• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8212 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
Donsmythe

Intent for Cleopatra's Pearls

Another blockade? Already? Are you guys crazy? Yes, yes, and we're Bipolar!

Where: Cleopatra's Pearls
Time: A bit after 3:30pm pirate time
Pay: starting at 500/seg (2500/round), but we will raise to match
Jobbing contacts: Bipolar and Bipolarjc
Raffle: Yes! Details forthcoming, later in this thread!
Sinking: That remains to be seen

Why:

Apparently a few people have been perturbed about some recent building on Cleopatra's Pearls. Tarting about things like this are all well and good for parley, but moaning doesn't accomplish much. It's much better to actually try and do something, if it bothers you that much.

So, as one of the ocean's premier party planners, Bipolar has decided to give you just the opportunity you wanted to actually do something! It's another party, this time at Cleo's, and you're all invited to come and play!

Don't like what Mystery Core has done to the island? Then come help us oust those muppets and change the island's future! Our plans for Cleopatra's Pearls, should we win the blockade, are as follows:

(1) Halt construction on the shipyard bazaar, and petition the oceanmasters to have it removed.

(2) Petition the oceanmasters to remove all the rubble piles.

(3) Build a building(*) in such a way that it lines up with the other buildings in an aesthetically pleasing way. We feel that this will be necessary to prevent another badly placed shipyard bazaar, should someone else take the island in the future and try to be stupid with it.

(4) Care for the island to the best of our ability, taking input from residents and local shopkeepers, until a worthy opponent takes over future management.

We will be happy to answer any further questions and/or address any concerns you have here in this thread.

(*) We are leaning towards building a tailor bazaar, since that would allow the island to start spawning greenies. However, we are open to discussion on the matter and would be willing to entertain other ideas. A bazaar type that is not yet on the island or another type of housing would be possible candidates. If you wish to have a say in the type of building to be built, you will need to support Bipolar by jobbing with us in the blockade. Those who job with us will be added to a special group on our flag forum that will be allowed to vote on the building type.

Because this blockade is rather last-minute, this intent is under construction and will be amended as necessary. All edits will be noted here:

* Added a link on "oust those muppets" to a blockade song.

----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Donsmythe at Oct 9, 2010 12:07:13 AM]
[Oct 8, 2010 5:03:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Re: Intent for Cleopatra's Pearls

Yay, Bipolar.

As the original OP of the gripe you referred to, it'll be my pleasure to add a nice raffle prize or two, to the pot. I'll get with you in game tonight.
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Oct 8, 2010 5:17:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

Culliford wrote: 
BLOCKAAAAAAAAADE!!!!!

Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Oct 8, 2010 5:29:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

Culliford wrote: 
BLOCKAAAAAAAAADE!!!!!

I think I've been on Facebook too long... I keep looking for the "Like" button so that I don't actually have to post anything...
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Oct 8, 2010 5:58:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

Yay!

Blockade when I'll be home from vacation!
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

Rome says, "I don't even have a status of a man"
[Oct 8, 2010 6:18:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Don, you are awesome.
I've said so before, but it bears repeating.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Oct 8, 2010 7:00:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
linchpin_1

i will be there, one way or the other .. :).
Xule
Diletto tells ye, "well, all persuits in the end serve just to impress ladies, very very true"

(Avatar by the talented Alniyat)
[Oct 8, 2010 7:10:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

As noted in the edits to the intent, I've added a song . Since the lyrics go by quickly, it might help if I wrote them out:

The Blockade Game
(to the tune of the Muppet Show Theme Song)

It's time to stock the war ships
And turn on jobbing too
It's time to meet Bipolar on the blockade board today

It's time to pick a puzzle
It's time to get increds
It's time to blast some iron at the other ships out there

To introduce this blockade, that's what I'm here to do
So it really makes me happy to introduce to you:

Another crazy Midnight Ocean blockade starring the mates of Bipolar shooting rocks, fishes, and (we hope) some opposing ships!

It's time to load some cannons
It's time to shoot some boats
It's time to get things started
On the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, boominational --
This is what we call the Blockade Game!

Sorry about the low quality of the audio - I didn't have time to pull out all the pro gear, so I just sang into my laptop's microphone while balancing a USB keyboard in my lap. But hey, it's still good for a laugh! (I hope...)
[Oct 9, 2010 12:17:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

Fantastic song Don you have once again outdone yourself.

Morgana
[Oct 9, 2010 1:56:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

<3
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Oct 9, 2010 4:17:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
surfrn59

Great choice of songs! Nice job!
Surfie
Captain of Get of Fenris
Midnight Ocean
[Oct 9, 2010 4:32:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

Wow.

I'm continually amazed by the vocal talents that some pirates have (as also noted in the Sing for Bling thread).
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Oct 9, 2010 8:22:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trixylicks

Quick question don did you or any other member try to have a conversation with any of us in MC, in the game ?

Apart from that, Im happy to see you come play with us :)

Cheers

Trixylicks x
[Oct 9, 2010 9:47:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LadyMarmy

I've added a song .

Yarrr, I'm Inspired. See you there! Genius!
Marmy
avatar by: "Dagger's Grace" Avatar shop @ http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=184017&offset=0#2513906
[Oct 9, 2010 11:37:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

Quick question don did you or any other member try to have a conversation with any of us in MC, in the game ?

Apart from that, Im happy to see you come play with us :)

Cheers

Trixylicks x

Quick answer

Flag A leaves piles of rock lying around on what was a pretty island, Flag B are partial to blockading so jump on the fact Flag A have handed them a golden reason to visit with them for some boomy fun.

Those are the facts as I see them, and no where in there do i see a reason why Flag B needs to Talk to Flag A before the blockade other than to say lets have a good fun blockade.
So good blockading to both sides today, lets have some fun.

Morgana
[Oct 9, 2010 12:41:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Responses from people who purported to represent the flag, here in the forums, were (IMO) in the tone of "it's our island, we can do what we want." There may or may not have been a "scupper off" involved.

It was pointed out that the usual/preferred resolution to such disputes is a blockade. Fortunately, someone was willing to step up and do so.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Oct 9, 2010 2:42:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

We have ruble on our Island too, I think. Where is our blockade?

All jokeing aside, The best part of all bipolar blockades is the song don does in the intent, just when I thought they could not get better!
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[Oct 9, 2010 2:47:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

but, Vova. You're working on moving the rubble off... Didn't I see you handing out shovels at the Spring dock?

;)
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Oct 9, 2010 3:11:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
maiooch

I just have to say I enjoyed the Donaoke

All jokeing aside, The best part of all bipolar blockades is the song don does in the intent, just when I thought they could not get better!

Great! Now I have to go and look for all the others!
Rhodanite of Cerulean formerly of Midnight
Queen of Bedlam
[Oct 9, 2010 6:38:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

I just have to say I enjoyed the Donaoke

Great! Now I have to go and look for all the others!

Belive me, you wont be disaponited !
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[Oct 9, 2010 6:41:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maiooch

I've found a few...definitely suggesting don create the Donaoke Greatest Hits thread (somewhere) and link me :D
Rhodanite of Cerulean formerly of Midnight
Queen of Bedlam
[Oct 9, 2010 7:13:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

Thanks everyone for coming out to help us, you were all great! And thanks to Mystery Core for putting together a defense so that everyone could have some fun out there! Good game, mates.

I'd like to follow up on a few things from the intent. As many of you know, this was very much a spur of the moment thing. So you might be wondering, "What happened with the promised raffle? Nobody was hawking raffle tickets in jobber chat incessantly!"

Well, it's ended up being a "sort-of" raffle. More a lottery, if we want to be precise. Everyone that jobbed with us gets an automatic ticket, and as soon as we get the logs collated, we'll draw some names from the pile as winners. And we'll list them all here when that's done.

Since we were playing with Mystery Core today, your prize will be a Bipolar Mystery box. Winners will pick a number that hasn't already been chosen, and get what's in that box.

Prizes that are up for grabs include such amazing, wonderful things as ships, chromas, rare furniture items, complete outfits, and more. Our goal, as always, is to ensure that our prizes are things you would want to win, not just old refuse someone else didn't want. (If they didn't want it, why on earth would you?) Each of the boxes is a prize that should be worth no less than 10k, and possibly substantially more.

Also, items (1) and (2) of the intent have been done - we have halted the construction of the shipyard bazaar and we have submitted a petition asking for it's removal and the removal of the two rubble piles. We don't expect things to move any further until Monday at the soonest, since it will probably require one of the developers to do the actual removal.

As to item (3), we have created a section in our forum for discussion on Cleopatra's Pearls and will soon be starting a thread to work out the details on the type of building and its location; those who helped us today and wish to participate in the discussion will need to sign up at the Bipolar flag forum. Please choose a user name that matches your pirate name.

Thanks again to everyone for coming out, and I hope ye all had some fun! :D

Edit: The two rubble piles and construction site are now gone!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Donsmythe at Oct 11, 2010 12:31:52 PM]
[Oct 9, 2010 7:39:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

Sorry about the low quality of the audio - I didn't have time to pull out all the pro gear, so I just sang into my laptop's microphone while balancing a USB keyboard in my lap. But hey, it's still good for a laugh! (I hope...)

Oooh, oooh! Do you use Pro-Tools or are you an old school kinda Cakewalk guy? Either way, we should chat.

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Oct 9, 2010 9:06:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

Oooh, oooh! Do you use Pro-Tools or are you an old school kinda Cakewalk guy? Either way, we should chat.

~The Maestro

I've been using GarageBand for these, actually. I'm still amazed at what it's capable of, considering it's free on every Mac. Eventually I'd like to grab Logic Pro and Sibelius, though. (If you're curious about what hardware I've been using we can take that to PMs, the list gets kinda long.)
[Oct 9, 2010 11:57:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
Trixylicks

Thank you for a great blockade, we really had fun xxxx

Trixylicks
[Oct 10, 2010 2:32:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

OK, here are the lucky 11(*) winners of a Bipolar Mystery Box:

Anji
Bladedragon
Chayesh
Longjohnarr
Magiquecat
Risso
Seroled
Spearhalk
Tinban
Trmntr
Tubarao

If your name is listed above, you have two weeks to contact me to collect your prize (that means Oct. 25th is the last day; any prizes not collected by then are forfeit and may be used in the next raffle we hold). I try to be online a lot - though I might be puzzleblind or away from the computer frequently. So please be patient, and try again if I haven't responded within 5 minutes. You can usually find me on Smythedon or Donsmythe, or both. The final prize list is:

• Coupon for full outfit at Clothes On the Half Shell tailor (2 of these)
  • Chocolate chroma
  • Creative Sprat (sloop)
  • Moaning Bream (Phantom class sloop)
  • Rogue sloop design
  • Ship's bell (maroon/white)
  • New, blue/blue scimitar
  • Spears and Fancy spears (one of each)
  • Pirate flag
  • Halloween decor (gibbet, pile of bones, and 2 tombstones)

As said previously, winners will be blindly choosing which prize they get. The prizes have been randomly assigned a number from 1 to 11; you'll be picking a number that hasn't already been chosen and will be awarded the prize corresponding to that number. The unchosen numbers can be seen upstairs at the Palace on Cleopatra's Pearls - there's a line of numbered gift boxes there. I'll remove each box as its number is chosen by a winner.

Thanks again to everyone who came out to help, and congratulations to our winners!

(*) Everyone that jobbed with us had an equal chance of winning, slightly better than 1 in 14. Random.org was used to choose the winners.
[Oct 11, 2010 10:06:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

OK, here are the lucky 11(*) winners of a Bipolar Mystery Box:

Anji
Bladedragon
Chayesh
Longjohnarr
Magiquecat
Risso
Seroled
Spearhalk
Tinban
Trmntr
Tubarao

If your name is listed above, you have two weeks to contact me to collect your prize (that means Oct. 25th is the last day; any prizes not collected by then are forfeit and may be used in the next raffle we hold). I try to be online a lot - though I might be puzzleblind or away from the computer frequently. So please be patient, and try again if I haven't responded within 5 minutes. You can usually find me on Smythedon or Donsmythe, or both. The final prize list is:

• Coupon for full outfit at Clothes On the Half Shell tailor (2 of these)

Please find me in game or send PM here to arrange to meet to redeem the Outfit Coupons :)

Thanks again, BP for stepping up to the plate <3
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Oct 16, 2010 1:46:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Publandlord

As promised in the blockade intent, we have removed the rubble and the shipyard bazaar from Cleopatra's Pearls. We've been discussing what to do next in our flag forum; as mentioned in the intent, our first choice is a tailor bazaar.

Unless there are strong objections, I intend to do the following starting on Wednesday:

• Petition the oceanmasters to remove the bank
  • When the bank is gone place the new tailor bazaar next to the inn, where the bank used to be. The current preferred name is "Cut and Bastet", but further suggestions will be gratefully received.
Once the bazaar construction is started, any objections should be raised through blockades! :-)

There's a preview of how the tailor bazaar would look in our forum thread.
Anaplian, Shadow Riders, Midnight Ocean
[Oct 17, 2010 6:32:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

Just a note on the bank, Cold Steel has asked repeatedly for the bank on Wrasse to be removed, to no avail. I hope you are more successful.
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Oct 17, 2010 6:52:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Publandlord

Just a note on the bank, Cold Steel has asked repeatedly for the bank on Wrasse to be removed, to no avail. I hope you are more successful.

That's interesting! The official policy page (http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Official:Policy#Dusting_Buildings:) says that banks may be dusted when requested through a petition, and "you may be asked why you want to dust it".

I will just have to try!

(Edit to add: I note that the policy about dusting banks was only added on 6th August 2010, by Artemis. If you asked before then, it is probably worth asking again!)
Anaplian, Shadow Riders, Midnight Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Publandlord at Oct 17, 2010 7:09:31 PM]
[Oct 17, 2010 7:07:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates