• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 73
Posts: 73   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10003 times and has 72 replies Next Thread
Pixulayted

Re: Mullins is a whiny little tart, and a liar

Dub subing gives you no special gift boxes, though. D:
[Oct 7, 2010 7:57:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

If you are subscribed when they are released (even it's via a /gift or doub subscribe) I believe it counts. Or at least it has counted for me in the past. I don't think it counts after.
----------------------------------------
Sprngweather & Picory
[Oct 8, 2010 8:26:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

If you are subscribed when they are released (even it's via a /gift or doub subscribe) I believe it counts. Or at least it has counted for me in the past. I don't think it counts after.

It does.
If you can get a feeling for when the special might begin (a couple weeks after a naming contest, for example) and if you have an older account (2 years+), sub the acct before the promo begins for $50 and gift 12 alts 1 month each. You wind up with 12 accts subbed for 1 month + 1 acct subbed for about 5 days = 13 gift boxes for the price of 5.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Oct 8, 2010 9:25:27 AM]
[Oct 8, 2010 9:24:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sammybingo

I have one account. ONE. I could do with making another so I can multiclient and shufty bits of crap around on Midnight, but I've never decided what to name the account, so I've never bothered.

Harr is infinately more creative than me. That hurts.

PS. This thread has derailed too far. So. Mullins is a complete turd. That's what I came in here to read. U GUIZ SUKk
Sammybingo of all oceans but Opal.
I speak for myself, and myself alone. I do not represent any flag or crew. PFFT.
Mightyboosh's fruit protection advice:

I eat the bananas, poo in the skin, and carefully seal it back together again.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by sammybingo at Oct 8, 2010 4:09:20 PM]
[Oct 8, 2010 4:07:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Neonila

Harrjm wrote:

I have 20+ accts ...

Wow. Simply...wow.

Is that all?
I'm feeling a bit self-conscious about my 108 other accts now :(

hehe, well 20+ subbed accts. I dont' keep track of them unsubbed ones. :P

The thing I do not like in this is that it basically spoils what I like about sub oceans. What I thought I liked about them anyway. The guy with the biggest rl wallet had the same opportunities as everyone else on Midnight as opposed to Hunter where he could use 200$ to buy a fleet while I had to spend 3 months puzzling like mad for the same. Can't really stop anyone from doing it but I hate if a blockade's outcome is influenced because one side can't afford to use 1/3 of their months salary to get 20 alts subbed.
Alniyat,
Booching Blaggards -> http://dirac.dynalias.com/bb/

If the Fish Rumour Mongers had their way, we'd be dropping on everything.
I dropped a plate the other day. Does that count?
-- Missiep --

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Neonila at Oct 24, 2010 11:13:02 AM]
[Oct 24, 2010 11:06:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://neonila.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

You could sub 20 accts for $2-3 for just one week = $40-$60. That's not that much.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Oct 24, 2010 12:34:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

Or just have a plan ahead of time to have someone stand by if you know there will be alt ships and sink them. Since they cant really go farther than the moves given (2 right, 2 left, 5 straight).

You know, adapt to what you have thrown at you and all that. Which leads to the new blockade role, Anti-harrjm task force(hes no the only one who uses alts, hes just hillarious at it).
Lesgreg
[Oct 24, 2010 2:51:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Which leads to the new blockade role, Anti-harrjm task force(hes no the only one who uses alts, hes just hillarious at it).

Oh oh oh. I want that role. Then I can play with myself. I'm AWESOME at that.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Oct 24, 2010 2:55:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

Yes harrjm you can have that role. We all want to see you play with your junk.

Have we beaten that joke to death yet?
Lesgreg
[Oct 24, 2010 3:05:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

No, junk jokes are too hard to not enjoy over and over again.

Even though I don't care much about Harrjm's alts, I really wish people would stop acting like it's easy to combat effectively. It is able to be countered, but, there is a huge advantage gained no matter what you do. It took me about 4-5 turns to sink his WF? in a solo WF with preloaded cannons. That's 4-5 turns minimum of free points, and at least 1 wasted jobber. Really though, it could take many more turns than that, since it takes time to realize he brought it in, see where he's going, then get to where he's going, load cannons (that can be saved by pre-loading), then sink him. Plus, it's about 1500 PoE worth of shot being used on 1 jobber.
Sprngweather & Picory
[Oct 24, 2010 6:38:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

No, junk jokes are too hard to not enjoy over and over again.

But they have been beaten to death. So to speak.

Even though I don't care much about Harrjm's alts, I really wish people would stop acting like it's easy to combat effectively. [...].

Frankly, the real problem here is that OOO isn't advertising or doing what is needed to recruit/retain a sufficient player base. Fill the oceans with people and Harrjm will be too busy driving a real ship, filled with real jobbers, to dink around with alt ships. So there's the real, deep-down, core solution. Plus it would go a long way towards solving a lot of other problems Midnight is facing, too.
[Oct 24, 2010 6:46:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

But they have been beaten to death. So to speak.

You sir, have just won this thread.
Lesgreg
[Oct 24, 2010 8:34:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhapzodi

ROFLMFAO!!!!!! at Lesgreg and Harrjm's recent posts....

/e wipes tears of laughter out of her eyes and goes back to see what this thread was all about to start with.....
Rhapzody says, "Would someone tell me again WHY we call them EX's?"
Jthebear says, "X, what you put on the map so you can tell the police where the body is as part of your plea agreement......"
[Oct 25, 2010 4:30:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 73   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates