• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6330 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
cplaw45

There's no Y in Pirate ... Intent for Namath

Blockade Details:
Who: Blocky vs. Elysian Fields
When: Saturday, October 2, 2010 @ 3 pm GAME TIME
Where: Namath Island (Jet Arch)
Why: There is no Y in Pirate!

Other Pertinent Info:
*Jobbing Pay: starting at 200 poe per segment and will likely increase
*Jobbing Contact: Tiggertoo or see the Notice Board

Plans for the island: We will set the tax rate to zero for two weeks and then set it to the current tax rate of 6%. We will keep the Explorer's Hall and Trading Post operating. We will not erect any new buildings or alter Namath's commodity spawn. We will host some events and/or games to bring more business to Namath.

Please come out and give us a hand!
----------------------------------------
Lawgirl
Captain of Legally Drunk!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by cplaw45 at Oct 1, 2010 4:21:39 PM]
[Oct 1, 2010 3:23:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rockitboy

Re: There's no Y in Pirate ... Intent for Namath

Was the Everybody flag too busy to blockade?
Rocketboy
Cursed Isles, ridding the ocean of poor BNAV one ship at a time.
[Oct 1, 2010 3:45:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cplaw45

The Everybody flag is not a war flag. Blocky is.
Lawgirl
[Oct 1, 2010 4:20:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bealotus

wait what?

are you serious.. that the worst excuse ever. I think this is more about you being afraid to get the wardec right back in your face and have people hunting you.
Oceanus says, "Genious, pure genious."
[Oct 1, 2010 4:23:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cornflaxes

wait what?

are you serious.. that the worst excuse ever. I think this is more about you being afraid to get the wardec right back in your face and have people hunting you.

Hhaaha ^^

And whatever happened to dropping on Chap
Cornflaxes
Senior Officer Of Made Of Fail
Prince of Fallen
Fourteen says, "Ok gotta run if I log on drunk and say **** to you.. sorry in advance.. usually Im nice but meh you never know"
[Oct 1, 2010 4:26:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cplaw45

I refer you to the Legally Drunk crew page and the public statement which has been posted for months. We have a war flag with the correct fame. We can blockade whomever we like. Thanks for your interest :)
Lawgirl
[Oct 1, 2010 4:29:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
surfrn59

LOL wheres my tissues , I cant see!
Surfie
Captain of Get of Fenris
Midnight Ocean
[Oct 1, 2010 4:46:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chetara

wait what?

Hhaaha ^^

And whatever happened to dropping on Chap

You really want to piss her off more corn?
Raucousred says, "lulz Blowfish takin' on the Chub?"

Captain of Midnight's Terrors
Princess of Otheworld
DRINK!!!!!!!!!
[Oct 1, 2010 5:17:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

Why not? It's not like they're even remotely scary. Besides, even if he does piss them off, it'll be half a year before they actually do get around to blockading him.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Oct 1, 2010 5:56:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mrguga7

Why not? It's not like they're even remotely scary. Besides, even if he does piss them off, it'll be half a year before they actually do get around to blockading him.

lol im sure but when they do block it youd be damn sure corn is gunna lose it no questions asked

and this block is gunna be fun
Emerald Guga - SO of "The Otherworlders"
Titled member of Wait For It

Cerulean: Funnymanv - Captain of "Mirrors of Chaos"
Royal of Scourge of Malice

Collects : ships with adj. Funny :D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Mrguga7 at Oct 1, 2010 7:42:32 PM]
[Oct 1, 2010 7:41:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

lol im sure but when they do block it youd be damn sure corn is gunna lose it no questions asked

and this block is gunna be fun

you know this because?
Fourteen global chats, "How do monsters like their eggs? terri-fried!"
Hera global chats, "I'm muting you Fourteen for terrible jokes."
[Oct 1, 2010 8:48:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mrguga7

because like corn im cocky

plus corn won it by a flook ladyweedy had basicly no poe to defend with after being hit by fallen (and winning) and the week befor actually taking the island

[Edit 4 times, last edit by Mrguga7 at Oct 1, 2010 9:22:27 PM]
[Oct 1, 2010 9:10:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

Well. first off Corn didnt win the blockade against Ladyweeds flag. The Plastics won it We might be a small flag but we are more than Cornflaxes.. thanx god! ;)

So you think that flags that are out of poe or short on them should be off the possible island to attack list?

There are pros and cons for playing the blockade game. So make up with yourself if you want to deal with all aspects of the game before you go for an island. We actually expected a real blockade which you should expect each time. So what you call a flook.. I take it you mean fluke as in being lucky? was a lot of hard work and preparing. So come again cocky guy! Looking forward to see you host a blockade sometimes soon.. maybe at Chaparral?
[Oct 1, 2010 9:47:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mrguga7

im saying corn cuz atm he is gov didnt mean to leave out the flag aspect

and didnt say anything about not attacking chap it is a good idea to attack it but the idea of the fluke (thanks for the spellin) was that it would have been a more even match if the attackers matched the pay that the defenders could afford

plus the prep work isnt all that difficult its just moving ships supplies and making lists of navers and apointing roles for jobbing and exe

and i have hosted my share of blokades just not on middy so i know the blokade game aswell

and who wants chap? its an outpost island that need alot of work to actually make poe on any way

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Mrguga7 at Oct 1, 2010 10:09:34 PM]
[Oct 1, 2010 9:57:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

I hear DI is totally outa poez and thier fleet is down to a purple/permmision sloop. So drop thier names into that do not attack list please.

About the fluke remark, the Plastics organized, had funding, did all the needed legwork and took the defender seriously and won the island. Like them or not, It was no fluke.

P.S
Corn sucks !

Edit: It is not The Plastics fualt that the defenders posted they would pay whatever it was a seg and when the blockade came around the defenders droped the pay to 50 poe a seg(was it?). Next I am not sure what Islands you hold or have won, but even in this day blockade prep is no easy job, if it was you would not see as many blockades won/lost before the blockade even started during the last 5 years.
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by v76odessa at Oct 1, 2010 10:24:23 PM]
[Oct 1, 2010 10:11:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

At least get your facts straight..

When Ladyweed and Florida Gators posted their defense post they said they would pay 1k per seg. thats 500 more than we posted we would pay. So what did you expect that we had pulled out when we saw their offer wasnt as they said? At least we kept our word and paid our jobbers as we promised them we would.

added links so you can read up on the background.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=158326

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=158315
[Edit 1 times, last edit by fourteen1414 at Oct 1, 2010 10:22:52 PM]
[Oct 1, 2010 10:15:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cornflaxes

Tart. Tart. Tart.!!

Sinky fun tomorrow!!!

P.S
Vova sucks for free :)
And Surfie rocks :)
Cornflaxes
Senior Officer Of Made Of Fail
Prince of Fallen
Fourteen says, "Ok gotta run if I log on drunk and say **** to you.. sorry in advance.. usually Im nice but meh you never know"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cornflaxes at Oct 1, 2010 10:23:19 PM]
[Oct 1, 2010 10:19:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mrguga7

ok true i give u that one i completely forgot about the intent post that they posted

and vova im talking about the aspect of prep work not the politics and exe and yes it is easy its not that hard to move ships around the ocean and stock. ya the organization takes a lil more practice but can easily be worked out in event cades still all the same its not that hard

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Mrguga7 at Oct 1, 2010 10:30:56 PM]
[Oct 1, 2010 10:22:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

I know right! Cornflaxes is a stupid. And has like no Ypp friends. Today is backwards day
Lesgreg
[Oct 2, 2010 6:59:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

Afraid I have to disagree with you here Funnymanv, while moving ships for blockades has become easy thanks to the swabbie feature (gone are the hours spent floating ships from one end of the ocean to the other), there is still all the stock to move and then the task of stocking all those ships.
Then there is the headaches in sorting out staffing, raffles, pay offers etc.
Lets not forget you even need someone artistic to do the flags intent, (not vital to a blockade I know but for a lot of flags an important aspect of the blockade planning).

So that is a huge amount of work before your jobbing notice has even gone up, and then the admiral has all the stress of putting plans into action and making sure all nav and xo teams are on the same page so friendly fire is avoided.

While some of these tasks may not be overly hard other tasks are, and they are all time comsuming and stressful.

Morgana
[Oct 2, 2010 8:15:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

Funnyman, don't say it's easy to move stock, especially when you're talking about these guys. When they originally said they were going to attack Namath, they tried to move stock and lost a ton of it to a pvp.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Oct 2, 2010 9:14:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forumtart8

I know right! Cornflaxes is a stupid. And has like no Ypp friends.

In trying to put words into anothers mouth, You are the only one who mentioned Cornflaxes and stupid in same sentence. Cornflaxes has YPP friends and also enemies, and that list grows everyday. If I were to list the terms and phrases I have personally heard to describe this child, I would be banned. So, Lesgreg, next time you try to insult someone for having an opinion, please have all 3 sides to the story. Yours, Mine and the truth. May I also recommend the truth. Did I fail to mention that the truth is important. So lets deal with the truth here...This post is about a blockade drop on Namath, nothing more and noone else. Stop the sillyness !!!

Excellent artwork, whomever was responsible. I appreciate you efforts and talent.
[Oct 2, 2010 9:32:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bealotus

Forumtart8 said:

blah blah blah

Who are you again?
Oceanus says, "Genious, pure genious."
[Oct 2, 2010 10:15:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
calorifere

In trying to put words into anothers mouth, You are the only one who mentioned Cornflaxes and stupid in same sentence. Cornflaxes has YPP friends and also enemies, and that list grows everyday. If I were to list the terms and phrases I have personally heard to describe this child, I would be banned. So, Lesgreg, next time you try to insult someone for having an opinion, please have all 3 sides to the story. Yours, Mine and the truth. May I also recommend the truth. Did I fail to mention that the truth is important. So lets deal with the truth here...

Cornflaxes is stupid. And has like no Ypp friends. His mother is a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries.

This post is about a blockade drop on Namath, nothing more and noone else. Stop the sillyness !!!

Now you're being silly. Don't you know anything about the purpose of this forum?
Hatchetback
Senior Officer of Fifth Fist of th'Misfits
[Edit 1 times, last edit by calorifere at Oct 2, 2010 11:25:54 AM]
[Oct 2, 2010 11:19:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
omegadyn

So, Lesgreg, next time you try to insult someone for having an opinion, please have all 3 sides to the story. Yours, Mine and the truth. May I also recommend the truth. .

So your story isn't the truth? Glad we have that all figured out.
Omegadyn

Cronus says, "Luck is always better than having a clue."
[Oct 2, 2010 1:38:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nessmonster

nothing more and noone else

I like this, sounds like something Snooki might say.
Lochnessa and Ladygemma
Midnight Ocean

Notsprngheel and Lochnessa
Malachite
[Oct 2, 2010 3:03:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

Bealoutus wrote: 
Forumtart8 said:

blah blah blah

Who are you again?

At the risk of being called stupid for stating the obvious, it would seem this is someone who has no idea what facetiousness is, and probably someone who is completely unaware of whom is hearties with whom (even if informally).
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Oct 2, 2010 5:51:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AlfMason

Congrats on taking the island
Mullins on Midnight, Stinks on Ice

Have a problem with me in Game Design? Read this

I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse.
[Oct 2, 2010 6:03:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

Well done. A tough fight. Congratulations.
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Oct 2, 2010 6:18:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

Funnyman, don't say it's easy to move stock, especially when you're talking about these guys. When they originally said they were going to attack Namath, they tried to move stock and lost a ton of it to a pvp.

That pvp was fun.
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

Rome says, "I don't even have a status of a man"
[Oct 2, 2010 6:24:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates