• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 74
Posts: 74   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9852 times and has 73 replies Next Thread
shadowmassey

Winter in August (winter solstice intent)

It's been miserably hot upon the deck of our ship.
So we set forth once again to embark on a trip.

Our fire has been burning and Barney wont seem to go away.
So we are cooling off on Winter this Saturday.

Treasure haul and raffles, chilled rum all around.
In the midst of our fun a new governor will be crowned.

Come one and come all, lets cool off and have fun.
With great mates like you Barney's reign will soon be done.

Details:
when... noon game time Saturday 8/7

where... Winter Solstice

jc's..... Mmhmm and Headcounter

raffle ?... YES!!!! tons of great prizes including clothes , furn, ships and more!!! (all new or good) Tickets only 500 each or 3 for 1k /Pay longshadow from the start of the block till 30 mins after the block is over

pay... 300 per seg. pulse TH and bonuses

Looking forward to seeing you all there!
----------------------------------------
Fearsumfire
Queen of Burning Vengance
SO of Cosa Nostra
[Edit 1 times, last edit by shadowmassey at Aug 6, 2010 12:03:24 PM]
[Aug 6, 2010 12:01:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Immaboss

Re: Winter in August (winter solstice intent)

1 ticket to every jobber per round? Will be there providing i have the time.
Immastar on Meridian and Cerulean
[Aug 6, 2010 12:16:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadowmassey

aye lol... forgot that part... 1 free per round per jobber
Fearsumfire
SO of Cosa Nostra
[Aug 6, 2010 12:18:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadow1208

And we are also giving away a Frosty Sloop per round in random drawings.
Headcounter on Midnight
Princess of Burning Vengance
[Aug 6, 2010 5:30:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jtripiano [Link]  Go to top 
Springheel

good luck mates!
blah blah blah
[Aug 6, 2010 6:28:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

I think this is by far your best intent post. Nice job. :)
Sprngweather & Picory
[Aug 7, 2010 1:06:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
waterdropp

I hope I get a "good" condition ship!!
[Aug 7, 2010 1:56:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeepNine

Great job today to all of Burning Vengance. You wanted it more than either Barnabas or we did, and it showed. Good game!
Nine of Tyr's Own
Currently on loan to: Dies Irae
[Aug 7, 2010 3:19:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadow1208

Thanks to all our wonderful jobbers we couldnt of done it without you and also to TO for giving us a good game and a good scare in the second round.
Check back tomorrow for the winners of our raffle
Headcounter on Midnight
Princess of Burning Vengance
[Aug 7, 2010 5:22:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jtripiano [Link]  Go to top 
shadowmassey

i would like to first say ty to all that came out to suport us... we had a lot of fun freeing winter

i also want to thank TO for making sure we had a grand fight to win it.

sry it took so long to get the raffel list together but i have been realy busy... winners are as fallows

Alohura... choice of frost class or regular sloop
Raucousred.... regular sloop
Ladyweed.... wine chroma
Truvie.... 2k gift card to Hen's Den on cranberry
Skipkiller....atlantean band (choice of color)
Vampcat.... atlantean band (choice of color)
Lilmissemo... crossed spears (good looks green/gold)
Branboy... bench with back...new
Immastar... small dog unnamed
Phoney.... fancy book desk.. new
Yetidave.... tall hemp stack new
Boochedbooty.... wall lamp...new
Geenie ..... choice of 2 trinkets from trinket chest
Dedted... choice of 2 trinkets from trinket chest
Jesst... male chainmail atl/navy..good
Blahblouh... male wig navy/atl...good
Alohura... bodice blue/white ...good
Blythenelly... set of 4 new stools
Omphale... curvy shelf... new
Persnickety... ship in a bottle ... good
Yearbook....table scales..new
Cato... rum barrel..new
Reoko...potted plant... new
Jackdaniels... pick and shovel..new
Lunatic...tall fetish.. good
Kingofwaves... dye barrel.. new

congrats.. find me ingame to claim your prizes

oh and sry waterdrop... all we had was new and old sloops.. none in good condition lol

once again ty all and keep watching for BV's next blok!!!
Fearsumfire
SO of Cosa Nostra
[Aug 8, 2010 3:42:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

I like how BV adds TWO shipyards, both in horrible locations. They completely ruined the square that had formed by the docks when they slammed a SY in the middle. And then another?
/e feels another Nu coming on.
[Aug 11, 2010 9:56:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
davsbrander

I like how BV adds TWO shipyards, both in horrible locations. They completely ruined the square that had formed by the docks when they slammed a SY in the middle. And then another?
/e feels another Nu coming on.

The one behind the palace isn't so bad, but the one in the middle of the square is pretty obnoxious. It obscures the well!

Gonna do something about it?

~Davs
Davsbrander
[Aug 11, 2010 10:06:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedShadow2

The one behind the palace isn't so bad, but the one in the middle of the square is pretty obnoxious. It obscures the well!

I agree. The one behind the Palace isnt a big deal. Its the one in the middle of the square thats pretty terrible.

Things like wells and fountains are rare in the game so its nice when they are in a place where you can see them.
Only reason I can think of building a shoppe in that location would be if building anywhere on grass part of the island would of reduced commodity spams. In which case it probably would of been better to not build the shoppe at all.
RedShadow - Cerulean

Spot Collector! Always Willing to Buy/Trade - My List of Boats (Google Doc.)

Cerulean Boat Collectors List (Google Doc.)
[Aug 11, 2010 11:42:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Preppy27

Gonna do something about it?

Blockade!!!
Blinginbooty on Cerulean.

Seemed like a good idea at the time!!!
[Aug 11, 2010 11:45:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

I don't understand why people are getting upset. BV had easily twice as many jobbers as TO did. What did you all think was going to happen when you decided to job for them?
Sprngweather & Picory
[Edit 2 times, last edit by sprngweather at Aug 11, 2010 12:23:26 PM]
[Aug 11, 2010 12:01:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

What the flying scupper?

I'm too pissed off to post coherently now. If that shipyard is built I will fight against BV for the entirety of its existence.
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Aug 11, 2010 12:03:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

If that shipyard is built I will fight against BV for the entirety of its existence.

Blockade!!!

Can't wait.
[Aug 11, 2010 1:03:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

What did you all think was going to happen when you decided to job for them?

I wasn't around for the blockade so I didn't job for them, but I certainly wouldn't have expected them to just blatantly regard any respect for aesthetics. I understand that BV wanted a shipyard, but they should've put theirs behind the palace and then just not built the other one.

Blockade!!!

Please do. I'm willing to help anyone who blockades Winter this weekend.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Aug 11, 2010 1:25:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

I'm willing to help anyone who blockades Winter this weekend.

intent art please.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pixulayted at Aug 11, 2010 1:44:16 PM]
[Aug 11, 2010 1:44:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

Art will be produced. Also, it sounds like a flag has stepped up to blockade.

Furthermore, Redbeard (owner of the shipyard placed behind the palace) is now a member of BV. Fearsumfire, please enlighten us as to why two shipyards for one flag on the same island was necessary?
Prince of Universe A
[Aug 11, 2010 2:21:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Neonila

Art will be produced. Also, it sounds like a flag has stepped up to blockade.

Furthermore, Redbeard (owner of the shipyard placed behind the palace) is now a member of BV. Fearsumfire, please enlighten us as to why two shipyards for one flag on the same island was necessary?

Oh thats a problem? Of all the things that people do or fail to do for an island the issue is building another shipyard? I think I'll stroll around see what islands have ugly painted palaces with no pretty furni.

Ok, so were pirates and a lame reason is a reason ... i'll be with BV hopefully yell get a good fight :P
Alniyat,
Booching Blaggards -> http://dirac.dynalias.com/bb/

If the Fish Rumour Mongers had their way, we'd be dropping on everything.
I dropped a plate the other day. Does that count?
-- Missiep --

[Aug 11, 2010 2:32:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://neonila.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

I think I'll stroll around see what islands have ugly painted palaces with no pretty furni.

BV has turned winter into an ugly* island with no pretty fountain, and a shipyard that looks out of place.

*not really ugly, just saying to prove my point.
[Aug 11, 2010 2:54:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Neonila

I think I'll stroll around see what islands have ugly painted palaces with no pretty furni.

BV has turned winter into an ugly* island with no pretty fountain, and a shipyard that looks out of place.

*not really ugly, just saying to prove my point.

I went for a stroll around the island the other day, as many pirates do (stupid shortcuts to buildings who uses them?) n was horrified by the lack of a fountain! then I realised that the previous island owners were not taking care of it and it was filled with stagnant smelly water! BV tore that blight down and now my pirate can breathe the fresh air whenever she walks (yes all you unbelievers we walk around the island already!) around.
Alniyat,

-- Missiep --

[Aug 11, 2010 3:09:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://neonila.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

I'm sorry, but there's a difference between you making up some story about "stagnant smelly water" and a building being placed in the middle of the town square.
Prince of Universe A
[Aug 11, 2010 3:18:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Springheel

Like it or not, aesthetics are a pretty big deal when it comes to owning islands, and what was done shows a lack of respect for flags that have built the original islands with a plan in hand. Especially for islands in Diamond. Have y'all seen the amount of effort put into cleaning up Cnossos from the disaster it started out as?
blah blah blah
[Aug 11, 2010 3:22:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Neonila

So to sum up, island aesthetics are important but island economy not that much. Thats what I gather from an earlier post I made bout islands being not stocked. Blockade a flag that adds a shoppe in the wrong place (did you try talking to the flag about positioning it elsewhere? at least they want to do something with the island other than let it rott) but do not blockade a flag that does nothing for the island, leaving its beauty untouched, since really its the merchands responsibility? As for the stagnant smelly water really make up a story to blockade and its just fine. Don't tell me its the fountain. Blame the developpers that permit building in that place, talk to the flag or just admit its an excuse to blockade (though why youd make up an excuse for a blockade I can't understand, just attack if you feel like it)
Alniyat,

-- Missiep --

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Neonila at Aug 11, 2010 3:35:38 PM]
[Aug 11, 2010 3:29:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://neonila.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Killermorgan

History strikes back
"if you can't play nice, don't play at all."
[Aug 11, 2010 3:31:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

just admit its an excuse to blockade (though why youd make up an excuse for a blockade I can't understand, just attck if you feel like it)

It's not "an excuse for a blockade". I wasn't even thinking about blockading BV, nor did I have any problems with BV owning an island, until I saw where they stuck the shipyard. To my knowledge, no one else was either, especially not the flag that will be blockading Winter this weekend. No one "made up an excuse", this is actually irritating people.

Since you brought it up, I'll go ahead and say it here, and also try to catch Fearsumfire in game:

Burning Vengance, I, Culliford, respectfully request that you cease construction of the shipyard known as ShipTease, remove the construction site from the island, and refrain from constructing any buildings on Winter Solstice that are aesthetically displeasing. Failure to do so will result in a blockade of Winter Solstice this weekend in effort to prevent the placement of any more shoppes in unpleasant locations. Compensation from myself for sunk costs on the current construction site may be provided at my discretion at the successful removal of the aforementioned construction site.
Prince of Universe A
[Aug 11, 2010 3:47:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Neonila

just admit its an excuse to blockade (though why youd make up an excuse for a blockade I can't understand, just attck if you feel like it)

It's not "an excuse for a blockade". I wasn't even thinking about blockading BV, nor did I have any problems with BV owning an island, until I saw where they stuck the shipyard. To my knowledge, no one else was either, especially not the flag that will be blockading Winter this weekend. No one "made up an excuse", this is actually irritating people.

Since you brought it up, I'll go ahead and say it here, and also try to catch Fearsumfire in game:

Burning Vengance, I, Culliford, respectfully request that you cease construction of the shipyard known as ShipTease, remove the construction site from the island, and refrain from constructing any buildings on Winter Solstice that are aesthetically displeasing. Failure to do so will result in a blockade of Winter Solstice this weekend in effort to prevent the placement of any more shoppes in unpleasant locations. Compensation from myself for sunk costs on the current construction site may be provided at my discretion at the successful removal of the aforementioned construction site.

Parley! Much better :)
Alniyat,

-- Missiep --

[Aug 11, 2010 3:49:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://neonila.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

Burning Vengance, I, Culliford, respectfully request that you cease construction of the shipyard known as ShipTease, remove the construction site from the island, and refrain from constructing any buildings on Winter Solstice that are aesthetically displeasing. Failure to do so will result in a blockade of Winter Solstice this weekend in effort to prevent the placement of any more shoppes in unpleasant locations.

I second this.
[Aug 11, 2010 3:57:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 74   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates