• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 60
Posts: 60   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21872 times and has 59 replies Next Thread
affinity

Free Toxicated!

Let's unban Toxicated! Bring him back to the game and the fun that he brings with him!
----------------------------------------
Mendikins Law states:
As any forum discussion grows in length, the probability of God being mentioned as a topic within itself approaches one.
[Aug 21, 2010 10:10:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sassythang

Re: Free Toxicated!

Whee for pwnage Lanty <3

~Sassythang
~Satisfies on Meridian and Emerald

*Captain of Pirates with Hats/ Such Crew So Relax
*Queen of False Pretenses/ Such Flag Many Sinks
[Aug 21, 2010 10:15:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Omgwtfcandy

no he's annoying
Cerulean: Omgwtfcandy
Emerald: Preset
[Aug 21, 2010 10:31:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

waytocopyme@aol.com
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Aug 22, 2010 12:38:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soopercres

waytocopyme@aol.com

TRUTH
Cres - SO of Crip Happens
Lord of Faded Legend

Collecting Catfish Ships of all sizes.
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Cres#Catfish_Fleet
[Aug 22, 2010 6:09:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marymoo123

He's been unbanned twice and then got rebanned so no i don't think he should be back to the game.

But i sorta think you cant cope on this game without him and are missing him to much.
Poohead - Cobalt Ocean!
[Edit 3 times, last edit by marymoo123 at Aug 22, 2010 7:48:44 AM]
[Aug 22, 2010 7:05:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mikeywelsh

Marymoo. Although this thread is just stupid, that reply might have been the dumbest thing I've seen today. Well the last line at least.
Paidup on Viridian
Mrman on Cobalt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mikeywelsh at Aug 22, 2010 7:41:31 AM]
[Aug 22, 2010 7:40:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marymoo123

Marymoo. Although this thread is just stupid, that reply might have been the dumbest thing I've seen today. Well the last line at least.

Oh well :p
Poohead - Cobalt Ocean!
[Aug 22, 2010 7:47:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
affinity

waytocopyme@aol.com

Meh, couldn't care less. I was asked to make a thread about it, so I did. It's kinda hard for me to copy you though Crip, as I honestly don't care about you or your comments.

If I did copy you accidentally, then I certainly extend to you a deep and sincere apology. >.> Yeh right.
Mendikins Law states:
As any forum discussion grows in length, the probability of God being mentioned as a topic within itself approaches one.
[Aug 22, 2010 7:50:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marymoo123

waytocopyme@aol.com

Meh, couldn't care less. I was asked to make a thread about it, so I did. It's kinda hard for me to copy you though Crip, as I honestly don't care about you or your comments.

If I did copy you accidentally, then I certainly extend to you a deep and sincere apology. >.> Yeh right.

Why didn't your friend make it then?
Poohead - Cobalt Ocean!
[Aug 22, 2010 8:04:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
affinity

So your friend couldn't make the thread instead of you doing it? Because it's not hard to make a new account and post it on here. So I'm guessing you wanted to make it.

I didn't mind making it, no.
But, if he made a new account, then he would be ban evading. Unfortunately this would give people like you, who feel self-righteous when other people are banned, another reason to complain him.

How about you make a signature so I know who you are instead of hiding behind your forum name. <3
Mendikins Law states:
[Aug 22, 2010 8:15:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moonmaiden79

Ok- Lets break it down then.

Pros:
He runs good trike squares.
He's some of the people on the game's friend.
Joo misshes 'im. <3

Cons:
He has allegedly let people get on his account to make his stats look better than they are.
He has allowed other programs to puzzle for him, gotten caught, then lied about it.
He has no respect for the people in the game that are not his special friends.
He's an elitist.
He sets a bad example for other players and navers.
He, (and his friends,) do a lot of other borderline things that may or may not be considered against the spirit of the game.
He has been rumored to have gotten run off of Midnight due to naughty behavior.
He doesn't believe the rules should apply to him, and does not really act like he has any remorse for any of the things stated above.

And to conclude- obviously the pro's outweigh the cons. Who need integrity when we can have SMHs.

edit: Punctuation is wonderfulishness.!?
Stabatha- Tarts of Doom, Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by moonmaiden79 at Aug 22, 2010 10:51:28 AM]
[Aug 22, 2010 10:05:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

well said

he broke the rules - he got banned, just because hes an elite doesnt give them a get out of jail free card!
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Aug 22, 2010 11:30:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesChatham

Ok- Lets break it down then.

Pros:
He runs good trike squares.
He's some of the people on the game's friend.
Joo misshes 'im. <3

Cons:
He has allegedly let people get on his account to make his stats look better than they are.
He has allowed other programs to puzzle for him, gotten caught, then lied about it.
He has no respect for the people in the game that are not his special friends.
He's an elitist.
He sets a bad example for other players and navers.
He, (and his friends,) do a lot of other borderline things that may or may not be considered against the spirit of the game.
He has been rumored to have gotten run off of Midnight due to naughty behavior.
He doesn't believe the rules should apply to him, and does not really act like he has any remorse for any of the things stated above.

And to conclude- obviously the pro's outweigh the cons. Who need integrity when we can have SMHs.

edit: Punctuation is wonderfulishness.!?

Hey guys! Let's ignore everything she just said and keep complaining! FREE TOXICATED LOLOL
Miles Davis wrote: 
Where's the cocaine???

[Aug 22, 2010 11:56:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

FREE TOXICATED!
Yankeejr of Cerulean Ocean
[Aug 22, 2010 5:15:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Bring him back to the game and the well-paying Atlantis runs* that he brings with him!

Fixed.

*Assuming, of course, that he actually does pay out and doesn't extend the run into a reboot "to see what will happen."

I suppose it's fitting that greed is Toxicated's lasting legacy in this game - it's what got him banned, and why most of his hearties seem to want him back. Do any of you actually like him, or do you just miss the BIG MONEY, BIG PRIZES?
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cmdrzoom at Aug 22, 2010 10:48:51 PM]
[Aug 22, 2010 10:45:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sky_of_fire

Bringing him back would be nice for smh.. except for the fact everyone else moved of cobalt so good luck filling that WB! (or anything really.)
Mrimported

Retiredish
[Aug 23, 2010 3:32:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Steveyohoho

If you can't nav a WB atlantis these days, just hang it up. It used to be that atlantis was at least exciting for the nav/MAA/XO team so it made the hour load + 3 hour trip at least enjoyable to some. Now its, "sink triks, haul, sink triks, haul, sink triks, haul, etc, etc." Toxi, don't come back, you'll be bored to tears at easy mode atlantis.
Steveyohoho
Captain of the crew Flirts and Damsels
Prince of the flag Faded Legend
Cobalt Cerulean Ocean
That guy wandering the Obsidian ocean
[Aug 23, 2010 7:01:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slntslayer

Cons:
He's an elitist.

whoa whoa whoa, hang on....since when is being an elitist a bad thing?

Also, it's not against the "spirit of the game" call it power-gaming, call it a clever use of in-game mechanics....some play to win...others complain about it because they are unable to do so.
When all else fails, go blow something up.
I'm a BK hunting trollop, and how!
Rehio wrote: 
There's gotta be some law that prohibits Rashnu from having any sort of contact with greenies.

Rashnu
i R slo kiddo.....
[Aug 23, 2010 5:12:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ChaosShadou

whoa whoa whoa, hang on....since when is being an elitist a bad thing?

Only the loud Elitists are. ("OMG ONLY GM+ ON MY SHIP EVEN THOUGH I IS ONLY PROF ROFLCOPTOR")
"Milk. It keeps you safe from all satanic troll attacks."
Asterea on Sage
[Aug 23, 2010 5:45:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

waytocopyme@aol.com

Sorry sensitive Sally.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Aug 23, 2010 7:25:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ashes622

Why does anyone care? Nothing Toxi did impacted ANY of your lives... except for those of us that were on the ship when he and HALF of the ship got banned.

Someone told you he had people get his stats for him...
He was too elite...
He doesn't play according to your standards...
blah blah blah...

At the end of the day can you go to sleep?

Get over it...
Ashleydawn on all oceans.

Aventus says, "You need to leave."
Ashleydawn says, "Wow"
You threw Aventus out of the building.
[Aug 26, 2010 7:30:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Why does anyone care? Nothing Toxi did impacted ANY of your lives...

That isn't the way the game works. Lots of stuff in this game is scored relative to how everyone else is doing. For example, at most 1% of all active pirates that recently played a puzzle can be Ultimate.

So, when Toxicated cheated by using a bot, he had to have pushed other people down. Someone couldn't get Leg/Ult because he used a bot. For every ship that he used his bilge bot to help, some other ship wasn't clearing bilge as quickly.

So, yeah, Toxicated (and others) did have an impact. Just because we don't know who he hurt doesn't mean people weren't hurt.

Get over it...

This, I agree with. Why people keep posting and bumping these threads is beyond me. Get over it.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Aug 26, 2010 8:08:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ashes622

Why does anyone care? Nothing Toxi did impacted ANY of your lives...

That isn't the way the game works. Lots of stuff in this game is scored relative to how everyone else is doing. For example, at most 1% of all active pirates that recently played a puzzle can be Ultimate.

So, when Toxicated cheated by using a bot, he had to have pushed other people down. Someone couldn't get Leg/Ult because he used a bot. For every ship that he used his bilge bot to help, some other ship wasn't clearing bilge as quickly.

So, yeah, Toxicated (and others) did have an impact. Just because we don't know who he hurt doesn't mean people weren't hurt.

Get over it...

This, I agree with. Why people keep posting and bumping these threads is beyond me. Get over it.

Like freak mentioned before in another thread, Toxi has become the poster boy.

People that don't even know him, and never had any contact with him have a whole lot to say about things they know nothing about. He was unbanned for the reasons everyone keeps bringing up. Then rebanned for "racism"... which was crap. Toxi has become an outlet for everyones complaints... Just let it go...

That is all from me. :)

Ashleydawn says, "Wow"
[Aug 26, 2010 8:28:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moonmaiden79

Like freak mentioned before in another thread, Toxi has become the poster boy.

People that don't even know him, and never had any contact with him have a whole lot to say about things they know nothing about. He was unbanned for the reasons everyone keeps bringing up. Then rebanned for "racism"... which was crap. Toxi has become an outlet for everyones complaints... Just let it go...

That is all from me. :)

I wouldn't go so far as to say he was a bad friend to you- so why would you go so far as to say he wasn't a good enemy to me? At one point he and I were even hearties. He has earned my scoldings, and I do not have any remorse for my willingness to speak out against him and his initial unbanning. Nor will I have any remorse for speaking out against yet another plea for him to be given another chance. It is you that is making the assumptions here. You are assuming that because Toxicated did nothing to you, that no one was hurt by his behaviors. Well, that is simply inaccurate.

The big picture: Plain and simple the ocean's population is dwindling and has been since before Toxicated arrived on our docks. He did run a few Atlantis trips that were very much fun and very profitable. I enjoyed quite a few myself. This was until I started to see that his reputation was allowing him to load on top of other navers who had been waiting to load. Yes, we all know the arguments- if he's better and people want to job for him they should- that works for the people who get onto his ship, it doesn't, however, work for the ones who do not.

There were navers and crews and their hearties who wasted hours of their time and hard work getting these voyages together just to have some bully come push them off the board- Even on occasions where they had requested the time slot- something Tox had suggested they do. (Although, of course, he did not need to ask permission to load like those lowly peasants.) How many people walked away from the game feeling miserable and let down and like they were never going to get anywhere because they were not the best? How many quit because of that? Impossible to say. But I know people were feeling very unhappy about how he threw around his weight.

I did not say Toixcated was an "elite," I said he was an "elitist." There is a big difference, and they are not mutually exclusive. You don't have to have great stats to be an elitist. You merely have to play the game as if some players are better than others and therefore deserve more privileges on the ocean, this may include the occasional look in the other direction from the people enforcing the rules.

Toxicated did break the rules, he did get caught and he did get another chance. Toxicated most certainly did not return to the ocean humble and contrite. Actually I was on a ship that he was on the day he was unbanned- He was boasting about how many people were outraged at his return on a ship via a trivia question. That says to me that he didn't give a damn about it. He didn't recognize how his behaviors affected the ocean at large, nor did he care to look his second chance as an opportunity to make some changes.

And, I for one, will be delighted to let it go as soon as everyone else does. I'm not the one going around posting, "KEEP TOXICATED BANNED" threads every few months, now am I?
Stabatha- Tarts of Doom, Obsidian
[Aug 26, 2010 9:51:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ashes622

I wouldn't go so far as to say he was a bad friend to you- so why would you go so far as to say he wasn't a good enemy to me? At one point he and I were even hearties. He has earned my scoldings, and I do not have any remorse for my willingness to speak out against him and his initial unbanning. Nor will I have any remorse for speaking out against yet another plea for him to be given another chance. It is you that is making the assumptions here. You are assuming that because Toxicated did nothing to you, that no one was hurt by his behaviors. Well, that is simply inaccurate.

The big picture: Plain and simple the ocean's population is dwindling and has been since before Toxicated arrived on our docks. He did run a few Atlantis trips that were very much fun and very profitable. I enjoyed quite a few myself. This was until I started to see that his reputation was allowing him to load on top of other navers who had been waiting to load. Yes, we all know the arguments- if he's better and people want to job for him they should- that works for the people who get onto his ship, it doesn't, however, work for the ones who do not.

There were navers and crews and their hearties who wasted hours of their time and hard work getting these voyages together just to have some bully come push them off the board- Even on occasions where they had requested the time slot- something Tox had suggested they do. (Although, of course, he did not need to ask permission to load like those lowly peasants.) How many people walked away from the game feeling miserable and let down and like they were never going to get anywhere because they were not the best? How many quit because of that? Impossible to say. But I know people were feeling very unhappy about how he threw around his weight.

I did not say Toixcated was an "elite," I said he was an "elitist." There is a big difference, and they are not mutually exclusive. You don't have to have great stats to be an elitist. You merely have to play the game as if some players are better than others and therefore deserve more privileges on the ocean, this may include the occasional look in the other direction from the people enforcing the rules.

Toxicated did break the rules, he did get caught and he did get another chance. Toxicated most certainly did not return to the ocean humble and contrite. Actually I was on a ship that he was on the day he was unbanned- He was boasting about how many people were outraged at his return on a ship via a trivia question. That says to me that he didn't give a damn about it. He didn't recognize how his behaviors affected the ocean at large, nor did he care to look his second chance as an opportunity to make some changes.

And, I for one, will be delighted to let it go as soon as everyone else does. I'm not the one going around posting, "KEEP TOXICATED BANNED" threads every few months, now am I?

I just find it ridiculous that this is THAT big of a deal to ANYONE... Toxi plays another online game and does not care much about YPP anymore... if he was unbanned sure he might come play a little. But he moved on, as should everyone else.

Him getting banned for bilge botting hurt you?... Because that is what I was referring too... His botting should not have HURT anyone but himself. And its dramatic to say that it did. (I was not reffering to how he personally may have offended you) (How many people in this game are arrogant and offend people all the time, do they get banned?.. no)

If anyone knew toxi they would know that he had ultimate bilging on his own before anyone started coming around with the bilge bot. He gave it a try and got caught. His OWN fault, he got banned like many others.

Puzzle pirates is designed with a hearty/de-hearty button, and a mute button. If you don't like the way that someone acts, or they way they run their ship, or the way they speak to people then use one of those buttons.

I understand your point of Toxi "pushing people off boards" and being a "bully". But where that big bully of a captain was there were an XO and a MAA with a ship full of people behind him. Everyone knew what they were doing. He is just getting the short end of the stick because he is an arrogant booty. *and I am allowed to say that because he knows I am right :)<3*

There are plenty of people in this game I do NOT like... and when they were banned I was happy, but when they came back.... It is what it is. No reason to take so much time out of my day being dramatic and whining about a person I don't even like... However, taking time out of my day to defend a person I do like is something I will do.

I really am done now, I am not going to play argument wars in the forum. Everyone has their own opinions I guess.

Ashleydawn says, "Wow"
[Aug 26, 2010 10:48:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesChatham

I actually don't understand where the argument even lies here anymore.

Toxicated broke a rule. He was banned. Toxicated broke another rule (albeit a stupid rule). He was banned again. He's not coming back. He's going to stay banned. You can argue all day about what he did or didn't do for the ocean but in the end he's still banned.

He's not coming back because you make a post saying you want him back. Life isn't fair. Get over it and go play another game with him or talk to him on MSN/Skype/etc. Just stop posting your whiney little posts here in the forums. It's like watching a bunch of Twilight fangirls cry over the fact that someone showed dislike for Edward Cullen. Sure, you can ignore it...but the high pitched screeching that seems to never end just gets on your nerves after a while.

tl;dr Toxi isn't coming back so stfu.
Miles Davis wrote: 
Where's the cocaine???

[Aug 26, 2010 2:35:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dreilly

Hi, if you knew anything about Toxicated, you'd know that he was already an ultimate bilger without use of the bot :)

FREE TOXICATED!
Cem/Cemikila
[Aug 26, 2010 2:44:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Aug 26, 2010 2:53:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Sheesh give it a rest already!!

I have made my opinions about the matter known before and I don't need to keep repeating it. I also never said he should be unbanned I only stated my opinion about the method with which he was finally permabanned.

Wow!! and yet you feed into every "free toxi" thread there is. Let it go. He isn't coming back, why do you feel the need to say the same things over and over every time a thread like this comes out. Coming off as smug and pompous aint pretty.
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[Aug 26, 2010 5:49:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 60   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates