• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4978 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
Trixylicks

Re: Cos we wanna! (Intent for Byrne)

I agree with xo's giving incentives for jobbers.

For instance if you take sweetiepiepi, she is a great naver and does attract good puzzling pirates because of this. However most ships I have been on with sweetie, carpers have recieved an extra 200 per segment for achiving good +, and often find on her ships even when damage is high, she is able to keep afloat.

Also, most ppl like to show of a little and like hitting those top spots etc incentives like announcing top ppl on reports and paying them extra, makes ppl work harder.

These and my other suggestions, makes the difference between an average xo and a great xo. I think a great XO can often be under appreciated.
[Sep 28, 2010 7:09:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luvessy

McC wrote: 
(Also, you owe us kitten pictures.)

Technically, Leif owes you kitten pictures...
All the ones I took include the Man Himself, so I'll need to see about getting others and/or permission.
----------------------------------------
--Mistymate

(Avatar by Sancha.)
[Sep 28, 2010 9:15:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

I agree with xo's giving incentives for jobbers.

For instance if you take sweetiepiepi, she is a great naver and does attract good puzzling pirates because of this. However most ships I have been on with sweetie, carpers have recieved an extra 200 per segment for achiving good +, and often find on her ships even when damage is high, she is able to keep afloat.

Also, most ppl like to show of a little and like hitting those top spots etc incentives like announcing top ppl on reports and paying them extra, makes ppl work harder.

These and my other suggestions, makes the difference between an average xo and a great xo. I think a great XO can often be under appreciated.

Ok, but this means that you have to have foreknowledge that this is what XO's may offer. How does that solve the problem of attracting the casual players in the first place? Sure, that's one way to keep them for a bit longer, but if you can't even get them on the boat at all? Then what?
----------------------------------------
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Sep 28, 2010 6:03:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates