• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5079 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
reeses584

Beat Cremate With a Stick!

Have you ever thought to yourself, "Gee, Cremate is really annoying/douchy/egotistical/all of the above"? I know I do several times a day. Well, my fellow pirates, it's time to fight back! Pirates Hate Palindromes proudly presents....

At various times during the day on Saturday, July 31, Cremate will be available for wagered stick fights. Here's how it works:

-Cremate will stand on a boat with another member of Crew Snag Answer C. A tournament will be posted saying that Cremate is now ready to fight. Interested applicants should send a /tell to the person standing with Cremate (will be mentioned in the tournament info) asking for a job. Please have DND off.
-Once jobbed, the applicant must deposit 5,000 PoE into the hold of the ship as way of an entry fee. You can enter to fight more than once, but you must deposit the money again. So, if you deposit 10k, that counts as one entry. Depositing 5k and then 5k again will count as two entries. I would recommend you not deposit another entry until after Cremate has beaten you (see rule 4 below).
-Cremate will send a swordfight challenge (please say in vessel chat if you'd like it to be unrated) to each applicant in the order that they deposit money. Cremate will be using a stick, and you must equip a stick as well.

So, what happens if you win?

Most obviously, you win the bragging rights of having beaten Cremate with a stick. You put Cremate in his place! That should shut him up for a while. You will get a shiny medal as proof of your achievements. Also, you will get to choose a trinket from a case full of beachcomber and SMH trinkets (don't worry, we're not talking spell scraps and hemlocks).

Some rules, because hey, we all have them:

1. As mentioned earlier, each deposit into the ship coffers counts as one entry.
2. All deposits into the coffers are final. You will not get your money back.
3. If you equip anything other than a stick and hit the I'm Ready checkmark, Cremate will exit out of the challenge and plank you. So please doublecheck before you hit that button.
4. If you have beaten Cremate, please wait 20 minutes before entering again, to give others a chance to play him. Entering within that time frame will result in the helper person planking you.
5. Do not send a challenge to Cremate; he will challenge you when it is your turn. Challenging Cremate will result in him planking you.
6. Cremate says that he has a life (HAHAHAHAHAHA) and therefore this will be done at random intervals during the day. We will stop jobbing people when he has to go and will announce to anyone still jobbed into the crew that he is wrapping up and will not be accepting new challenges outside the current queue. We will then dismiss jobbers as they finish up with Cremate.

All proceeds from this event will go to PHP's flag fund, which is used for blockades, and the planning of more events like this one! Please note that if Arakoua Island is blockaded on July 31, this event will be postponed.

Props to Cadswallop for thinking of this event idea.

Special thanks to Aeons and Shroomy, who collaborated on the completely awesome artwork!

Extra special thanks to Cremate, for being a super good sport. (for once)

EDIT: We now know that Cremate will be standing on the Unchanging Wrasse, in port at Arakoua Island. If you're the stalkerish type and either a) don't want to wait for the tournament announcement or b) miss the tournament, do a /w on Cremate. If he's on that ship with at least one other person from CSAC, it's probably okay to ask his CSAC buddy to job you. ;)
----------------------------------------
Gwen

SomeGreenie tells ye, "realy why do teenagers afraid of saing from where they are and there age"
Ye told SomeGreenie, "They're afraid of online predators"
SomeGreenie tells ye, "are u one of them"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by reeses584 at Jul 30, 2010 9:20:57 PM]
[Jul 24, 2010 10:04:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Reeves90

Re: Beat Cremate With a Stick!

Extra special thanks to Cremate, for being a super good sport.

Yeah right, he did this kicking and screaming

oh, and stick fighting isnt my thing (:p) I will send Akantha instead
~ Reeves/Rreeves ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Reeves90 at Jul 24, 2010 10:18:16 PM]
[Jul 24, 2010 10:17:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

oh, and stick fighting isnt my thing (:p) I will send Akantha instead

<Insert evil laugh here>
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jul 24, 2010 10:35:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grunde

Wonderful!

/e finds a stick
Jerich of Emerald
Jerich of Meridian
[Jul 25, 2010 3:03:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

Is this anything like that one time that I bought him at an officer auction and made him stand on the dock giving stuff away for an hour?

If so, awesome.
[Jul 25, 2010 8:01:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amyrosee

Is this anything like that one time that I bought him at an officer auction and made him stand on the dock giving stuff away for an hour?

If so, awesome.

You like to remind him with that, don't you? lol
Amyrosee
Sage ocean now to be Emerald.

Hera says, "Amyrosee = SCARY"
[Jul 25, 2010 10:48:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

He's mean to me on a daily basis, it's the least I can do to return the favor!
[Jul 25, 2010 11:43:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

That admittedly was pretty fun, albeit semi-annoying :P

And no, I'm not being forced to do this, Cadswallop came up with the idea and I thought it sounded cool. And since Gwen quite aptly pointed out my lack of a life, I should be able to be on for 3 or 4 hours on the 31st.

And no, I won't be able to give a guesstimate on what times I'll be on as it entirely depends on when I wake up, and when my sisters can get off facebook long enough for me to use my computer! :D

1 month to my own computer, one month :(
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jul 25, 2010 1:02:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decima_

This actually sounds like fun, too bad I have to be in a wedding the 31st!
It's De¢ima.

[Jul 25, 2010 3:48:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Due to unforeseen real life circumstances, aka, my grandparents begging me to come to their house, and my mom spontaneously saying "We might go to grandma's this weekend!" at this point it is unclear if I will be around this weekend.

If this is the case, we will move the event to Saturday August 7th, and run it as originally planned.

I hope we can stll run it on the 31st, but we will see. Hopefully I have a definite answer on whether I'll be here or not by Wednesday, or Thursday at the latest.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Setsusa at Jul 27, 2010 12:47:59 AM]
[Jul 27, 2010 12:47:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dozers2

Due to unforeseen real life circumstances, aka, my grandparents begging me to come to their house, and my mom spontaneously saying "We might go to grandma's this weekend!" at this point it is unclear if I will be around this weekend.

If this is the case, we will move the event to Saturday August 7th, and run it as originally planned.

I hope we can stll run it on the 31st, but we will see. Hopefully I have a definite answer on whether I'll be here or not by Wednesday, or Thursday at the latest.

It's ok- you can just admit to jerich being too scary :P
Dozers from sage ocean

I don't hack, honest.

[Jul 27, 2010 1:02:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Teh tr0llz r ontu uz!

Anyways, slight update. At this point, I've been told that the plan is to go to our grandparents this weekend, but mom needs to talk to dad when he gets back from Calgary tomorrow night. At this point, it looks like we're rescheduling, but the final call will come down Thursday most likely.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jul 27, 2010 4:49:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

This is awesomely last minute, but the event will go on as planned on Saturday, July 31st.

THAT TOTALLY MEANS IN A FEW HOURS.

Depending on the amount of participants, we may extend it onto another day, or repeat it in a few weeks.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jul 30, 2010 9:11:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grunde

This is awesomely last minute, but the event will go on as planned on Saturday, July 31st.

THAT TOTALLY MEANS IN A FEW HOURS.

Depending on the amount of participants, we may extend it onto another day, or repeat it in a few weeks.

Do that! I didn't beat you. This time.
Jerich of Emerald
Jerich of Meridian
[Aug 2, 2010 8:20:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates