• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 26
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5419 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
shakki

So how come ships are floating off course?

I've been noticing for awhile now that ships seem to be going in directions that we cannot go. Is there a reason for this?
[Jul 1, 2010 3:55:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mrgaz1980

Re: So how come ships are floating off course?

I've been noticing for awhile now that ships seem to be going in directions that we cannot go. Is there a reason for this?

This also happens to me when I'm drunk, playing pp.
----------------------------------------
Devill, capt of Mutiny,
Former Bitch of DI.
[Jul 1, 2010 4:33:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

tyvm mister exxon valdeez
[Jul 1, 2010 4:55:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

Old routes that are no longer memable. They also can sail wherever they damn well please because....who knows.
Lesgreg
[Jul 1, 2010 6:36:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Immaboss

Does a ship always have to follow lps, i mean as long as you get to wear you wanna go, does it matter?
Immastar on Meridian and Cerulean
[Jul 1, 2010 8:50:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Sometimes brigand ships get confused and go in directions we can't go, such as sailing North or South from a league point.
From time to time player ships will even do this.
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Jul 1, 2010 10:09:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
escooper

I have seen bot ships go north and south at league points, only to reappear a few leagues later on.

Samjones
Samjones (All oceans)
Collector of ships with Mummichog fish name and Moody Adjective.

Be a pirate. Play like a pirate today #puzzlepirates
[Jul 2, 2010 7:06:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qwpzxjor1

I see dead people.
Whitewyvern wrote: 
For every American who mispells "Favour" and "Colour", there is a textspeak child abusing the letter U to balance things out.

[Jul 6, 2010 7:24:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2cucry

This has always been a part of the Midnight curse.. and you do see it from time to time.. however if you do fancy an adventure, I believe there are some old timers out there that have all the old maps AND training Routes mem'd. Yes I said training Routes.. long since forgotten, :)
Anderson

Captain of the crew The Bluenoser's
Admiral of the Navy

Matrix says

"if you really wanna be loved try beat andy in ANYTHING, please were running out of ideas"

[Jul 9, 2010 3:39:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PracticalM

It's not old LPs in all cases. I've seen them sail north from the LP 2 away from Meke and I don't think there's a old LP that direction.

I've seen them sail in odd directions without any reference to old LPs. The ship names do appear later on though.
Silverstache
Prince of Otherworld
Senior Officer and Drunk of Mad Mutineers
[Jul 12, 2010 8:13:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

They've always done this, my understanding was that there's actually a huge grid of league points, and only some of them (the ones we have maps, etc for) are the ones we can travel on, but the bots can use any of them.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Jul 12, 2010 8:32:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JTheBear

I envision it like this.... a bot spawns, you fight it, or don't, and then it sails to the next league point, where it goes of into the wings and runs around backstage, to pop up somewhere later in the play (to continue the theatre analogy) interacting with someone else... cue snagglepuss... heavens to murgatroid, exit stage left
Jthebear

Davsbrander says, "you're a legend"
Jthebear says, "yea, a legend in my own mind

[Jul 12, 2010 10:12:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
annebunny

cue snagglepuss... heavens to murgatroid, exit stage left

/e has to wonder how many folks get this reference. One of my pets is "Murgatroid"; quite a few mates have questioned that one.

exit, stage right
Orrorin
SO, Blackwolf Marauders

[Jul 13, 2010 8:31:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Truvie

I thought about that when I read the post as well.

Hmmm...Snagglepuss cartoons were relatively new when I was still living with my parents, so pre-1969. I'd guess they spent a few years in syndication, but I doubt too many under 35 have a clue...about this anyway.
Truvie

Captain of Steel Magnolias
Queen of Liberty Hull
Cerulean

Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. It hurts you a lot more than it hurts them.
[Jul 13, 2010 10:25:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Truvie

cue snagglepuss... heavens to murgatroid, exit stage left

/e has to wonder how many folks get this reference. One of my pets is "Murgatroid"; quite a few mates have questioned that one.

exit, stage right

Let's see. Those cartoons were in color so I saw them in first-run before I left home for college in 1969. I doubt many born post 1975-1980 would ever have seen them.
Truvie

Queen of Liberty Hull
Cerulean

Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. It hurts you a lot more than it hurts them.
[Jul 13, 2010 10:26:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JTheBear

I admit to watching snagglepuss cartoons as a kid, in the 70's but the younger set may actually have a clue as he was, for a while in the 90's a staple on Cartoon Network... I think another of the "kids" channels is running the Hanna Barbera Library from that era currently, but not positive...

we now return you to the discussion of ships going off course... maybe
Jthebear

Davsbrander says, "you're a legend"
Jthebear says, "yea, a legend in my own mind

[Jul 13, 2010 10:31:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
msanthrowpe

tyvm mister exxon valdeez

Hey Dylan? Since our current crisis stems from some company that totally booched, and has booched for years, safety issues, back off.
Sailmaker

Death, but no sins.
Rumbullion tells ye, "ok sails I need to log, but remember, the liver is evil... it must be punished!"
[Jul 13, 2010 6:50:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nessmonster

Sailmaker

I miss u.
Lochnessa and Ladygemma
Midnight Ocean

Notsprngheel and Lochnessa
Malachite
[Jul 13, 2010 7:31:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
msanthrowpe

Sailmaker

I miss u.

<333
Sailmaker

Death, but no sins.
Rumbullion tells ye, "ok sails I need to log, but remember, the liver is evil... it must be punished!"
[Jul 13, 2010 9:47:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
treese

FYI, I've been seeing this more and more on Cobalt too.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
SO & former Captain of Boochin' Drunks - One of the founding crews of Cobalt
Lady of the all-grown-up CAPS LOCK Kiddies, Super Awesomeness!!
(awesome avatar by Darkfaery!)
[Jul 14, 2010 11:12:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://superawesomepp.proboards100.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

This has always been a part of the Midnight curse.. and you do see it from time to time.. however if you do fancy an adventure, I believe there are some old timers out there that have all the old maps AND training Routes mem'd. Yes I said training Routes.. long since forgotten, :)

I thought that all those "dead points" were removed from anyone that had memorized them?
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Jul 18, 2010 6:48:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Ruhannah

Memorized 'dead' points were not removed. ~Ruhannah
[Jul 18, 2010 9:34:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

I was sitting in the nest today, while running commods. Suddenly in the middle between 2 lp's came a bot from the west, sped up, made a right turn and was on course south. Looked strange when it happened.

On occasion, I get pushed off course, and sometimes I get screenies, where the blue line that indicates your movement sofar, suddenly veers off to the right of the plotted course.
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Jul 18, 2010 10:00:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

I thought that all those "dead points" were removed from anyone that had memorized them?

I thought That you couldent memorize the dead points anymore but people who had them can still use them.
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[Jul 23, 2010 4:03:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

There were 2 different catagories of these points, 1 set were kept, but not possible for new people to memorize, and the Training routes, which I belive were deleted altogether.
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Jul 23, 2010 4:41:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Truvie

If you had the dead points and/or training routes memmed before a certain date, and I can't remember now when that was, you don't lose them. You can chart anyone on those routes but they can't memorize them. I've had them memmed for a lot of years now and let me tell ya, sometimes those dead points are killer to chart around for someone who is memming.
Truvie

Queen of Liberty Hull
Cerulean

[Jul 23, 2010 4:46:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates