• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2626 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Franklincain

uploading NON-IMAGE files to Wiki?? Reply to this Post

I would like to share a spreadsheet I've modified with other Pirates. This specific spreadsheet is designed to help track ships (and their respective locations and status) within the Pirate's Crew. As such, this file would qualify as a helpful aid (in my opinion) to other Pirates.

However, when I checked the Wiki, I found that the underlying assumption (based on the policies of File Naming) is that any and all files to be uploaded will be IMAGE files of some kind or another.

Am I permitted to upload non-image files to the Wiki? (Specifically, to my "user" page or a "My Utilities" sub-page?) If not, why not? Can we ask for permission from The Powers That Be?

Thanks~!
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Jun 15, 2010 9:36:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Re: uploading NON-IMAGE files to Wiki?? Reply to this Post

You can upload .zip archives.

Special:Upload wrote: 
Permitted file types: png, gif, jpg, jpeg, pdf, mp3, zip.

[Jun 15, 2010 9:44:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Re: uploading NON-IMAGE files to Wiki?? Reply to this Post

Uploaded...We'll see how it fares... ;-)

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Image:Vessel_Report_15June2010.zip
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Jun 15, 2010 9:57:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates