• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 38
Posts: 38   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6715 times and has 37 replies Next Thread
Wildboy

Don't Tread on Me Yarr!!!

The merchants of Papaya suffer at the over taxation of Tyr's Own

The Sunset Knights have heard the cries of the merchants and the woe's of taxation. The cries for possibly loosing shops to the evil greed of Governess SweetiePiepi.

Once governess is sent packing back to the JetOpal arch where she belongs I will lower taxes to 0 percent for the first week to allow all shops to recover losses. I will also help any that have lost their shop recover lost shops as best I can.

We shall show those who feel the suffering of others is enjoyable the price it costs for such actions.

Pay will be 200 POE per segment to keep with the spirit of the event. Let us show the insolent that such actions are not to be tolerated.

Come join this event it will be scheduled for this Sunday august 29th roughly 2-3pm eastern. It should be entertaining, thanks for all that set it up contributed to it to get it rolling.

See you all there
----------------------------------------
Kaldric on Cerulean
Captain of the Sunset Knights Crew
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Wildboy at Aug 27, 2010 1:25:33 PM]
[Aug 27, 2010 7:50:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bdull

Re: Don't Tread on Me Yarr!!!

I know a couple island-holding flags in Jet who would probably dispute that Sweetie or anyone from TO "belongs" there.

Also, pending getting out of work something close to on time, I intend to be there for later rounds.
--Lazylubber
Lord of Crimson Tide on Midnight
Former governor of Midsummer
Not retired, but playing less than some who are

Avatar awesomeness by Shortyjack!
[Aug 27, 2010 8:38:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
calorifere

All I understand from the OP's post is: Tyr's Own should blockade something in Jet.

Maybe it's just me...

Oh, yeah, and someone coming to blockade us. YAY!
Hatchetback
Senior Officer of Fifth Fist of th'Misfits
[Aug 27, 2010 9:04:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

The idea that different archipelagos are actually distinct locations is pretty funny to me.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Aug 27, 2010 9:23:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

Yay a blockade!
[Aug 27, 2010 9:30:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

it was more just pointing to the fact that was the only capital island i knew them owning :)
Kaldric on Cerulean
[Aug 27, 2010 10:20:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

*giggles* I suspect Crimson Tide will have something to say about that assertion too.

In the meantime, though - YAY BLOCKADE!
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 27, 2010 10:28:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

Ack i meant opal ahaha sorry
Kaldric on Cerulean
[Aug 27, 2010 10:34:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

*giggles* I suspect Crimson Tide will have something to say about that assertion too.

/me says something

yeah Opal sounds good :)
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

Rome says, "I don't even have a status of a man"
[Aug 27, 2010 12:56:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

Tyr's Own is blockading another Jet island? Sweet!

Also, what day/time is the blockade? I searched the OP several times and can't find it.
Sprngweather & Picory
[Aug 27, 2010 1:08:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
surfrn59

Come join this event it will be scheduled for this sunday august 29th. It should be entertaining, thanks for all that set it up contributed to it to get it rolling.

They did not specify a time though.
Surfie
Captain of Get of Fenris
Midnight Ocean
[Aug 27, 2010 1:21:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

I am aiming for this Sunday between 2-3 pm in the afternoon Eastern time.

I am having more trouble then i thought getting my flag fame up though a lot of crewbies are starting to come off summer vacation. I will know by later tonight if i have to push it back a week or not.

I have a 50k Raffle posted in the events any that wish to help my flag fame rise please let me know. I will be on most of the day except between 5-6 pm Eastern.
Kaldric on Cerulean
[Aug 27, 2010 1:25:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rockitboy

/me says something

yeah Opal sounds good :)

We don't like Xi. Come take it.
RB, CT spokesperson
Rocketboy
Cursed Isles, ridding the ocean of poor BNAV one ship at a time.
[Aug 27, 2010 1:48:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

I'm unsure about the exact mechanics, but if you had a few hearties that brought their entire crew over to your flag for say...1 day, that should give you the required fame to drop the war chest. Then they could just head back to their own flags after. Just my thoughts.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Aug 27, 2010 2:51:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

I'd also like to know what else you plan to do with the island, other than lower the taxes. Only asking because all this good PR could be quickly overshadowed if your flag did something stupid, like Burning Bagofpoo.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Aug 27, 2010 2:56:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rockitboy

Papaya needs moar shipyards.
Rocketboy
[Aug 27, 2010 3:24:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

I have no intentions of building anything on the island for now until i get a feel for it. I would like to build a flag hall building on it but that was just a thought and if it had the room. I really had not had the time to look at the island to see what space is available as i had no immediate intentions of building anything. Only to save the merchants from their whoa's
Kaldric on Cerulean
[Aug 27, 2010 4:11:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

I have no intentions of building anything on the island for now until i get a feel for it. I would like to build a flag hall building on it but that was just a thought and if it had the room. I really had not had the time to look at the island to see what space is available as i had no immediate intentions of building anything. Only to save the merchants from their whoa's

I would understand if a flag hall was made so crews/flags that call Papaya their home could get a house, but anything more than that might cause some forum tarting to start.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Aug 27, 2010 5:04:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

Mommawolf, in the Pirate Hall thread a while ago, wrote: 
Sadly, Papaya doesn't have the room to build one, without nerfing commodities, which I'm not willing to do.

As far as I know, no buildings have dusted since then, so the situation should still be the same.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Aug 27, 2010 5:20:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

Dang. Should have waited for something to dust first...
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Aug 27, 2010 7:49:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

As i said i have no immediate intentions of building anything that was the only though toward buildings I have had.
Kaldric on Cerulean
[Aug 27, 2010 8:40:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MrSquiddy

When 1000 PoE per round be considered merely a token sum to reward people who come to blockade "on principle", it makes Old Squiddy feel sorry fer any small-time flags who be savin' up so they can join the blockade game.

-- Squiddy, who always gets Opal and Jet mixed up. Never got Byrne and Nu mixed up, though.
[Aug 28, 2010 6:19:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Also, what day/time is the blockade? I searched the OP several times and can't find it.

Hmm, Jet, you say? How about noon Sunday, at Lagniappe?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 28, 2010 12:49:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

Very sexy.
Sprngweather & Picory
[Aug 28, 2010 3:34:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Velariel

No, because I have to be at work and can't take part in the boomy fun! Sadness. :-(

Tass
Last...day...in...RETAIL!
Tacita of Midnight.
Half blind, crippled, and Damned.
[Aug 28, 2010 8:35:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rockitboy

You spelled Xi wrong.
Rocketboy
[Aug 28, 2010 11:12:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

You spelled Xi wrong.

LOL
Kaldric on Cerulean
[Aug 29, 2010 10:42:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

Woot, we are on for this weekend. I will be holding the raffle for the 50,000 shortly.
Kaldric on Cerulean
[Aug 31, 2010 12:55:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhapzodi

Ok...so I am searching and searching for the date on this bloc...and all I can see is this:

Kaldric wrote in his OP:

Come join this event it will be scheduled for this Sunday august 29th roughly 2-3pm eastern . It should be entertaining, thanks for all that set it up contributed to it to get it rolling.

Then...

Kaldric wrote on Aug. 31st:

Woot, we are on for this weekend .

soooo.....

ummm.....

yeah.

Official Date and time for this bloc please.
kk thx!
=)
Rhapzody says, "Would someone tell me again WHY we call them EX's?"
Jthebear says, "X, what you put on the map so you can tell the police where the body is as part of your plea agreement......"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rhapzodi at Sep 1, 2010 7:40:13 AM]
[Sep 1, 2010 7:37:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

I am looking at Sunday Sept. 5th at roughly 10-11am. Papaya shall be free of the taxing tyranny.
Kaldric on Cerulean
[Sep 1, 2010 8:32:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 38   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates