• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 47
Posts: 47   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7416 times and has 46 replies Next Thread
Bealotus

Re: Cleopatra's Mess

Trixylicks wrote:

how can new blockaders compete against ppl who played in a different era and carpers like springheel and old school pirates like yearbook !

LOL wut?
----------------------------------------
Oceanus says, "Genious, pure genious."
[Oct 9, 2010 10:14:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

Trixylicks wrote:

how can new blockaders compete against ppl who played in a different era and carpers like springheel and old school pirates like yearbook !

Easy they take a station and puzzle their little pirate fingers to the bone like the rest of us do.

But I will remember the excuse the next time we lose a blockade or battle it is Springheels and Yearbooks fault.
Poor Springy blamed for more stuff.

Morgana
[Oct 9, 2010 10:32:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

I think she's referring to the new blockade navigators.
Sprngweather & Picory
[Oct 9, 2010 11:11:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

I think she's referring to the new blockade navigators.

Or is she refering to BiPolar as a flag being new.
Lesgreg
[Oct 9, 2010 11:52:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

I quote
" carpers like springheel and old school pirates like yearbook "

So to me it reads carpers or puzzlers.

Morgana
[Oct 10, 2010 1:51:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trixylicks

Ugh my post sounds bitter in the light of day with a hangover, so I'm sorry springheel and others for my post.

And ty all for coming out to play

Trixylicks
[Oct 10, 2010 2:30:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

old school pirates like yearbook !

Yearbook, old? She's not even middle-aged, doesn't even have her third order :-)
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Oct 10, 2010 3:59:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

I'm old?

Cool.

Me and my bilge pump had fun yesterday. Its nice being just a puzzler from time to time.
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

Rome says, "I don't even have a status of a man"
[Oct 10, 2010 5:03:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Springheel

jesus christ all i want to do is make carp tokens and i get blamed for the current state of blockades
blah blah blah
[Oct 10, 2010 6:27:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

In all fairness the lady apologised, why not accept it in good grace and let it be?
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Oct 10, 2010 12:02:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
annebunny

I was in a flag that held Cleopatra's Pearls for a while. We cared very much about the beautiful layout and worked hard to take good care of the island.

There used to be one shop there - a distillery. I was the last deedholder. I gave it up so that it could be dusted and turned into shacks. Then the plan was to find a way to get a tailor bazaar built so the island could spawn greenies, possibly by dusting the apothecary bazaar first. The island changed hands before the plan could be finished - the shacks were built once the distillery poofed, but that's as far as it got.

I was a bit annoyed when I saw you built a shipyard bazaar there instead - seriously bad idea when you consider the wood supply for that arch. (I know people that move wood from Ruby down to Zeta because they can't get it fast enough or at a good enough price on Zeta!) And the location? My eyes bled. Seems to me like both the choice of building and plot location could have been a lot better.

Initially I thought that as bad as it was, it's your island, so whatever. I shrugged and moved on. Then I read this post post of yours. After seeing your petulant, childish attitude, I decided to do something instead of just letting it be. Thankfully the rest of Bipolar agreed with me that we ought to at least try to do something. (Actually, I think they just like to shoot barnacle up, and any excuse is as good as any other.)

I am posting here now because I thought you'd like to know just how much your political "finesse" really made an impact on me (as well as others). Looking at the rest of the tartfest that appeared after the post I quoted, here's to hoping Alniyat and Xule, and others, will come out to help us clean up your mess.

I was in the flag that held Cleo just before Donsmythe. It was the Flag that first colonized it. I was sad when the distillery dusted, I named it.
An alt opened the first IM stall on Cleo, and I still operate one there. Our flag considered the placement of every building very carefully, and we had all the supplies needed for construction before construction started.
We saw Cleo as a "vacation" spot, not as a spawning spot, and hoped to have plenty of booze and shot for passers-by. Other flags have other visions, and that's as it should be, but rubble piles should be cleaned up.

Graciekat, SO Guns of Minerva (Liberty Hull), formerly of Plunder Inc (Boochin Katfish)
PS: all the wood burned in my IM comes from Eta or Cranberry. Zeta's wood is for emergencies only.
Orrorin
SO, Blackwolf Marauders

[Oct 10, 2010 12:15:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nessmonster

In all fairness the lady apologised, why not accept it in good grace and let it be?

Because they're carpers?
Lochnessa and Ladygemma
Midnight Ocean

Notsprngheel and Lochnessa
Malachite
[Oct 11, 2010 8:24:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

Just a quick interruption here:

The construction site and rubble piles are now gone.

You may now return to the regularly scheduled tarfest, at least until a lolcat shows up or the thread gets Godwinned .
[Oct 11, 2010 12:36:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Thanks very much for the update and everything else, Don.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Oct 11, 2010 12:46:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Markus1

You may now return to the regularly scheduled tarfest, at least until a lolcat shows up or the thread gets Godwinned .

How about both?

Zingman

Siochan Leat -- Carpe Noctem -- forever Midnight
[Oct 11, 2010 4:21:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trixylicks

Thanks don, didn't know you could get om's to remove rubble until this thread. So thats handy to know. There has been rubble at the other side of the island since before we took cleo over a year ago.

trixylicks xxx
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Trixylicks at Oct 12, 2010 12:53:31 AM]
[Oct 12, 2010 12:14:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

Donsmythe wrote: 
There used to be one shop there - a distillery. I was the last deedholder. I gave it up so that it could be dusted and turned into shacks. Then the plan was to find a way to get a tailor bazaar built so the island could spawn greenies, possibly by dusting the apothecary bazaar first. The island changed hands before the plan could be finished - the shacks were built once the distillery poofed, but that's as far as it got.

Just to clarify on the plan to spawn greenies... I was governor at that time and got the shacks built with all due speed. We, Silver Dawn - a now dead and defunct flag - were ready to make the changes needed to spawn greenies but ONE extremely selfish pirate decided he/she/they didn't want due to their apothecary stall being located there. We offered to move his/her/their stall and pay a fee to compensate them for move, but they refused.

In short, I am thoroughly familiar, and can sympathize with, Don's frustration on this issue.
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Oct 15, 2010 3:10:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 47   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates