• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2639 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
gordo036

Papaya (without the spinach) Defense Intent!

Once upon a time, there were several crews of pirates who happened upon a magical land called Avon and set into port to refresh their supplies of rum and rations. In this new land they met a strange king and his close friends.

The king and his friends (who he called 'Nights' even if it was properly day outside) taught the pirates a thing or two about drinking (who knew there was more to life than rum, grog, and swill!) and also of camaraderie.

Now, camaraderie was a new concept to these pirates. With their minds opened by copious amounts of beer and ale, they learned that, if they put their minds to it, they could succeed together in the face of, what was before, insurmountable odds.

They spent many nights with the 'Nights' and their king, and it was a bittersweet goodbye when the time to sail came. Their last night in Avon, the great Captains and Monarchs of this unlikely band of savages all met together in secret and had a good talk about the strange customs of Avon.

They agreed that the new concept of Working Together seemed to work very well for Avon and it's king. They knew a storm was brewing on their own ocean, and decided that night to make a pact. Each of them swore to help the others defend their territory, giving a go to the idea of Teamwork In The Face Of Adversity.

Many months passed, and they watched quietly as the storm came closer and closer to each of their sovereign shores. They held their collective breaths as one, waiting to see for whom the hammer would fall first.

At last, it fell...

Papaya Defense!
When: 8a.m. Pirate time, Sunday the 1st of August
Where: Papaya Port
Who: Avaadore will be your luverly jobbing contact (ye can always job off the board too!)
What: Blockading sillies!
Why: Cause Messier said so.
How: By shooting really large balls into the side of TO's ships <3

Pay and Sinking Status: Check the boards closer to time. One never knows... *grins nevily*
----------------------------------------
Nuemenor

Auzziemoo officer chats, "quite a few lazers. im pretty sure not all of them are gunning or writing a book"
Freja says, "if you survive a week - you will be ready to help us scare the next new pirate half to death"
[Jul 31, 2010 2:53:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Re: Papaya (without the spinach) Defense Intent!

<3 gooey Nuey!
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jul 31, 2010 3:25:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Momma_Wolf

Camelot is the working name for a confederation of flags on the Midnight Ocean that have banded together to stop - all - tyranny on this ocean, from whatever source. ONE flag cannot stand alone against the might and power of some of the so-called old guard or "power" flags .. but a pack of smaller flags CAN band together and not only survive, but WIN.

This is my goal, and the goal of all like minded people on the ocean. This has indeed made me, and my flag, targets, which I not only expected, but welcome.

Some of the old players - even whole flags - have retired with grace and dignity, and while I miss many of them, I applaud their integrity. Others have grown "bored" with our beloved Midnight Ocean, and have decided it is up to them to stop the REST of the people - paying and otherwise - from being able to enjoy the game. This reminds me most of a playground bully who not only breaks a toy he is tired of, but stands over the bits so no one else can repair it, let alone play with it.

ENOUGH! It is PAST time to remove the bullies from our playground. Forget, for a while at least, any old animosities, and work with Camelot to stop the destruction that is Ragnarok.

In olden days, there was no pay for blockades, people came out of loyalty or friendship. Those days are gone, but I hope the feelings are not. In the SPIRIT of those days, I will not engage in pay wars with any flag. If POE is more important to anyone than keeping tyranny from ruling - indeed, DESTROYING - our beloved Midnight Ocean, by all means, encourage a pay war, and follow the POE. You will reap what you sow.
Mommawolf, lurking on most oceans
Captain, Blackwolf Marauders of Midnight, now Cerulean
Queen, Victory Raiders of Midnight, now Cerulean

cmdrzoom said:

Anyone may demand answers of the gods.
Getting them is another matter.

[Aug 1, 2010 6:27:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

Camelot is the working name for a confederation of flags on the Midnight Ocean that have banded together to stop - all - tyranny on this ocean, from whatever source. ONE flag cannot stand alone against the might and power of some of the so-called old guard or "power" flags .. but a pack of smaller flags CAN band together and not only survive, but WIN.

This is my goal, and the goal of all like minded people on the ocean. This has indeed made me, and my flag, targets, which I not only expected, but welcome.

Some of the old players - even whole flags - have retired with grace and dignity, and while I miss many of them, I applaud their integrity. Others have grown "bored" with our beloved Midnight Ocean, and have decided it is up to them to stop the REST of the people - paying and otherwise - from being able to enjoy the game. This reminds me most of a playground bully who not only breaks a toy he is tired of, but stands over the bits so no one else can repair it, let alone play with it.

ENOUGH! It is PAST time to remove the bullies from our playground. Forget, for a while at least, any old animosities, and work with Camelot to stop the destruction that is Ragnarok.

In olden days, there was no pay for blockades, people came out of loyalty or friendship. Those days are gone, but I hope the feelings are not. In the SPIRIT of those days, I will not engage in pay wars with any flag. If POE is more important to anyone than keeping tyranny from ruling - indeed, DESTROYING - our beloved Midnight Ocean, by all means, encourage a pay war, and follow the POE. You will reap what you sow.

hahaha what is this
[Aug 1, 2010 7:14:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Velariel

This reminds me most of a playground bully who not only breaks a toy he is tired of, but stands over the bits so no one else can repair it, let alone play with it.

hahaha what is this

Hilarious. Particularly the quoted sentence.
Tacita of Midnight.
Half blind, crippled, and Damned.
[Aug 1, 2010 7:53:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Others have grown "bored" with our beloved Midnight Ocean, and have decided it is up to them to stop the REST of the people - paying and otherwise - from being able to enjoy the game.

I don't understand this. I don't see how TO is stopping people from playing. If you like blockading then you get to play in blockades. Yay. If you don't like blockades then island ownership isn't for you.
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Aug 1, 2010 10:07:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Momma_Wolf

My thanks for all the help and support we got. Well Fought Mates.
Mommawolf, lurking on most oceans
Captain, Blackwolf Marauders of Midnight, now Cerulean
Queen, Victory Raiders of Midnight, now Cerulean

cmdrzoom said:

Anyone may demand answers of the gods.
Getting them is another matter.

[Aug 1, 2010 10:54:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeepNine

Good game! Thanks muchly to our jobbers for being awesome and our opponents for keeping it classy.
Nine of Tyr's Own
Currently on loan to: Dies Irae
[Aug 1, 2010 11:10:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nyr99235

Thanks to everyone who came out to play! Good fight Victory Raiders!
Messier
[Aug 1, 2010 11:34:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

This was Papaya, so I gotta ask:

How many sinkies? How big the glub glub?
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Aug 12, 2010 7:31:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
calorifere

It was non-sinking.
Hatchetback
Senior Officer of Fifth Fist of th'Misfits
[Aug 12, 2010 9:17:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Non sinking? Papaya??

That's an insult to all the old timers. I say we should band together and take it, forcing all future blockades to be glubby glub.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Aug 14, 2010 11:13:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates