• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9629 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
etieti

RELEASE TIME PLEASE!

MORE EVENTS NEEDED FIRSTLY! (competitions, bigger tourneys with something else than trinkets, event cades)

1-A-Open islands for cading ... i think crimson is ready for it!

1-B- Non Sinking flotillas : Probably like sloops cutters and dhows max but like that we could still have fun sinking ships .... IO are getting boring ... Main idea : Have more TH fun!

2- Getting more expeditions on pillages should be great too :)
We love expeditions!

3- Trading post that we can trade trinkets we win in tourneys like flowers.

4- Black Market : So we can get TH and forage expeditions ... I know kids will be gambling on buying 10k a box but we can make a limit or making boxes cheaper...

5- Charts in skellies/zombies (Something like)
TH/Forages/Regular/IO maps

6- Daily competitions/Daily tourneys/ Familiar competitions ... (with better useful prices than trinkets) I know many people mentioned it before but we love competitions on crimson and we have like once a day when we are lucky ! Thanks Apollo!

7- More merchants spawn ... I got a stall on dragon nest and not much merchants going there.

8- Make event cades that humans can govern an island .. for 1 week ... 2 weeks ... 1 month?? At least some cades and people can enjoy governing an island!

9- Less skellies and zombies when fray ... we had 4 zombies/skellies frays.. it was perfect ... and now 5 why?? We cannot do winning frays anymore with 5 ... not many people can do them on islands that no one can get there except by missions.

10- Making place on stalls bigger?? We cannot have a Shoppe ... and in SY stall we cannot build more than a WB ...

Thank ye for answer and hoping Developpers and OM’s will read this!

MAIN POINT : MORE EVENTS AND MORE NEW THINGS + MORE TH PLEASE!

FEEL FREE TO POST HERE IF YE WANT SOMETHING SPECIFIC NOT MENTIONNED HERE PLEASE! LETS MOVE ON CRIMSON!
----------------------------------------
Emerald
Cerulean
[Sep 29, 2010 9:40:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Re: RELEASE TIME PLEASE!

Why selling more than small IO maps??
No one will ever do medium, large and huge IO maps in a long while!

Ye can make a release we can buy TH and forage maps there??

Make something ... more interesting for crimson please ... DEVS and OMS if ye read this ... don't let crimson die with 5 people a day on crimson!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by etieti at Sep 29, 2010 11:30:44 AM]
[Sep 29, 2010 11:30:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

MORE EVENTS NEEDED FIRSTLY! (competitions, bigger tourneys with something else than trinkets, event cades)

1-B- Non Sinking flotillas : Probably like sloops cutters and dhows max but like that we could still have fun sinking ships .... IO are getting boring ... Main idea : Have more TH fun!

We love expeditions!

4- Black Market : So we can get TH and forage expeditions ... I know kids will be gambling on buying 10k a box but we can make a limit or making boxes cheaper...

6- Daily competitions/Daily tourneys/ Familiar competitions ... (with better useful prices than trinkets) I know many people mentioned it before but we love competitions on crimson and we have like once a day when we are lucky ! Thanks Apollo!

7- More merchants spawn ... I got a stall on dragon nest and not much merchants going there.

8- Make event cades that humans can govern an island .. for 1 week ... 2 weeks ... 1 month?? At least some cades and people can enjoy governing an island!

9- Less skellies and zombies when fray ... we had 4 zombies/skellies frays.. it was perfect ... and now 5 why?? We cannot do winning frays anymore with 5 ... not many people can do them on islands that no one can get there except by missions.

10- Making place on stalls bigger?? We cannot have a Shoppe ... and in SY stall we cannot build more than a WB ...

Thank ye for answer and hoping Developpers and OM?s will read this!

FEEL FREE TO POST HERE IF YE WANT SOMETHING SPECIFIC NOT MENTIONNED HERE PLEASE! LETS MOVE ON CRIMSON!

1-A-I don't see this happening unless more people start to play on Crimson. There isn't enough reason to open up the islands right now.

1-B-This is great idea

2-Expeditions are great but it's luck on getting them.

3-That one belongs in game design or you can sell/trade them on the forums

4-Aren't these built by island owners?

5-Wonderful idea

6-This is also a good idea

7-yeah, I think it has to do with overall ocean traffic. You might have to just go around getting the supplies yourself.

8-So you want it to be more like ICE in a way?

9-yeah, this is another game development thing. They need to posibly move it to only populated islands. However pirates with boats on islands where the fray is going on can job others to the boat. Not any good if you're not an officer with a badge.

10-That stinks. I didn't know that. But with population so low, is it really a good idea to take a WB out? I would think a sloop or cutter would be ideal.

I understand that things are different on Crimson versus the other oceans because of the population, however, I don't think that asking for a total rewrite on some things is very plausible.
Kimmy

I play a few oceans :)

[Sep 29, 2010 4:21:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

We love expeditions!

Thank ye for answer and hoping Developpers and OM?s will read this!

1-A-I don't see this happening unless more people start to play on Crimson. There isn't enough reason to open up the islands right now. Everyone including me and ye would enjoy governing an island!

1-B-This is great idea

2-Expeditions are great but it's luck on getting them.

3-That one belongs in game design or you can sell/trade them on the forums

4-Aren't these built by island owners?

5-Wonderful idea

6-This is also a good idea

7-yeah, I think it has to do with overall ocean traffic. You might have to just go around getting the supplies yourself.

8-So you want it to be more like ICE in a way? Only want to govern ... i love to govern like any1 else!

9-yeah, this is another game development thing. They need to posibly move it to only populated islands. However pirates with boats on islands where the fray is going on can job others to the boat. Not any good if you're not an officer with a badge.

10-That stinks. I didn't know that. But with population so low, is it really a good idea to take a WB out? I would think a sloop or cutter would be ideal. I need storage ships!

I understand that things are different on Crimson versus the other oceans because of the population, however, I don't think that asking for a total rewrite on some things is very plausible.

More answers and maybe other ideas please crimsonians?? :P

Emerald
Cerulean
[Sep 29, 2010 4:30:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

etieti wrote: 
1-A-Open islands for cading

These would be a couple of ways to eliminate the no shoppes on Crimson problem, provided the Developers believe it is suitable to allow governors to place shoppe building sites.

Governors with the ability to place shoppe building sites don't necessarily have to be awarded via winning a blockade. The Ocean Masters might hold a contest (or auction) instead. Or shoppes could be awarded by the Ocean Masters through auctions or contests.

It would of course be up to Three Rings Design to decide whether auctions and contests to win island governorships or shoppes is something they'd really want on the Crimson Ocean. It's a possibility anyway.
[Sep 29, 2010 6:44:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

etieti wrote: 

These would be a couple of ways to eliminate the no shoppes on Crimson problem, provided the Developers believe it is suitable to allow governors to place shoppe building sites.

Governors with the ability to place shoppe building sites don't necessarily have to be awarded via winning a blockade. The Ocean Masters might hold a contest (or auction) instead. Or shoppes could be awarded by the Ocean Masters through auctions or contests.

It would of course be up to Three Rings Design to decide whether auctions and contests to win island governorships or shoppes is something they'd really want on the Crimson Ocean. It's a possibility anyway.

Yeah but crimson only have 3 islands ... they could open some mediums and outposts somewhere to cade (like in middle of lima and DN or in west side of map like harmattan!) and bring some fun on crimson! Because pilly is really getting boring trust me!

What about other points faulk??
Emerald
Cerulean
[Sep 30, 2010 3:43:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

I found Crimson from the sign in screen (and being told by a hearty that it existed).

How does the general public find out about it?

To make it more fun, we need to have a larger population.

I used to run events before and have been a governor on Midnight. I have run training camps, etc. The only issue is with jobbers.

Lately, whenever I log on, there isn't anyone playing. However, the last time I did the player stated their parents will not pay for them to play the game. That means they need to save up poe to just get a pirate badge AND they have to learn how to navigate through the doubloon exchange (which can be a little scary if you don't understand it).
Kimmy

I play a few oceans :)

[Sep 30, 2010 11:07:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

etieti wrote: 

Wasn't this what they did when Midnight first opened Failkston?
Or something similar.. I think I remember seeing in an old thread somewhere.

Ice has the same type of problems we do.
Not enough regular players, peak times and low points that mess with the commode delivery and spawning times.
(And Government dependability.)

I do think that a couple of Outpost islands where say a ship yard could be built..
Or a new building type.. A Real Bazzaar..that held.. x(as a Maximum) number of stalls.. EACH a DIFFERENT TYPE. Enter the Bazzaar Main Door. Instead of selecting personal stalls of one kind.. Select which type ye wanted.. Say and IM , a Shipyard or an Apoth or a Weavery. etc

Deeds could be governor owned and transfer with the island.
Or Stalls deeded separately and sold.. on a first come basis..(or purchased by the governor and resold) or not.. with the possibility of selling it on of ye wanted..
A stall gone dark simply empties the hold , returns escrow to orderers if any left etc and dusts the deed for that owner.. Allowing a new owner to come along and buy that particular stall type again.

Also , different housing.
Perhaps Tenaments..One building..a choice of a layouts.. perhaps, as a choice of sizes.. Small - medium - delux .. along the idea of condominiums today lol. Small no outside.. Medium has a balcony.. and Delux has a small yard area .
Perhaps--Small ..like a cabin.. 2 rooms..
Medium .. a new style say 3 rooms and balcony.. and
delux a larger version of a bungalo..4 rooms and the outdoor space.

Say ......$5,000-$10,000- $15,000
and Dubs 3-------5----------10

Definitely a Trading Post..
Trading in Trinkets and Flowers ..even Zombie hands and Skelly heads
Does not have to be the super special stuff on the main oceans..
Cost in the low to medium range..
Design for furniture, clothing.. mini Om eggs.. things -adapted- from artwork stuff available in main ocean smh that Crimson will never have with the same idea of going to appropriate stall to have it made.
Have a section for high end as in EXPENSIVE stuffs.

Skellies and Zombies:
When they appear.. have an auto message pop up in the ahoy.. with a button to wisk ye to the island.
FOR Everyone with a Yellow name.
This way more pirates will discover that there is actually more than just 3 islands in one arch.

Make a second level training Mission for pillaging where pirates can build the stamina to station.. learn the importance of it. Ie.. lol Like if they do not station or not do the puzzle they get planked and have to try again.
Or some variation.
Learn about not leaving in a battle etc.

And Kimmy..

Trading Posts and Black Markets are both a shoppe type that has to be built by the Governor.
Both also affect the game mechanics of different things on and around the island.
Both have very high tax maintenance rates with no revenue to the Gov fom the actual shoppe.( I dunno if the 000 Govs have a majic up the tax button for it lol.. but hehehe!)

#7 There are some herbs and minerals that cannot be bid on. They have to come from the merchant delivery.

Perhaps, we could have more available from pillaging merchants.. who are on either smaller ships or have less crew to fight. Less poe more rare commodes..etc.

#10 Several people do WB pillages just fine. Whether or not is a good idea.. well lol only they can tell ye. As a jobber.. I was happy with the pay.
Re ship building.. I know that with careful planning an xebec can be made in a stall.. Mine on midnight came from a stall.
Merchant brigs can be built in a stall as well.
A Galleon would be nice for Storage.. but 2 MB.. well what are ye storing.. Stockpilling over long times.. ... hmm affects everyone I am sure.. as I am thinking anount spawning is related to the use of (ie sink balance).

#9.. islands with Pirate's ships on them that get skelly/Zombies also have to have the ship owner on.. and free and willing to hop on their ship and hire in said other pirate whether ot not they want to join.
Another way is to take missions until ye find a ship that has on it's table the map for that island and whisk there.

I would love to see GEMs here.

Ok not enough arches???
Put a market on the capital Island that would purchase them.
Or More Feasible. Since the current arch is so huge and spread out...Set up outposts that buy and sell as if they were the capital Island. Either/or ...or...as well.

BK 'Expeditions' instead of main ocean flotillas..
Done like IO.. Have a board with appropriate size and crewed ships protecting the main ship of the Brigand King or Queen that ye have to sink before ye can fight the King/Queen. Have to manuover in to and grapple them..
Be even more awesome to then board their ship like in the new HS to then fray.

We need more feasible relationship between the target market younger kids..their attention span..typing/spelling ability , affordability>fountain -sink relationship, more realistic dub costs on lower end.. and sloops. homes.. furniture.. clothing.. going for volume sales rather than fewer sales and more dubs.

More Inn Mini Games.. That can be played with bots or tables, that take the 2-5 minute time to play.

I lubs Crimson!
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Sep 30, 2010 4:58:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

etieti wrote: 

Ice has the same type of problems we do.
Not enough regular players, peak times and low points that mess with the commode delivery and spawning times.
(And Government dependability.)

I do think that a couple of Outpost islands where say a ship yard could be built..
Or a new building type.. A Real Bazzaar..that held.. x(as a Maximum) number of stalls.. EACH a DIFFERENT TYPE. Enter the Bazzaar Main Door. Instead of selecting personal stalls of one kind.. Select which type ye wanted.. Say and IM , a Shipyard or an Apoth or a Weavery. etc

Deeds could be governor owned and transfer with the island.
Or Stalls deeded separately and sold.. on a first come basis..(or purchased by the governor and resold) or not.. with the possibility of selling it on of ye wanted..
A stall gone dark simply empties the hold , returns escrow to orderers if any left etc and dusts the deed for that owner.. Allowing a new owner to come along and buy that particular stall type again.

Also , different housing.
Perhaps Tenaments..One building..a choice of a layouts.. perhaps, as a choice of sizes.. Small - medium - delux .. along the idea of condominiums today lol. Small no outside.. Medium has a balcony.. and Delux has a small yard area .
Perhaps--Small ..like a cabin.. 2 rooms..
Medium .. a new style say 3 rooms and balcony.. and
delux a larger version of a bungalo..4 rooms and the outdoor space.

Say ......$5,000-$10,000- $15,000
and Dubs 3-------5----------10

Definitely a Trading Post..
Trading in Trinkets and Flowers ..even Zombie hands and Skelly heads
Does not have to be the super special stuff on the main oceans..
Cost in the low to medium range..
Design for furniture, clothing.. mini Om eggs.. things -adapted- from artwork stuff available in main ocean smh that Crimson will never have with the same idea of going to appropriate stall to have it made.
Have a section for high end as in EXPENSIVE stuffs.

Skellies and Zombies:
When they appear.. have an auto message pop up in the ahoy.. with a button to wisk ye to the island.
FOR Everyone with a Yellow name.
This way more pirates will discover that there is actually more than just 3 islands in one arch.

Make a second level training Mission for pillaging where pirates can build the stamina to station.. learn the importance of it. Ie.. lol Like if they do not station or not do the puzzle they get planked and have to try again.
Or some variation.
Learn about not leaving in a battle etc.

And Kimmy..

Trading Posts and Black Markets are both a shoppe type that has to be built by the Governor.
Both also affect the game mechanics of different things on and around the island.
Both have very high tax maintenance rates with no revenue to the Gov fom the actual shoppe.( I dunno if the 000 Govs have a majic up the tax button for it lol.. but hehehe!)

#7 There are some herbs and minerals that cannot be bid on. They have to come from the merchant delivery.

Perhaps, we could have more available from pillaging merchants.. who are on either smaller ships or have less crew to fight. Less poe more rare commodes..etc.

#10 Several people do WB pillages just fine. Whether or not is a good idea.. well lol only they can tell ye. As a jobber.. I was happy with the pay.
Re ship building.. I know that with careful planning an xebec can be made in a stall.. Mine on midnight came from a stall.
Merchant brigs can be built in a stall as well.
A Galleon would be nice for Storage.. but 2 MB.. well what are ye storing.. Stockpilling over long times.. ... hmm affects everyone I am sure.. as I am thinking anount spawning is related to the use of (ie sink balance).

#9.. islands with Pirate's ships on them that get skelly/Zombies also have to have the ship owner on.. and free and willing to hop on their ship and hire in said other pirate whether ot not they want to join.
Another way is to take missions until ye find a ship that has on it's table the map for that island and whisk there.

I would love to see GEMs here.

Ok not enough arches???
Put a market on the capital Island that would purchase them.
Or More Feasible. Since the current arch is so huge and spread out...Set up outposts that buy and sell as if they were the capital Island. Either/or ...or...as well.

BK 'Expeditions' instead of main ocean flotillas..
Done like IO.. Have a board with appropriate size and crewed ships protecting the main ship of the Brigand King or Queen that ye have to sink before ye can fight the King/Queen. Have to manuover in to and grapple them..
Be even more awesome to then board their ship like in the new HS to then fray.

We need more feasible relationship between the target market younger kids..their attention span..typing/spelling ability , affordability>fountain -sink relationship, more realistic dub costs on lower end.. and sloops. homes.. furniture.. clothing.. going for volume sales rather than fewer sales and more dubs.

More Inn Mini Games.. That can be played with bots or tables, that take the 2-5 minute time to play.

I lubs Crimson!

Make BK non sinky IO type that we can sink like 3 sloops AND TH THEM ..... not normal to not have broad TH in 1 year!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Sep 30, 2010 5:57:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

etieti wrote: 
What about other points faulk??

I've nothing to add at the moment about them. Check back later.

REJBELLS wrote: 

Yes, the initial wave of shoppe auctions was done before blockades were added to the game. Probably has no bearing on Crimson currently not having blockades to control islands.

There were later shoppe auctions for shoppes built on Ringer controlled islands. This might or might not be a pattern for Crimson to follow.
[Sep 30, 2010 7:14:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

That'a actually the problem of this forum section .... every1 speaks and then it goes dormant for 2 weeks :(
Emerald
Cerulean
[Oct 4, 2010 5:52:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shirato

I'd like to see Imperial Outpost charts in the DN area, if the OMs wouldn't mind putting up an Explorer's Hall on Dragon's Nest.
Finnigan Yppedia Profile
Finnigan on Viridian
[Dec 28, 2010 11:07:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates