• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 20
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3667 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
Jsweetie24

Midnight's Choice - Park Defense

When news spread that Park was dropped on many people felt like this.

So if you want Park to look like this then job for Pandora's Box.

Or if you want Park to look like THIS then job for Fallen.

Where: Park Island
When: Jobbing starts @ 10am game time, blockade kicks off @ 11am game time.
Pay: 400 per segment to start
Sinking: Eeny, meeny, miny, maybe! ;)
Jobbing Contact: Sabreena

(When you have no drawing talent then there are always google images to fall back on! :) )
----------------------------------------
Jsweetie of Midnight Cerulean

[Sep 12, 2010 1:26:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Springheel

Re: Midnight's Choice - Park Defense

i dont want the amusement parks to go away :[
blah blah blah
[Sep 12, 2010 4:45:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Fallen Announces Plans For Park Island
Leader announces that he was inspired by visit to Korea

3 Leagues off Park Island - Fallen today announced its intention to implement what it calls "The Peoples Plan" if it takes control of Park Island.

"We traveled the world in search of insperation, and we were simply were inspired by what we found in Pyongyang" Fallen's Monarch Tzz explained today.

Mangyongdae Fun Fair, Pyongyang, North Korea

"I found the place really inspiring. To think that you can run a Park without caring for it, and to let it run itself is simply an awesome idea. When your riding a rollercoaster, you don't want to feel safe, you want to feel scared. And the rollercoaster we saw was perfect for our vision. If you forget a few bolts here and there, the rattles of bits falling off just adds to the experience."

"We have decided that our plan is to just let it be, and watch it rust over. We figure that it will run itself. Nothing can possibly go wrong with our plan."

When asked about its research into what makes a good park, Tzz explained that "Well, we explored a number of venues that met our standards. It was a touch Choice because there were so many places in Korea that matched our vision".

Change of Plan

Future vision for rides on Park - image courtesy FallenForPark.com

Tzz had previously stated that they did not have any plans for Park, having previously stated that its plans were "not much really. 0% taxes, no new buildings. stock at the palace".

When questioned if this was a change of plan, Tzz argued that there was no change of position.

"How is this any different to anything we have previously announced? We don't need to spend anything on it. We are not going to build any new rides. And we promise to make sure there is exactly 10 barrels of swill available at the palace at all times."

When asked for a comment on whether or not a plan to "leave it as is" will bring in more greenies, Tzz suggested that "Well, we are going to put in a water slide... Don't cost anything to put in."

Safety Concerns

Artist impression of new ride - image courtesy FallenForPark.com

When asked if he had concerns about the safety of such a development plan, Tzz simply laughed.

"Well, sure we prefer that nobody will hurt themselves, but thats the risk they take. We are going to put a sign on the notice board advising that people enter at their own risk. But, really, if somebody loses a hand or a leg or an eye on Park, well, who doesn't want a peg leg, a hook or an eye patch."

After several questions on the issue, Tzz suddenly snapped at the media

"What do we care if a few greenies fall off? We don't care if they become splattered pixels on the dock. They have to read the sign. And if the rides all break down and stop working, how can anybody hurt themselves on a ride thats not going?. Besides, nobody was hurt in the making of our promotional videos."

Pandora's Box response

Pirates having fun taking Shore Leave on a ride built by Pandora's Box

We attempted to contact several Pandora's Box officials for comment. Monarch Maxtrie explained that she was unavalible for comment, explaining that she busy ensuring the defense fleet was fully prepared, but explained that "We would love everyone to job with us. Yellows and Greenies alike are welcome to get in touch with our jobbing contact Sabreena"

The Park Palace also advised that Governor Jsweetie was unavailable for comment because she was busy maintaining the Island and ensuring it was being smoothly run and a great experience for Captains and Cabin Persons alike.

We did however find a Flag Representative handing out free shot and fine rum as souvenirs on the Dock. "Aye, we are looking forward to the boomy!" TheRack said.
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Sep 12, 2010 7:29:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

I actually found the above post to be pretty hilarious, due to the fact that the current owners of Park haven't done anything to make the island or ocean fun. No ocean-wide events and no blockades makes Harrjm a sad panda. Maybe shoppe owners can weigh in if the palace kept basic commodities in stock, or give some feedback as to what Pandora's Box has done for your island lately.

So after 2 years of watching your "Park" rust, you are trying to say Fallen will continue your island management technique....

We attempted to contact several Pandora's Box officials for comment.

Yes, attempted is probably the best word. Up until the drop most of Pandora's Box could be found in the palace napping.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Edit 1 times, last edit by harrjm at Sep 12, 2010 8:13:16 AM]
[Sep 12, 2010 8:05:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

What if I want it to look like this?

[Edit 1 times, last edit by IantheKorean at Sep 12, 2010 10:03:29 AM]
[Sep 12, 2010 10:03:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Fallen makes the drop and runs left towards Park. Oh no, Fallen gets blocked by work and computer difficulties. Have no fear, Bipolar takes the pitch and runs for the endzone. Yarrr

Thanks to all the mates that came out and helped Bipolar in the impromptu blockade. Great job Pandora's Box in your defense. Smack Tzz next time he logs in.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Sep 12, 2010 1:22:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

Imagine my surprise when I logged in and discovered that my flag was blockading Park instead of Fallen. Apparently, Fallen was unable to make it, due to technical difficulties, etc. and Harrjm didn't want Pandora's Box to go through all that prep work without having someone to shoot at. So, with 30 minutes until go time, Harrjm threw together what he could.

I'd like to publically thank him for going to the effort so that we could all have some play time. And, I especially hope everyone had a good time! Thanks to everyone who came out to play, no matter which flag you jobbed for! It's been a long time since anyone has shown Park Island some blockade love, but now that's been rectified. :D

Good game mates, I hope ye all had a blast. Literally.
[Sep 12, 2010 1:28:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
brendbee

Thank you to all the jobbers. We couldn't have done it without you.

Also thanks to Bipolar for making sure we had something to shoot at and making it fun overall.

Maxtrie
Captain of The Myrmidons
Monarch of Pandora's Box
[Sep 12, 2010 1:30:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jsweetie24

Taxes have been set to 0% for at least the next two weeks.
Jsweetie of Midnight Cerulean

[Sep 12, 2010 3:03:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

Fallen makes the drop and runs left towards Park. Oh no, Fallen gets blocked by work and computer difficulties. Have no fear, Bipolar takes the pitch and runs for the endzone. Yarrr

Thanks to all the mates that came out and helped Bipolar in the impromptu blockade. Great job Pandora's Box in your defense. Smack Tzz next time he logs in.

Pfft we all know that Cornflaxes got Fallen to drop on Park so Chaparral wouldnt get blockade. Its not like we had blockade crew defense intent and all ready no no.. But to make it clear we are ready and have been for a while so Lawgirl and the mates of Everybody we look forward to the day where you actually do touch the butan without hiding up under other flags blockading!

ps.. congrats to Jsweetie on the defense <3
Harrjm U SUX <3 and uhhh smacks Tzz? :)
Jimmyjimjim said:

No. You sir are the troll, with your threat of a ddos, oooo how E-thug you are. I cry bullshit. Ddos me then...what are you going to do fill up my forum inbox with your e-rage?

[Edit 1 times, last edit by fourteen1414 at Sep 12, 2010 3:45:18 PM]
[Sep 12, 2010 3:42:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

Yeah, one thing led to another and i was several states away from my computer today. Oddly enough i actually ended up at an amusement park somehow! Hope you guys had fun without me!
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Sep 12, 2010 5:18:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
devil7117

Hopefully it wasnt the one i work at lol.
Devilmaster on Midnight

There's no better feeling than stabbing a skelly with yer sword
[Sep 12, 2010 5:34:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
omegadyn

I wanted it to be like the amusement park in Zombieland!
Omegadyn

Cronus says, "Luck is always better than having a clue."
[Sep 12, 2010 8:19:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

It's been a long time since anyone has shown Park Island some blockade love, but now that's been rectified. :D

You actually had me wondering what the record was - Up until give or take 12 hours ago, so far as I can tell Park was running second on the list of Islands longest to not be blockaded... Based on my search of both the forums and the wiki, The leader appears to remain Vernal Equinox which according to the records has not been blockaded since colonization by Moonlighting April 06.

Period. End of story.

[Sep 13, 2010 3:15:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

It's been a long time since anyone has shown Park Island some blockade love, but now that's been rectified. :D

You actually had me wondering what the record was - Up until give or take 12 hours ago, so far as I can tell Park was running second on the list of Islands longest to not be blockaded... Based on my search of both the forums and the wiki, The leader appears to remain Vernal Equinox which according to the records has not been blockaded since colonization by Moonlighting April 06.

hehe, someone's got a new target to hit now!
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Sep 13, 2010 5:29:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

hehe, someone's got a new target to hit now!

lol... I'm actually wondering if Vernal would hold the all time record for length of time not being blockaded? Without checking their records, I would be amazed if there is an Island on Coblat or Viridiot that has been held unchallenged since the very early days, and I'm curious as to what other Islands in Midnight's history have gone uncontested for so long. I can't imagine too many Islands historically would have gone unchallenged for so long.

Period. End of story.

[Sep 13, 2010 7:33:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

lol... I'm actually wondering if Vernal would hold the all time record for length of time not being blockaded? [...].

The next closest one I can think of is this:

Beta I, 2004.10.09 - Water Sleeps defeated Allied Foundation to colonize the island.
Beta II, 2007.07.07 - Water Sleeps successfully defended against Black Veil.

So it looks like VE has the crown on Midnight. Probably because it's off in a corner and nobody really wants it.
[Sep 13, 2010 9:20:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

Pfft we all know that Cornflaxes got Fallen to drop on Park so Chaparral wouldnt get blockade. Its not like we had blockade crew defense intent and all ready no no.. But to make it clear we are ready and have been for a while so Lawgirl and the mates of Everybody we look forward to the day where you actually do touch the butan without hiding up under other flags blockading!

ps.. congrats to Jsweetie on the defense <3
Harrjm U SUX <3 and uhhh smacks Tzz? :)

Are they really claiming that they couldnt drop on Chapparal because Park got hit? That's funny.
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Edit 1 times, last edit by wonkothes at Sep 13, 2010 9:33:27 AM]
[Sep 13, 2010 9:32:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

Are they really claiming that they couldnt drop on Chapparal because Park got hit? That's funny.

Yes. Apparently Tzz and Corn was spotted on Chapparal island a few days before the drop.

Im not sure why this sunday blockade kept them from dropping though.. Personally I think they make up excuses. A lot of people told me about Namath a while back... so I guess I shouldnt be surprised. It seems a little paranoia ish to me though.

Oh and Gossip Girl is back with season 4.. ;)

XOXO!
Jimmyjimjim said:

No. You sir are the troll, with your threat of a ddos, oooo how E-thug you are. I cry bullshit. Ddos me then...what are you going to do fill up my forum inbox with your e-rage?

[Sep 15, 2010 1:30:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mrguga7

that drink crew that helped out Pandora's box was rather awesome to watch as well running around in their junk and such. awesome blockade was very fun
Emerald Guga - SO of "The Otherworlders"
Titled member of Wait For It

Cerulean: Funnymanv - Captain of "Mirrors of Chaos"
Royal of Scourge of Malice

Collects : ships with adj. Funny :D
[Sep 15, 2010 11:00:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates