• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 68
Posts: 68   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15871 times and has 67 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

Singing Hera's Praises - Win a Hera doll! [Winners announced!] Reply to this Post

Winners announced here

Here in New Zealand, the weather is getting colder and the autumn leaves have just about finished falling. I'm not a huge fan of winter, so I need some cheering up as I huddle in front of my fire listening to certain other Ocean Masters brag about their tans.

May is Music Month in New Zealand and as a big fan of Kiwi music, I find that very comforting as we head into winter. After browsing through my CD collection, however, I have discovered that not many Kiwi song writers dedicate their songs to important themes such as pillaging, Oceanmasters, Olympian Gods and pirates. This gap in my song collection must be rectified!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a Parody Song celebrating spring in Puzzle Pirates. References to myself will make me smile, but are not absolutely necessary. References to how very evil Cronus is will also make me smile (a lot!), but again aren't necessary. I don't mind which genre of music you use; my taste in music is very broad indeed and I'll sing along to just about anything (especially over a tot of rum!).

The winner(s) of this competition will win their very own Hera doll* to serenade. Runners up will have the chance to win other goodies**.

The rules are as follows:

1. Entries must be placed in the entry thread here . Only entries submitted in that thread will be valid.

2. The competition deadline is 11.59pm game time Sunday 23 May . (You can check the current time in game by typing /info).

3. You may only enter one song. Entries must clearly state the name of your pirate and which ocean you would want to receive any prizes on.

4. Edits of entries will be accepted up to the deadline only. If you edit an entry after the deadline, that may disqualify your entry.

5. The song can be of any genre, but the original song title and artist should be referenced to at the beginning of the post.

6. Entries are open to all oceans and players who prefer to submit entries in Spanish or German may do so. (My thanks to Clotho and Thalia for volunteering to help judge any entries submitted in those languages).

7. You do not need to sing the song, only write the lyrics. You won't be disqualified if you do sing the song as well as post the lyrics, but you will not get extra points for doing so.

8. All parody songs entries must be pirate-themed and must be clean. I want to be able to sing these songs out loud near children and not run the risk of burning their little ears off or getting mobbed by their mothers!

9. Originality is important! Any entry that plagiarizes another mate's work will be disqualified.

*number of Hera doll prizes awarded will depend on the number of entries.
**Hera themed items such as Hera Egg furniture and Purple Handkerchief trinkets.

------
Para español da clic aquí.
----------------------------------------
Hera
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Hera at May 31, 2010 5:57:20 PM]
[Apr 30, 2010 2:18:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Re: Singing Hera's Praises - Win a Hera doll! (deadline 23 May) Reply to this Post

Thank you all for your patience while I judged this competition. I can truthfully say this was the most difficult contest I've ever judged; there were so many excellent entries and I had a great deal of trouble getting the number of prize winners down to a manageable level. I've sung myself hoarse over the last couple of weeks and have loved every moment of it. You should all be extremely proud of the wonderful songs you have created!

Tied for first place and who each win their very own Hera doll to serenade are:
Minsiem of Cobalt with Ocean Master. I was giggling all the way through this song, wonderful work!
Johnathan of Midnight with Its a Piratey Day! A very clever parody and I especially liked the 'Can we do it again' line.
Devilmaster of Midnight with Shoot the BKs. I'll sure to be singing this song when next I go out Brigand King hunting!
Imp of Malachite with The Last Scupper I loved the clever references to Spring and the limited edition Verdant Cutter. References to Cronus being a dried up rotten pineapple also made me giggle.
Adrielle of Viridian with a version of Spencill Hill. A very fun parody with a references to planking and spam that had me chortling.

Runners-up who win a Hera Egg, purple/blue handkerchief and a nice bunch of purple daisies:
Shaktii of Cobalt with a parody of Don't Cry For Me Argentina who had me giggling with the 'Don't cry for me poor old Cronus' verse.
Tubic of Viridian with Spring Time in Puzzle Pirates who managed to squeeze in a lot of references to spring in his song (and sings very well too)!
Rarotonga of Midnight with 'WooHoo' I had trouble singing along with this; apparently I'm no match for Christina Aguilera! I enjoyed the clever references to spring throughout this song. Well done!
Tritón of Jade was judged by Clotho as the top winner of the entries written in Spanish. Felicidades!
Ellenya of Viridian with Hey there Miss Hera I was especially impressed with how you managed to fit 'permacultuarally' into your lyrics! And the line about Cronus being a pest. Well done!
Hawkings of Viridian for Adverturous Sailfish This was a song I'd never heard before and very much enjoyed your parody of it. Excellent work!

Honourable mentions who get a Hera Egg and a Spring Bouquet go to:
Lamoxlamae of Midnight with Ships for Pillaging I felt ancient when I realized that Billy Idol's Flesh for Fantasy was from 1983, so thank you for that moment! I loved your version and found it very easy to sing along with.
Kerayzee of Viridian with Hippity Hop Lots of fun references in game items, good job!
Cindelle of Cobalt with How to slay a trike. As someone who never can slay a trike, I found this very amusing. Wonderful!

If you check your inventories, you should see your prizes there now.

Again, thank you all for your fantastic entries. You have made my May a memorable one!
Hera
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hera at May 31, 2010 5:56:29 PM]
[May 2, 2010 9:51:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silentmover8

Re: Singing Hera's Praises - Win a Hera doll! (deadline 23 May) Reply to this Post

great event i would sing but i dont have something to record my voice :( (dont pay me out im actuly realy good at singing)
~Silentmover of the awsome Sage ocean

~Avatar by the wonderful Remnant
[May 2, 2010 11:12:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

Hera is awesome. Reply to this Post

:o

Must! Enter!
Minsiem the Facetious of Cerulean-West: a Burple Punny
I wonder if they are using the same internet we are using.
[May 3, 2010 1:10:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

8. All parody songs entries must be pirate-themed and must be clean. I want to be able to sing these songs out loud near children and not run the risk of burning their little ears off or getting mobbed by their mothers!

As long as the parody form is clean...does the original also have to be? >_>
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[May 3, 2010 1:13:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

As long as the parody form is clean...does the original also have to be? >_>

Everything posted in the entry thread needs to be clean, so if you are cleaning up the original then that shouldn't be a problem.
Hera
[May 4, 2010 11:42:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Dark is okay?

I'm living Jesus Christ Superstar thanks to a certain musical family member. And. Obviously. Jay Laga'aia is the HAWTEST person on the planet even if us Aussies can't steal him away. So I feel this need to do something with that.

(for anyone who doesn't know, he played Judas in the New Zealand production. And Simon in a run here.)

Don't you love logic ;)
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[May 4, 2010 4:09:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
devil7117

Heh, I'm gonna have looads of fun with this one.
Devilmaster on Midnight

There's no better feeling than stabbing a skelly with yer sword
[May 4, 2010 9:36:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bubbzky3

Love is all around
Reg Presley

I feel it in my hook
I feel it in my peg leg
The sea that's all around me
And so the waves grow
It's written on the ocean
It's everywhere I sail
So if you wanna pilly
Come on and let it show
You know I wanna pilly, I always do
My ship's made up and im ready to deport
There's always a beginning, but there'll be no stops
'Cause my swabbies suck I want you aboard
I see your patch before me
As I stand at my wheel
I cannot let you gun
Of all the things you said
You gave your labour to me and I gave my booty to you
I need someone beside me in everything I do
You know Iwanna pilly, I always do
My ship?s made up and ready to deport
There's always a beginning, there'll be no stops
'Cause my swabbies suck I want you aboard
I got to keep it sailing
It's blowing in the wind
Oh everywhere I sail
So if you really wanna pilly
Come on and sail with me,
Come on and sail,
Come on and sail,
Come on and sail,
Come on and sail with me
Yours Truly,

Bubbzky COBALT
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Bubbzky3 at May 5, 2010 11:37:30 PM]
[May 5, 2010 2:37:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Please remember, entries posted in this thread are invalid. Only entries posted in this thread here will be judged.

Dark is okay?

Dark is fine.
Hera
[May 5, 2010 3:29:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blacktoad3

And Yet 1 more reason why Hera is the Greatest!

Sorry Cronus fer any slader you may indure from my writtings....

"The Battle Of Hera & Cronus"

Written By Prince BadSanta of Colbalt.

Hera, I'm not wise enough to record a file, but if ya wanna skype, I would be happy to sing for you.
"Yo, Ho! Ho! Ho!

Avatar by P.S.itsmeagain @ (SmokingHitz.com)
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Blacktoad3 at May 5, 2010 3:46:11 PM]
[May 5, 2010 12:34:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
devil7117

so do piratified wordes such as scupper count :P

^ totally legitimate question
Devilmaster on Midnight

There's no better feeling than stabbing a skelly with yer sword
[May 5, 2010 6:10:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

so do piratified wordes such as scupper count

Replacement words used in the chat filter are fine, so the odd 'scupper' would be ok. Keep in mind the 'clean' rule though. A song completely full of filtered words probably wouldn't meet that requirement.
Hera
[May 6, 2010 1:25:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

okay, one last question from me... As a parody, the occasional line works left as it is in the original. Is that okay, or should everything be changed?
[May 6, 2010 4:43:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

I love this event. :) /e gets to work
Castawayjoe of the Midnight Ocean.
To err is human, but to arr is pirate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catharsis on Cobalt and Malachite.
[May 6, 2010 5:17:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

okay, one last question from me... As a parody, the occasional line works left as it is in the original. Is that okay, or should everything be changed?

If you believe the parody works better with the occasional line left the same, that is fine. Just keep in mind I'm unlikely to score a parody highly if most of the song is left original.
Hera
[May 6, 2010 9:40:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kariri

Okay... So.. Badsanta made me think of Christmas.. so what a better paraody! Then to make a well known Christmas song, piratey and spring...sorta lol.

Orginal Song- White Christmas
Singer- Dean Martin, or Frank Sinatra.. Whichever you prefer.

Title- Dreaming Of A Grand Frigate Pilly.
By: Kariri of the Colbalt ocean.

I'm dreaming of a Grand Frigate pilly!
Just like the ones we used to load!
Where Hera's smile glistened!!
And to Cronus no one listened!
To hear those pirates fight over rum!

With every spring greenie I plank!
Missing all the Cronus jokes and pranks!
Oh, will my Grand Frigate stay useless?

With every single ship we sink!!
Stuck with War Brigs and Sloops!
Oh, when will we sail my Grand Frigate?
oOoooOOOOOoooooooooo

Hope it gave you a laugh or two!

P.S. Sorry Cronus
~Love Always Kariri

P.S. Forgive me...I'm insane....
[May 6, 2010 11:18:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Please remember, entries posted in this thread are invalid. Only entries posted in this thread here will be judged.

Hera
[May 7, 2010 2:01:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kariri

oh. okay,.. seems I'm just presical. thanks!!
~Love Always Kariri

P.S. Forgive me...I'm insane....
[May 7, 2010 2:56:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Hera, if I do a parody as an entry AND I sing it for you... will you delete *those* photos from your computer?
[May 7, 2010 3:22:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

I heard a rumor she was going to share them with the winner ;)
[May 7, 2010 3:26:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

I heard a rumor she was going to share them with the winner ;)

Hush! That was supposed to be secret! >>
Hera
[May 7, 2010 5:35:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
justjames47

Fun event :D I got through the song and I wanted to do a second.
Justjames on hunter
[May 9, 2010 5:54:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a Parody Song celebrating spring in Puzzle Pirates.

So the parody should specifically be about YPP Spring? I'm a little confused. :P Spring and singing Hera's praises?
Minsiem the Facetious of Cerulean-West: a Burple Punny
I wonder if they are using the same internet we are using.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Minsiem at May 9, 2010 7:35:38 PM]
[May 9, 2010 7:33:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Neolious

Very nice; I seem to have an advantage because I celebrate New Zealand Music Month.

Gonna think of a parody of a well-known New Zealand song..

-gets frustrated-
Proud to be a Sage Pirate.
[May 10, 2010 2:56:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kgarrett1969

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a Parody Song celebrating spring in Puzzle Pirates.

So the parody should specifically be about YPP Spring? I'm a little confused. :P Spring and singing Hera's praises?

I took this to mean anything Pirate/Puzzle Pirate related is allowable.

References to myself will make me smile, but are not absolutely necessary. References to how very evil Cronus is will also make me smile (a lot!), but again aren't necessary.

Also, Hera clearly states that entries need not reference her or Cronus.

I'm guessing what confused you is the flavor text that Hera included to esure that the contest write up itself was not dull and boring to read.
Hawkings
Captain & Tactitian of Odin's Demise
King of Morrowind
Citizen of Viridian

Apollo wrote, "Hawkings has changed my life. ;)"
[May 10, 2010 7:07:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

.... anything Pirate/Puzzle Pirate related is allowable.

Hawkins is correct. Your entry doesn't need to specifically reference myself or any other Oceanmaster.
Hera
[May 10, 2010 12:52:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skrufymunky

This is to The beatles Yellow submarine.

In the Sea? Where I was born
Lived a Salt, that sailed the sea
And she told, us of treasure
In the land, of pillaging

So we sailed, over the waves
And we found, the arch of Gull
We all danced, while drinking rum
On our plain, Sloop of fun

We all sailed into the ocean sun
Into the ocean sun, into the ocean sun

With our hearties, on ships around
Many of them, we me right now
And the bilge rats, begin to play?

(Trumpets)

WE all sailed into the ocean sun

As we pillage, living free
Being a pirate, oh it?s the key!
To the door, of freedom ye
Sail into, the ocean?s sea!

(Fading)

-----------------------
Skrufymunky of Sage
SO of Sealords of Sage

Edit : I realize i did this on the wrong page, already posted on the real one
Skrufymunky of Sage
Senior Officer of Midnite Devils
Titled Member of Royal Army

I'm a Devil, and I'm proud of it.

Public Statement of Rising Darkness [quote]"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Skrufymunky at May 10, 2010 5:02:16 PM]
[May 10, 2010 4:59:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

I'm stumbling a bit over clean
...so typical...
[May 10, 2010 8:08:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
curapica_007

Ahoy , im really sorry forgive me lack of knowelge and english D: , but i dont really know what exactly the word ' paraody ' mean , If its what i think it is which is like another "version " of a song , then are we supposed to take a song and turn it in to a theme of PP spring ? and is there any speific songs that are limited the the New Zeland Music month . or we can choose any song ? i dont really understand sorry >.<

Thanks in advance , and sorry for hte lack of knowelge here D:
Neyonachi on Meridian !
[May 11, 2010 5:54:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 68   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates