• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 31738 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
Galene
OceanMaster

September Familiar Auction - Friends in Forks! [Prizes Awarded] Reply to this Post

Please read this post thoroughly - it's a complex auction! The first challenge will be in working out what you need to bid! In particular, read the "Overall Score - IMPORTANT" section, as it may affect your strategy.

Halloween is right around the corner, which got me thinking about my plans for the celebration this year. Why did Stephenie hold a Prom for Eclipse, and not the two books prior? No, Twilight and New Moon need their own ball, too. The plan includes a new home fully decorated, plenty of options for attire and anything Twilight or New Moon themed I could come up with. Here is where you come in!

The person on each ocean who helps me prepare the most will be rewarded with a familiar of their choice*.
Auction Deadline : Thursday, September 30th, 11pm server time (confirm in game with /info)

You are required to provide items from every category but do not need to provide everything from within that category. Age doesn't matter as long as they do not dust prior to the deadline. More info on that later. Only one of each bonus item will be counted.

Decorations
Esme has offered to help me decorate the new home. She's provided me with a list of suitable items:
Any type of paintings, tables or chairs (Anything with the word "painting", "chair" or "table" as part of the name)
Candles, Gold Candles and any type of Wall-lamp (Any thing that hangs on the wall and has the word "lamp")
Basic meal, Place setting, Fancy Meal, Meal with wine, Bowl of fruit
Any type of Mug
Any Dressers, Wardrobes and Book desks (Anything with "Dresser", "Wardrobe" or "Book desk" in the name, plain or fancy)
Scrolls (furniture), Scroll and Quill, Paper and Quill
Leather gloves (bludgeon) and Scarves (to hide their sparkle)
Woodpiles
(Any) Charts (in case we decide after it's over to head out to Isla Esme, even though that wasn't until later in the series)

Woodpiles and charts are worth 1 point each
All other items worth 5 points each
BONUS: A Fireplace to warm our home : 20 points

Entertainment
I suppose we'll need something to do besides pretend to eat and languish about. A game of baseball could be fun! Let's also celebrate Bella's birthday while we're all gathered together.
Gifts (Anything wrapped)
Cake (Alice insists-the birthday cake available from the Palace Shoppe)
Cleavers (The sword weapon, Emmett promises Italian food)
Pink flowers (Not my idea, I swear it was Alice, again. She says any trinket flower will do if pink or rose)
Portrait Easels (Charlie suggested this)
Any Broken tables (It's just a little...blood) (Anything that says "Broken Table" in the name, round or square)
Bandanas (as baseball caps)
Sticks (to use as bats)

Bandanas and sticks are worth 1 point each
BONUS: A Harpsichord for Edward to play : 20 points

First Aid
Any good host for a large function should be prepared to render aid to any guest in need. Carlisle has volunteered to oversee this area and requested that certain things be made available:
Whisking potions (Regardless of swigs remaining)
Injury repair potions
Scroll (trinkets, for writing down prescriptions)
Jars, Jars and skull, Mixing skulls, Mortar and Pestle
Short Fetish, Tall fetish
Crates of Herbs (or spices)
Crates and Broken crates (NO slatted crates! Only the items with these specific names)
stools
Scales, Books
Any Handkerchiefs (to use as bandages-Anything with "Handkerchief" in the name)
Swashbuckler's jacket (Lab coat-any color)

Stools, Crates and Broken crates are worth 1 point each
BONUS: Skintone elixir (Bella especially has been looking a little pale lately) : 20 points

Guest List
I'll need to break the guest list up into a few batches here to keep everybody straight. Let's see. We need to have a few human guests I suppose, and werewolves (even if they smell bad), plus our fine vampire friends.

Humans
Belaying pins (You never know when one of James's coven might decide to crash the party)
Zombie hands (Bella likes them, even if Jessica doesn't)
Notebooks and blotters (they might have some time to study)
And since Harry Clearwater and Charlie Swan seem to enjoy fishing so much, better bring some fish (bludgeons) and fish skeletons.

Fish, fish skeletons and zombie hands are worth 1 point each
BONUS: A fancy bed for Bella : 20 points

Quileute Tribe
Patched pants
Belt and bracers
Bones (trinkets and/or bludgeons)
Driftwood (Either size; sneaky Jacob likes telling stories on the beach to get around Sam's gag order)
Rags (I think you can guess why)

Patched pants and driftwood are worth 1 point
Standard Rags are worth 1 point each (red, blue, white and tan)
Non-standard Rags and all other items worth 5 points each
BONUS: A wolf (dog) : 20 points

The Volturi
Skellie skulls (trinket; I'm sure the place is a mess after their parties)
Any red clothing (except bandanas, scarves, patched pants or rags), in honor of St. Marcus Day
*Primary and Secondary color-if applicable, both need to be red. Those you'd be choosing a color if you try to order the item at a tailor need to be red, but if there are other colors as part of the item, that's fine. A white stripped shirt you don't get to pick the 2nd color, it's just there, so a red and white striped shirt is fine.
Tombstones
Male or female, Frilly shirt with sash, Cape, Tabard or Jerkin (any color)

Striped shirt, Plain shirt, Stripy knickers and Plain knickers (male or female), female Shirt with belt and Skellie skulls are worth 1 point each
BONUS: Sanguine amulet : 20 points

MORE BONUSES!
These bonuses are not included in any category and none are required. They're just extra! Limit one per character.
Jacob - another Wolf (dog; specifically Chestnut colored) : 20 points
Edward - Gemstone ring (to propose to Bella with) : 20 points
Bella - Vial of Venom (James bit her wrist) : 20 points
Alice - Scrying Bones : 20 points
Esme - Carven table : 20 points
Carlisle - Crushed leeches : 20 points
Rosalie Hale - Comb OR Mirror : 20 points
Jasper - Any Imperial Outpost trinket OR Forged documents : 20 points
Emmet - Bear Claw OR Teddy bear : 20 points
I almost forgot! I do plan on attending myself!
Galene - Galene Egg : 20 points
Extra Bonus! Provide me with a fast car (sloop) with a Kracken's Blood in the hold for another 50 points! Limit 1
Extra Bonus! Get your blacksmithing up to Broad experience on the "disposable alt" holding your bid for another 50 points! Rating doesn't matter. Limit 1
One of my favorite parts of the story was Alice and Edward playing chess, where he could read her mind but she could see the future!

In addition to the auction, I'm planning a Stephenie Meyer Day on September 13th to Celebrate Bella Swan's Birthday, as as the town of Forks now does. This will include tournaments, competitions and other events TBD. Some of the prizes might be the more basic items required for this auction, so keep a sharp lookout!

Rules
Overall score - IMPORTANT
I want to meet all of the needs of my guests and make them all feel equally welcome, so it's of no use to me to end up with a ton of items for Vampires and nothing at all for our Werewolf or Human friends. Your points are limited by your lowest-scoring category.

The points total in your lowest scoring category is considered your baseline score. You cannot claim more than twice your baseline score in any other category. If your baseline (your lowest score among the categories) is 10 points, then you cannot claim more than 20 points in any other category, regardless of how many eligible items you are able to bid in those categories.

Notes on Scoring
* Add up the points for the items you are bidding in each category.
* Bonus points: where bonus points are available, these will only be scored once. For example, in the Decorations category, you can only provide one Fireplace for 20 points
* Add the regular points and bonus points up in each category so that you have an initial score for each category.
* According to the "Overall score - IMPORTANT" section above - find your lowest category score, and ensure that you are not claiming more than double that score in any other category.
* After you've added your category scores together, add in the "More Bonuses" points. It's still only one item for each character, but these are not included in the previous categories.
* You can then calculate your overall bid score - and this is the score that appears in your PM subject.

Sending in your bid
* You must send your bid by PM to account ForksAuction
* The subject of the PM must follow the format:

Ocean / Pirate name / Overall score

e.g. Malachite / Galene / 165

* The body of the PM must contain the following information:

Pirate name:
Ocean:
Pirate(s)* holding all items:

Category scores claimed (once adjusted for the scoring limits):
Decorations :
Entertainment :
First Aid :
Humans :
Quileute Tribe :
The Volturi :
MORE BONUSES :

Overall score claimed :

Familiar species you want:
Familiar color(s):

Notes:
* You do not need to provide every item on a category list but you must have items in every category. For example, in the Decorations category, you may choose to provide all your points with Woodpiles and nothing else, if you wish.
* All items must be held on a disposable alt whose name is provided along with your bid. The alt should not be holding any clothes, familiars, swords, mugs, bludgeons, pets, furniture, charts, potions, trinkets, etc, other than those bid in the auction. I will be deleting the winning bidder after I verify the bid, so it should be completely disposable.
* To reduce risk of crashing when trading items, you may use multiple alts if desired, with a limitation. No category may span more than one character. All of the items for a category have to be found on one character, but the character may have more than one category on them. All alts must be listed in your entry and all must be disposable-they will be deleted if you win.
* I am not responsible for items that dust when you move them to your alt. Items must be in the alt's inventory when I do the transfer to count towards your score. I suggest that items most likely to perish (such as fish) are the last things moved to your alt.
* Yes, I know that I've given expensive items and cheap items the same points value. It is entirely your choice what you bid.
* It doesn't matter if items are inscribed or not in this auction.
* Remember that you cannot claim more than double your baseline score in any category.
* PMs that are sent to the incorrect forum account will be deleted without reply.
* PMs that do not exactly follow the subject format will be ignored without reply.
* There's always someone who copies the example subject line without editing in their own details. *grins* Copy the format, but update with your OWN details.
* PMs that do not contain all relevant information will be deemed invalid.
* Scoring errors: bids that claim more points than they are entitled to will be deemed invalid. Bids that claim fewer points than they are entitled to will be allowed.
* Multiple PMs: to allow for a substantial improvement in bid, or to correct an error, you may send ONE repeat PM for each auction. If you send more than two in total, however, you will be disqualified from the auction.
* This auction covers Midnight, Cobalt, Viridian, Sage, Hunter and Malachite. You may bid on multiple oceans. You must send in a PM bid separately for each ocean, and remember to adjust the PM subject accordingly.
* Valid familiar types are Octopus, Parrot or Monkey. You may request any available color of familiar other than solid black and solid white or any Limited Edition color.
* If you might be away within 24 hours following the deadline, I suggest you put the items on your named alt beforehand.
* If you have any questions, please post them in the thread. ForksAuction will not respond to PMs other than to contact the eventual winners.

Process
At the end of the auction period, I will sort the PMs and identify the highest correct bid on each ocean.
I will PM the winner and allow them 24 hours to respond saying that all items are ready. I will then log in and make the familiar transfer.
If the winning bidder on any ocean does not provide all the bid items (or does not respond within 24 hours), I will then contact the second highest bidder, and so on.
Progress will be noted in this forum thread as deliveries happen, and the winning pirates' names, bids and chosen familiars will be posted.

NOTE: There are a lot of rules in this auction. Please read the instructions carefully, and check your bid PM carefully, so that you don't waste time or money.

Edits:
1. Before you mates even saw it!
2. Added in the Galene egg bonus.
3. Added in Tabard and Jerkin for Volturi items.
4. Added female Shirt with belt to The Volturi 1pt list, as it also has 0 doubloon charge and can be freely generated.
5. Added some clarity for "Any" type items by bolding "Any", adding it in for the case of handkerchiefs and clarifying what word I'm looking for in those items. Also some clarity on "red" colors for Volturi clothing and added "any" color for the specific frilly items listed there. Also added a note in the rules that inscriptions on items that can be inscribed do not matter in this auction.
6. Allowing multiple alts to be used to prevent risk of crashing or lagging out.
7. Moddifying the mutiple alt rules to allow more spacing out of items/fewer items on each alt.
8. Changed the subject to [Judging] and corrected a typo (from "wish" to "with")
9. Changes subject to [Prizes Awarded]
----------------------------------------
Galene
(12:24:59 PM) Oceanus: Hahaha ur ded on teh grond
[Edit 9 times, last edit by Galene at Oct 4, 2010 9:01:47 PM]
[Sep 2, 2010 8:24:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
woody456

Re: September Familiar Auction - Friends in Forks! Reply to this Post

Does the first pirate to understand this event win the fam?

I'll try and win some ribbons I think...
Painful
[Sep 6, 2010 3:15:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bethieboo

Yay! I've been waiting for an auction like this :)
Sera/phie

Yassenn says, "you'd be surprised, i made this really cool spreadsheet a week or two ago"

Avi by Wayfarer
[Sep 6, 2010 3:34:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

I'm disturbed.
Yearbook
Cerulean/Emerald
[Sep 6, 2010 3:47:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Were any of the 2 edits on your original post in regards to items or points?

Edit: Does red clothing have to be all red, or just part?
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Sep 6, 2010 4:44:00 PM]
[Sep 6, 2010 4:29:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Amyrosee

I got a question , if i buy 10 fireplaces would the total score for them be 200? or it doesn't matter how many of them you buy?
Amyrosee
Sage ocean now to be Emerald.

Hera says, "Amyrosee = SCARY"
[Sep 6, 2010 4:31:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

I got a question , if i buy 10 fireplaces would the total score for them be 200? or it doesn't matter how many of them you buy?

Galene wrote: 
Only one of each bonus item will be counted.

Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Sep 6, 2010 4:44:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Amyrosee

Galene wrote: 
Only one of each bonus item will be counted.

oh ok Thank you i really need to read that again :/

/starts to read all over again
Amyrosee
Sage ocean now to be Emerald.

Hera says, "Amyrosee = SCARY"
[Sep 6, 2010 4:48:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

And another question, if we were familiar with all the rules from Apollo's Harry Potter random item auction, should we be familiar with these rules?

Edit: Question number 4) Are "plain" shirts considered the ones that are shirt with belt? Basically, any clothing item that can be created on a greenie pirate should be worth at most 1 point.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Sep 6, 2010 5:49:51 PM]
[Sep 6, 2010 5:12:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
MadMe

For the clothing...

"Any red clothing (except bandanas, scarves, patched pants or rags)"

Does the entire item must be red/red? Or the major part of the clothing item must be red?

Another question:

handkerchiefs... which type? Just handkerchiefs OR/AND Black Handkercheifs (from black boxes)

Ananother question: XD

The gem stone ring - can it have an inscription already? Or must it be unscribed?
Madme (on all oceans)
Captain of the Black Rum on the Meridian
A loyal Riddlemaker© on the Meridian
...and going MAD one gene at a time

Awesome Avatar by Catlin
[Edit 2 times, last edit by MadMe at Sep 6, 2010 6:31:06 PM]
[Sep 6, 2010 5:53:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Were any of the 2 edits on your original post in regards to items or points?
One edit was before you mortals could see the thread :D
The other edit was adding a Galene egg bonus item.

And another question, if we were familiar with all the rules from Apollo's Harry Potter random item auction, should we be familiar with these rules?
Yes, if you're familiar with the Harry Potter rules, these will nearly be identical, as this event was modeled after that one! A few differences: The extra bonuses section here doesn't fall under any specific category and I'm not asking if you'll be putting items on the alt immediately or not, I'm just assuming not and giving myself 24 hours to contact you at auction end.

Are "plain" shirts considered the ones that are shirt with belt? Basically, any clothing item that can be created on a greenie pirate should be worth at most 1 point.
"Plain Shirt" is the exact name from in game and yes, basically any clothing that had a 0 doubloon cost was only worth 1 point.

Does red clothing have to be all red, or just part?

"Any red clothing (except bandanas, scarves, patched pants or rags)" Does the entire item must be red/red? Or the major part of the clothing item must be red?
Primary and Secondary color-if applicable, both need to be red. So, those you'd be choosing a color if you try to order the item at a tailor need to be red, but if there are other colors as part of the item, that's fine. A white stripped shirt you don't get to pick the white part, it's just there, so a red and white striped shirt is fine.

handkerchiefs... which type? Just handkerchiefs OR/AND Black Handkercheifs (from black boxes)
ANY type of handkerchief, Black box, BK, regular trinkets...

The gem stone ring - can it have an inscription already? Or must it be unscribed?
It can already be inscribed. It's easy enough to file it off so Edward can add his own.
Galene
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Galene at Sep 6, 2010 8:20:49 PM]
[Sep 6, 2010 8:03:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Great Event. We were all waiting for something like this again....

/me just wishes that if we didn't win the auction, you could just delete all the junk carrying alts and replace them with something nice, like a trinket or a little something... so not just ONE pirate gets rid of their stuff, but all of us :)
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Sep 6, 2010 10:05:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Satan666Hell

Crates and Broken crates (NO slatted crates!)

Which of these covers Crate o'hemp's?

Edit: does small drift wood count as drift wood?

Edit: so we must include the bonus in each catagory under the catagory in the body of the post?
Look of Sage.

Drinking <3
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Satan666Hell at Sep 7, 2010 2:09:59 AM]
[Sep 7, 2010 1:21:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Crates and Broken crates (NO slatted crates!)

Which of these covers Crate o'hemp's?

None do. For most of these items, I've specifically listed the item exactly as the name appears in game. Crates o' hemp are not included.

Edit: does small drift wood count as drift wood?
Yes, both sizes of driftwood count the same.

Edit: so we must include the bonus in each catagory under the catagory in the body of the post?

Yes.
If you're doing the bonus listed for "Decorations", you'll include those points in the "Decoration" section as part of that score.
The exception is the "Extra Bonuses" category which is completely separate.
Using Decorations as an example, if you had 2 sets of candles (5 points each), 10 woodpiles and 20 charts (1 point each) and the bonus item of a fireplace (20 points-limit 1), your score for Decorations will be 60 points for decorations.
Galene
[Sep 7, 2010 2:21:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Satan666Hell

thanks + aww i have 500 hemp sitting around >.>
Look of Sage.

Drinking <3
[Sep 7, 2010 2:31:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gillybones

Does the guest list count as four separate categories or just one with four subheadings? thanks
[Sep 7, 2010 3:31:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

thanks + aww i have 500 hemp sitting around >.>

Me too, lol
[Sep 7, 2010 4:12:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Does the guest list count as four separate categories or just one with four subheadings? thanks

Each are separate categories, but there are only 3 there, not 4 (Extra Bonuses is not part of any category).

Look under "* The body of the PM must contain the following information:" And you'll see each of the categories listed to make this more clear, hopefully. Pasting it below again for your convenience.

Category scores claimed (once adjusted for the scoring limits):
Decorations :
Entertainment :
First Aid :
Humans :
Quileute Tribe :
The Volturi :
MORE BONUSES :

Overall score claimed :

Galene
[Sep 7, 2010 4:18:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Do "chairs" include fancy, upholstered, carven, qing and yoke-back?

And do "tables" also include end tables?
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Sep 7, 2010 4:21:54 AM]
[Sep 7, 2010 4:20:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Do "chairs" include fancy, upholstered, carven, qing and yoke-back?

And do "tables" also include end tables?

Yes. If "chair" is part of its name in game, it counts as a chair (so a stool doesn't count, nor does a bench of any sort as they don't contain "chair" in the name).
If "table" is part of its in-game name, it counts as a table (so bar pieces don't count, but a Marble end table or Carven table would, and even most of the gaming tables specifically say "table" as well).

Good questions so far gang. I'll check back later this evening for more!
Galene
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Apollo at Sep 7, 2010 5:28:40 AM]
[Sep 7, 2010 5:23:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Harshex

Would Framed Portraits count toward paintings, or no?
ExuberanceSalacious of Meridian & Obsidian
Severe of Emerald

Derp.
[Sep 7, 2010 7:35:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Would Framed Portraits count toward paintings, or no?

Yes, they count.
Galene
[Sep 7, 2010 7:48:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Does this include crates of herbs and spices, or are those worth 5 points?
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Sep 7, 2010 8:00:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Does this include crates of herbs and spices, or are those worth 5 points?

In this case, Crates and Broken crates are only the items with those exact names. Crates of Herbs or Spices are 5 points.
Galene
[Sep 7, 2010 8:29:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Tennispro2

Would a "jar of fog" trinket count towards the jars?
Tennispro

Senior Officer of the crew Serial Pillagers
Prince of the flag Art of War

"If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger?"
Aldous Huxley
[Sep 7, 2010 11:23:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Immaboss

Does the extra bonuses ( the broad im stat and the sloop ) count in the bonuses category or are they seperate?
Immastar on Meridian and Cerulean
[Sep 7, 2010 2:59:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Juleah

Age doesn't matter as long as they do not dust prior to the deadline.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Sanguine amulets dusted immediately the next day once you get them in black boxes?
Lacusclyne on Emerald
Laccy on Twitch TV and LoL NA
[Sep 7, 2010 3:12:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/Laccy_Love [Link]  Go to top 
RAWRfayelle

Um.. Since the Humans/Quileute/Volturi are all under The Guest List, are the points counted together or separately?
Did I just embarrass myself by asking a really stupid question? o: Hehe
[Sep 7, 2010 4:19:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Would a "jar of fog" trinket count towards the jars?
Sorry, no. That section is listing the item name exactly as it appears in game.

Does the extra bonuses ( the broad im stat and the sloop ) count in the bonuses category or are they seperate?
They're part of the "Extra Bonuses" category-but keep in mind that that category doesn't count toward any limits, it's purely extra.

The limit that you can't have more than twice the points of your lowest category does not apply to the "Extra Bonuses" category.

Um.. Since the Humans/Quileute/Volturi are all under The Guest List, are the points counted together or separately?
Separate. See the categories list under the PM section. "Guest List" is not a category itself, just a heading for the categories listed under it.

Age doesn't matter as long as they do not dust prior to the deadline.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Sanguine amulets dusted immediately the next day once you get them in black boxes?
Wiki says 5 days. I'm not certain that is correct-they may have "up to" 5 days with varying decay rates within, possibly. Bonus items are HARD. That's why they're worth more. I don't expect folks to be able to get them all, but if you can, more power to you!

If it isn't dusted when you place it on the disposable alt and you don't log that alt in again, it's safe and counts. Anything that might dust you want to put on the alt last when you're certain you won't have any additional points to put on the alt.

One last thing. There are no dumb questions. It's a complicated auction with complicated rules. If there is a point you're not clear on, it's better to ask and risk feeling silly than not ask and make an error. That's why I'm checking the thread very frequently in these early days to try to get answers out as fast as possible.
Galene
[Sep 7, 2010 4:39:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

this "disposable alt", does the alt get deleted if we win? I'm assuming so, but the rules don't really say. I have an alt I use for this type of thing, but I'm rather fond of her name! *laughs*
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Sep 7, 2010 5:14:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates