• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 1
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1115 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
REJBELLS

The Spirit of Jorvik: a 'Lil History!

Who was Greenwolf?
from Yppedia

Greenwolf is a legendary pirate of both Azure and Midnight Ocean fame. He started out in the flag Bloody Seas on Azure, moving to the flag Fortune's Fools with crewmates Kellee and Caine, and then creating his own crew - Green's Wolves - and his own flag - Braindead Buccaneers. Greenwolf and his mates became well known for being fierce and successful pillagers. The flag eventually colonised the island of Jorvik towards the end of Azure. When the Midnight Ocean was announced and it became apparent that everything owned on Azure was to count for nothing on the new ocean, Greenwolf started becoming disillusioned with the game.

On Midnight, Greenwolf and his crewmates joined the Looterati flag, and with them made plans to win the island of Jorvik again. It was a time of much misunderstanding, as Greenwolf assumed that he would automatically be given the governorship of Jorvik after the Looterati won the blockade, whereas the Looterati planned to have the governorship allocated by a democratic vote.

At this point, Greenwolf took his crew out of the Looterati and formed the flag Tyr's Own with old mates from Azure. This was with the specific goal to blockade Jorvik when it became open, in opposition to the Looterati. Tyr's Own allied with the the polar opposite of Looterati, the large flags of Imperio and Crimson Tide.

When Jorvik opened up for blockading, the ocean expected a massive battle to take place, but Tyr's Own did not contend for the island, and therefore it was won easily by the Looterati. When Greenwolf and the flag of Tyr's Own did eventually go after Jorvik, they could not muster the support necessary to fight against the Looterati and the RAWR alliance, and therefore Greenwolf failed to take Jorvik, the island he saw as rightfully his.

Not to be deterred, Tyr's Own placed another bid for Jorvik with the blockade of Jorvik III. However, the Looterati once again successfully defended the island against hostilities. Eventually, Greenwolf left the game, probably partially in response to Tyr's Own failure to win back Jorvik in 2004, and his new interest in World of Warcraft.

He was a very well known player; articulate on the forums and fiercely loyal to those he counted as his in-game friends. There are many who are glad about his retirement, but just as many who miss him dearly. He was truly one of the personalities of the game.

Pianoman1Pianoman1125

The Devil Went Down to Jorvik

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had to be done. To the tune of The Devil Went Down to Georgia.

The devil went down to Jorvik
He was lookin' for an isle to steal.
He had set his mind,
He had drawn the line,
And he wouldn't make a deal.

When he came upon two young men
Navvin' their sloops and firin' hot.
And the devil aghast,
Ascended his mast,
And said, "Boys let me tell you what!"

"I guess you didn't know it
but this harbor belongs to me,
And if you care to fight for it
then I'll drown you in the sea."

"Now you nav a pretty good ship, boys
But give the devil his due.
I'll bet this isle of gold
Against your souls
'Cause I think I'm better than you!"

The boys said, "Bring it on then,
And it might be a sin;
But we'll take your bet,
And you're gonna regret,
'Cause we're the best there's ever been."

Pirates hoist your mains sails and grip the riggin's hard,
Cause hell's broke loose at Jorvik and the devil deals the cards.
And if you win you get this blood red island made of gold,
But if you lose the devil gets your soul.

The devil set his ships to sail
And he said, "I'll start this show."
And fire flew from his cannons,
As he brought his frigs in low.

Then he pulled the wheel hand over hand,
And it made an evil creak.
And a band of demons joined his cause,
As his ships went on their streak.

When the devil finished
The young men said, "Well you're pretty good old son!
Just sit right on that ship right there
And let us show you how it's done."

They sailed fire 'round the island
Run mates, run.
The devil's in the house of the Ruby Sun.
Brontes in the palace hoardin' the poe .
Can the minions keep it,
No mates, no.

The devil bowed his head,
Because he knew that he'd been beat;
And he laid that golden isle
On the ground and Jacky's feet.

Jacky said, "Devil just come on back
If you ever wanna try again.
I done told you once you son of a tart
I'm the best there's ever been!"

They sailed fire 'round the island
Run mates, run.
The devil's in the house of the Ruby Sun.
Brontes in the palace hoardin' the poe.
Can the minions keep it,
No mates, no.

Congratulations to Tyr's Own for keeping the Jewel of Jorvik in player hands.
Don't get to comfy though and start putting in new curtains just yet.
----------------------------------------
A Phoenix Warrior
Lord of Tyr's Own
YPPedia Admin

[Mar 25, 2006 8:33:19 PM]

From this Intent post / Threat/ Event
by Artemis

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=33296&offset=0

And so, in the true spirit of democracy I'm going to hand over the decision into your hands. Win at the blockade of Jorvik and the island is yours to do with as you wish. Lose and Hades' Curse will go into effect and will remain thus for the next age of Puzzle Pirates.

Continuing from here: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=33286

Note: Poem appears near the end.

There used to be amazing history of Jorvik posted on the island.
It was wiped when the BK took it over. Although, promised to replace.. weelll...

Ahh the days of hide ye poe all over the ocean in buried treasure chests.. Attacking ships winning poe out of your pocket...12 and 24 hour blockades.. no pay either for jobbers...Political rings and alliances really meant something.

Players naving into the new and intriguing realms of the game. Legends written on the Driftwood of Time.

Greenwolf and Robertdonald...

Beyond the wisps of Barney's sails..
Are ye sailing high and broad!
Do ye smell the air..
Feel the grit of the salt.
Does 000 have theKey to your Vault!

Thank ye for the Art Work and the inspiration to do a lil searching.

The Curse of Jorvik
----------------------------------------
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Aug 7, 2010 8:44:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates