• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7026 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Winklecat

Game Design Ideas for Crimson

This is for game design issues that are unique to Crimson. I hope the devs take a peek once in a while. :)

A couple to start off with:

1. Figure out a way for captains and perhaps senior officers to unlock ships for crew use. Right now, unless you have your own ship, it can be hard to get out to sea. Permanently locked ships mean only the ship owner can hit the sail and port button, or for that matter the engage or disengage button, and all other pirates, including in own crew, must be ordered to nav, in order to chart, bnav or dnav.
It is hard for new pirates to learn to run a pillage on Crimson, until they have their own ship. Training is awkward.
A side effect is that the deeds of ownerless ships cannot be picked up. Perhaps an ownerless ship could be opened to the extent that anyone in the crew could use her? That would help for training!
I have plenty of ships of my own, and don't want the ownerless ones for me. I want to make them available to my crew, instead of them just sitting there in port. I take a much greater risk when I give a deed to an officer so they can use a ship for a pillage than I do by leaving some cannon balls or stock on an open ship.

2. On other oceans, when a zombie or skellie fray is won by the pirates, a chart to CI or Atlantis is awarded to a pirate in the fray. No charts are currently awarded on Crimson. I suggest activating that feature so either an imperial expedition or a regular chart is awarded. I had a conversation with Faulkston about this one over in the Game Design questions thread, if you want more background. Sorry, I am hopeless at linking.
Please post comments or other GD suggestions specific to Crimson here.
Thanks!
Winklecat, Captain of Dark Guardians on Crimson
----------------------------------------
Winklecat
SO of The Bootleggers on Emerald
Royal and occasional monarch of The End
[Aug 21, 2010 12:28:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lord_oll

Re: Game Design Ideas for Crimson

1. This is a massive issue, one thats driving me nearly to the point of insanity, even if only senior officers could assign ships as Crew ones, just something.

2. Not so sure on this one, whilst I agree that the chart drops need to be higher, i'm not too sure that this is the correct way, i think that the brigands/barbarians need to be reconfigured to drop charts more often, the one i never seem to be able to get hold of is Prolix to Terra, completing the route from Sakejima to Lima, so if there were an alternative way of obtaining some of the more useful charts for trading, that would be great.
Crimson Sloop Races!

Okaw on Hunter and Crimson
Darkollie on Cobalt
Okaw or Darkollie on the other oceans when I occasionally visit.
[Aug 21, 2010 1:08:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

I vote that we should have non sinky tilla at least :) probably like sloops cutters and dhows max but like that we could still have fun sinking ships .... IO are getting boring ... and no TH in IO's

Getting more expeditions on pilly should be great too :)
Emerald
Cerulean
[Aug 23, 2010 6:48:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lady_Aliyah

1. We've asked before if the captain or SOs could unlock a ship or two. It is a family ocean. I'd have love to have had a family ship instead of either rotating deeds around or forcing younger players to buy a ship before their first real leading.

2. I would love the chart drop rate to be higher, especially as I also can't find PP to Terra. As for from skellies/zombies, I wouldn't mind seeing expeditions dropped.

3. What happens if the non-sinky float makes it to land? We get a BK blockade and / or island?
~Thank yer lucky stars Lily isn't bnavving!
[Aug 24, 2010 1:59:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lord_oll

I've got loads of PP to Terra charts, and i've nearly memmed it, so if you try to catch me in game, you can have a couple. names Okaw.
Crimson Sloop Races!

Okaw on Hunter and Crimson
Darkollie on Cobalt
Okaw or Darkollie on the other oceans when I occasionally visit.
[Aug 24, 2010 11:59:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

OK one month later .... no response from OM ....

Please read this thread OM's we seriosuly need a release if we want to keep players here!

TY for cllaboration!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Sep 27, 2010 7:45:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mcstabby4

perhaps lowering the amount of skellies/zombies spawned. i have never seen 5 people on to fight them . is there a way of linking spawned skellies to the amount of people logged on to the ocean?
[Sep 27, 2010 3:07:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

We can have 5 easily to fight them ... we beated skellies and zombies with OM and 4 humans yesterday!

Just need friends and a crew/flag active for this!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Sep 27, 2010 4:18:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates