• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2217 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Silico

Atlantis re-vamp Reply to this Post

Just wondering... what do people think of the updated atlantis?

In my opinion, the War Brig runs work fairly well, and there are far more job offers on the notice board now, especially at peak times.

However, though I enjoy it, I find it a little backwards. There's no huge war ship gunning down swathes of triketos or dealing with huge overpowering shrimps.

I'm saying this because since the update, I've only seen one or two War Frig smhs on Sage. Whether this is going to become the norm I don't know, maybe it is just a buck in the trend due to people trying new methods of smh-ing.

Anyway, was wondering what everyone made of it.
----------------------------------------

Kassima says, "Wow, I just did an insta in 7 seconds!"
Teabagbill says, "Novo once insta'd someone in negative time."

Silico on Sage
King of the flag Novo Admiration Society
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Silico at Apr 24, 2010 9:36:38 AM]
[Apr 24, 2010 9:35:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scooberboobe

Re: Atlantis re-vamp Reply to this Post

Just wondering... what do people think of the updated atlantis?

In my opinion, the War Brig runs work fairly well, and there are far more job offers on the notice board now, especially at peak times.

However, though I enjoy it, I find it a little backwards. There's no huge war ship gunning down swathes of triketos or dealing with huge overpowering shrimps.

I'm saying this because since the update, I've only seen one or two War Frig smhs on Sage. Whether this is going to become the norm I don't know, maybe it is just a buck in the trend due to people trying new methods of smh-ing.

Anyway, was wondering what everyone made of it.

I think this will continue if the WB SMH's make alot of PoE. If WB's make more money than WF's, it would really be easier to load, rejob, buy stock, cheap ships. If WB's aren't making enough PoE, I'm sure people will just return to WF's.
Then again, WF's are easier to kill of gorg's and arch's, so I personally have the opinion that War Frig's are the ideal ships for Atlantis and people WILL return to using WF's instead of WB's soon.

On a side note, I also think OOO are too lazy to promote the game. Oh less players? Make smaller ships survive in SMH's! B00M!
[Apr 24, 2010 1:30:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

Its just still in its 'OMFG SHINY!' stages. People will get sick of just killing trikes and sometimes with the odd bnaver trying to kill a gorg/arch. Give it a few weeks/month and it should be semi-normal of what it used to be, Example black market + Dub prices.
Lesgreg
[Apr 24, 2010 11:40:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chrustschov

Its just still in its 'OMFG SHINY!' stages. People will get sick of just killing trikes and sometimes with the odd bnaver trying to kill a gorg/arch. Give it a few weeks/month and it should be semi-normal of what it used to be, Example black market + Dub prices.

Prepare to be overjobbed while you at 50 jobbers by a WB i say.
[Apr 25, 2010 3:34:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

It's excellent to be able to run a successful medium ship Atlantis. On the more populous oceans I expect people will still have the choice of a WF one if they prefer; WFs still have a higher payout from what I hear. But letting WBs and Baghlahs have some success is great for the less populated oceans or times and it gives a lot more people the opportunity to learn the craft, perhaps moving up to WFs later when they get a reputation.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Apr 25, 2010 6:00:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smileo

I can tell you without conferring that malachite supports this change ++
'Tis not true, that I are psychologically challenged
I prefers the term "Mentally Hilarious"

Smiley
Could very well be a rogue.
[Apr 26, 2010 1:21:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hamsterz4

It also seems that it takse a better bnav then usual (or atleast one who knows when to heal and when not to) to nav a war frigate now. Spawns seem to have increased on the two WF runs Ive been on malachite (I think the onlyones that have loaded?) and then few I job for on hunter.

Ive done a single WB SMH. It paid for stock with only 40 minutes in, at times only 20 jobbers (malachite people), and being my first SMH nav, I thought it was pertty good.

It could be a mala cure.. but I still believe OOO needs to put more greenies on Malachite -- which won't work now, that other oceans are going down in population.

Ive only been on 2 sinks, and its HARD to sink IMO, unless you go into the gorg's or arch's zone. Its hard to sink an arch, 20 shots an they are still alive.

Also, xebecs apprently just sink the end good bye.
Mamabuns tells ye, ">.> do not talk to me"
Guess who's back... back again.
[Apr 30, 2010 7:23:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

With the new Atlantis, the entire map is a gorg spawning zone. Well not the shallow end because the trikes are reserved for WB's and such, but the deeper ends are more Gorgs/Arches and less Trikes.
I like it, it's harder now :D
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Apr 30, 2010 8:25:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Epiphonelp

My SMH fun has been obliterated, I went on random SMHs just to laugh at how bad the Bnaver was doing when there weren't any decent ones up until the update.

Gives us Chuketos back NOW. Novonyx was also kixass.
[May 3, 2010 1:34:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Timm22t

I dont like it... Tryed the new atlantis day it came out... Got spawned by 6! Archs
Jennyjen
FO in the crew, Aftermarth
Royalty in Beginning of the End

Galene greeter chats, "People still use crack but that doesn't make it any less illegal!"

I own immy
[May 5, 2010 1:48:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

My SMH fun has been obliterated, I went on random SMHs just to laugh at how bad the Bnaver was doing when there weren't any decent ones up until the update.

So... from what I've seen here on the forums, you get your fun from mocking and belittling those who aren't as good as you, while tarting about those who are more successful/have more Stuff.

That's pretty sad, IMO.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[May 5, 2010 3:07:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fattony91

So... from what I've seen here on the forums, you get your fun from mocking and belittling those who aren't as good as you, while tarting about those who are more successful/have more Stuff.

That's pretty sad, IMO.

Well said <3
Substrate on all oceans and 1337 forum bandit
[May 10, 2010 7:06:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates