• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1958 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Rick9109

Lagniappe Defense

Jobbing Contact: Annaleese
Pay: 500 a round (to start)

Tomorrow we defend the beloved island island Lagniappe. Pay will start at 500 a round and will be matched to a reasonable extent. This one will be non-sinking]. But we plan on making it fun regardless, so head on down to the south side of the map and join us! Our jobbing contact will be the governor of Lag herself, Annaleese!
----------------------------------------
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Aug 28, 2010 3:32:14 PM]
[Aug 28, 2010 2:45:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

Re: Lagniappe Defense

Thank you everyone that came out to help us today!

We love all the support :)
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

Rome says, "I don't even have a status of a man"
[Aug 29, 2010 2:49:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Thanks to all who came out for a fun blockade; thanks especially to those that jobbed for me and whose hard work puzzling made me look good out there.

Good blockade, TO; that first round was killer.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Aug 29, 2010 2:59:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
DeepNine

Great showing, CT, and good game! That was a heart-stopping round 1, well played to pull that and the rest of the blockade out.
Nine of Tyr's Own
Currently on loan to: Dies Irae
[Aug 29, 2010 3:15:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

Round one was something to witness. Truly incredible. Amazing for TO to get so far ahead with the jobber deficit they had, and amazing for CT to stick to it and actually turn it around at the last second.

(And thanks to CT for letting me listen in on the festivities. To hear the admiral say something along the lines of "if their frig sinks this turn, maybe we can still take the round" and then watch it sink seconds later was a YPP moment I doubt I will ever forget.)

Very well played on both sides, and thanks to both flags for hosting some playtime for the whole ocean!
[Aug 29, 2010 5:34:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

It was really a roller coaster. The dismay at the amount of points they had just with ocean side, then the huge lead they built on top of that, then the happiness when we started to close the gap, then the sadness when it looked like we were going to end up losing by only 30 points or so, then the elation when we managed to swing back towards the lead
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Aug 30, 2010 2:37:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

Round one was something to witness. Truly incredible. Amazing for TO to get so far ahead with the jobber deficit they had, and amazing for CT to stick to it and actually turn it around at the last second.

(And thanks to CT for letting me listen in on the festivities. To hear the admiral say something along the lines of "if their frig sinks this turn, maybe we can still take the round" and then watch it sink seconds later was a YPP moment I doubt I will ever forget.)

Very well played on both sides, and thanks to both flags for hosting some playtime for the whole ocean!

Thats the second time when admiraling that I've had a round hinge on whether or not a frig can be sunk. Both times, the frigate went down, and both times someone from TO was involved. =)
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Aug 30, 2010 11:59:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

That was one of the wicked best rounds I've ever seen, for sure. Amazing stuff!
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 30, 2010 12:12:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates