• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7575 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
Piratejaime9

Re: TO Rebel or not TO Rebel? Call to Arms at Papaya!

Well all I can say is THANKS A LOT for making the taxes 100%..I have had an IM stall on Papaya for the past 2 years...now I can't afford the weekly taxes and I am about to lose my beloved stall...I wouldn't brag about something like that when you have screwed me out of my stall...forever! I am not happy with you all at Tyr's Own for this ridiculous stunt you all are pulling...I have never seen a flag act so nasty towards the rest of the ocean...I have a problem with people of power screwing some of us that are trying to make it...THANKS A LOT!
[Aug 26, 2010 3:52:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

Well all I can say is THANKS A LOT for making the taxes 100%..I have had an IM stall on Papaya for the past 2 years...now I can't afford the weekly taxes and I am about to lose my beloved stall...I wouldn't brag about something like that when you have screwed me out of my stall...forever! I am not happy with you all at Tyr's Own for this ridiculous stunt you all are pulling...I have never seen a flag act so nasty towards the rest of the ocean...I have a problem with people of power screwing some of us that are trying to make it...THANKS A LOT!

Are you quoting Ladyweed, or do you have the same exact problem?
----------------------------------------
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Aug 26, 2010 3:59:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piratejaime9

what problem are you referring to that I might have the same problem as ladyweed? Did I mention her name ANYWHERE in my post?? NO..so don't drag her into this..it's my sole opinion..no one elses..I speak for myself always...SO cut the crap out...And leave Ladyweed or anyone in my crew or flag out of this...don't you think you all have done enough damage?? Good grief!
[Aug 26, 2010 4:04:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

Huh? Piratejaime, Ladyweed posted exactly what you said two posts before yours. The problem Wonkots is talking about is the problem of losing your stall because of 100% taxes. No one is trying to bash Ladyweed, just trying to clarify whether you were repeating her for emphasis or repeating her because you too are about to lose your stall to high taxes.

Also, I'm not sure what Wonkots has ever done to your flag?
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Aug 26, 2010 4:07:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piratejaime9

I am referring to Tyr's Own taking my stall from me..I never did anything to them at all..This is who I have my argument with...Woknots is not included..it was that thread that I replied to...
[Aug 26, 2010 4:10:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

I am referring to Tyr's Own taking my stall from me..I never did anything to them at all..This is who I have my argument with...Woknots is not included..it was that thread that I replied to...

If your stall isn't making enough poe to cover taxes, you aren't very good at the shoppe game! Sorry if this is news to you.

Also, it while that specific stall might close, by your own choice in failing to pay the taxes, it should be entirely possible for you to open a new stall on Alpha, with no threat of tax hikes or a different island. Or even on Papaya again if another player flag wins it and reduces the price.

I mean you're certainly free to be outraged and have a hissy fit if you like, but at least attempt to get your facts straight.
[Aug 26, 2010 4:58:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

Starhawk wrote: 
toss

I don't think anyone who was there can deny that this game has lost a lot in its culture over the years. But this is absurd. Payless blockades demand that a lot of scrubs and greenies who joined last month ago and happened into their flag because they were invited to join after a fun pillage show up a play the game for 3+ hours to support some other people they don't even know, who by the way already has more money than God, getting in return no compensation whatsoever direct or indirect, because they will never see a dime of the profits from shoppes or taxation. No, there are many things I miss about the old days, but playless blockades are not one of them.
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Aug 26, 2010 5:27:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

They demand no such thing, or at least they didn't use to. (Maybe there is a greater need for bodies and ships these days, when the "strategy" - especially on green oceans - seems to be to fill the board with them.) I did not feel exploited or pressured, as a small-o officer in a respected crew/flag that I took pride in despite my humble station. I was contributing to something worthy, and if I didn't feel that, I wouldn't log in and job. I fought for my flag and my mates for the same reason soldiers fight for theirs, not for poker money or a manager position or other compensation.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Aug 26, 2010 6:57:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

Forgive a lurker for giving her two cents, but I see this as an opportunity for all those people who have shops and stalls on Papaya (plus their flaggies and hearties, and allies) to join with the attacker to fight for lower taxes.

OK, so if pay is capped at 200 poe per segment, it's not a money maker. However, people used to job in blockades because of loyalty and for good causes (ie. helping the underdog). My first blockade, I fought with my flaggies and crew to help an ally gain their first island. Granted, this was before blockades had a payment mechanism, and even though I was compensated for my time, that wasn't why I played the 3+ hours.

What's so wrong in trying to encourage an ocean to fight for a common goal, other than poe and treasure?

Isn't this along the lines of why TO has made the moves they have to support certain brigand kings and to raise taxes on the islands they still hold, etc.? They want to cause people to rise up again, much like people used to do "back in the day" when things were a little more exciting, right?
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Aug 26, 2010 7:08:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

They demand no such thing, or at least they didn't use to. (Maybe there is a greater need for bodies and ships these days, when the "strategy" - especially on green oceans - seems to be to fill the board with them.) I did not feel exploited or pressured, as a small-o officer in a respected crew/flag that I took pride in despite my humble station. I was contributing to something worthy, and if I didn't feel that, I wouldn't log in and job. I fought for my flag and my mates for the same reason soldiers fight for theirs, not for poker money or a manager position or other compensation.

Sorry, but someone's gotta be the sucker and it was you.
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by funnybones at Aug 26, 2010 9:49:17 PM]
[Aug 26, 2010 9:45:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

Forgive a lurker for giving her two cents, but I see this as an opportunity for all those people who have shops and stalls on Papaya (plus their flaggies and hearties, and allies) to join with the attacker to fight for lower taxes.

Don't feel obliged to pledge in units of 50k. Feel free to do so even in 5k or 10k.

Update: Island bounty now at 300k. It's beginning to look interesting.
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Aug 26, 2010 9:53:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

I'll throw in 50K.
Sisqi

[Aug 26, 2010 9:56:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhapzodi

Seriously though, who on Midnight gives two poops for poes anymore, I haven't been active for 4 years and I have poes coming out my ass.

Might i suggest

And THAT is why I <3 Lesgreg =)

As for the rest of his post:

And so blockades are won not by those who are actually in the flag, committed to its success, but by paywars and whoever has the larger purse.

It is still won by those who are in the flag committed to its success, thats where the PoE is coming from. Since i joined TO and since the Ragnarok started, I have seen a much higher level of activity from within the flag playing. Having normaly upwards of 20people from TO for blockades on (a few are alts from diff flags i am sure). Also TO has pulled off a few wins/barely lost blockades that i have seen while being out jobbed by 20 or so jobbers. I also tend to see the same jobbers even when TO is being outpayed. So there still seems to be a large number of people who like people in TO or what the plan of TO is, not what the pay is. I think friendship is still stronger than PoE.

and to what Sisqui said 4 posts back:

I agree 100%.

This Ragnarok is stirring up the ocean...it (IMHO) is causing people to blocade, and/or to get off their booty's and do something about it. It's also causing old-salts to come creepin' back into the game and onto the forum. I believe that was the whole point...to stimulate the ocean. To bring the ocean back to life from it's sleepy stagnated state. I admire them (TO) for what they are wanting to do and for what they are achieving in this respect.

I would also like to add that I am a multi-stall owner myself and have empathy for the shoppe/stall owners who are suffering right now. Might I suggest getting on your flag-horn and asking your flag to either A) do something about it or B) ally with a flag who IS willing to do something about it. My flag loves its flaggies and if our shoppe/stall owners asked us to help them...you better believe we would be there with a quickness...in one form or another...no questions asked. Its called loyalty. It is one of the defining things that seperates the great flags from the not-so-great ones. TO's flag is full of loyal members. & That is why they are able to keep doing what they are doing.

Again, no matter if I agree or disagree with the steps they are taking to achieve their goal--its all irrelevant. It's what am I willing to do to: A) Stop them--if I dont like what they are doing, B) Help them--if I do like what they are doing or C) Sit back and eat popcorn and cheer everyone on. That is what matters.

Love em' or hate em'...but ya gotta admit...they got game.
Rhapzody says, "Would someone tell me again WHY we call them EX's?"
Jthebear says, "X, what you put on the map so you can tell the police where the body is as part of your plea agreement......"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rhapzodi at Aug 26, 2010 10:28:24 PM]
[Aug 26, 2010 10:23:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

And THAT is why I <3 Lesgreg =)

Smileyface
Lesgreg
[Aug 30, 2010 11:00:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Final score of round one was, I'm told, 335-186. As a result, taxes have been dropped to 44% for one month. Whee! And congrats to Pomfret on causing his first blockade. :)
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by sweetnessc at Sep 5, 2010 9:13:06 AM]
[Sep 5, 2010 9:10:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

And I am satisfied that there were more than a couple of rebel wbs on the board at one stage plus a junk or two. Good job Kaldric! So, I have paid my bounty, plus Elliptic's contribution.

Now, I have to come up with something else... ;)

[Sep 5, 2010 9:16:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

Thanks for causing a great even. I got Windwench, Eliptic's and Pomfret's contributions. I thank you for the fun event and an opportunity to work to get to know more of the community. I will be there where ever TYRanny may lie :)

It was fun and educational.
Kaldric on Cerulean
Captain of the Sunset Knights Crew
[Sep 5, 2010 9:47:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Well, I'm glad the taxes dropped. Good job on getting the points for that.

Even though, Kaldric gave up before round 2 was finished, he did a good job.

What I'm a bit disappointed about though, is that I had excepted a few more "local" Papayan merchants to show their colors, either by jobbing or pledging.

Why didn't that happen? My guess, it's not reading the forums, not being informed. How can they be rallyed the next time?

My flag is a teeny tiny flag. We have all of 3 real bodies in 2 crews. Everything else is alts, either our own, or those of some hearties who "wanna get away from it all". All we do is marketeering in all its aspects. But we do read the forum, even if nobody else says anything here. I post the links to the important stuff in crew/flag news and make sure they're aware. I also am known to spam forum-lazy hearties with links :D

Luckily, we don't have any stalls or shoppes on islands, that TO has accumulated (yet), albeit we dread the day.

What I'm trying to say is, I am in my flag by choice. I can't possibly afford the pay nor drum up the support I'd need to defend or attack an island, especially not if it's one where I have businesses.

But, I am happy to support in which ever way I can... even if it means to get up for an 8am cade on a Sunday... Madness, I tell you

Pomfret, if you wanna try again, lemme know. I might just have to run a few more gems
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Sep 5, 2010 2:22:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

So, when is a good time to catch you online so I can pay my portion? You can send me a pm if you prefer.
Sisqi

[Sep 5, 2010 6:45:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

Nine's contribution is also with me. Now all I have to do is find you online...

[Sep 6, 2010 1:53:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shadowwolfy

Sorry I missed the block. Good try.
Will try to catch you in game to give you poe.
Fruit juice is to pirates as sugar is to crack addicts; a major disappointment.
[Sep 6, 2010 11:31:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

I am usually on most days 8 to 5pm cause i am able to play at work. I am also on most eve's about 9pm eastern.
Kaldric on Cerulean
Captain of the Sunset Knights Crew
[Sep 6, 2010 6:42:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

Yay! Nine's and Tzz's contribution also handed over.

[Sep 6, 2010 9:52:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates