• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1720 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
RyderXR

Baghlah vs Junk (vs War Brig) Reply to this Post

Just looking for some opinions on this question;

Moving up from a sloop for pillying, which one would be the best option, Baghlah or Junk (or War Brig), and why?

Thanks, looking forward to some good responses :P
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RyderXR at Jul 14, 2010 1:56:54 AM]
[Jul 14, 2010 1:37:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Realjuan

Re: Baghlah vs Junk (vs War Brig) Reply to this Post

Depends on the bnaver I think. Junks are great if you play defensive. I love that it needs to hit a few times only, but you have to be careful getting hit.

I like to use it because I dont get hit most of the time, and I can max them pretty fast. I also think that it takes way less people to start the pillage. I can go with 7, so my crew is enough. I get more on the way. You also need only 1 gunner, meaning more sails.

Now WB take way more damage without been that serious, and I know some of my crew bnavers dont mind exchanging some hits. This ship allows way more mistakes, just make sure you shoot and hopefully you will exchange shots. With a JUNK you make this mistake....well you will have a hard time.

I have not done Baghlah, that much soo I cant say anything about it.

I am using my WB for SMH, since I will take a JUNK before a WB for pillages.

I go JUNK
Latinboy
"Ten cuidado con el pirate del caribe, vamo' a ve' si tu tienes calibre" Daddy Yankee

"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau
[Jul 14, 2010 2:31:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RyderXR

Alright, thanks for that :P
[Jul 14, 2010 2:53:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Junks and Baghlahs are a similar staffing level (max 18, need around 8 minimum to be pillage-serviceable); WBs are the next step up needing around 12-15 to start working properly.

A baghlah fires double shot so you need two gunners, but you won't be out-shot by any of the ships you'll meet, whereas the Junk can get by with one but against baghs, WBs and Xebecs you are outgunned. The Junk is a bit stronger but the max ratio for the battles you will have is worse. (For example bagh v WB is 4:5; junk v WB is 5:7.5.)

Some people say that the Junk is better for the 'intangibles' (repair rate, move generation etc). I have not used a junk enough to judge that (just done a few battles on a hearty's pillage). If you can get the gunners the bagh wins on the objective statistics.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Jul 14, 2010 3:37:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RyderXR

Alright, that's my decision made then, thanks alot mate.
[Jul 14, 2010 4:06:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Some people say that the Junk is better for the 'intangibles' (repair rate, move generation etc).

Someone ought to turn those into 'tangibles'. IE, get a baghlah and a junk in the same space, max each out, and time how long it takes four swabbies to fully repair the things. Then how long those same four swabbies can clear out the bilge.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jul 14, 2010 4:06:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates