• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2515 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Bishophell

re winter

lets me see get this right Burning Vengance attacked Winter Solsticeand freed the island from the BK and TO. To which every shop keeper on the island would have been paying higher taxes. thats a good thing i thought .
With TO been turning islands over the the bk and causing all sort of fun for the ocean they ended up being the hated flag on the ocean and poor fearsumfire lost her crown.

The funny thing is fearsumfire lost her crowned of being the wicked witch of the ocean to TO but she has come back and won that crown back beautifully in foul swoop of taking a island and building a shop. People be real and be consistence hear please, any small flag out there that won a island would be building something on it mark there stay on the island, it is part of the game if you don't like what she is doing take the island ?? don't sit there on your but and gripe on the forums and cry over spilt milk it is part of the game.

This ocean we be pirates we pilly we plunder we plot that the pirates beleif

Thank god for TYRS OWN and for BURNING VENGANCE for making this ocean come back to life awesome job mates

So what!!!!!!

they building a shoppe or two
i am sure they would have taken care of not hurting the spawns of this island . so what is the problem of building shops i must admit nu island is totally awful but winter is far from that and to surely would think they watched the spawns of that island.

i think a lot of people gripes is a lot of double standards and a lot wanna bees venting there useless voices out there. only voices out there worth listening is the one who back them up with force and can take a island

so i guess makes a lot of people out there full of hot air and there two minutes of fame are more than truly over so move on or blockade an island so the ocean what you are made off....

now that my two minutes of fame are over i go hide in the never regions of this ocean

bishophell pirate to none
[Aug 11, 2010 9:36:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

Re: re winter

So what!!!!!!

they building a shoppe or two
i am sure they would have taken care of not hurting the spawns of this island . so what is the problem of building shops i must admit nu island is totally awful but winter is far from that and to surely would think they watched the spawns of that island.

I'll adress the part i give two barnicles about.

They don't need TWO Shipyards. One is fine, behind the palace where they put it. The other is absurd and pointless, and it removes from the overall beauty of the island. I don't see why they would add a second. as far as I'm concerend no reason has been posted by Fear/BV Rep for either building. Other than the assumed "new flag won and island and wanted to put a shop down for lulz".
Yeah, atleast they didn't ruin the spawns, but they didn't have a good reason for the SY in the first place.
[Aug 11, 2010 9:55:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

My understanding is that the 'good' one was sold to recoup the cost of the blockade and the awful one is intended to be a flag owned shipyard for rebuilding their fleet.

Not condoning, just clarifying.
----------------------------------------
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Aug 11, 2010 10:05:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

No one cares that BV built the shipyards. They care about the placement of ShipTease. Yes, crushing spawns is worse than making the island ugly, but making the island ugly is still bad. Almost anything is better than Nu, don't point at it and say "but at least Winter isn't that bad!"

only voices out there worth listening is the one who back them up with force and can take a island

so i guess makes a lot of people out there full of hot air and there two minutes of fame are more than truly over so move on or blockade an island so the ocean what you are made off....

Who's full of hot air? Capsized is blockading, and Fallen was about to blockade with support from a bunch of strong flags (not just jobbers, but staff and ships too). The people being loud in the forums are willing to help take the island.*

They don't need TWO Shipyards. One is fine, behind the palace where they put it. The other is absurd and pointless, and it removes from the overall beauty of the island. I don't see why they would add a second. as far as I'm concerend no reason has been posted by Fear/BV Rep for either building. Other than the assumed "new flag won and island and wanted to put a shop down for lulz".

Fearsumfire's reason for having 2 shipyards owned by BV is that they didn't know that Redbeard and his crew were joining BV. And yes, Cire is correct, ShipTease is meant to build fleet for the flag, not for public sale. (This is from tells in game.)

*This includes me too, I was offering to cover part of Fallen's jobber pay and was also going to admiral.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Culiford at Aug 11, 2010 10:07:00 PM]
[Aug 11, 2010 10:06:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bishophell

They don't need TWO Shipyards. One is fine, behind the palace where they put it. The other is absurd and pointless, and it removes from the overall beauty of the island. I don't see why they would add a second.

thats the point it is in your face and you dont like it. and it will be there for ever in day what a way to to put a flag in the ground and declare this island is yours that done in a simple matter, dont worry to much you get use to the scenery slighty change but refreshed.

why wouldnt you build a ship shoppe you get the best poe to fund your flag coffers i would thought so. surely they be getting a million poe so thats million reasons why you would do it .
[Aug 11, 2010 10:06:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

My understanding is that the 'good' one was sold to recoup the cost of the blockade and the awful one is intended to be a flag owned shipyard for rebuilding their fleet.

Not condoning, just clarifying.

Thank you for clarifying, Cire.
[Aug 11, 2010 10:07:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

First off. I'm very skeptical over whether said shipyard would be better financially than trying to cut some deals with shipyard owners to buy in bulk at a discount.

If it's a flag only shoppe it may not have many employees, especially since there is another in flag shoppe on the same island. They're probably going to have really long wait times for ships, and will be paying a ton in rent per ship for them. Some of that would in theory go to them if they kept the island, but they won't be with the way they placed it.

But hey, if they think they can do it efficiently, they are free to try.

And yea, they had every right to drop those 2 shoppes on Winter. Just like the people posting displeasure here have the right to relieve them of their ownership of the island.

Social puzzle++
Cire

[Aug 11, 2010 10:13:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

thats the point it is in your face and you dont like it. and it will be there for ever in day what a way to to put a flag in the ground and declare this island is yours that done in a simple matter, dont worry to much you get use to the scenery slighty change but refreshed.

So, according to you, it's okay to do obnoxious and ugly things just so that you can leave your mark? Why would a flag want to make their mark in such a way that the whole ocean wants to blockade them?
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Aug 11, 2010 10:14:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bishophell

So, according to you, it's okay to do obnoxious and ugly things just so that you can leave your mark? Why would a flag want to make their mark in such a way that the whole ocean wants to blockade them?[/quote]

it a ship shoppe! did i miss something or is some shoppes uglier than others, sorry i didn't knew which shoppes are savvy sessh and i thought it just another building it will merge into the scenery of the island. well i never . i have to look yppedia and fine out which shoppe are savvy and which are not

thanks
[Aug 11, 2010 10:26:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jsweetie24

do obnoxious and ugly things just so that you can leave your mark?

My dog does obnoxious and ugly things just so he can leave his mark every night when I take him out for a walk!
Jsweetie of Midnight Cerulean

[Aug 11, 2010 11:40:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

it a ship shoppe! did i miss something or is some shoppes uglier than others, sorry i didn't knew which shoppes are savvy sessh and i thought it just another building it will merge into the scenery of the island. well i never . i have to look yppedia and fine out which shoppe are savvy and which are not

thanks

It's not the type of shoppe, it's that you (assuming you are in the flag you are speaking for) are being intentionally spiteful. I'm not going to be judgemental, hey you won the island do whatever you want, I mean hell I was in a flag that wanted to dust the fort just for the hell of it. It should be pretty obvious though that by doing something objectionable, which you yourself have obviously realized is objectionable given your attitude about it's placement, you are going to piss off other players. That seems to be the primary intention behind the placement according to you.

Beyond that though, Winter had a bit of a rocky past under Puffnstuff's governorship and her freaking the hell out over every god damn thing about the island, maybe there's still some holdover craziness?
[Aug 12, 2010 3:11:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

This just goes to show that more people should job for Tyr's Own. Keep commods safe, embrace teh Ragnarok!
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LtJamesDoom at Aug 12, 2010 5:20:43 AM]
[Aug 12, 2010 5:19:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Beyond that though, Winter had a bit of a rocky past under Puffnstuff's governorship and her freaking the hell out over every god damn thing about the island, maybe there's still some holdover craziness?

I blame Nemo's oppressive distilling bazaar.
Cire

[Aug 12, 2010 7:33:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luvessy

Actually, plenty of flags win islands and don't build.

And Winter is really not the island I would pick to have a shoppe on, except perhaps a distill.

That's all beside the fact that the placement doesn't consider island aesthetic or need for another shoppe in the economy at all. But hey, that's the way green oceans have been doing it for years...
--Mistymate

(Avatar by Sancha.)
[Aug 12, 2010 9:16:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gummyworm

Hey, at least now I will have plenty of company in griping about the crappy economy on Winter.

But seriously, what a waste in poe to build new shoppes, because even while the Shipyards were down in numbers, I saw absolutely no increase in business (Ice Breakers). It was a poe sink before, it was a poe sink with the BK, and it will continue to be a poe sink for everyone involved at Winter.

I'm just a glutton for punishment I suppose.
Abyzaran says, "no hole love today"
Abyzaran says, "i gettin bum scuppered"

[Aug 12, 2010 4:47:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Carchitectress    Yumyumyume [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

So, according to you, it's okay to do obnoxious and ugly things just so that you can leave your mark? Why would a flag want to make their mark in such a way that the whole ocean wants to blockade them?

thanks

Economically, there isn't really a shoppe that I would consider worth the effort it would take to make profitable, and in many case, it isn't likely possible to make economic profit (more money than you could've made by spending the time to make it profitable by doing something else) on the island at all.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Aug 13, 2010 10:39:20 PM]
[Aug 13, 2010 10:38:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates