• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1010 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Freeskier

Suggestion: Centering Maps Reply to this Post

when looking at the radar on ship for greenies, it becomes a little annoyning to have to move the bars periodically. It would be fantastic if there was an option that centered the map on your ship when sailing. I just feel moving the map is akward and slow.
[Aug 13, 2003 2:55:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Turk

Re: Suggestion: Centering Maps Reply to this Post

The one problem with this is that if it autocentered, you wouldn't be able to move the bars to look at other archipeligos or whatnot without it snapping back to your ship.
[Aug 13, 2003 3:14:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

I like this idea quite a bit. To fix Turk's issue, you could create a little radio button that says something like "center on ship such that you could have that featured when desired, otherwise, it would be off.
[Aug 13, 2003 3:45:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
DarstTLon

Aye, I feel it would be more than useful - and I also agree, being able ta switch it on an' off as ye wish would be needed as well.

Cleaver - can ye please add it to "The List" ?
----------------------------------------
May yer cup o' Rum ne'er be empty,

Cheers,

[size=18]Darst T'Lon

Darst, Snr Officer and First Mate of the Falcons o' the Seas
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pan

I had exactly the same thought yesterday. Why not just have a 'click to center' feature? Then you'd just have to click on the ship icon to center on it. I think that'd improve the map interface a great deal.

-Seabiscuit
Seabiscuit, Officer of the Yellow Jackets
[Aug 14, 2003 2:16:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pandonkey [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

Aye, click to center is a great idea. That way, ye have to take an action to center (so the view isn't always scrollin' around on ye) but ye can get centered quickly.

Another thing that would be really great with radar (which I use all the time now) is either the ability to target ships from the radar screen or the ability to use it in the crow's nest. I find meself constantly hoppin' back and forth between the two.
[Aug 14, 2003 2:19:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DarstTLon

muffy wrote: 
Another thing that would be really great with radar (which I use all the time now) is either the ability to target ships from the radar screen or the ability to use it in the crow's nest. I find meself constantly hoppin' back and forth between the two.

I cannot agree more heartedly Rif... I like the use of the radar, but I need the targeting of the Nest... if they could put them together would be bliss.... maybe this also on "The List"
May yer cup o' Rum ne'er be empty,

Cheers,

[size=18]Darst T'Lon

Darst, Snr Officer and First Mate of the Falcons o' the Seas
[Aug 14, 2003 9:17:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates