• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 19
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3229 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
sweetnessc

Charmed, I'm Sure: Intent to Defend Papaya

Sunset Knights have stepped up and accepted Pomfret's call to arms at Papayato see whether pirates care more about PoE or politics. We stand ready to defend against this blatant rebellion and... to... um, hell, well, YAY BLOCKADE!

Tyr's Own will start pay at 400 a segment and it will be non-sinking unless Sunset Knights requests otherwise.

In honour of Pomfret, Sunset Knights and others stepping up and actually doingsomething, should Tyr's continue to hold Papaya at the end of the blockade, we pledge that each point you help the Sunset Knights earn will reduce your taxes for one full month, whether or not they eventually win,
by the highest percentage of points that Sunset Knights manages to take in any round of the blockade.*

For example, if Sunset Knights scores 100 points, and Tyr's Own scores 200 points, taxes will be reduced by 100/200 or 50%. And if Sunset Knights scores 153 points and Tyr's Own scores 170 points, taxes will be reduced by 153/170 or 90% to the low, low 10%.

Yes folks, that means if the Sunset Knights win even a single round of the blockade, your taxes will be reduced to zero for a whole month, so come out, have some fun and do your part for the shoppekeepers of Papaya.

* It would be good if someone would keep track of the ending scores of each round, because if we miss the actual finishing numbers before they get cleared from the board, we'll go with our best guesstimate of what the scores were in the absence of better evidence.
----------------------------------------
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 27, 2010 4:08:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Re: Charmed, I'm Sure: Intent to Defend Papaya

Call to arms people!

So to play another example...

For example, if Sunset Knights scores 300 points, and Tyr's Own scores 50 points, taxes will be reduced by 300/50 or 600%.

I encourage everyone to job for the attackers for exactly one round, just so we see Pie chained to the dock handing out Poe to everyone who asks for the next month :P
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Aug 27, 2010 8:30:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

Love the intent art and i have no intention of only winning one round. Nice job though making it so i can win either way. This is going to be a fun event. Hopefully my fame changes by tomorrow. Still established as of right now but we had a lot of jobbers today. I have to get to bed for an early wedding hope the jobbers can keep it up.

Thanks pomfret for the great fun and sweetiepiepi for the great challenge. I cant wait to sit on my throne in the papaya palace :)
Kaldric on Cerulean
Captain of the Sunset Knights Crew
[Aug 27, 2010 8:47:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bealotus

jobbers dont give fame.. just saying! they need to be crew to help with that... gl!
Oceanus says, "Genious, pure genious."
[Aug 27, 2010 11:58:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

jobbers dont give fame.. just saying! they need to be crew to help with that... gl!

Thus why he has a ton of extra cabin people puzzling for his fame. :P

P.S. U sux
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Aug 28, 2010 12:10:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bealotus

Thus why he has a ton of extra cabin people puzzling for his fame. :P

P.S. U sux

NO YOU!
Oceanus says, "Genious, pure genious."
[Aug 28, 2010 1:20:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

Alas it was not meant to be this weekend. The contest for 50,000 POE was not enough to draw in enough people to raise my flag fame. It did however raise my crew fame up two levels.....odd. Consider yourself prolonged blockaded until next week when i know my fame will be of proper level.

Sad thing is, my flag fame is normally celebrated and i am am usually in the top forty flag and crews. The one time i need the fame it is not there eheh. Serendipity is it? Either way sorry to prolong this but i will see you next week on the field of battle where...."Once more, we play our dangerous game, a game of chess against our new adversary - The Tyr Navy. For forty years, your fathers before you and your older brothers played this game and played it well. But today the game is different. We have the advantage."
Kaldric on Cerulean
[Aug 28, 2010 11:31:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

Well, that's disappointing. Back in my day, ye just got another crew to join yer flag fer 10 minutes and then ye had the fame to blockade.
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Aug 28, 2010 11:50:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Hey, if the score was 0-0...

0/0 = Infinity

Now, 100% taxes - Infinity = -Infinity Taxes.

So does this mean that Pie must hand out Infinity poe to the ocean?
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by TheRack at Aug 31, 2010 6:45:21 AM]
[Aug 31, 2010 6:44:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
waterdropp

Hey, if the score was 0-0...

0/0 = Infinity

Now, 100% taxes - Infinity = -Infinity Taxes.

So does this mean that Pie must hand out Infinity poe to the ocean?

I feel your math is marginally flawed, or at the very least your interpretation of the rules. The jobbers have to earn at least one point in order for the taxes to be reduced.

we pledge that each point you help the Sunset Knights earn will reduce your taxes for one full month

So...
that's all I've got
[Aug 31, 2010 7:26:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

*nudge bumpage*

We're on for this weekend! Sunday, at 11 am, in some as-yet unspecified time zone. :-) Time to play!
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Sep 3, 2010 1:29:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
waterdropp

*nudge bumpage*

We're on for this weekend! Sunday, at 11 am, in some as-yet unspecified time zone. :-) Time to play!

Probably GMT +9 or something dumb and annoying for you cannucks.
[Sep 3, 2010 9:50:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

7-8am game time on sunday.

Kaldric posted in his other thread, thought id throw it here too.
Lesgreg
[Sep 3, 2010 9:55:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maded

Well done :-D
[Sep 5, 2010 8:38:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Oops, looks like I missed the party. I heard round one was quite a lot of fun with near even jobbing. I am told with the final scores that the taxes should be lowered by 56%. Taxes on Papaya have been dropped to 44% until October 5th. Congratulations to Kaldric and the Sunset Knights, to Pomfret, and to the Papaya shopkeepers.

Sublime is shame.
[Sep 5, 2010 9:03:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

Congrats mates. See you at the other end of the cannon barrel soon.
Kaldric on Cerulean
[Sep 5, 2010 9:44:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

I'm not sure if that means we're going to go out drinking sometime, or you're going to shoot me. :)

Edit: Dammit, my reply made much more sense when I just read what you said skipping over the 'cannon' part. :-P

Sublime is shame.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by sweetnessc at Sep 5, 2010 3:28:30 PM]
[Sep 5, 2010 3:27:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

*laughs* well we can go drinking then i'll shoot ya eheh.
Kaldric on Cerulean
[Sep 5, 2010 7:28:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
waterdropp

I'm not sure if that means we're going to go out drinking sometime, or you're going to shoot me. :)

Edit: Dammit, my reply made much more sense when I just read what you said skipping over the 'cannon' part. :-P

So... drinks is what I vote. Find me!
[Sep 5, 2010 9:14:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates