• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 30
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6474 times and has 29 replies Next Thread
Franklincain

show our Pirate Halls in our Crew/Flag page, please! Reply to this Post

Spin-off from (i.e. inspired by) this thread:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=155995

When viewing the info page for a Crew or Flag, we should see a "Halls Owned" section, similar to the "Houses Owned/Roommate Of" section in a Pirate's info page.

It should be displayed in the same position as for the Pirate info, for the sake of consistency. That is, show us this info in the left-hand column of the Crew/Flag info page, just underneath the "Reputation" panel and above the "Politics/Shares" panel.
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Franklincain at Jun 18, 2010 11:01:47 AM]
[Jun 18, 2010 10:52:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
madzack2918

Re: show our Pirate Halls in our Crew/Flag page, please! Reply to this Post

I endorse this product and/or service.
Omegaking of Emerald

Antix says, "Jesus was technically buried in a rock trap, and he came out alive. So I think it's a sign you have to rock trap."
Geologist says, "Wait, you're comparing Kory to Jesus?"

[Jun 18, 2010 12:35:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

it IS displayed. On the News Tab of the NB, there are 3 icons right under the Pirate News Banner:

Houses - Inn - Voyages

If you click on Houses, it is right there, and you can whisk there from where ever you are
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RedSeaWitch at Jun 18, 2010 10:59:05 PM]
[Jun 18, 2010 10:58:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

it IS displayed on the News Tab of the NB...

Which works within the game. I am referring to Info Pages, which are simultaneously available within the game and on the Internet. ;-)

Whenever I view my Crew or Flag's info page, regardless of whether I am viewing it within the game or on the 'Net, our Pirate Halls ought to be displayed there.

But thank you, nonetheless, for your info. I did not know that. I'll have to check that out, next time I'm logged into the game.
[Jun 19, 2010 12:43:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maskforum

I heartily endorse this product and/or service.

Mask - Hunter Ocean
Island degisner
[Jun 19, 2010 1:33:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uralooser1

Darkvirus of cobalt, midnight & viridian
Modder of Viridian

Yankeejr tells ye, "I retired wagering."
Ye told Yankeejr, "gimme your poez den"
Yankeejr tells ye, "haha noway, that's why i retired XD"
[Jun 19, 2010 3:12:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

it IS displayed. On the News Tab of the NB, there are 3 icons right under the Pirate News Banner:

Houses - Inn - Voyages

If you click on Houses, it is right there, and you can whisk there from where ever you are

This isn't always true. In order for a house that isn't your home to show up on the list of houses, you need to either be in the same arch as that house, or your home must be in the same arch. So, if you set your home to someplace in another arch, it is quite possible you won't notice the Pirate Hall listing for a long time.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jun 19, 2010 4:04:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

Hmm reading through this thread I am thinking of the following:

Put a list of the crew/flag Pirate Halls in the Private statement of the crew/flag? The info should be available for people who are part of the crew/flag in my opinion, but I don't think outsiders should be able to know about them.

Evolution
Claimed to be a very whiney person.
[Jun 19, 2010 5:53:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Put a list of the crew/flag Pirate Halls in the Private statement of the crew/flag? The info should be available for people who are part of the crew/flag in my opinion, but I don't think outsiders should be able to know about them.

Again, that would work only while inside the game. I want to be able to see where by Pirate Halls are via the Internet (i.e. outside the game).

There are no privacy issues with showing the locations of Houses owned by individual Pirates. We know this, because this info is displayed right now. Why should there be any privacy issues for Crews and Flags?
[Jun 19, 2010 9:50:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

Again, that would work only while inside the game. I want to be able to see where by Pirate Halls are via the Internet (i.e. outside the game).

There are no privacy issues with showing the locations of Houses owned by individual Pirates. We know this, because this info is displayed right now. Why should there be any privacy issues for Crews and Flags?

I might be mistaken here, but I am from the idea that Pirate Halls are some sort of a hideout?

Evolution
[Jun 19, 2010 9:54:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

I am from the idea that Pirate Halls are some sort of a hideout?

Nope. They're a form of House, but deliberately designed for a group (i.e. Crew or Flag) instead of an individual (i.e. Pirate).

Hangout, yes. ;-) Hideout, nope.
[Jun 19, 2010 11:14:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

I am from the idea that Pirate Halls are some sort of a hideout?

Nope. They're a form of House, but deliberately designed for a group (i.e. Crew or Flag) instead of an individual (i.e. Pirate).

Hangout, yes. ;-) Hideout, nope.

Hideout sounded so much cooler though ;o

But ok, then I guess it should be publically announced somewhere in the info just like regular houses.

Evolution
[Jun 19, 2010 11:20:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

If it helps any, visitors still need permission to enter the hangout. ;-) ("What's the secret password?")
[Jun 19, 2010 11:26:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

"What's the secret password?"

SMURF!

And on the topic, I wonder if it is very doable though. Pirate Halls are bound to the Captain or the Monarch, not directly to the Crew or Flag. Maybe it is possible though to link through the info via the current Captain/Monarch. Would be a question for a Dev.

Evolution
[Jun 19, 2010 11:36:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Pirate Halls are bound to the Captain or the Monarch, not directly to the Crew or Flag.

Uh, no, per the article in the Wiki (see the link in my original post), it is the other way around.

The Captain of a Crew or the Monarch of a Flag is the one who pays for the Hall, but the Hall itself is linked to the group and not to the individual who paid for it.

To quote from the article itself:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Pirate_hall

Though they must be purchased by a captain or monarch, they do not belong to the pirate, but rather to the crew or flag...

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Franklincain at Jun 19, 2010 11:49:02 AM]
[Jun 19, 2010 11:48:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

Ah ok I'm sorry, I had that one wrong then :P

Mm then I don't really see any issue for getting this into the game :D

And for where to put it..

making this was fun :D and yes I'm a little bored..

Evolution
[Jun 19, 2010 12:43:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

As per my ORIGINAL POST (which I'm beginning to doubt you bothered to read at all before replying), for the sake of CONSISTENCY with the Pirate page format, we should have a Halls sub-section added into the Crew/Flag Info page in the corresponding location: in the left-hand column, just underneath the "Reputation" panel and above the "Politics/Shares" panel.
[Jun 19, 2010 12:51:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

I did read it :P just forgot what was all in there

I'm at the right spot with my drawing anyway :D
[Jun 19, 2010 1:00:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

I honestly don't care anymore.
[Jun 20, 2010 12:31:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Houses - Inn - Voyages

This isn't always true. In order for a house that isn't your home to show up on the list of houses, you need to either be in the same arch as that house, or your home must be in the same arch. So, if you set your home to someplace in another arch, it is quite possible you won't notice the Pirate Hall listing for a long time.

Well you're right - in part... it seems to change and never display more than 3.. my flag and crew hall are in different arches. My "home" is my tailor stall on VE in Sapphire Arch, where the flag hall is on Beta. And it seems rather random. The crew hall is in Eta, Ruby Arch. When I checked I just a bit ago, I was in Diamond arch and it showed the tailor and the flag hall. A while earlier, I was in Emerald Arch and it did show both crew and flag hall as well as a shack I'm room mate in someplace in Emerald.

So, maybe since I'm both Captain and Monarch? now I'm confused. I thought I had it figured out....

checking my alt: gem sitting at Turtle with home in apo on Oyster, both Diamond arch: the Houses button turned to HOME only. Hopping to Jorvik in Ruby, Houses show Crew Hall on Eta, Ruby as well as "home" apo on Oyster.

Oh well...

for our crew and flag, I've put the locations for the halls in the public news. Just in case we fergit :D
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Jun 20, 2010 2:18:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
XxBrynnxX

I support this idea
I also was thinking seeing as the housing button doesn't work if your in a different arch maybe at the bottom of the crew/flag pages there can be added another button for the houses.
Faithfuless Queen of Trouble
Merrida Captain of Hell's Circus
[Nov 16, 2010 3:13:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Bumping old thread, to include illos...

~Franklin
[May 7, 2012 9:27:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[May 26, 2013 9:41:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rowilliams

Daxyy and Daxy on Emerald
If u wanna know where I'm from look it up...
Stalker of too many forums...
And now part of the action too...
[May 26, 2013 7:14:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Inns should be on pirate pages.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[May 26, 2013 8:22:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesStGeorg

I do think crew and flag halls should be accessible from anywhere, especially since the ocean merge. It should not be dependant on them being in your home archipelago. It is like 'going home' but to ye crew/flag abodes so really ought to be similarly possible. Theoretically PP might lose some dub spending on whisks I realise, but conversely more people may buy crew/flag halls as they are possible to get to. Besides most use friends, crew or alts to whisk free anyway.

Displaying their existence on crew or flag pages ought to be a minor thing as it happens for pirate housing, and could be done in the same way.
Jstgeorge of Emerald.
[May 27, 2013 9:13:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Inns should be on pirate pages.

-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Aug 17, 2013 1:23:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

We could still use this relatively minor enhancement, please. ;-)

~Franklin
[Oct 14, 2013 6:21:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Spam or other nonsense that disrupts the forum's formatting, functionality, or usability - including "bumping" threads is strictly prohibited in the Forum Rules.

- Pro
[Jun 16, 2014 9:28:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

I've deleted the posts which repeated a large amount of material already earlier mentioned in this discussion thread.

I've unlocked the thread but please keep in mind Prometheus's warning about "bumping" (meaning essentially copying existing material repeatedly).

[Jun 29, 2017 8:13:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates