• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 45
Posts: 45   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6999 times and has 44 replies Next Thread
wrs1864b

Re: Doubloon Oceans Reply to this Post

I think it's much easier to play on a doubloon ocean, without paying money in real life, and that's how I played it.

And yet, you complain bitterly about the people who pay for you to play by buying dubs with real life money and putting them on the dub exchange.

This game isn't free, the people who work for OOO have to get paid somehow.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 3, 2010 4:40:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Epiphonelp

I think it's much easier to play on a doubloon ocean, without paying money in real life, and that's how I played it.

And yet, you complain bitterly about the people who pay for you to play by buying dubs with real life money and putting them on the dub exchange.

This game isn't free, the people who work for OOO have to get paid somehow.

I complain about people who spend HUGE amounts of money and spend like 10 hours a day when they're meant to take care of a family.

Spending 10$ or even 50$ a month isn't a big deal if you can afford it, but some people spend like... over 200 and that IS an issue.
[May 3, 2010 4:44:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

If you can really make a million a month by lazing on SMH then there is something seriously wrong with the game design there. I find that very doubtful though.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[May 3, 2010 6:06:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

2 things: to HMMM

1. Some one explanish what the difference is between people who have Real $ dubs to sell cause they want game poe.. and those who want dub and have gamepoe to pay for them..

And
People who have paid for SubTime on a sub ocean who need Game poe and people who have game poe and need the SubTime.

One ocean has the Dub exchange and one has the /Gift tool.

What is the difference between paying for a deal for something one wants ie a premade limited ship or rogue gf in dubs or trading for sub time?

What about a person who bought out ships, furniture and commodes with dubs paid by them in real poe cause they wanted out of that ocean and wanted to pay for subs on another.. Could have paid with game poe.. then they could have bought dubs on the exchange then coinscribed lol and no real money exchanged hands. between those 2.

Paying for Blue ocean SubTime with Dubs earned on Green oceans..can use no real money between the 2 parties.
Paying Game poe for /gift time means either the person has multi high stakes earning power on Green oceans to purchase paid dubs to change for Sub time.. or .. more likely .. has paid real cash for long term sub Time.. OR has a way to buy increments of game time that can be exchanged for blue ocean goods/poe and the other doesn't/ cant' (same as dub exchange or wants /need more than can pay cash for).

Both have had real money sunk into them in the first place.

Whether you spend 10 or 2000 real dollars a month on your entertainment budget is ' choice '.

What is 'defined' by the word Obsession.

Its' paramaters?

Is there a blanket standard that everyone HAS to fit under for doing anything that is Always negative and Grossly Irresponsible that can be attatched singly to the amount paid in real cash.

Where do you draw the line?
More importantly, how are YOU capable of all knowing every single person playing .. this game.. and their level of real life responsibility, obligations, current circumstances, financial security, their interests, goals and directions and choices.. both voluntary and of necessity. As well as their mental Health, Status, and Circumstances. And Physical.

One can find statistics, studies, mathmatical calculations to support or discount just about any thing one can dream up.

Are schools obsessed with teaching reading? One might think so with all the studies and publicity about 'some' students reaching upper school levels and not reading . Are All teachers Failures.etc etc.

I can think of a hundred applicable situations, subjects, topics that can fit both positively and negatively in the obsession Category as ye describe.

What about the people who do spend time with family on here. Are we nuts to spend any of our real money on this game have wonderful bonding times ..creating memories with grand kids hundreds .. even thousands of miles away? Kids away at school..brothers , sisters, parents, friends.. .. the sick the healing the recupperating..the retired.
People who travel for business who would rather play here than sit in the bar all evening..

People in Palliative care.. Yes .. I have know 3 personally,Passed who were logged on huge hours at times. Right up to the end.

There are always people who risk too far.. make 'bad' choices, need to escape from .. wish family were interested in some special interest they had..A craft, a skill, a job,...

Just think.. where would we be today if Bill Gates had not had access to computors at a young age when no one else did.. I bet some of his friends and their parents thought his parents irresponsible
allowing what ever amount of time he did spend on them. That's how the general population thought then..

If course there was a time people thought for absolute sure.. the world was flat..even tho they enjoyed the benefits of goods sailed from half way around the world.

The game does limit the monthly spending on the game. It does have safeguards for parents to use if they choose to.

I am sorry if you feel you have or a family member has over spent .. their time.. or money.. on the game..

I would say there is an indication here that other issues at play that need closer attention than simply the game.

And who is to say said person is.. for them.. actually .. wasting said time or money. For them. somepeople have met future real life partnerships here.. successfull ones.. Not just Coupling.. Job related too.
Some have discovered talents and pursued development of them.
Some are programmers, game developers, computor artists..coders, admin etc etc..
Some are in school for these things..
Some have written books on parts
.. some kids have developed all kinds of computor skills and interests that took them into future paid jobs.
Some support sideline, home business..

If you get caught up in some activity that you fall for the ADVERTISING for Don't go to
Disneyland with kids.
Pretty quick life lesson..especially at xmas.

Edot: Eyes and Fingers in Different oceans today
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by REJBELLS at May 3, 2010 7:17:48 AM]
[May 3, 2010 6:33:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Epiphonelp

I didn't hit a million only by lazing, and in fact defending even if not using spacebar isn't considered lazing, and before the update it was VERY possible to do so since the time you spent on it counted more than the duty report when dividing chests.

Second: I SEE a problem if someone spends $2000 a month on a game, not only Y!PP, but I do know of people who have spent more than $5000 in YPP just for poker money (not all $5000 at once though).

I know every person has a different economical status but even if I had a monthly income of ten million dollars a month, spending $2000 on a game is totally retarded. Where's the fun of earning ingame money in real life?
[May 3, 2010 7:40:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

I'd like to know who is spending 10 hours a day playing Puzzle Pirates and disregarding their children and yet somehow needs to buy 1000s of doubloons to sell to buy the things they want to buy, but that's really a topic for the other thread, which I'm not taking seriously because its premise is so absurd.
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[May 3, 2010 10:04:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Spending 1% of your income in order to do something you really enjoy for 10 hours a month doesn't seem particularly out of line to me. And people with higher incomes tend to have less free time, which moves the time-money slider to something very different from what it'd be for someone who has oodles of time and not much money. Two grand is a couple of doub ocean blockades or a weekend in Vegas with friends. /shrug
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[May 3, 2010 1:46:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

because at 19 i know everything amirite Reply to this Post

I think there are serious issues with the equivocation of the virtual and the real (though I wouldn't say Vegas is real, either), and the effect that has on our culture and mental health. I'll say with confidence that Eiphonhelp is not raising those issues.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by funnybones at May 3, 2010 4:16:44 PM]
[May 3, 2010 4:16:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Second: I SEE a problem if someone spends $2000 a month on a game, not only Y!PP, but I do know of people who have spent more than $5000 in YPP just for poker money (not all $5000 at once though).

Why would you spend that sort of coin on YPP when you could do it on a real poker site?
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[May 4, 2010 2:59:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Epiphonelp

Why would you spend that sort of coin on YPP when you could do it on a real poker site?

That's what I can't understand.
[May 4, 2010 5:52:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

1. Some one explanish what the difference is between people who have Real $ dubs to sell cause they want game poe.. and those who want dub and have gamepoe to pay for them.. And People who have paid for SubTime on a sub ocean who need Game poe and people who have game poe and need the SubTime.

The difference is that trading Dubs for PoE is legal and supported by the game mechanic.

Trading Sub time for PoE is against the TOS and if the "seller" refuses to /gift you after you've sent the PoE, or vice versa, you have no recourse.
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[May 4, 2010 6:22:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

I complain about people who spend HUGE amounts of money and spend like 10 hours a day when they're meant to take care of a family.

And how many hours a day did you spend "pillaging your [booty] off" to make your millions of imaginary silver pieces?

If I really wanted to, I could have that same amount of play money without spending any more time on the game than a visit to the "Buy Doubloons" page and another to the doubloon exchange. Nor do I have a family to look after. Does that make me a good person?
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[May 4, 2010 4:55:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

Yes Starhawk you are a very good person.

[May 4, 2010 5:17:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Yay, I've been validated!
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[May 4, 2010 6:15:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

And how many hours a day did you spend "pillaging your [booty] off" to make your millions of imaginary silver pieces?

QFT.

Oh, and I have a family to take care of. I putter around "working" from home. It's in inverted commas because I don't feel like I'm working when it takes me under 2 hours a week to do my "job". I send my child to school at 8:40am and pick him up at 3:25pm let's see... 6 hours, I can play Y!PP and do housework at the same time, and do. He goes to bed at 7:30pm, I go to sleep at midnight - or after, let's go with Midnight for now as an easy number that's another 4 and a half hours.

Oh look. I can spend 10 hours a day on the game and still spend every moment that my child is awake with my child caring for him. And if I wanted to spend two grand a month on this or any other game who are you to tell me that it's wrong?

Sanctimonius pest. (No not Starhawk, he's the one I'm actually agreeing with.)
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[May 7, 2010 8:02:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 45   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates