• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1113 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Calsan

Post-CI Oddity

Well, recently I jobbed aboard a Cursed Isle run. The strangest thing is, when we started moving back to the island, I KEPT GETTING TOKENS. Not to mention the fact my bilging didn't seem to do anything for the boat, despite how well I was doing. I'm not usually one to complain, but I dropped from renowned to respected because of this bug, and figured I'd post an image to show you all what happened:
Link to screenshot

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm confused as to how this happened and would like to prevent it in the future
----------------------------------------
If Charlie Sheen were a bully, he'd be Charlie Mean.
If he were a robot, he'd be Charlie Masheen.
If he were a pirate, he'd be ChARRRRlie Sheen.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Calsan at Jun 12, 2010 2:55:46 AM]
[Jun 12, 2010 2:05:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
martesb

Re: Post-CI Oddity

It's a bug. It happens now and then and it's annoying yes. Sometimes it helps leaving the puzzle and go back or restart your ypp window though.
Bloodydani
Bloodyviking & Marte
Featured in the best of Cobalt's crews
[Jun 12, 2010 2:27:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hoofhearted

I've experienced the same bug on sails coming out of CI, SMH and flotilla. If I see tokens when they shouldn't be there I now know to exit the puzzle quickly.
Jakaubrey
[Jun 12, 2010 8:16:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
669_669

This is your game falling party out of sych with the Y!PP server. If you continue puzzling with the tokens, you'll spot that you suddenly drop to booched after a LP or two, even if your client states you're performing Incredible (or whatever). The server reads the data, but it's wrongly formatted (inclusion of tokens) so simply gives you a 0 score instead.

If it happens, hop in and back out straight away, usually does the trick.
Realism: Optimistic Cynical Skeptisim

Bobzone (Midnight) since 26th Aug 2004
[Jun 12, 2010 9:20:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates