• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2536 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Nineinches

24hr SMH and win a tan parrot unnamed

i was thinking about doing a 24hr SMh and one lucky person will be chosen at the end of the trip if we dont sink of course. i will pick a pirate who have met the required things

one FREE PARROT UNNAMED TAN and another color i dont know which one yet but its gonna be a tan parrot

required things

1) must be from start to finish and working or defending at all times

2) you must remain on the ship the whole trip that means from start to finish.

thats pretty much it for rules if there is alot of intrest i will set a date and time
[Jun 16, 2010 8:17:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Timm22t

Re: 24hr SMH and win a tan parrot unnamed

hmm not many people can probably stay for 24 hours... what happens if no one wins the parrot?
----------------------------------------
Jennyjen
FO in the crew, Aftermarth
Royalty in Beginning of the End

Galene greeter chats, "People still use crack but that doesn't make it any less illegal!"

I own immy
[Jun 16, 2010 11:34:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

I think this is a neat idea, kind of like "survival of the fittest" (or just survival of those who have too much free time). As someone who's helped with past 24 hour sea monster hunts, a few suggestions for you:

-Have really good staff that you can trust. You'll also want to have more than one XO and MAA lined up, as they probably won't stay the whole time, and even if they do it'll be nice to have a backup.
-Have someone on the ship who does nothing but watch stations. I'd recommend not giving this job to your XO, as he/she will have enough on their hands without having to keep track of that too.
-Prepare for sinking. Even the best navvers sink sometimes, so you'll want to create an alternate plan if that happens.

Useful links:
-A well-planned one on Hunter
-One that was completed on Viridian.

Good luck!
[Jun 17, 2010 6:42:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dublinzom

Few questions;

1- Can you and your crew handle 24 hour smh first of all? How many bnavers will u happen to use and if only1 i tell you he/she will have performance drop after 4 hours.

2-Explain the exact requirement to give the familiar to? Are you aware that you will create a huge mess onboard?

My opinion; This doesnt look OK, it can be quickly tarted away and im sure jobbers would enjoy geting planked after 10 hours puzzling but 1 minute ZzZ . To whom will be rewarded the familiar is another question mark, no nicknames stated in your post is also great.

Doorbell
[Jun 18, 2010 2:58:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
24V

My opinion; This doesnt look OK, it can be quickly tarted away and im sure jobbers would enjoy geting planked after 10 hours puzzling but 1 minute ZzZ

i would agree with this, your going to get some mighty p****d off players that have slaved away for 24 hours and get nothing ..... not to mention its really not to healthy to be on the pc for 24 hours straight, you would have to give breaks at least.
there is also the keeping track of people at all times to make sure there either puzzling or defending, its a logistical nightmare and i cant see what you and your crew would get out of it either (apart from ther 2 million owners chests)
But hey.... what do i know... im a simple land lubber, have fun but remember 24H on the pc = DVT (google it) those get up and move around messages that popup from time to time are there for a reason.
Rampage on Sage Emerald

I don't do many avatars now days but if you want to see some of my favorites click Here
[Jun 18, 2010 4:36:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
donut1001

Few questions;

1- Can you and your crew handle 24 hour smh first of all? How many bnavers will u happen to use and if only1 i tell you he/she will have performance drop after 4 hours.

I think this statement is incorrect. Not everyone performs at the same level. Some people can start off fantastic, and drop from there.....some people start off bad, and rise up after a little while. Some people even just maintain their awesomeness throughout the whole SMH.

Unless you have statistics to prove that a performance drop will most likely occur after 4 hours, please rephrase your statement :D
I've quit.
[Jun 23, 2010 3:13:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dublinzom

Frog pictured pirate; please go on doing what you are doing in parley, this is events .
[Jun 24, 2010 6:29:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Noxcious

Well, much need not be added as Frog has spoken xD.

-bows down-

But...yes. I think a 24 hour SMH would be an exaggeration. Multiple factors such as:-
1. People Need To Sleep for 3/4 hours atleast.
2. Any normal person's puzzling abilities drop after 6-8 hours?
3. Will the ship carry enough stock for 24 hours?
4. If it does, what if it sinks o.O

Questions:
Which ship do you plan on using anyway?

Ultimately, I'm more or less not behind earning PoE any more thanks to my awesome luck in poker (sarcasm intended), so it seems crazy and I'm in. 8D

@Frog: I agree to the people who can maintain a stable performance. I myself can bilge steadily for 5-6 hours getting Excellents and Incredibles but I doubt I can go on. I believe that would really be Geeky and somewhat freakish? :O
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Noxcious at Jul 2, 2010 10:16:05 AM]
[Jul 2, 2010 10:12:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dublinzom

[quote]
2. Any normal person's puzzling abilities drop after 6-8 hours?[quote]

I think you will have to show your proofs to mr frogman abt this statement first
[Jul 2, 2010 11:00:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Noxcious

Firstly, fix the quotes. You forgot to add the "/" in the last one.

Urm..No, I doubt I would have to because that's a bit of common sense.

A normal individual can't do anything for over 12 hours LOL. (except sleeping and eating while watching TV in bed I suppose, that's always an exception ;O)

But again, I'm sowwiie I couldn't find proof Mr. Frogmann ;_;

-bows down and then vanishes into the shadows-
[Jul 4, 2010 11:36:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chrkut

Questions:

1When will people (including you) relieve yourselves?
1.2.... get Food?

2 Does that 24 hours include the initial jobbing period? Jobbing periods in between? Do you have to be on a station for those jobbing periods? How can they be, since there are not enough, or defending stations while out of Atlantis?

3 What happens if a glub glub occurs? Id be pretty pissed if I stayed on for 23 hours and 30 minutes just to be sunk in the last 30.

It is not fair to force your jobbers to stay on for 24 hours to get a parrot, if you won't be on there for 24 hours with them.

Thats.. a lot of stock. And a lot of poe for that lot of stock.

I know I cannot ignore my family, life, rock collection Pets, for that long. I can't even get them to leave me alone for a 30 minute stock run.
~Chrkut~
SO of Perilous Puppets
[Jul 5, 2010 12:52:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

A normal individual can't do anything for over 12 hours LOL. (except sleeping and eating while watching TV in bed I suppose, that's always an exception ;O)

This one time, the blockade board seriously was loaded for about 22 of the 24 hours in the window.

Moreover, blockades used to go on for 24 hours, and it wasn't uncommon for one person to admiral the entire blockade.

But yeah, puzzling for 15 hours straight = no life, but back in those greenie days, it seemed so worth the 200k.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jul 5, 2010 2:07:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chrkut

Everyone in a cade gets tired. In Atlantis, the trikes and the goons don't, but the jobbers will. And sinking is a huge possibility still.
~Chrkut~
SO of Perilous Puppets
[Jul 10, 2010 11:20:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates