• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2689 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
reesyann

I had a conversation with a DI royal

When the taxes on Cranberry went up I had a conversation with a DI royal about them. Now I thought part of a royal's job is to answer questions and listen to complaints but that isn't what he thought a royal should do. That conversation was not very productive and I decided to let it go and go on with my game play. Until one day I was putting up ships for sale in the bazaar and found the DI post selling war frigs and war brigs. I thought to myself "well they are just big ships and I don't really care to make the brigs and I only have a stall so I can't make the frigs." Now the new Limited Edition sloops are out and I find them (DI) producing them out of that ship shoppe that I was told only produces flag ships when I looked at the rest of the ships I found the Crows Nest (DI's shoppe) selling all classes of ships and they have the lowest prices on most. Oh and to top it off, the royal I had the conversation with is one of the managers there.

I know chat logs can be altered but here is my log anyway, edited in the required manor of course and only the few pertinent lines.

[19:20:39] Ye told DI royal, "and why should I subsidize a flag that builds a shoppe that competes with me?"
[19:20:45] DI royal tells ye, "does that mean you will close yer eta stall too?"
[19:21:43] DI royal tells ye, "the SY we built isnt open to the public so it doesnt compete with you and you dont own a tailor"
[19:21:57] Ye told DI royal , "LOL no I don't have a problem with your flag in fact I was in DP for years and was good friends with your flag. And no I won't be closing my stall on Eta. DI held Eta when I opened my stall there"

I don't know how to link the forum post to this one so I am just copying it here

RedShadow2

Re: Buying/Selling Brigs, Frigates and Xebecs Reply to this Post
For The Ship Collectors:

If there are any pirates out there that collect Ship names get a hold of myself or Lilredhen or just post. We can try to hook you up with a WB/WF (for the right price)
----------------------------------------
RedShadow

Cronus tells ye, "Ahoy mate! I've run off with all your PoE. Don't worry though, I've given you a yellow monkey to distract you while I make my escape."

Gaea tells ye, "My goodness, you're shiny."

Edit to add the forum post
Edited again because I found a spelling error
Reddythered tells you "you idiot"

Thank you! I love it.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by reesyann at Oct 6, 2010 11:25:13 AM]
[Oct 6, 2010 11:03:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Re: I had a conversation with a DI royal

Someone whining

What does this have to do with the price on beans in California?
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Oct 6, 2010 11:22:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

So hang on...

There's someone who controls the island, they have a shipyard too. And you don't want them to have a shipyard, you just want to have no competition for your shipyard.

This is what it took you all those words and meaningless couching of what boils down to "Wahhhhhh" to say?

with Harrjm on this one.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Oct 6, 2010 11:25:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedShadow2

Im only going to comment on the selling of ships ....

DI has 100s and 100s of boats.
Just because we were looking to sell some has nothing to do with the SY.

In fact we wanted to sell them because people were upset that we suck some good names and were told "We would of bought that boat but you went and sunk it :( "

So we figured we could sell some, make ppl happy and replace them, no biggie.
RedShadow - Cerulean

Spot Collector! Always Willing to Buy/Trade - My List of Boats (Google Doc.)

Cerulean Boat Collectors List (Google Doc.)
[Oct 6, 2010 11:36:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
reesyann

Them competing with me means nothing. Them lying to me means a lot. Whining no.............did I ask anyone to rise up and smite the evil doers? Did I ask anyone to join me in my cause? Did I do this for any other reason than to point out that it isn't nice to lie?

Thank you! I love it.
[Oct 6, 2010 11:38:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

I'm still kinda unclear on what the lie was supposed to have been.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Oct 6, 2010 11:40:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedShadow2

Them competing with me means nothing. Them lying to me means a lot. Whining no.............did I ask anyone to rise up and smite the evil doers? Did I ask anyone to join me in my cause? Did I do this for any other reason than to point out that it isn't nice to lie?

Fine Ill comment ....

*News Flash*

Things Change! :p

This convo. took place 2/3 months ago?
At that time yes we were only making boats for ourselves.
We got a boat count we are happy with, so to make some poe back we are selling some boats to the public.

Best way to change that is to blockade us (sinking ones work best)
We will loose some ships and be forced to make new ones.
RedShadow - Cerulean

Spot Collector! Always Willing to Buy/Trade - My List of Boats (Google Doc.)

Cerulean Boat Collectors List (Google Doc.)
[Oct 6, 2010 11:42:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Thanks mom!

You didn't really do any of those things you mention, but you sure as hell managed to start a thread in Parley.

What did you expect would happen?

Wahhh wahhh someone who does literally hundreds of times my volume in business with the backing of a large network of dedicated flaggies can afford to sell ships for lower prices WAHHHHH
Was once Stuyvesant

[Edit 1 times, last edit by StuManchu at Oct 6, 2010 11:57:38 AM]
[Oct 6, 2010 11:56:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
reesyann

You should check first Stuy, they don't sell the new Limited Edition sloops for less than me.

I guess I have missed the point of Parley too and I will now bow out and let you have it back.

I'm sorry you all took this as whinning when it was just meant to be a post about telling the truth. Maybe I am the only merchant on Cranberry, wait I am almost the only merchant on Cranberry, that remembers Vova doing a big push and rent rebates to get people to open stalls there. Then they opened the new ship shoppe and raised the taxes. I asked why and was given the answer I quoted. Which made me say "okaaaaaaaay" and I decided maybe I should move my stalls but then I got lazy and stayed. Well I kind of got more than lazy, I stopped playing for about a month. And no not because of anything that happened here.

I always though this ocean would swallow anything except lies. I called DI on building yet another unneeded ship shoppe and was lied to and that is just fine I guess.

Thank you! I love it.
[Oct 6, 2010 12:15:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mrgaz1980

You should check first Stuy, they don't sell the new Limited Edition sloops for less than me.

I guess I have missed the point of Parley too and I will now bow out and let you have it back.

I'm sorry you all took this as whinning when it was just meant to be a post about telling the truth. Maybe I am the only merchant on Cranberry, wait I am almost the only merchant on Cranberry, that remembers Vova doing a big push and rent rebates to get people to open stalls there. Then they opened the new ship shoppe and raised the taxes. I asked why and was given the answer I quoted. Which made me say "okaaaaaaaay" and I decided maybe I should move my stalls but then I got lazy and stayed. Well I kind of got more than lazy, I stopped playing for about a month. And no not because of anything that happened here.

I always though this ocean would swallow anything except lies. I called DI on building yet another unneeded ship shoppe and was lied to and that is just fine I guess.

I was the person who gave tax rebates for new stall owners. I raised tax to 10% when we took it off Fallen, I was Governor when you has these problems. Did you ever speak to me as the Gov? no, not once. Taxes were at 10% before the SY was even built.

Also the SY was needed by DI to rebuild some of our fleet, we temporarily opened to public, to recoup some Poe we need to replace ships sold/lost. Finally, why should people who spend their own Poe, not have some price competition? I for one prefer having the option of multiple shoppes to buy from, keeps people on their toes and prices low.
Devill, capt of Mutiny,
Former Bitch of DI.
[Oct 6, 2010 12:24:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

The ocean swallows lies just as easily as it swallows changes in administrative policy that are entirely within the scope of a ruling flag's choices to make. Which is exactly what happened here.
Was once Stuyvesant

[Oct 6, 2010 12:56:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

This thread made me do the laughter. Keep it coming with the entertainment on the internets while I am at work people.
Kimmy

I play a few oceans :)

[Oct 6, 2010 3:17:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

I think the OP makes sense, I don't understand why everyone is being so critical of it. (Not saying I agree or disagree with it). If nothing else, it could serve as a warning as to what to expect if DI blockades an island where ye live and/or own a shoppe, which is why it would belong in Midnight Parley.
Sprngweather & Picory
[Oct 6, 2010 4:25:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
butlert23

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=156468&offset=10#2203117
[Oct 6, 2010 6:46:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gisbert

NEWS FLASH

EVERYONE LIES!!!!

It is just a matter of perception.
Rocking chair gramps.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by gisbert at Oct 7, 2010 6:08:51 AM]
[Oct 7, 2010 6:03:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JTheBear

Devill, perhaps the reason Reesyann didn't speak to you about this was because she is very rarely on at the same time you are.... after all, it was over 2 weeks after someone told me you were looking for me to give me my shop opening rebate that we happened to be on at the same time.... I know she's in the same time zone as me, I'm positive of this as we share a house.... So, barring an opportunity to speak to the governor, she spoke to a royal, which she considered to be the next best thing...
Jthebear

Davsbrander says, "you're a legend"
Jthebear says, "yea, a legend in my own mind

[Oct 7, 2010 6:24:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

I would just Blockade them.
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[Oct 7, 2010 9:53:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JTheBear

I would just Blockade them.

you should do that, Vova....

::envisions Vova at his computer....::
"I shoot you"
"No, I shoot you"
Jthebear

Davsbrander says, "you're a legend"
Jthebear says, "yea, a legend in my own mind

[Oct 7, 2010 10:41:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates