• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 94
Posts: 94   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10696 times and has 93 replies Next Thread
yellowleo

Ladyweed Apologies for dusting props

I admit i was wrong by my actions.I am Deeply and truely sorry for the harm i have caused to my Mid-night Ocean community.I humblely offer to replace the idems with the following:
Good:Explorer's Banner
Good:Bass Telescope
New:Potted Plant
New:pirate Flag
Good:painting of Ship
Good:crate o' Hemp
----------------------------------------
Captain Ladyweed
of Hyrule Knight
Princess to the flag Zelda's Empire
in Cerulean Ocean
[Aug 1, 2010 7:23:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Re: Ladyweed Apologies for dusting props

So it was Ladyweed in the throne room with the mouse. Rawr! I don't think Mr. Plum had a chance
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Aug 1, 2010 7:25:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

Oops, Sorry

"playful banter"

Parley<3

edited for harrjm.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pixulayted at Aug 1, 2010 7:53:02 PM]
[Aug 1, 2010 7:49:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Aug 1, 2010 8:09:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Big ups.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 1, 2010 10:50:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Big ups.

Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Aug 1, 2010 11:19:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

Well done Ladyweed,
it takes great strength and character to admit publicly when we do wrong.

Morgana
[Aug 1, 2010 11:30:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rockitboy

I have already replaced all the normal props, minus the props mortals cannot place (e.g. tools on a wood stack).
Rocketboy
Cursed Isles, ridding the ocean of poor BNAV one ship at a time.
[Aug 2, 2010 8:49:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sammybingo

Is this a joke or did folk really get upset over the dusting of props? I don't understand. Assplain ploz.
Sammybingo of all oceans but Opal.
I speak for myself, and myself alone. I do not represent any flag or crew. PFFT.
Mightyboosh's fruit protection advice:

I eat the bananas, poo in the skin, and carefully seal it back together again.

[Aug 3, 2010 4:32:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Dusting of props in a fit of pique, yes. It's one thing if you dust them to redecorate, something different if you do it to leave a ruin for the flag that beat you fair and square. It's not as big of a deal on an outpost, but on large islands especially, the palaces contain many props that are not available for purchase and that can't be replaced. Sportsmanship demands being graceful in defeat as well as victory.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 3, 2010 4:48:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

Sportsmanship demands being graceful in defeat as well as victory.

Very well put.
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[Aug 3, 2010 5:54:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
djcdevon

Sportsmanship demands being graceful in defeat as well as victory.

I'm not sure Sportsmanship is something a TO royal should comment on. Given the last few, pay war blockades I have had the displeasure to of witnessed.

Does not true sportsmanship start with an intention for a fair fight, then end with Being graceful in defeat as well as in victory?
[Aug 4, 2010 11:14:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

We follow pay raises, we don't start them, and there is nothing unfair about outpaying your opponents, since it's free for them to match. Nice try, though!

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 4, 2010 11:18:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
djcdevon

We follow pay raises, we don't start them, and there is nothing unfair about outpaying your opponents, since it's free for them to match. Nice try, though!

If its within the rules then its fair. That’s not the same as being "good" sports.

As for the pay war well lets leave it at I need to see the optician as my eyes must deceive me. Or you understanding of basic maths is different to mine. I thought the last block ended at VR paying 700, you paying 1200 then I may be wrong. Any way you get the picture I ( just little old me) think you and your flag are on the whole an unsporting bunch,

Anyway this thread aint about that so lets move along.
[Aug 4, 2010 12:17:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Resource gathering and management is a key, and one of the most interesting, to me, parts of the blockade game. Stripping that out changes the game radically from what was envisioned by the developers. Resource attrition isn't 'unsporting', but rather, the heart and soul of the blockade game. We have a policy against initiating paywars not because there's anything wrong with it; it's simply that as the flag that blockades more than any other, it's not in our interests to initiate them (in short, we'd rather have three or four blockades than one high-paying one). The high pay was initiated by Fallen and Sunset Knights at the concurrent blockade. We've had agreements on pay with our opponents in the past, and we've paid for blockade pay on both sides of our blockades in the past. Absent a specific agreement or a reason to do otherwise, we'll continue to do what makes sense in the circumstances.

As a side note, I am pleased to be judged poorly by your standards, because I hold myself to a much different standard than you hold yourself.

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 4, 2010 12:26:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

Rumbloke, did Piepi's comments hit home? After all, within 1 week of holding Namath you (Rums Runners) returned Ringer pets, returned portraits from the palace (I am not sure if we managed to ever get all of them back from the original owners), placed a misspelled building that didn't fit fit with the island theme well, and probably other stuff I am missing.
Sprngweather & Picory
[Aug 4, 2010 12:49:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joeffjfrd

As a side note, I am pleased to be judged poorly by your standards, because I hold myself to a much different standard than you hold yourself.

Well I know Rumbloke very well and he has always see you as an overcontroling influence on the ocean! And had always tried to avoid you. So it makes me wonder what you have to judge him on!
Flameslayer
S.O. Rums Bums
[Aug 4, 2010 12:50:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

I judge him on his actions.

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 4, 2010 12:59:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joeffjfrd

I judge him on his actions.

And what action is that, the ones you have heard about or the ones you have seen first hand?
Flameslayer
S.O. Rums Bums
[Aug 4, 2010 1:14:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
djcdevon

Rumbloke, did Piepi's comments hit home? After all, within 1 week of holding Namath you (Rums Runners) returned Ringer pets, returned portraits from the palace (I am not sure if we managed to ever get all of them back from the original owners), placed a misspelled building that didn't fit fit with the island theme well, and probably other stuff I am missing.

Well no I put on space extra in a name of a new shop well again After Several years Ill Shout it from the roof tops "SORRY.".... . The rest well blame the governor (Mscsmash it was at the time). As for the pets they were returned.

The pictures well again at the time the offer to return them to the palace was there. Did you ever see it through? as at the time I believe you as previous governer had them, Anyway to other new to islands that may have this problem again TALK TO THE GOVERNOR. If you dont get the response you want you can try the monarch. They may tell you to go to hell, they may sort it. OR YOU CAN LEAVE IT FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND BRING IT UP TO TART LATER

You may not like the shop you may not like the other buildings since placed by others that?s just hard luck. As for the theme you can ask people to maintain it they might or they might go change the name of their shop just to screw with it.
Now the thing that maybe you could have felt insulted by was the Crab ( it rock us) later place by EF (again not me as I was never the governor) Work out the anagram..............Funny or petty you judge.

Edit to Say im not blamming Smash It was her 1st time as governer. She did nothing out of malice anymore than anyone else in my flag at the time
[Edit 2 times, last edit by djcdevon at Aug 4, 2010 5:48:18 PM]
[Aug 4, 2010 1:29:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tiannah

Well I know Rumbloke very well and he has always see you as an overcontroling influence on the ocean! And had always tried to avoid you. So it makes me wonder what you have to judge him on!

Since he tries to avoid Pie (he doesn't know what he is missing), he must be avoiding the whole flag, so what does he have to judge us on?
Tiannah
Curse of Phoenix Warriors
Lady of Tyr's Own
[Aug 4, 2010 1:30:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tiannahstar [Link]  Go to top 
joeffjfrd

Since he tries to avoid Pie (he doesn't know what he is missing), he must be avoiding the whole flag, so what does he have to judge us on?

So you are saying Pie is the whole flag? That is kind of insulting to all the others that put time and effort into the flag.
Flameslayer
S.O. Rums Bums
[Edit 1 times, last edit by joeffjfrd at Aug 4, 2010 1:51:04 PM]
[Aug 4, 2010 1:47:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
djcdevon

I avoid a few not all. Im sure im not the 1st and will not be the last to do this with any flag......

Or If you want a Tarty sarcastic parley Answer try ----- Stupidity as you seem to think 1+1=4 O.o
[Aug 4, 2010 1:49:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tiannah

So you are saying Pie is the whole flag? That is kind of insulting to all the others that put time and effort into the flag.

This is not in any way what I am saying. We are a close flag, who are, for the most, on the same wave length.

Of course the real truth is, we are all (especially Nine) alts of Pie's, even those of us who have been around longer, that is the true power of Pie.
Tiannah
Curse of Phoenix Warriors
Lady of Tyr's Own
[Aug 4, 2010 2:04:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tiannahstar [Link]  Go to top 
omegadyn

I'm Thanos.. an alt of pie.
Omegadyn

Cronus says, "Luck is always better than having a clue."
[Aug 4, 2010 6:25:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nessmonster

Thanks Rum! We almost had a kinda nice thread featuring a humble apology and a few comments on sportsmanship. Tarting FTW!
Lochnessa and Ladygemma
Midnight Ocean

Notsprngheel and Lochnessa
Malachite
[Aug 4, 2010 7:05:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

Seriously. I was like, oh Midnight Parley, where people are still alright. Then blah.
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Aug 4, 2010 8:18:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeepNine

That Rumbloke is throwing a hissy fit about sportsmanship is the new best thing.

After my first time navving against him in a blockade, he proceeded to:
1. Passive-aggressively hurl insults at me both in game and on the forums
2. Attempt to get the flag he was in at the time to de-ally Tyr's Own
3. After failing in that endeavour, steal all the stock and ships that were available to him in that flag and leave.

So yeah. Being lectured by you when that's your idea of 'sportsmanship' is cool with me.
Nine of Tyr's Own
Currently on loan to: Dies Irae
[Aug 4, 2010 11:12:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AlfMason

Wow, what a train wreck. I'd try to derail with lolcats, but I have a feeling they'd be ashamed. I'm not even willing to pull my secret tarting alt (jedi mind trick - you don't know I have a secret tarting alt) out to have a crack at this, and trust you me, I never had what could be called standards.

Let's look at the highlights here, and see if we can learn something:

You come to someone's aid by making them sound like they're not only paranoid but also have mommy issues? That's gonna help.

Or If you want a Tarty sarcastic parley Answer try -----

Oh, now it's gonna get good, something tarty and sarcastic is coming. Witty repartee! Finally we might get something in this thread that's funny and not deeply sad.

---- Stupidity as you seem to think 1+1=4 O.o

Oh wait, never mind. I think part of my soul just died. Don't make promises you can't keep.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not interested in the argument, or what you may or may not have done when your flag held Namath. I'm not defending the overbearing, castrating tartmother of Midnight ocean, or any of her followers (Luff joo, Pie). I'm merely pointing out that your idea of effective tarting is verbally shooting yourself in the foot. Repeatedly. It's almost painful to watch.

Here's an idea: settle it on the ocean. You know, TO have agreed to pay-controlled blockades, with an agreed maximum pay, and all people had to do was ask nicely.

But hey, whatever, if others have the success you'd like to have it's a common reaction to say they suck. The only reason they are where they are is a massive conspiracy, it's all terribly unfair, and if the ocean would only take an unbiased view... - oh, wait.

In conclusion, please don't make parley dumber than it needs to be. Thanks.
Mullins on Midnight, Stinks on Ice

Have a problem with me in Game Design? Read this

I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by AlfMason at Aug 5, 2010 1:57:31 AM]
[Aug 5, 2010 1:55:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sammybingo

As someone who loves to job in blockades, and doesn't blockade herself (I'm never around :( ) I would like to say I proper love pay wars. I have no beef with them. If you haven't got all the resources you need to beat your opponent, tough titty.
Sammybingo of all oceans but Opal.
I speak for myself, and myself alone. I do not represent any flag or crew. PFFT.
Mightyboosh's fruit protection advice:

I eat the bananas, poo in the skin, and carefully seal it back together again.

[Aug 5, 2010 3:41:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 94   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates