• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3166 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
uppy_pay

Puzzle Booch? I think not..

This happened to me earlier today!

No moves!

Has anyone had it happen on other puzzles?
----------------------------------------
Kattles, where it counts. (Cerulean)
[May 8, 2010 9:26:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Re: Puzzle Booch? I think not..

Happend to me twice in SW
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[May 8, 2010 9:29:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Happened to me once before.
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[May 8, 2010 11:27:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Has anyone had it happen on other puzzles?

Besides happening every once and a while in shipwrighting, you can end up with no moves in bilge (very rare), spice trapping browns in distilling (about as common as SW), no moves from the start on a bnav board (also very rare), and some unfillable 8 or 9 constellations in dnav (very rare).
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 9, 2010 3:47:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Ship thing happened to me, we were in a trap of rocks and got basically full damage cause you could shoot over one rock but ended up disengaging after like 30 minutes.
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[May 9, 2010 10:16:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
okmxpro

Must have just run out of nails. Must be a term out there somewere. Cmone mates, someone come up with a word for this! youl be rememberd forever on some obscure yppedia page!
Bowstring on Cobalt - Captain of Shot In The Dark.
"No captan can go very wrong by placing his ship alongside the enemy." -Heratio Nelson
R.I.P. Bleweyedoc, the best mate I ever had.
[May 11, 2010 3:05:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sky_of_fire

Come to think about it... There has been a lot of small talk in the inn and on a few ships I've been on lately about the random generators. Few people complaining of a huge amount of breakers at the start of a sf.. and then none for a while and vice versa.

Just my two cents.
Mrimported

Retiredish
[May 12, 2010 12:30:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

Come to think about it... There has been a lot of small talk in the inn and on a few ships I've been on lately about the random generators. Few people complaining of a huge amount of breakers at the start of a sf.. and then none for a while and vice versa.

Just my two cents.

Anecdotal evidence at best, that and you and the other swordfighters probably don't realize you get breakers, just not the ones you need. Happens all the time, the random generator is fine. I think the SY, Distillery and sea boards need to be tweaked so there are no "traps" (mo moves whatsoever). Otherwise there's nothing wrong with the randomizer. You just think there is.
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[May 15, 2010 8:21:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

The Java RNG is *not* fine; it's been demonstrated it's not very good. :P

However, even if it was, there would still be breaker droughts - it's simply a matter of statistics. Given enough time there will be losses that are just pure bad luck for plenty of players...and often those will be some of the most frustrating and memorable ones. If those are prominent memories of SF, then even if they happen once every hundred games, they will seem to stick out and occur way too often.
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[May 16, 2010 12:22:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HelenWalker

Here is mine !

Shaktii
Senior Officer - Freakshow
Cobalt Ocean
[May 22, 2010 3:10:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

I am only able at SW, but the bottom right piece with the single white does fit into the top right corner where the wild-card takes the space of the white. There are plenty black and brown pieces to make the rest work.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[May 22, 2010 5:58:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeaDogPete

I am only able at SW, but the bottom right piece with the single white does fit into the top right corner where the wild-card takes the space of the white. There are plenty black and brown pieces to make the rest work.

Look again =)
~ Seadogpete ~

Captain of Red Alert
King of Kismet

On several oceans..but mainly Cerulean
[May 22, 2010 6:06:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Look again =)

Ah, the cross-eyed wickedness got me yet again. Thanks for the correction of an apparent deslexic. Another target missed, move that rock-pile over yonders, so that I can shoot it, that shippie is in the way and won't budge :-)
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[May 22, 2010 10:33:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Since the flag is only one notch up it is still possible to dismiss without penalty - your score only counts if you hit the fifth notch or higher.
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[May 26, 2010 10:09:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates