• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 29
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17699 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
lord_oll

A couple of suggestions for Crimson.

1. OK, Blockades, one of the major issues (in my opinion) with crimson is the lack of competitive blockades, and "owning an island" is one of the main goals for people on Puzzle Pirates. My suggestion for this is a system similar to what we have on ice, where the player owned islands are changed on alternate months in an event blockade. So on Crimson, if you win the event blockade then you take control of the island, for say, a month. After a month, there is another event and the island changes hands again. There are many options for this aswell, with limiting the numbers of buildings allowed to be built etc.

2. Building rent, anybody who has tried to own a stall on crimson, it is extremely difficult to break even with the rent due to the lack of population, and therefore the lack of people buying things. This could easily be sorted by lowering the building rent (speaking especially for tailors here)

Thanks for reading, feel free to comment
----------------------------------------
Crimson Sloop Races!

Okaw on Hunter and Crimson
Darkollie on Cobalt
Okaw or Darkollie on the other oceans when I occasionally visit.
[Aug 4, 2010 11:14:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Freaks87

Re: A couple of suggestions for Crimson.

1. OK, Blockades, one of the major issues (in my opinion) with crimson is the lack of competitive blockades, and "owning an island" is one of the main goals for people on Puzzle Pirates. My suggestion for this is a system similar to what we have on ice, where the player owned islands are changed on alternate months in an event blockade. So on Crimson, if you win the event blockade then you take control of the island, for say, a month. After a month, there is another event and the island changes hands again. There are many options for this aswell, with limiting the numbers of buildings allowed to be built etc.

Could be good

2. Building rent, anybody who has tried to own a stall on crimson, it is extremely difficult to break even with the rent due to the lack of population, and therefore the lack of people buying things. This could easily be sorted by lowering the building rent (speaking especially for tailors here)

Thanks for reading, feel free to comment

That would be nice for the stall owners off crimson, seeing as the times I have played it has seemed hard for stall owners to make a profit, or evenget the amount that they paid for the stall.
[Aug 4, 2010 11:51:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lord_oll

YES!!

100% approval rating so far!
Crimson Sloop Races!

Darkollie on Cobalt
[Aug 4, 2010 1:53:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

That would be nice for the stall owners off crimson, seeing as the times I have played it has seemed hard for stall owners to make a profit, or evenget the amount that they paid for the stall.

It might be good for Crimson but it is not good for the other oceans.

The reason many players struggle to make a profit in stalls on the main oceans is that a lot of people sell at a loss, either they forge to include the cost of their alts labour badges, or they sell dockside without adding the tax or just keep lowering the price if they are not the cheapest not even knowing wht there production costs are.

I good businesspirate can take advantage of these or find a way around them, before I got bored running it my apoth my by far my largest source of income.

Low taxes on stalls will just increase the number of stalls and the amount of competition probably making it even harder to make a profit.
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Aug 4, 2010 1:59:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

Would blockade events really make a difference on an ocean where having 20 players logged on at once is apparently well above average? You'd end up with a sloop or dhow PVP.
On hiatus. :(
[Aug 4, 2010 5:19:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

The problem with Crimson is that almost all of the people who 'should' be playing on it are going to join a 'real' ocean and pretend to be 13, and I don't think any amount of putting features back is likely to change that.

While it's unlikely that you'd even load more than two ships at the moment, I think organising a blockade (and understanding and being up to all the preparation and time commitments) is probably beyond 8-12 year olds.

Point 2 is really a symptom of Crimson being a failure, and there's not really much point trying to address it directly. (Stall taxes are already lower on lower population islands.)
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Aug 4, 2010 5:29:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

Was it ever officially taken out of beta, by the way? It's not necessarily a failure if it's never been promoted heavily, though obviously low community interest isn't encouraging.
On hiatus. :(
[Aug 4, 2010 6:06:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mystrelia

Crimson needs something but I really don't think blockades are the answer. More habited islands would be a good thing but there are very valid concerns raised in this thread.

I play Crimson occasionally with my son. We are members of a "crew" that's headed up by a very sharp and ambitious 10-year-old. If this girl had her way Crimson would be hopping. Tonight my son and I logged on and took a look at the crew issues. She had over a half-dozen members up for being booted because they've gone dormant.

I love the idea behind Crimson but in my opinion PP is too involved for most children. My son loves to play (he's twelve) and is sharp enough but even he doesn't have the commitment to play frequently or for long periods of time (we may play for an hour once a week). I also have an idea he's just biding his time there for the next six months until he turns thirteen and can move over to one of the regular oceans with my daughter and me.

Then there's the aspect of how many times does a kid have to get beat on pillages before they throw up their hands and give up? My son has a sloop and we went out this evening with a couple of swabbies. We were tired and out for fun more than winning so out of six or eight battles we won two. We were laughing and having a great time of it, but most kids would have been fed up and walked off after getting trounced a couple of times.

I think another part of the problem is the economy. The real world economy affects an ocean's economy. I play pirates on two oceans and can't afford to pay real money for everyone's doubloons for everything. We do spend some money on doubs but it isn't a lot and it isn't often. This means we're depending on someone else's pocketbook to be able to play this game. This causes problems in that none of us want to buy a labor badge because that's five doubloons that could be put to better use elsewhere. At between 3,000 and 4,000 PoE per doubloon, a labor badge is unprofitable because even if a person is the best player on an ocean not all of their labor is going to go toward the highest-paid work.

For me what Crimson has become is mainly something I've wanted for a long time: an ocean I can mess around on with my kid, and one I can log onto just to goof around with various puzzles from time to time without booching everything.
[Aug 5, 2010 11:48:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

2 things:

Game design /Economy:
Taking an awesome game and removing bits leaves only the pieces scattered in the wind.
To appeal to younger kids.. someone at 000 needed to do some homework first.
There are lots of ways to do this.. already suggested.
The problem seems to be one of shifting paradyms at 000.

Holding on to adult ocean thinking for dear life ..in order to.. (which is never good) keep consistency is one thing. Not having the resources to fill out /create a depth and set up aimed at children is another.

Adults from other oceans are a curse and pure gold. For them to make Crimson worthwhile They sell their off ocean Dubs at hugely inflated prices. On Purpose.. 'Cause they Can.

5k for a dub is not supply and demand from within this oceans economy. This is a serious problem well discussed in other threads as it was recognized from the very start.

No 'family' can survive here on the dub club dubs alone. Just to buy a ship , a plant, and chair .. is months of saving and work no Adult Ocean Casual Player would be expected endure.

Blockades:
Om's have been kind enough to set up blockade events when requested.

One ship showing up is awesome. I have seen the following as well.
Two ships with one ship off ocean experienced players takes about 5 minutes to sink the kids ship just trying to maneuver around the board for the first time.

Block over.

Although Seeing your name as Governor on an island is probably 98 percent of what may attract the kids in that direction. Attaching the regular ocean responsibilities to it is .. err shall we say ' worse than Ice repercussions'.

Altering what owning an island included so that it's appeal was child level simple.. might help.

I know several of the off ocean Miners who come dig Crimson gold who love to run ramshod over the kids just to be the first name.. and try it out.

An Outpost somewhere between Dragon and Lima where one could purchase a couple of the more elusive maps may encourage more travel around the arch without the fear of getting stranded by dusted maps, friend who charted does not show up when ye on for weeks .. or ye ran out of cb.

Waits for Faulkston to come lock this thread and suggest / move it to the exisiting threads in the "Proper" places... sigh...
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Aug 9, 2010 5:46:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mystrelia

The points about doubs, I agree whole-heartedly. My son came up with an idea that I think might work, and that's to put a cap on the price of doubs. He suggested 2,000 PoE per doub and to me that sounds reasonable.

No matter whether a person is buying doubs with real money or buying them from others who have purchased them with real money they still have a value that to my mind is based on the price of a labor badge. If I can earn 15,000 PoE per month off of one labor badge, then the value of doubloons to buy that labor badge is based accordingly in my mind. If someone has to pay 20,000 PoE to get the doubloons needed for a labor badge that will earn them 15,000 in return what are they going to do? They're not going to buy a labor badge. What happens when no one has labor badges?

If you figure a kid might be able to pay for the doubloon club, that kid is getting twenty doubloons per month. One officer's badge is almost half the amount of doubloons they got for the month. Add to that a labor badge, and they have seven doubloons left over. That's not much to try to keep a pirate in clothes and weapons.

Ah well, that's enough of my ramblings. I have my doubts that anything will be done to give Crimson the boost it needs. *shrugs*
[Aug 9, 2010 8:56:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

If there's a cap on the (PoE) price of doubloons at the exchange, then it should follow that there's a cap on the total amount of PoE in the ocean? Even if there isn't, players might bypass the exchange and seek more favorable (to the doubloon seller) exchange rates privately.

EDIT: Even worse, Crimson might become a source of cheap doubloons for players on the other doubloon oceans.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Aug 10, 2010 6:32:49 PM]
[Aug 9, 2010 10:25:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

If there's a cap on the (PoE) price of doubloons at the exchange, then it should follow that there's a cap on the total amount of PoE in the ocean? Even if there isn't, players might bypass the exchange and seek more favorable (to the doubloon seller) exchange rates privately.

EDIT: Even worse, Crimson might become a source of cheap doubloons for players on the other doubloon oceans.

Bypass the exchange already happens. It's been discussed before in here as a problem.

Please explain how you got from dub Xchange offer cap .. to total ocean poe cap. I am missing the information on ocean set up. Or thinking about the information differently.

Re : Edit:
Shakes head and giggles.. I don't know which is worse. Pirates mining cheapdubloons on other oceans and coming here and using them.. or vice versa.

Or this as well.
Adult pirates taking their kids to the adult oceans.. -allowable under the law..and playing there-cheaper to just buy a few dubs and then work for the rest. Besides.. is more fun there too.

Or this...
Allowing adults from production oceans to come over and inflate dubs to 5k a piece and have a monopoly on everything with their off ocean dubs and the the profitthey get from dubs mined here gives them all the poe they want to play here. without costing them anything.

While the Kids who are forced to stay here.. do not have that opportunity and are forced to accept that the adults make it just about impossible to play here for any goals.. unless ye parents are willing to fork out to buy way more than the dub club dubs for ye.
Somehow.. This is not a two way street. The people the ocean was made for must survive in crimson only. While everyone else ./. well

I caught a scammer the day on Crimson. Had a neat plan for how he would loan and pay me back. A young kid would easily fall for it
... I warned him.
He deleted pirate.

And after all is said and done.. this is still in test mode.. So anything we aquire or do with our paid for dubs can go poof at any time. Even tho we may have paid real cash for the dubs to purchase them.. Nothing actually belongs to US.
Now that's real incentive to play Crimson.

At least with a Sub.. Ye are only paying for the privelge of playing.
Wildsrose Of:

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by REJBELLS at Aug 11, 2010 1:01:45 PM]
[Aug 10, 2010 8:55:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
legoking1235

Why not scrap dubs on this ocean and put in a different currency that could be strictly for "Family Oceans." That way there is no way to get dubs from crimson cheaply and use them on another ocean.

I know I have posted this multiple times but I want to see this ocean work and there are things that need to be improved upon before this ocean can become fully functional.

Edit: Since the currency of this game is mostly Spanish based (Poe and dubloons) why not swap dubloons out and use Real's or something in their place.

Cephalopod greeter chats, "I think... I think I might cry"

Gaea says, "I'm in yer ship, makin typos in yer rename."

[Edit 1 times, last edit by legoking1235 at Aug 11, 2010 4:48:08 AM]
[Aug 11, 2010 4:45:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

REJBELLS wrote: 
Please explain how you got from dub Xchange offer cap .. to total ocean poe cap. I am missing the information on ocean set up. Or thinking about the information differently.

Doubloon exchange offer cap limits inflation of the exchange rate. Capping the ocean PoE limits the PoE to doubloon ratio to some max value, thereby combating inflation in the exchange rate, at the exchange or via pirate to pirate exchange (as in my later edit).
[Aug 11, 2010 6:32:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Warning to general forum Prowlers:
Do NOT Read if long post bother ye.

REJBELLS wrote: 

Doubloon exchange offer cap limits inflation of the exchange rate. Capping the ocean PoE limits the PoE to doubloon ratio to some max value, thereby combating inflation in the exchange rate, at the exchange or via pirate to pirate exchange (as in my later edit).

Faulkston , I am honestly having trouble getting my brain around this one.

Are You saying that:
?
If-- A cap is put on the dub exchange.
Then, a balancing cap -must- be put on the amount amount of poe allowed by the game mechanics to be on the ocean.

Meaning , less payouts for winning battles on pillages, payment for fruit, tournament payouts, navy earnings.etc..
Also, affecting the rent/tax on stalls ( which also considers island population), amounts won by the bots in battles, difficulty ramp to might rate of ships, difficulty levels of league points etc.

... with the purpose of balancing poe to dub ratios on a particular ocean.

?
Are You saying dub exchange cap and poe cap MUST happen together or are 2 separate ways to handle an ocean's economic balance act.

?
Are you saying that...since the dub exchange is allowed to offer pirates purchasing dubs on Crimson to pay the 'hovering at 5k 'per dub cost that this allows the game mechanics to have more poe paid out in the above listed scenarios.

?
Dubs offered for Crimson Pirates to Purchase (with an amount of game poe They worked for governed by the balancing mechanics) on the Crimson Exchange are Dubs originally paid for with real cash .(known already)

What is the ratio of dubs:
- bought by Crimson ONLY pirates with real cash that are then offered for sale on the Crimson Exchange;
-to dubs bought directly from 000 on a specific pirate from another ocean and then offered for sale on the crimson Exchange;
-to dubs bought with poe earned by non- real -cash - paying pirates on another ocean that are then being sold on Crimson exchange?
- to a locked- in -to- Crimson -only Pirate?
-to pirates with other ocean access?

?
Max Value:
Poe to Dub ratio.
By Limiting what amount of poe is released to the ocean.
(Available to be earned by pirates)
Produces the result of.. individual pirates have less poe.. so cannot afford to pay past a certain point for dubs offered at the exchange.
End result supposedly being that dubs offered at too high a rate do not get purchased ..

P. S. Of Those offering lower cost dubs for sale underground -includes a group who are also mining those who cannot afford to pay the exchange cost. Aso a desperate group trying to acquire dubs any way they can .

Grins:
What we are missing is the desperate poker player willing to part with something of value/dubs quickly .. lol

OK..
So who is buying the inflated dubs on Crimson?

Mechanics question:
When I attempted to offer some dubs for sale .. the mechanics would not allow me to offer a lower price than the current lowest offer.
This seems to mean that until all the dubs already offered are sold and there is nothing on the exchange prices are not lowerable ( a higher offer is shown next.. and then the next higher cost offer etc.)
-which is the only way to offer dubs for sale.
This is the way the poe-mining pirates are keeping the dubs inflated ?
Thus keeping a monopoly on the available cash in play around the ocean.
This allows them to capture the greater amount of available poe and use it for ther own choices.
Not so bad ..

Problem:
Until ye remember that legitimate Locked -on -to -Crimson pirates
:who have NO access to the cheaper dubs earned on the regular ocean,
:who are playing the game without the benefit of other 'family' poe/cash input
-are put in the impossible position of acquiring sufficient amounts -- of the then limited by the monopolizing pirates allowing of game poe in flow
- to do the limited amount of game play already in place..
..limiting them to even less access to possible game play available
--and thus lowering their enjoyment prospects... etc etc etc..

Re: Cheaper dub Miners:

If -- we had cheaper dubs for sale on the exchnge than other oceans allowing pirates from other oceans to come to Crimson to earn ocean poe to turn in at the exchange on Crimson for 'cheaper dubs' ..Is it possible that may bring -more -pirates to Crimson?

Would this then increase the numbers of pirates on the ocean.. who just might offer pillages .. or forage pay.. who just might buy a few items here and there with some of the poe they earn here..such as a ship to pillage with , cb's, a bandana or 2, possibly a wisk..sign on for tournaments so less poe is lost to the ocean by not enough entering the tournaments, fight skellies and zombies so that less of that poe is lost to the ocean?

?
Crimson is set up to service a population Demographic that can be parentally locked onto this ocean alone.
Along with 'other' unknown or known-to-them pirates who wished to play/support a game restricted play environment.

What percentage of those locked in here HAD people playing the regular oceans who subsidized them here when the ocean began?

What percentage of the locked in players are currently directly subsidized by players they know (family) on regular oceans with ---dubs bought there and spent here?
- dubs bought with only ocean poe.. there or here..
-or with real cash..there or here.

What percentage of locked- in -Crimson players have no outside support (family) from dubs earned/bought from other oceans that they can spend?

What percentage of those locked-on-Crimson belong to the Dub Club?

What percentage of those Locked-on- Crimson
- bought with real cash .. a quantity of dubs
- In Addition to the Club..
-Without the Club?

What percentage of Locked-on-Crimson have Never bought dubs:
-on the exchange with game poe.
-from 000 with real cash.
I realize that even -if -000 has this info.. we, as players do not, necessarily, 'need' -to know..nor are priviledged to 000 corp data.

This is our conundrum.
Players who mine Cheaper dubs from Regular Oceans who then offer those cheaper dubs at Inflated prices For Personal Profit to Players who are Locked in to Crimson Only.

Yes , in all the regular oceans this is an allowable and acceptable source of income. It does disuade the undergound selling of dubs and goods on ebay etc. It allows a player who paid real cash to pay for goods here in trade to players who are selling on game goods etc.

Is it Good For Crimson
-re the economic/mechanics balance?
-re the available game open to the locked in player.

Does it lower the possible sale of goods thru the proper interface?
Does it contribute to the already existing undergound dub exchange?
Does it contribute to the amount of abuse of mechanics and sytems/workarounds?
Does it encourage a type of game play that is
-Against the TOSS?
-Against the pirates code of conduct?
-encourages use of loopholes ?
-Not acceptable on the regular oceans?
-encourages scamming

ARRGH Training future adult pirates who graduate to the regular Oceans!!!

Please understand Faulkston. I fully support Puzzle Pirates .
I do not have all the answers..grins.. if any at all!
I pay real cash for subs And dubs and the Dub club.
I enjoy dub oceans an often buy dubs with game poe on the exchange to supplement my dubs.
I want Crimson to work.

PP offers many , many GOOD and HEALTHY:
-Life skills, education and personal developement opportunities
( both levels.. Self knowledge and Talent/interest )
-responsibily, dependability, loyalty, trustworthyness etc etc.
-ie art computor program operation to computor skills, leadership, Team work .Participation in competitions, contests, events in game and out...etc etc..

On a Global Basis!

Ok ok .. I get off me podium for the publicity and promotion campaigning for PP

Just wondering what the consequences would be to locking a demographic specific portion of each regular ocean's residents onto that ocean which the game spawned them. Period.

China ( not Singapore) and Japan come to mind. Of course.. they locked out the rest of the world.

I know this is very long.. Perhaps Pm's ?

Do I have incorrect mechanics information?

I wonder how many players mine Crimson for easy cash that means nothing to them there to buy the inflated dubs to spend on the ocean that does matter to them.

Somehow, Crimson seems to be out of sync with the overall 000 plan of the Economic Model used for the whole Game.

Now I have aheadache.. sorry if ye got one too Falkston.
Wildsrose Of:

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by REJBELLS at Aug 12, 2010 9:05:10 AM]
[Aug 12, 2010 8:05:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Capping the exchange rate at the doubloon exchange would be attempting to combat inflation in that rate. So why not attempt to combat inflation in PoE prices as well? PoE at least has the property (unlike doubloons) of only being able to be used on a particular ocean.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Aug 12, 2010 5:41:36 PM]
[Aug 12, 2010 5:40:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Cpt_ryan

Well I don't think that parents will allow there kids to do blockades as it can take up alot of time.
[Aug 12, 2010 11:00:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mlgpro.com [Link]  Go to top 
Weaponist

Well I don't think that parents will allow there kids to do blockades as it can take up alot of time.

You'd be surprised then...
Celer. Silens. Mortalis. U.S. Marine Corps 1st Force Reconnaissance Company
Operation Enduring Freedom | Operation Iraqi Freedom

~ Semper Fidelis ~

Loyalty can be found within everyone. Only the strong will find it and show it
[Aug 13, 2010 3:59:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.marines.com [Link]  Go to top 
Mystrelia

And after all is said and done.. this is still in test mode.. So anything we aquire or do with our paid for dubs can go poof at any time. Even tho we may have paid real cash for the dubs to purchase them.. Nothing actually belongs to US.
Now that's real incentive to play Crimson.

True facts. Er, wait a minute, that actually already happened to my son's pirate (and since he was a member of the GDC it shouldn't have happened). He logged on one day to find his pirate deleted. His ship was still floating around but his pirate and everything that pirate had was deleted.

Of course the nice folks at OOO helped his new pirate get his ship back and gave him an extra three months' GDC.

I forgot to check doubloon prices when I was logged on tonight so I went back and got them.

For comparison sake, Crimson and Malachite:

Crimson:

Offer to buy: 3,182

Offer to sell: 4,410

-------------------------

Malachite:

Offer to buy: 2,260

Offer to sell: 2,554

I can understand a concern of people buying doubs on oceans where they're cheaper to use on other oceans. I've done it, supplementing my doubloons by buying some on Malachite with PoE. I don't think I spent them all on Malachite because I remember helping my son outfit his sloop with a portion of them at one point.

If there are people who play on Crimson simply for the sake of earning easy PoE to spend on doubloons to take it to other oceans, then there must not be a lot of other people playing on Crimson.

Here's the thing. We are just the players, the people who enjoy the game and throw money at OOO whenever we can. We see a huge problem on Crimson. We enjoy Crimson and want it to be a viable ocean to play on. Currently it is anything but viable.

My son, even though he'll be old enough for one of the adult oceans in less than six months, still wants to play on Crimson after his birthday because he has his own boat and knows people there. (It's just my opinion but he also has a lot to learn about puzzling before moving to another ocean.) As it is, he'll be forced to abandon Crimson out of sheer desperation and move full-time to another ocean.
[Aug 15, 2010 10:05:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Winklecat

Okaw's blockade and rent suggestions are actually pretty decent ones, and the discussion of the doubloons problem does highlight another real problem that Crimson has right now; it is almost impossible to play for free, and access much content.

I must admit I get a bit cranky when pirates who do not play Crimson regularly blow it off as a failure. You could make it much more lively if you came by and applied your excellent pirating skills on Crimson!

Feel free to job with my crew, or Ouish's, or Captainryan's, or Okaw's, or Allusiveanne's, or Redfangs...I could go on, but won't...and I suspect you will find it fairly enjoyable.

Earlier this week my crew did a junk pillage, ending with a skellie fight and some foraging. Profitable and fun for all.
Today we took out Beebeb's new midas sloop. Had a full sloop for a while. Got a TH expo, and ported with a nice booty despite losing a battle when we were tired and under staffed on board.
I have a print screen, if only I could figure out how to post it...

Crimson could use some tweaks, and some more pirates to wander by. But for those of us who don't care about poker, and enjoy pillaging, it is a fun ocean.
Winklecat, Captain of Dark Guardians on Crimson, SO of The Bootleggers on Sage
Winklecat
SO of The Bootleggers on Emerald
Royal and occasional monarch of The End
[Aug 21, 2010 12:14:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lord_oll

Thanks Winkle,
I could also point out that Crimson isn't "nobody every jobbing, having to solo, no atmosphere in the inn..."

you can regularly get a job on a sloop from many different crews and there is always somebody in the inn on the automated tourneys.
Crimson Sloop Races!

Darkollie on Cobalt
[Aug 21, 2010 12:32:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mystrelia

Your thoughts are very similar to mine about Crimson. I don't play poker and I'm not into politics. I enjoy playing at the puzzles (as bad as I am at those) from time to time so for me it's a fun ocean. Unfortunately I haven't had time for the past couple of weeks to log on.
[Aug 24, 2010 7:34:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lord_oll

I don't know if anyone's noticed but the prices to buy dubs is starting to fall.
Crimson Sloop Races!

Darkollie on Cobalt
[Aug 25, 2010 12:01:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Corridon

Okaw you rascal! It's me, Hopkins! I love your idea, but I don't exactly think it's blockades we really want, it's non-sinking wars. If a ship is sunk, it should not be used until end of war, that simple.
[Aug 30, 2010 5:51:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lord_oll

Ok, sorry if I didn't notice it was you, I am notorious for not looking at signatures, in half my threads, a royal from my flag was posting and I didn't have a clue. Only if the account name is blindingly obvious about who the pirate is, like winklecat.
Crimson Sloop Races!

Darkollie on Cobalt
[Aug 31, 2010 12:03:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Winklecat

I try to keep things simple. It's easier for me.
And I love the idea of opening up islands for blockades to let non-ringer flags govern an island.
Until that happens, though at least we have sloop races to look forward to! Keep the good ideas coming!
Winklecat, captain of Dark Guardians on Crimson
Winklecat
SO of The Bootleggers on Emerald
Royal and occasional monarch of The End
[Aug 31, 2010 12:52:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lord_oll

I have other plans as well, but first I want to get the Sloop Races sorted
Crimson Sloop Races!

Darkollie on Cobalt
[Aug 31, 2010 1:22:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Corridon

You know, an incident happened to me about the adults sabotaging the kids. I am 11, (now first I want it to be shown in the rules that you need to be 13 to do forums, because I am pretty sure Okaw is -13, and it let me enter forums even though I am eleven.) This guy, chickendude, or whatever his name was, it was a year ago, and I forgot it, but it was chicken something, well, anyway. He borrowed one of my ships for a day, and whenever I logged on since, he just pounced off the server. A week later I caught him on and told him I wanted my ship back, he refused and muted me. I went to his captain, a good friend of mine, told him what happened, and asked him to do this and that. Now the guy who took my ship was a fleet officer, and was given a warning to give me my ship back by the captain. He refused. Officer, that simple. He refused again, pirate. He did it again, cabin person. He still refused, reportance, again, booted from crew, until he finally gave the ship up.
[Aug 31, 2010 5:29:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lord_oll

I am pretty sure Okaw is -13

Sorry, wrong, I may have a mental age of about 8, but my real age is a bit higher.
Crimson Sloop Races!

Darkollie on Cobalt
[Aug 31, 2010 11:58:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates