• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 19
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3044 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
Ilyarus2004

Really? Reply to this Post

Ok, so i understand we need more players on this game and i agree. Someone does something to get banned, and gets unbanned thats ok, people forgive, but if its something big, or they do it again, and get unbanned again? Seriously? If someone comes to a store and murders everyone, they don't get released from jail, they are sentenced to life or death. I know this is not murdering but someone getting unbanned twice and three times now, that is pathetic.
----------------------------------------
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[May 28, 2010 8:03:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Re: Really? Reply to this Post

Ok, so i understand we need more players on this game and i agree. Someone does something to get banned, and gets unbanned thats ok, people forgive, but if its something big, or they do it again, and get unbanned again? Seriously? If someone comes to a store and murders everyone, they don't get released from jail, they are sentenced to life or death. I know this is not murdering but someone getting unbanned twice and three times now, that is pathetic.

Who we tarting about now?
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[May 28, 2010 8:29:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Not gonna say names but i seen this happen to many people.
Russian on Midnight.

[May 28, 2010 11:32:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Oooh well yeah, it's unfortunate, but if it's OOO, you gotta deal with it. That is if you don't like that decision. If you do like it, in the other hand, I've heard the main office is very fond of cookies, good coffee and in need of a bigger aquarium. For Ceph, that is.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[May 29, 2010 1:12:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

How do you know they were banned and not just suspended?
Mat on the Meridian Ocean

Thank you to everyone who loves Blacksmithing!
[May 29, 2010 8:05:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Not gonna say names but i seen this happen to many people.

You can't make a claim like that and not back it up. Especially since most of us have little reason to trust you. About anything.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[May 29, 2010 9:35:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

How do you know they were banned and not just suspended?

I myself been trying to get that person banned and she told her officers that she was banned and i celebrated. A week and she is back.
Russian on Midnight.

[May 30, 2010 12:12:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Clearly you do not know how to permanently ban someone.

First step, /ban <insert pirate name>.
Anchovia
[May 30, 2010 3:23:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hehe33

Tragic...
Sparkylove - Cerulean
Iamthebilger - Emerald
Pinkjubjub - Meridian
Rocafella tells ye, "No guns for you"
Johnmoris tells ye, "No guns for you :L"
[May 30, 2010 4:56:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Littleman08

Tragic...

oh yes terrible >_>
Deathcore on Cobalt
[May 30, 2010 5:01:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

UnbAN wAzZy
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[May 30, 2010 5:51:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

[quote][quote][quote]. I myself been trying to get that person banned and she told her officers that she was banned and i celebrated. A week and she is back.[/quote]

You have just admitted to harrassment.

Be more appropriate at this point to, perhaps, figure out what has yer panties so tied up in knots about this person.

Perhaps, ye have a reason.. Seems she is suspended for misdemeanors ..not having done anything too horribly wrong and not enough cumulatively to out right ban.

This says it is more about you than her.
Keep doing it.. and ye may see one of them bansticks on yer horizon.
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[May 30, 2010 6:25:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

I did not admit to harassment, I know that person did several things against the rules, and OMs did not recognize many times after i and many others complained.
Russian on Midnight.

[May 30, 2010 8:08:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

So evidently the OMs disagree with you.
There's a shock.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[May 30, 2010 8:15:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

There was a time in this game when I really wanted certain pirates banned. When I found them unbanned, I was angry. As someone who's not directly involved with the banning/unbanning policies, you, me, and pretty much everyone else does not know the entire story.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[May 30, 2010 8:18:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Chaosrunner9

Funny, because somebody I know was banned an hour after he created his first Pirate, because the OMs deemed his name offensive, even though he did not find it to be so. He hasn't been able, or wanted to return to the game since.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chaosrunner9 at Jun 1, 2010 1:08:25 PM]
[May 31, 2010 6:48:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OdorOfFrodo

Fu King Pirates? I seem to recall that being an issue.
Ecavatar by Ecastasy!
Talisker wrote: 
Obviously this calls for dressing up as Karl Marx.

[May 31, 2010 10:17:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

I myself been trying to get that person banned and she told her officers that she was banned and i celebrated. A week and she is back.

Many people use the word "ban" to also mean "temporary ban"
Mat on the Meridian Ocean

Thank you to everyone who loves Blacksmithing!
[Jun 1, 2010 6:42:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

I love vague ranting posts that liken a mystery pirate's mystery actions to murder.

There's nothing like ridiculous hyperbole to remind you that YPP is, in fact, just a game.

On a more on-topic note: I'd wager that whatever you think the mystery pirate did either wasn't actually done, was appropriately atoned for (e.g. stolen goods were returned, penalty paid, suspension served), or wasn't actually ban-worthy (calling you an idiot, for instance, isn't worth even a suspension).
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Jun 1, 2010 9:13:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates