• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 74
Posts: 74   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9749 times and has 73 replies Next Thread
Neonila

Re: Winter in August (winter solstice intent)

I am sure that if it were TO <snip> that misplaced a SY it would be handled without the "witchhunt" attitude.

I expect that's because you would never see a shipyard misplaced by TO. The public square placement is why we never built a pirate attraction on Winter back when they first came out and people expected the attractions to be worth having as a public good.

That said, I am secretly delighted to see actions being done that lead to more blockading on the ocean.

... and because you would be politically disinclined to commit midnight suicide. Tiz easier to attack the weaker and stay safely hidden in the mob.
----------------------------------------
Alniyat,
Booching Blaggards -> http://dirac.dynalias.com/bb/

If the Fish Rumour Mongers had their way, we'd be dropping on everything.
I dropped a plate the other day. Does that count?
-- Missiep --

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Neonila at Aug 12, 2010 10:56:39 AM]
[Aug 12, 2010 10:54:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://neonila.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Honestly, this sounds like one of those "you'd think different if it was you getting banned" posts, from someone who doesn't get that some players are mature, responsible and clueful enough to not do anything that gets them in trouble in the first place.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Aug 12, 2010 11:00:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Neonila

Honestly, this sounds like one of those "you'd think different if it was you getting banned" posts, from someone who doesn't get that some players are mature, responsible and clueful enough to not do anything that gets them in trouble in the first place.

Aye, indeed.
Alniyat,

-- Missiep --

[Aug 12, 2010 11:16:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://neonila.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

You wouldn't see those flags misplace buildings like this, so there wouldn't be any threads/blockades over it.

Also, I talked with Fearsumfire immediately after I posted my request, so I know they've had time to read it. I also talked again with her briefly after the intent post went up.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Aug 12, 2010 11:19:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Springheel

Picklebits said:

Midnight clearly needed more shipyards on an island that is 10+ leagues from a decent wood source.

I'm putting on as serious as a face as I can when I say that but I always end up looking like the cute doll in my avatar. :(

Midnight just needs an island that's nothing but shipyards. Vridian, show us the way.
blah blah blah
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Springheel at Aug 12, 2010 12:44:00 PM]
[Aug 12, 2010 12:42:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeepNine

Tiz easier to attack the weaker and stay safely hidden in the mob.

That's what we're famous for, after all.

It's been awhile since BV was active. I'd say I was surprised it took all of four days of having them back for everyone to get their hate on, but I'd be lying.
Nine of Tyr's Own
Currently on loan to: Dies Irae
[Aug 12, 2010 3:37:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AtariRaccoon

Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it.
Those who DO study History are inspired to reproduce it.

*GONG*
Your daily Zen
Murasaki, the most interesting man on Midnight

"I don't always finish my signatures, but when I do
[Aug 12, 2010 7:43:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dionysos_PP

Following this thread, I had initially thought that Rated Arr, Booching Blaggards are close personal ally of BV who would stand behind their every acts without scrutinising if there's any wrongdoing involved until I read Xule's post:
linchpin_1 wrote: 

I still don't get why the game mechanics allow for easily erecting buildings yet make it so out of the way complicated to tear one down. If a flag can win a blockade and put up a bunch of buildings in the next 7 days before anyone has a chance to stop them, shouldn't we be allowed to win the island the next weekend and destroy said buildings?

agreed about tearing down or retracing deeds!

I read that as Xule's agreeing that those 2 shoppes shouldn't have been built as he agree that they either be removed or the deeds retraced

In response to this post from Alniyat:
Neonila wrote: 

I am sure that if it were TO <snip> that misplaced a SY it would be handled without the "witchhunt" attitude.

I expect that's because you would never see a shipyard misplaced by TO. The public square placement is why we never built a pirate attraction on Winter back when they first came out and people expected the attractions to be worth having as a public good.

That said, I am secretly delighted to see actions being done that lead to more blockading on the ocean.

... and because you would be politically disinclined to commit midnight suicide. Tiz easier to attack the weaker and stay safely hidden in the mob.

Didn't Tyr's Own recently attempted to take Jorvik away from Dies Irae?

I just couldn't see where this is coming from:

Tiz easier to attack the weaker and stay safely hidden in the mob

For one, Dies Irae is not weak

Secondly, TO's Ragnarok adventure is not exactly popular with most of the population although they do have their share of supporters. This goes to show that Tyr's Own don't hide among the so-called "mobs" and they did do stuffs that aren't "popular"

I do not mean to single out Alniyat but it did appear that she is passionately defending BV's act on building those 2 shoppes with no regards to whether there is any slightest wrong and lash out at those who scrutinise BV

Perhaps this is what parley is all about? Posts are more personal and emotional rather than logical and common sense?

I apologise for any ill feelings that may arise from my post but I'm commenting from 3rd party perspective who neither support nor condemn BV's act of building a shoppe which would be affecting the island's aesthetic

Anyone can, if they want, build anything on any island that they won. Likewise anyone can also blockade in an attempt to reverse or stop the construction of any shoppe that they feel is inappropriate
[Aug 12, 2010 8:44:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

Dear Midnight Parley,

Please stop saying "tiz" so much. It make me more confused than usual.

Much love,

~Tiz
i mean ~Tzz
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Aug 12, 2010 9:01:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Neonila

Following this thread, I had initially thought that Rated Arr, Booching Blaggards are close personal ally of BV who would stand behind their every acts without scrutinising if there's any wrongdoing involved until I read Xule's post:
linchpin_1 wrote: 

I still don't get why the game mechanics allow for easily erecting buildings yet make it so out of the way complicated to tear one down. If a flag can win a blockade and put up a bunch of buildings in the next 7 days before anyone has a chance to stop them, shouldn't we be allowed to win the island the next weekend and destroy said buildings?

agreed about tearing down or retracing deeds!

I read that as Xule's agreeing that those 2 shoppes shouldn't have been built as he agree that they either be removed or the deeds retraced

In response to this post from Alniyat:
Neonila wrote: 

Didn't Tyr's Own recently attempted to take Jorvik away from Dies Irae?

I just couldn't see where this is coming from:

Tiz easier to attack the weaker and stay safely hidden in the mob

For one, Dies Irae is not weak

Secondly, TO's Ragnarok adventure is not exactly popular with most of the population although they do have their share of supporters. This goes to show that Tyr's Own don't hide among the so-called "mobs" and they did do stuffs that aren't "popular"

I do not mean to single out Alniyat but it did appear that she is passionately defending BV's act on building those 2 shoppes with no regards to whether there is any slightest wrong and lash out at those who scrutinise BV

Perhaps this is what parley is all about? Posts are more personal and emotional rather than logical and common sense?

I apologise for any ill feelings that may arise from my post but I'm commenting from 3rd party perspective who neither support nor condemn BV's act of building a shoppe which would be affecting the island's aesthetic

Anyone can, if they want, build anything on any island that they won. Likewise anyone can also blockade in an attempt to reverse or stop the construction of any shoppe that they feel is inappropriate

Whatever I posted is my personal opinion. It seemed like a hasty jump to attack on a pretext. Not discussing that just clarifying. Also about the TO part cause I think you're the third person that pointed that out. The way I intended it was:

Neonila wrote: 
Sweetie wrote: 
Neonila wrote: 
I am sure you wouldn't attack TO if they put the SY
You wouldn't attack TO cause they don't missplace SY
... and you one also wouldn't attack TO cause they're a big flag.

Fixed? =)
Alniyat,

-- Missiep --

[Edit 5 times, last edit by Neonila at Aug 13, 2010 4:23:20 AM]
[Aug 13, 2010 4:10:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://neonila.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
bdull

Sweetie wrote:

Liar. There's nothing secret about your delight regarding said actions that have said effect. :P
--Lazylubber
Lord of Crimson Tide on Midnight
Former governor of Midsummer
Not retired, but playing less than some who are

Avatar awesomeness by Shortyjack!
[Aug 13, 2010 10:34:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Dammit, I thought that very thing as I wrote it. :-)
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 13, 2010 10:44:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhapzodi

dionysos_PP wrote:

Following this thread, I had initially thought that Rated Arr, Booching Blaggards are close personal ally of BV who would stand behind their every acts without scrutinising if there's any wrongdoing involved,...

ah hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! This made me laugh so hard I almost spit coffee on the computer screen! (ok, ok...so maybe only a handful will see why that is so funny to me...but hey! at least Im not the only one who will find that comment hysterically inacurate!) =)

Thanks for the giggle! I needed it! =D
Rhapzody says, "Would someone tell me again WHY we call them EX's?"
Jthebear says, "X, what you put on the map so you can tell the police where the body is as part of your plea agreement......"
[Aug 13, 2010 5:04:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

This shipyard is an affront to all senses, including common. I'll be jobbing for Capsized tomorrow, like all pirates of decency and class.
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Aug 13, 2010 8:41:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 74   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates