• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3883 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
SirCarl67

Familiar Elimination Bake-Off 11am Sun 8th August. Win a Mint Octopus or a mint

A traditional Bake-off where being good at one puzzle isn't enough to win you will need to rig, sail, carp, bilge and gun to win the top prize. Numbers are strictly limited to 120.

If Kent is Blockaded to coincide with this event the event will be postponed for 24 hours

Prizes:
Overall Prizes
1st Place A mint Octopus and a mint signet ring
2nd Place A Mint (1 million poe) and a mint signet ring
3rd Place 200k and a mint signet ring
4th Place 100k and a mint signet ring

Other Prizes
Top Rigging 25k (for each ship)
Top Sails 50k and a mint and green ribbon
Top Carp 50k and a mint and green ribbon
Top Bilge 50k and a mint and green ribbon

Note: The poe will be awarded as it is won. Apollo will provide the other prizes automagically in the days following the event.

Timetable

11:00am: (game time) 4 Grand Frigates in the crew Blackade will appear under evading in the voyage tab, there will be a message pointing out that this is for a bake off. At the same time an ocean broadcast will advertise the event.. Organisers will accept applications only from the notice boards, not via tells, in the order the applications are made. Once accepted please hop on quickly, once the 30th place has been offered the organiser will wait 5 sec if at that point there are people that have not joined the ship the next applicant will be offered a job. Once there are 30 participants on board a ship it will be removed from the jobbing board, if others join later they will be directed to another ship or planked if all places are taken. If the ship you applied for is removed from the jobbing board and you have not been offered a position you can try for another ship. Once you are on board please take a rigging station.

11:20 jobbing will cease (unless all the ships are full earlier), if the numbers on each ship are uneven some people may be asked to move ships..

About 11:30 we will then set sail and immediately engage in battle. After 15 minutes we will disengage and return to port. The duty report at port (not at the disengage) will be used to determine the best 7 pirates on each ship.

All the winners will be invited onto a single Grand Frigate and will take a sail station for the next round. This will be in the same format as the rigging, the top 15 will qualify to carp the others will leave the ship.

The carp will follow the same format with 8 qualifying for the bilge. The top 4 bilgers will qualify for the gunning final.

The finalists will be split into 2 pairs (1st and 4th on Bilge and 2nd and 3rd on bilge) will then move to two war frigates. We will then engage in a PVP and the cannons on each ship will be loaded and fired. The person who came lower in the bilge will then be ordered to gun, when they have loaded all the guns they will leave the station and say "finished". The time from the order to them gun and the time they leave station for the last time will be taken as their time. This will be determined via the chat logs. If they take longer than 15 minutes I will ask them to stop and record the number of cannons loaded.

The winner will be the person who loaded in the fastest time or failing that loaded the most cannons. Ties will be determined by position in bilge.

Rules

On boarding do not forage (we don't want to attract monkeys)

Please keep chat to a minimum once you have boarded.

Do not change ships unless you are told to do so my an officer

Once jobbing has stopped and I have started summarising the rules you must not speak in vessel or /jcr chat.

You must be on a station for the whole time we are at sea, you may dismiss as long as you go straight back onto your station leaving your station for more than a few of seconds is liable to get you planked.

If you do not qualify for the second round do not board the finalists ship. When you are eliminated please leave the ship. This will save unnecessary delays while we identify and plank the offender.

Note: Edited Text in blue
----------------------------------------
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SirCarl67 at Jul 28, 2010 12:33:55 PM]
[Jul 23, 2010 2:21:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Reeves90

Re: Familiar Elimination Bake-Off 11am Sun 8th August. Win a Mint Octopus or a mint

Amazing detail. Thank you very much for the work you have put in thus far.
~ Reeves/Rreeves ~
[Jul 23, 2010 2:26:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
plopgeit

Re: Familiar Elimination Bake-Off 11am Sun 8th August. Win a Mint Octopus or a mint

Sounds like a great event! I'll try to be there for sure.

Just one question though: In the event of disconnecting, do you get one minute to return to your station (Like in the bake-offs ran by Apollo) or do the same rules apply as dismissing your station?
Enteraname of Sage.
Senior Officer of Poseidon's Tricorne.
Now available in recorded version.
[Jul 24, 2010 12:06:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Sounds like a great event! I'll try to be there for sure.

Just one question though: In the event of disconnecting, do you get one minute to return to your station (Like in the bake-offs ran by Apollo) or do the same rules apply as dismissing your station?

The same rules apply the "few seconds" will be long enough for you to restart your client but not much longer than that. As a rough guide you can expect to be plaked after 10 to 15 seconds. Each round is shorter than the Bake-offs Apollo has run so "intentional disconnects" could have a greater impact.
[Jul 24, 2010 5:00:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Verixx

Awesome! But u had to begin with Rigg? =( Still would try my best :P
-+-Vera-+-
[Jul 26, 2010 10:49:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xanther4

Awesome! But u had to begin with Rigg? =( Still would try my best :P

Me as well :P

Sounds like a great event! I'll be sure to make it on :)
Wipley of Emerald
Darkfaery's Avatar Goodness

Making the forums awkward and the game more stupid since 2008.

Anything
[Aug 1, 2010 9:46:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decima_

Lovely event! And even rigging to start with! An excellent choice!
It's De¢ima.

[Aug 3, 2010 8:01:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thranduil01

Cool stuff, if only I had ever rigged :p

Free wazzy

[Aug 8, 2010 11:28:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Wow what a lot of awesome puzzlers.

Well done everyone

Overall winners (all also win a mint signet ring):
Note this is also the order for the gunning

1st Yassenn (Mint Octopus)
2nd Xelli (1,000,000 poe)
3rd Schnivelbiv (200,000 poe)
4th Innan (100,000 poe)

Single Puzzle winners

Rigging (1st on each ship): Jovv,Speedfreak,Xelli, Tzz (25k each)
Sailing:Hpc (50k)
Carp Jovv (50k)
Bilge: Yassenn (50k)

Full list of qualifiers (sorry for any spelling errors):

Rigging

Modest Marlin: 1. Saviour; 2. Jovv; 3. Innan; 4. Yassen; 5. Preslly; 6. Plu; 7. Beat
Fair Clownfish: 1. Speedfreak; 2. Zhangwuji; 3. Cemikila; 4. Velryba; 5. Sacred; 6. Tanabear; 7. Loamive
Stubborn Piranha 1. Xelli, 2. Valeriee; 3. Lorlan 4. Lochmore; 5. Tobyanna; 6. Zelshanqio 7. Handi,
Dear Sild 1. Tzz, 2. Schnivelbiv, 3. Cinci, 4. Neorgenji, 5. Justu, 6 Enteraname, 7 Hpc

Sailing

1. Hpc, 2. Tzz, 3. Jovv, 4. Xelli, 5. Beat, 6. Valryba 7. Zhangwuji, 8. Savior, 9. Yassenn, 10. Enteraname, 11. Neorgenji, 12. Innan, 13.Cinci, 14.Schnivelbiv, 15 Justu

Carp

1. Jovv, 2. Schnivelbiv, 3. Tzz, 4. Yassenn, 5. Xelli, 6. Valryba, 7. Justu, 8. Innan

Bilge

1. Yassenn, 2.Innan, 3. Schnivelbiv, 4. Xelli
[Edit 2 times, last edit by SirCarl67 at Aug 9, 2010 1:57:00 PM]
[Aug 8, 2010 2:05:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
donut1001

I'm really disappointed that I forgot to set my alarm....:(

Hopefully you'll run another bakeoff of a similar style, sometime in the future!
I've quit.
[Aug 8, 2010 2:55:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates