• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 32
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5078 times and has 31 replies Next Thread
etieti

Crimson More Active (CMA)

If we all do something for crimson .... crimson going to be more active ... just say suggestions and i'M sure we can do anything as a group of leaders !

CMA is a group with people wanting to get crimson better and bring some ideas and suggestions to make it better day after day!

Anybody wants to join can join and just suggest some ideas ... I will update mines when the page gonna be full! (Nearly!)

CMA is open and it can be by any flag, any crew, any independant pirate .... we just need people wanting crimson better and evrything gonna be fun after!
----------------------------------------
Emerlaus/XOEmerlaus on Sage

Currently Naving everything on Sage!
Pwning BK's every single day!
[Sep 13, 2010 12:05:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lord_oll

Re: Crimson More Active (CMA)

I'm in ---> Sloop Race
Crimson Sloop Races!

Okaw on Hunter and Crimson
Darkollie on Cobalt
Okaw or Darkollie on the other oceans when I occasionally visit.
[Sep 14, 2010 9:51:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

ME : Uncle Apollo !

I don't know if it has been mentionned before .. but ... :

Does crimson would have a way like JADE to get event cades that OM give CB's for every point flags does .... or make TH spots in event cades like JADE too ...

I know we cannot have rum on crimson but we can still have something to win in those event cades!

That would make event cades more popular ... more competitive ... MORE FUN!

Thank you for your answer!

Apollo :
TH spots generally only happen in sinking blockades, as otherwise it's free PoE with no risk. That's not a rule that's cast in stone, but that's the normal pattern unless it's a particular (and pre-announced) event.
I try to keep a few event blockades going on Crimson, and I'll have a chat with Artemis about what additional elements we could add.

That's one way of asking for more fun!

[Sep 14, 2010 10:00:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

Although I rarely play on Crimson due to the lack of people, I do notice a distinct drop of the number of players on during the school time months. This, I believe, is due to younger players having to do homework, etc. before being allowed to play games.

However, fun events do seem like a great idea so I will be willing to do what I can to help out. I have been playing YPP for awhile and will be willing to do what I can to help out.

Please PM me or find me on my alts, mainly I go on Midnight but I have been known to wander about aimlessly for hours on end.
Kimmy

I play a few oceans :)

[Sep 15, 2010 3:44:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

First of all we need OM's to do a kinda release with new things ... we are losing crimson players day after day!

[Sep 27, 2010 7:38:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

If we all do something for crimson .... crimson going to be more active ... just say suggestions and i'M sure we can do anything as a group of leaders

Psssst! I offered to run pillages and such, but your crew refuses to promote me past pirate. And, I'm not about stand around and puzzle in the navy all day waiting for an officer to log on to do something (hence, I don't really log on). I'd PM this to you or other SOs+ in Dark Guardians, but, I wonder if other experienced players are in my shoes. If you or anyone wants Crimson to be more active, there needs to be something to attract new players such as an occasional pillage on the notice board (because, there has been absolutely nothing to do every time I have logged in), and a way for experienced players to actually help. I've tried for about 6 months to play this ocean and I'm about ready to give up.

Edit to add: If I was an actual new and young player in this game, I would have given up after 1 day of no pillages or anything.
Sprngweather & Picory
[Edit 1 times, last edit by sprngweather at Sep 29, 2010 11:34:17 AM]
[Sep 29, 2010 11:33:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

I saw ye one time online in same time as me.... we run pillies every single dy in DG ( dark guardians) i will be here tonight from 2 pm to 7 pm and i will promote ye!

Sorry ...didnt had any idea ... like i said only saw ye one time :(

Glad to have people here ... but weather ... we are working to have more than only basics pilly on the other thread! We want a release unique to crimson!

[Sep 29, 2010 11:40:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

Sprng has a point. With so little on the board, why should new players stay? I have work and school, so I am only available for weekends AND I'm crewless. Then again, I don't want to be an officer just because of the price for the badge (some adults are poor too).

I hate to keep bringing up the money thing, but does anyone else agree with me on this?
Kimmy

[Sep 30, 2010 11:11:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Sprng has a point. With so little on the board, why should new players stay? I have work and school, so I am only available for weekends AND I'm crewless. Then again, I don't want to be an officer just because of the price for the badge (some adults are poor too).

I hate to keep bringing up the money thing, but does anyone else agree with me on this?

At this date , i'M the most active CRIMSON PLAYER from an awesome advance ... playing approx 55 hours a week! I still got school 40 hours a week and sleeping 56 hours a week ... but i'M still on crimson more than every1!

Lesson is that ... people have time to go on crimson ... but they are not taking time to do it!

Crimson is profitable! Trust me! If ye work for it!

[Sep 30, 2010 11:14:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Release needed on CRIMSON and ONE DAY I hope PP STAFF gonna WAKE UP and do something ....

We havent had anything in 1 year of waiting and existance!

[Sep 30, 2010 11:15:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

This release gonna wake everything up I hope!

[Sep 30, 2010 11:15:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Winklecat

This is addressed partly to Sprnng's post above, and partly to the more general dilemma the post identifies.
I'm the captain of Dark Guardians. I tend not to promote pirates to officer until they have some demonstrated ability with ship puzzles on Crimson, or convince me that they are an experienced pirate from another ocean. I have a few times given into the pleas of inexperienced pirates to make them an officer sooner. They buy a sloop and head out, with no idea what to do. Lord help them if they have jobbers.
Everyone has a bad experience. Then they quit in disgust.
I did the bnav with the navy mission on Sage a lot before I risked my own boat and stock. No one seems to want to do this on Crimson.
We are certainly trying to run more pillages as that is the best way to assess a pirates readiness.
However, as Antolivi pointed out, none of us can be on all the time. Jobs, school, kids, real life in general prevent that.
Talk to me or an SO in game, or find me on Sage. I am committed to doing what is reasonably possible for a mere player to do to make Crimson as fun for everyone as it is for me.
Winklecat, captain of Dark Guardians on Crimson
(sent from my iPhone so excuse typos and awkward wording)
SO of The Bootleggers on Sage
Winklecat
SO of The Bootleggers on Emerald
Royal and occasional monarch of The End
[Sep 30, 2010 11:57:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

This is addressed partly to Sprnng's post above, and partly to the more general dilemma the post identifies.
I'm the captain of Dark Guardians. I tend not to promote pirates to officer until they have some demonstrated ability with ship puzzles on Crimson, or convince me that they are an experienced pirate from another ocean. I have a few times given into the pleas of inexperienced pirates to make them an officer sooner. They buy a sloop and head out, with no idea what to do. Lord help them if they have jobbers.
Everyone has a bad experience. Then they quit in disgust.
I did the bnav with the navy mission on Sage a lot before I risked my own boat and stock. No one seems to want to do this on Crimson.
We are certainly trying to run more pillages as that is the best way to assess a pirates readiness.
However, as Antolivi pointed out, none of us can be on all the time. Jobs, school, kids, real life in general prevent that.
Talk to me or an SO in game, or find me on Sage. I am committed to doing what is reasonably possible for a mere player to do to make Crimson as fun for everyone as it is for me.
Winklecat, captain of Dark Guardians on Crimson
(sent from my iPhone so excuse typos and awkward wording)
SO of The Bootleggers on Sage

I'm here in like 2 hours to speak .... WINK GO BACK TO WORK AS YE SAY IT HERE!

[Sep 30, 2010 12:03:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Fallsovergigglingwith tears streaming...

Can't believe ye did not promote Springweather.. and right up to SO too.. Not that it means anything on Crimson.

Spring is one of THE most incredible, long, long time, regularly & consistantly playing , very well known, as well as Awesome person , pirates ye will meet on the game.

She plays on Midnight, mostly, so I am not surprised you did not know her..
And yes ye right to be cautious.. We do get some very good liars, truth stretchers and naughty socks.
More than once I have watched as a newly appointed Fleet tries to 'borrow' a bit of stock or sell off a few fruit..then start complaining and whinning blasting the 000 game designers..ye know the drill...
..Never show up again...

And these are not the Kids either.. These have been people of all ages from crews that find this acceptable on other oceans. (Or who just have never been discovered)

Crimson is an awesome ocean.

The biggest challenge is the unaffordability of acquiring what one needs to progress in the game in a time span suitable for a child.

Spring.. It's not just running a pillage that is needed.
It's taking the time to spend YOUR time playing with kids.
Doing what They want.
Not getting annoyed or upset when they flit from one thing to another. Log on and off 10 times an hour. Keep inviting ye to their shack.. then are gone somewhere else when ye get there.

It's showing them how to do stuff and not get upset when they ignore what ye say. Or are too young to actually understand.. Or can not type or spell perfectly so get upset and loose interest trying. Or .. like me.. cannot type perfectly fast enough to hold their interest .. They think I am ignoring them.

Even if skellies and zombies were always only 4 or five and always announced in the ahoy tab with a wisk button to get to them.. that would open up the game to so many more of the younger ones who have no idea how to get out of the arch..get islands not on the ferry.. What ye mean there is more than just Lima, Sakejima and Dragon's Nest? ..Another Arch?? What's that?

Anyway. We have ideas that have been stated and discussed here before.
And been told not too too. lol

We are still here.. Still Hoping.. Still waiting..

Grins.. Hope Spring and Wink got together...
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Sep 30, 2010 2:56:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Fallsovergigglingwith tears streaming...

Can't believe ye did not promote Springweather.. and right up to SO too.. Not that it means anything on Crimson.

Spring is one of THE most incredible, long, long time, regularly & consistantly playing , very well known, as well as Awesome person , pirates ye will meet on the game.

She plays on Midnight, mostly, so I am not surprised you did not know her..
And yes ye right to be cautious.. We do get some very good liars, truth stretchers and naughty socks.
More than once I have watched as a newly appointed Fleet tries to 'borrow' a bit of stock or sell off a few fruit..then start complaining and whinning blasting the 000 game designers..ye know the drill...
..Never show up again...

And these are not the Kids either.. These have been people of all ages from crews that find this acceptable on other oceans. (Or who just have never been discovered)

Crimson is an awesome ocean.

The biggest challenge is the unaffordability of acquiring what one needs to progress in the game in a time span suitable for a child.

Spring.. It's not just running a pillage that is needed.
It's taking the time to spend YOUR time playing with kids.
Doing what They want.
Not getting annoyed or upset when they flit from one thing to another. Log on and off 10 times an hour. Keep inviting ye to their shack.. then are gone somewhere else when ye get there.

It's showing them how to do stuff and not get upset when they ignore what ye say. Or are too young to actually understand.. Or can not type or spell perfectly so get upset and loose interest trying. Or .. like me.. cannot type perfectly fast enough to hold their interest .. They think I am ignoring them.

Even if skellies and zombies were always only 4 or five and always announced in the ahoy tab with a wisk button to get to them.. that would open up the game to so many more of the younger ones who have no idea how to get out of the arch..get islands not on the ferry.. What ye mean there is more than just Lima, Sakejima and Dragon's Nest? ..Another Arch?? What's that?

Anyway. We have ideas that have been stated and discussed here before.
And been told not too too. lol

We are still here.. Still Hoping.. Still waiting..

Grins.. Hope Spring and Wink got together.. .

OK WHAT ABOUT ME AND YOU ( YOU REALLY NEED TO COME BACK!)

[Sep 30, 2010 3:03:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

Okay, think there was a misunderstanding with the purpose behind my post. I wasn't begging to be promoted or shocked that I wasn't (after all, no one knows me) I was trying to bring up two points:

1) As a very experienced player (almost 6 years of virtually daily play) I found it impossible in SIX months of trying to find a pillage. No new players would stay with nothing to do other than puzzle with the navy alone (there are much better single player games than Y!PP).

2) A fix to problem #1 would be to encourage experienced players from other oceans to lead pillages here (to give the kiddies something to do). However, with the high costs of creating a crew (ship, captain's badge, and crew creation cost), joining a crew is really the only option. However, as I demonstrated, I was unable to do this with substantial effort. And not to sound egotistical, but, if I can't do it, most other bnavvers probably wouldn't be able to either. The only ones who would join are the ones who's regular play time coincides with the once / week pillages that are already happening (which is kind of pointless).
Sprngweather & Picory
[Sep 30, 2010 4:04:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

Okay, think there was a misunderstanding with the purpose behind my post. I wasn't begging to be promoted or shocked that I wasn't (after all, no one knows me) I was trying to bring up two points:

1) As a very experienced player (almost 6 years of virtually daily play) I found it impossible in SIX months of trying to find a pillage. No new players would stay with nothing to do other than puzzle with the navy alone (there are much better single player games than Y!PP).

2) A fix to problem #1 would be to encourage experienced players from other oceans to lead pillages here (to give the kiddies something to do). However, with the high costs of creating a crew (ship, captain's badge, and crew creation cost), joining a crew is really the only option. However, as I demonstrated, I was unable to do this with substantial effort. And not to sound egotistical, but, if I can't do it, most other bnavvers probably wouldn't be able to either. The only ones who would join are the ones who's regular play time coincides with the once / week pillages that are already happening (which is kind of pointless).

Getting more people to play is key, and the pillages are it. I have suggested making it free for play but I doubt that would happen (but it just makes so much sense for it to!!!)

When are these pillages going on? Whenever I log onto the ocean there is like 6 or 7 people on usually.

had to edit to add this....
Although something needs to happen we are limited to the releases we have. Instead of jumping up and down screaming we need releases we should be thinking of ways to solve the problems that exist.

Like I mentioned before, the developers are most likely not going to do too much to augment the game for just one ocean. It's too much work and with such little population it is almost like, why should they? It would make more sense for them to make the larger populations happier.
Kimmy

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kimbers108 at Sep 30, 2010 4:13:11 PM]
[Sep 30, 2010 4:09:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Spring I am sorry If Ye got the wrong impression from my post.

I know ye were not .. begging.. anything..nor blowing ye own horn..
I am blowing the horm cause I know ye are an awesomest Pirate.. Knowledge, Experience, Dedication, Trustworthyness, Skills.

Perhaps we have grown a bit overly cautious here.. as per my example..
For this to happen to ye.. ..Of all people.. just struck me as.. well.. Like asking Queen Elizabeth to wait in line for her coronation.

And
It seems that the experienced pirates who come over from other oceans look for pillaging.
Pillaging, to a child, is too long, too much concentration and too grinding.

Yes it is the very basis the game was built around. By Adults for older teens and adults.
Taking the adult version and omitting stuff is not what is appealing to kids under 13.

The Evidence? Kids come try it out never come back.
They don't get it. It's boring. Not enough for them to do.
They are not used to having to interact..have been warned at school, at home, in the media.. not to talk to strangers.
They are not perfect spellers let alone fast typists.
They think they are ignored when not answered immediatley... but don't think twice of not answering ye..
They want quick action.. Attainable goals.
The ability to move around and discover and do > many < things.
5 to 20 minutes at a time.

The parents think it's like neopets.. etc.. that hauling them away is not affecting anyone else.
They are not playing 'with' their family members.
We are not seeing the Families who were here with kids and grandkids, nieces and nephews staying here with the kids.
Many went back.. with the kids.. to the main oceans. Or just continued to play there with them.

They need help but don't want it.
It takes to long to create the wealth they need to create the possibility to actually play the game.

It's not an impossible task here.
I listed a bunch of stuff in the other thread too.

It's about.. as I said above spending your time Playing with them.
It may be hide and seek.
It may be 10 games of td.
or joining every tournament so they can play too.. And ye Not playing to win them all.

It's about being their family.

More people is lovely.
What about keeping the people who actually get here.
How doe we open up our world to them..
Not by sticking them on a ship on station they can't even read the instructions for lol, for hours on end ..lol

How do we balance out the dub costs on the exchange so the casual child player .. even with the dub club ...IF they have a relative who will cough up the poe for it. and the 5 other games they play..

Etc ETC etc..

Sorry for the rant.
Stops now
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Sep 30, 2010 6:30:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lord_oll

For the record, Spring is promoted to officer now, by me :) but needs to see winkle for anything higher
Crimson Sloop Races!

Darkollie on Cobalt
[Sep 30, 2010 11:14:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

She is FO by me and wink wanted to do it .... too late apologize!

[Oct 1, 2010 3:46:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lord_oll

Errm yeah, but I promoted spring first :P
Crimson Sloop Races!

Darkollie on Cobalt
[Oct 1, 2010 9:46:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

The way it seems .... w/o something new .. kids are leaving ... but no one doing anything else than pillys .... i rarely see successful IO's because we are never more than 10 on evenings :(

We need OM's to do more events and maybe think about a release too!

[Oct 4, 2010 5:53:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

I logged on few times this weekend. At one point I was the only pirate on, at any other point there was fewer than 5, and of course there were no pillages going on.

Seriously, make it free. More people from Cobalt and Midnight might be willing to hop over to help out then. Generally subbers aren't going to hop to a dub ocean for nothing.
Kimmy

[Oct 4, 2010 4:25:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ChaosShadou

Seriously, make it free. More people from Cobalt and Midnight might be willing to hop over to help out then. Generally subbers aren't going to hop to a dub ocean for nothing.

Isn't Crimson a dubloon ocean? Meaning, Crim is free techinally?
"Milk. It keeps you safe from all satanic troll attacks."
Asterea on Sage
[Oct 4, 2010 5:07:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

Isn't Crimson a dubloon ocean? Meaning, Crim is free techinally?

Yes, Crimson is a dubloon ocean. And yeah, it is free technically, however what I am referring to is allowing people to be officers and what not. To do so, they need dubs, right? However, subscriber NEVER have to purchase dubs, there isn't even a dub market on their oceans. So to play on Crimson and to be an officer to be helpful they need to pay for the badges and then for the delivery fee for the boat and then for swords....it goes on right? It needs to be free overall the costs are high.

It's the same thing we are asking kids to do. Save your money (PoE), save a whole lot too. Because to be able to get that boat you need to become an officer (8 dubs), save for the boat 15-20k right? (20 dubs) That is 28 dubs which they could use their credit cards to buy, right? Oh, yeah, that's right...kids don't generally have credit cards unless their parents are loaded. So option 2 is save. So say it is about 2k per dub. 16k to be an officer, 15k to order the sloop, and 40k to deliver it which is a total of 71k. That is alot of saving when there are no pillages going on.

Seriously, make it the only free to play ocean. It will get crowded! It might work backwards: where people hear of the free game and then hear about the paying one.
Kimmy

[Oct 5, 2010 3:02:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flameturtle

It makes me feel good inside that someone is trying to do something about Crimson.

But I was there when it started. It just can't be done. Even with about 70 People online at the beginning, It was only myself and a few other experienced pirates that could afford to buy a ship.

There is basically nothing for them there. I think the Devs & OM's really need to think of something huge to attract people to crimson. Otherwise the only experienced players around get bored and the litt'un's leave.

Crimson died a week after it was born. Without substantial support, I highly expect OOO to declare it Non-viable as a business prospect and turn the server to more productive use.
Flameturtle, Bish.
Senior Officer of the Crew: Vince Omnia
King of the Flag: Honour to the Vanquished

[Oct 5, 2010 3:19:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

For me, the big problem with Crimson was "All ships are perma-lock".

If the only possible way to sail a ship on Crimson is to sink / dedicate 28 doubloons PLUS enough jobbing for the poe cost, or about 33 doubloons without jobbing, plus then find a crew willing to make me officer, well,

* Frankly, the biggest draw of the game is the social/chat aspect. The crew aspect. The flag.

On Crimson, the issue isn't the chat filter.
The issue is ... there's no real crew aspect. What matters is your own personal fleet. You cannot do anything with crew stuff.

Why am I in a crew then? Well, there's the "save the C badge and crew creation fee". But it becomes the only reason to be in someone else's crew.

The low player volume is a chicken-and-egg issue. I cannot run a solo pillage, really (it's easier now than before, but not much) (it's much easier on Ice, btw). If I'm dependent on both spending dubs and needing other people to gain the benefit of it?

The lack of volume means that there's no reason to start up a ball monger.
The lack of "Ship's everywhere" means that there's no benefit to the game's social structure.

And so, I find myself asking one simple question: Why?

Crimson really needs a different structure. I've mentioned this before:

- Badges should be 10 or 15 days, and reduced in price accordingly.
- Wrapped pirate badges should be 2 or 3 for one dub, depending on length. (So O's can give them out to good / well behaved cabin people).
- With less value per ship, the cost of ships should go down
- Etc.

If I were in charge (I'm not), and if my understanding of the finances is accurate (highly doubtful; I don't have access to any of the numbers), I'd drop all dub prices on Crimson for the next 6 months as a "Relaunching special". I mean the whole "Crimson is hampered by the lack of players" issue is best addressed (I think) by discounted prices to increase population.

===
As I understand it, the idea was never that young players would be expected to be let loose to play alone; the idea was the parents and children would play together. If that's the case, then parents are, in some sense, responsible for providing the play experience for the children -- providing the ships, running the pillage, etc.

If the idea is that young players play by themselves, then things change. Yes, the whole "Don't talk to strangers" that children learn. Yes, the whole "What can I do solo?". YPP really isn't designed for solo -- all you have is the navy. Young players aren't expected to run a pillage, so having a reason for others to come here and run pillages is critical. And then you have the whole "Talking with strangers" issue.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

The political and economic blog of a strict constitutionalist
http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.com/

[quote]Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily availabl
[Oct 14, 2010 9:47:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Winklecat

For me, the big problem with Crimson was "All ships are perma-lock".

If the only possible way to sail a ship on Crimson is to sink / dedicate 28 doubloons PLUS enough jobbing for the poe cost, or about 33 doubloons without jobbing, plus then find a crew willing to make me officer, well,

* Frankly, the biggest draw of the game is the social/chat aspect. The crew aspect. The flag.

On Crimson, the issue isn't the chat filter.
The issue is ... there's no real crew aspect. What matters is your own personal fleet. You cannot do anything with crew stuff.

Why am I in a crew then? Well, there's the "save the C badge and crew creation fee". But it becomes the only reason to be in someone else's crew.

===
As I understand it, the idea was never that young players would be expected to be let loose to play alone; the idea was the parents and children would play together. If that's the case, then parents are, in some sense, responsible for providing the play experience for the children -- providing the ships, running the pillage, etc.

If the idea is that young players play by themselves, then things change. Yes, the whole "Don't talk to strangers" that children learn. Yes, the whole "What can I do solo?". YPP really isn't designed for solo -- all you have is the navy. Young players aren't expected to run a pillage, so having a reason for others to come here and run pillages is critical. And then you have the whole "Talking with strangers" issue.

I agree with you completely about the effect of ships being locked. While I understand the rationale behind that decision, it has had too many (unintended) negative consequences for the ocean. Enabling captains to unlock ships, if that were possible, would help a huge amount.

Our crew tries hard to build that sense of community both within the crew and flag (blatant plug for forum event, Suggest a Song! here!) but also generally within Crimson.

When an adult who plays on another ocean comes to Crimson to help a younger player, they are met with a bunch of roadblocks that make Crimson seem like work, instead of fun.

It is possible to get beyond those roadblocks, and have lots of fun, but it takes some perseverance, and shortcuts that work on other oceans don't work on Crimson. So even adults who know their way around other oceans get frustrated and leave.

It doesn't help that fun releases like the Haunted Seas or the Trading Post never make it to Crimson. We are grateful for those that do, like an Expedition Hall and a Crew Hall. And they have done a great deal to improve merchant runs and commodity spawn rates. I still can't get any sassafrass at Lima, though. The changes to the auto tourneys have also been good.

If they could find some way to deal with the inability to open ships for crew use, I suspect a lot of other things would get easier.

Winklecat, Captain of Dark Guardians on Crimson, SO of The Bootleggers on Sage
Winklecat
SO of The Bootleggers on Emerald
Royal and occasional monarch of The End
[Oct 15, 2010 6:05:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ladybuge

--- You should show me how profitable Crimson is, there's hardly any player's to even run a stall with labor help. Dubloon's are too high for a player to even purchase, when they ask to if they can take a job at my stall im like sure, and then they go to get some dubs and BAM 3,500/per dub, so what i do is bring dubs from another ocean and sell to them : ) making 20 PoE profit off each one @ 2,000/each.

--- I hold three rings accountable, If i lose any of my ships. I have to trade people(Members) the deed to my ships so they can pillage to make enough to have there own ships, which is really sad.

--- Foraging isn't great anymore, Island's have too many things' overloaded and then were ''WAITING'' to sell and we could wait max: 3 MONTHS, to sell our stuff. Stuff= Mango's,Durains,Pineapples..etc.

--- Badge's are alright, i do think we should get a discount on them tho, for subbing and paying 4.95/month. Labor=4 Pla=3 Officer badge=5 dubs SO=8 Captain=16.

--- Too any OM's, Game Dev's, or anyone, I don't know if your paying attention to anything but, has anyone seen a bit of Socialism here?** Now before people go crazy read what i have to say!** Ship's are locked, we can't post much in our stall's news, we can't say certian word's they **TOLD ME** to use a different one... I'm surprised, we dont have to ask to open a stall, or run a ship at this point. There are some 11 year old's and younger that i pillage with and they even said this chat is really odd. Like i cant tell them how to get help from the YPPedia, it goes red, even the website.. Im like i can't help you sorry theres no way. I can tell u to go YYpedia and then you tell me i can't find it, whats website? and i feel angry and traded when i can't help someone in need because of this DUMB filter!!!

Threerings!! You need to fix this! This is why the ocean is a GHOST TOWN!

~ Seek on Crimson.
~Seeking for new ideas on Crimson!
~Økamix~ Sage Ocean

Magoros is not weak
Magoros will kick your butt
Okamix says, "I have fez power"
Magoros says, "stupid fez"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ladybuge at Oct 16, 2010 12:50:17 PM]
[Oct 16, 2010 12:44:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

This is why I suggested that Crimson be it's own special case. Crimson is already set up differently than the other oceans because of what they were trying to do. Now go one step further and make it free

FREE

More people will play.

FREE

Then, when they are older they can explore the other oceans and pay.
Kimmy

[Oct 16, 2010 10:42:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates