• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 131
Posts: 131   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 34448 times and has 130 replies Next Thread
Vettias

Re: September Familiar Competitions - Get your tickets! Reply to this Post

I dont understand how is gonna work. How do we get the tickests?
[Sep 4, 2010 8:56:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

Re: September Familiar Competition - Get your tickets! Reply to this Post

That probably depends tremendously on how patient and cooperative players are with their petitioning. Tons of unnecessary headaches for Cronus (or whatever OM helps fill orders) will probably nuke any chance of this becoming permanent.

If it becomes permanent at some point, I'm sure it will probably be done through the Trading Post using trinkets newly created just for familiars.
----------------------------------------
Mat on the Meridian Ocean

Thank you to everyone who loves Blacksmithing!
[Sep 4, 2010 9:04:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dkzk

How many points for a Cronos doll? ;D
Snaps

[Sep 4, 2010 9:19:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Superlamb

How many points for a Cronos doll? ;D

This!
Theflu of Malachite SO of Heaven and Earth

I collect trinkets! Currently working on Handkerchiefs: 79 unique color combinations.
[Sep 4, 2010 9:29:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

I dont understand how is gonna work. How do we get the tickests?

The tickets (I assume) will be in the form of ribbons, and they will be prizes in different competitions (as in, for an Alchemistry competition, instead of a familiar or a sleeping animal for placing, you will instead get a ticket).
[Sep 4, 2010 11:16:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Khaimm

Cronus wrote: 
Prizes:
Colored Familiar - 200 points
Tan/Tan Parrot Familiar - 50 points
7 person Portrait with myself and another mysterious OM - 20 points.
Cronus' Mysterious Grab Bag. A random unpurchasable item I've already wrapped in a box (artifact furniture, funky colored potted flowers, Cronus egg, etc). - 10 points

Does this mean we can't get tan octopuses or monkeys?
Khaim : Hunter
Plan for Swabbies
Phade wrote: 
I'm against anything potentially annoying that greenies can get their hands on. This includes their ability to chat.

[Sep 4, 2010 12:53:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

I am all for anything that give Apollo more toys to play with!

I am really liking this format, my only criticism would be that it seems you are likely to be giving a way a whole lot more special prizes than in a regular month... I think I'd go for making the ribbons worth less, especially if... well, that would probably be for GD discussion ;)

<3
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Sep 4, 2010 5:17:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sleepingvamp

Ok a couple more portrait questions.

After the 20 tickets can we and the people in our portrait get copies of the portrait in the normal way (poe and dubs) or do we need to spend 20 tickets for each copy?
Also do we get to pick the name of the portrait?
[Sep 4, 2010 5:50:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Superlamb

I am all for anything that give Apollo more toys to play with!

I am really liking this format, my only criticism would be that it seems you are likely to be giving a way a whole lot more special prizes than in a regular month... I think I'd go for making the ribbons worth less, especially if... well, that would probably be for GD discussion ;)

<3

First off I want to state this is pure speculations. We should wait to see how what the OM's actually decide to distribute the ribbons.

What I think the OM's wil be doing is releasing about three 200 point ribbons (for 3 colored familiars a normally given out a month), four 50 point ribbons (for the 4 tan familiars given out a month), and 5 point ribbons for first place (maybe other places as well) in the daily tournaments as well as random puzzle comps. For the larger oceans this spreads the ribbons quiet well where very few players will win more than 2-8 tournaments in a month giving said person 10-40 points, enough to get 1-4 of the smaller prizes. The only problem I see is see is with our small ocean where the number of players the ratio of ribbons won in tournaments per person would be a lot higher. I see this might lead to a larger influx of fams to Mala but should work for other oceans.
Theflu of Malachite SO of Heaven and Earth

I collect trinkets! Currently working on Handkerchiefs: 79 unique color combinations.
[Sep 4, 2010 5:52:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maskforum

Ok a couple more portrait questions.

After the 20 tickets can we and the people in our portrait get copies of the portrait in the normal way (poe and dubs) or do we need to spend 20 tickets for each copy?
Also do we get to pick the name of the portrait?

It does not require 20 tickets, it needs 20 points.
Mask - Hunter Ocean
Island degisner
[Sep 4, 2010 8:41:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Khaimm

Superlamb wrote: 
For the larger oceans this spreads the ribbons quiet well where very few players will win more than 2-8 tournaments in a month giving said person 10-40 points, enough to get 1-4 of the smaller prizes.

Cronus wrote: 
Tickets are transferable

Someone with 10-40 points can sell them to another player. Since each point is worth 30-40k, they probably will. I expect we'll see at least a few familiars bought with red tickets.
Plan for Swabbies
Phade wrote: 
I'm against anything potentially annoying that greenies can get their hands on. This includes their ability to chat.

[Sep 4, 2010 10:59:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fsurocks82

Someone with 10-40 points can sell them to another player. Since each point is worth 30-40k, they probably will. I expect we'll see at least a few familiars bought with red tickets.

I doubt it. Do you really think there will be that many reds even in circulation? Going further, even if there is enough, do you think enough of the owners would end up selling to the SAME person?

I don't see reds being used for a colored fam at least.
Demonfire of Cobalt
[Sep 4, 2010 11:07:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hwfo111

Maybe if the 5 point ribbons had a permanent lifetime, then people could save up 200 points to get a familiar.
Hwfo
[Sep 5, 2010 1:27:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Khaimm

Demonfire wrote: 
Khaim wrote: 

I doubt it. Do you really think there will be that many reds even in circulation? Going further, even if there is enough, do you think enough of the owners would end up selling to the SAME person?

I don't see reds being used for a colored fam at least.

If there aren't many reds available, what's the point of having them? I agree that we probably won't see someone trade 40 reds for a colored familiar, but it's quite possible that 10 reds will be used for a tan one, or used with golds for a colored.
Plan for Swabbies
Phade wrote: 

[Sep 5, 2010 4:30:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Srjan

Edit: Just realized the previous posts are talking exactly about this. I guess I should read the threads I'm commenting on.

Not sure if it was brought up, and not sure if this is actually a part of the competition, but can we have our names inscribed on the ribbons - and they only being redeemable by the person who won it?

I'm sure it defeats the purpose of the competition to have people who are at the inn all day purchasing the ribbons for 10k or 20k each from random people who may not know what they are for or who think 20k is a lot for a useless trinket.

I'd rather have people who place well in competitions get prizes, and not inn traders.

Fun event if this isn't the case.
IGN Srjan

Srjan says: Have a look at the new limited edition midas rowboat. http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/spyglass/entry/april_s_le_ship_is
Lovette says: Ok, we need more gold nuggets
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Srjan at Sep 5, 2010 9:01:56 AM]
[Sep 5, 2010 9:00:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
finaldeamon

Tan/Tan Parrot Familiar - 50 points

Wasn't it stated before that another tan/tan parrot wouldn't be given out anymore? Atleast that what lorddke said, I think... on hunter atleast.
-Ohhungry (Emerald)
-RoyalXFlush (Meridian)
[Sep 5, 2010 11:07:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemedor

Is it just Competitions or will there also be tournements in Parlour games? Or is it just only Duty/Crafting puzzles were we can win tickets with ?
Nemedor on Emerald
King of Glorious Geeks
[Sep 5, 2010 2:30:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Is it just Competitions or will there also be tournements in Parlour games? Or is it just only Duty/Crafting puzzles were we can win tickets with ?

Already answered by Cronus:
Cronus wrote: 
This event is for competitions and will not include tournaments. Some of the competitions will be listed in the second post, however many will be spontaneous.

Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Sep 5, 2010 2:45:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
ecrvtbyn

How do i know which Ribbons are from THIS event? Is there a specific message inscribed on the Ribbons that distinguishes these ribbons to others?
Ecrvtbyn on the Viridian ocean.
[Sep 5, 2010 8:21:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.youtube.com/user/ecrvtbyn    ons_disorder34    Don't have    Nah, don't have [Link]  Go to top 
Khaimm

ecrvtbyn wrote: 
How do i know which Ribbons are from THIS event? Is there a specific message inscribed on the Ribbons that distinguishes these ribbons to others?

Cronus wrote: 
The ribbons will be inscribed to indicate they come from this event since I'm sure other such ribbons already exist.

Plan for Swabbies
Phade wrote: 

[Sep 5, 2010 9:22:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
008pmn0407

A link is added as inscription
Linkinparkey of Midnight Serenade
[Sep 5, 2010 11:48:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Justinmickey

Ribbons say "Questions: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=159916 Expires 10/9" to be exact.
Modern, Emerald.
Spam, Meridian.
[Sep 6, 2010 8:11:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ecrvtbyn

Ribbons say "Questions: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=159916 Expires 10/9" to be exact.

That's what i need. Thanks.
Ecrvtbyn on the Viridian ocean.
[Sep 8, 2010 6:07:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.youtube.com/user/ecrvtbyn    ons_disorder34    Don't have    Nah, don't have [Link]  Go to top 
008pmn0407

Will there be like daily competitions or will there be more like a few competitions a week?
[Sep 8, 2010 6:33:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yoyopeoplle

sooo I've not seen a single competitions yet and there are non announced in this post yet
Kaikias on every ocean
I love you too
[Sep 8, 2010 6:52:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
008pmn0407

sooo I've not seen a single competitions yet and there are non announced in this post yet

There was 1 sunday at around 2 pm or something
[Sep 8, 2010 6:57:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ubernoober8

Must have been a suprise one because it doesn't seem that the schedule has been sorted out :S
- Omnom on Sage.

SO of the Titans.
Titled Member of the Olympian Armada.
[Sep 8, 2010 10:46:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maskforum

Must have been a suprise one because it doesn't seem that the schedule has been sorted out :S

A few of the competitions this month can be found below. You'll also see random competitions popping up at various times that will not be listed here.

Mask - Hunter Ocean
Island degisner
[Sep 8, 2010 1:32:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ray_Leo

Maybe instead of limiting ticket getting from in game competition only, people can also get them on forum writing or art competition as well? Maybe like a weekly drawing or art contest or something.
Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic
[Sep 8, 2010 5:51:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Khaimm

Sharkiez wrote: 
Maybe instead of limiting ticket getting from in game competition only, people can also get them on forum writing or art competition as well? Maybe like a weekly drawing or art contest or something.

I think 10pt tickets would be fine prizes for forum events. On the other hand, I am vehemently opposed to "weekly drawings" or any other sort of random lottery. If you want to win a familiar by pure luck, go play in Atlantis.
Plan for Swabbies
Phade wrote: 

[Sep 8, 2010 7:53:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 131   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates