• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 984 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Parthanos

Suggestion: mute text Reply to this Post

When muted, I would like some indicator someone has muted you. Some little message that says 'arr, this person be nay in the mood to be talkin to the likes of you', or something less offensive. I would like ta know who be ignorin me, and it would also be nice for them to know when I be turnin them off as well:)
----------------------------------------
Long retired, mostly expired

Angelmarie tells you, "*nods* I know. :) La Giustazia Inpronouncable.... ;)"
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AlaskanParamedic@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Re: Suggestion: mute text Reply to this Post

Generally you mute somebody who is offending or annoying you.

If they found out that you had muted them, that would give them
a) The knowledge that they successfully annoyed you
b) The knowledge that you muted them, and that they could therefore go load up a new pirate and continue annoying you

I like it how it is, really.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parthanos

Devonin wrote: 
Generally you mute somebody who is offending or annoying you.

If they found out that you had muted them, that would give them
a) The knowledge that they successfully annoyed you
b) The knowledge that you muted them, and that they could therefore go load up a new pirate and continue annoying you

I like it how it is, really.

Yes and no. We have complain commands in the game to deal with this form of abuse. Still, knowing ye are muted would save hours of tells lost to the winds. Of course, I would NEVER know how that feels......:)
Long retired, mostly expired

Angelmarie tells you, "*nods* I know. :) La Giustazia Inpronouncable.... ;)"
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AlaskanParamedic@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Killermorgan

But that's the beauty of muting someone. They spend hours trying to talk to you, annoying you, taunting you, not realizing they've been muted. Sweet Justice.

Another vote of keeping it the way it is.
"if you can't play nice, don't play at all."
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rustyangel82

Plus if you know you are muted, you can't yell at them for muting you. You'd have to pass a note...

Voting to keep it like it is.
[Feb 18, 2005 5:06:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shagie

Would you get this "arr" if you were in a chat circle saying something with someone else muting you? Vessel chat line? crew chat line? etc...

If so, wouldn't that get rather annoying after awhile?

If not, why only tells -- tells are rare compared to the other forms of communication.
[Feb 19, 2005 5:07:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

If you want to find out if someone has muted you, trade request them.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Feb 19, 2005 5:37:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates