• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5550 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Guppyzr

In the Name Of...- [Deadline Passed] Reply to this Post

On 11th April 2005, nine new Ocean Masters were hired: Amphitrite, (possible!) Bia, Clio, Dionysus, Eurydice, Hypnos, Lelantos, Nemesis (the awesomest) and Prometheus. Over the years, many of these Ocean Masters have had avatars and other great works of art commissioned in their name- some more than others. Now, 5 years later, the time has come to celebrate their 5th anniverasy In the Name Of... them.

Rantz's winning entry to Draw the New Oceanmasters- an event that took place in June 2005. From left to right: Dionysus, Amphitrite, Bia, Lelantos, Clio, Eurydice, Hypnos, Nemesis and Prometheus.

Entry Criteria:
  • It's simple enough, make an avatar for any or all of the second wave of Ocean Masters.
  • They are: Amphitrite, (possible!) Bia, Clio, Dionysus, Eurydice, Hypnos, Lelantos, Nemesis (the awesomest) and Prometheus.
  • Your avatar should (unsurprisingly) be useable as a forum avatar- I should add that I cannot confirm whether or not avatars will or will not be used as forum avatars.
  • The avatar must not exceed 150 by 150 pixels.
  • Along similar lines, the maximum file size of the avatar should be less that 60000 bytes.
  • Please ensure your avatar is in .jpg, .gif or .png format only.
  • For the purpose of this event, avatars should not be animated.
  • Entries should be posted in the relevant entry thread (see below) as an image by 11:59:59PM game time on 23rd April 2010.
  • This article on YPPedia explains how to post an image on the forums.
  • Please include your pirate name and ocean in your entry post.
  • You may enter as many avatars for as many Ocean Masters as you wish- but please keep them to a single forum post per entry thread.

Entry Threads:
There are three entry threads for this event; each corresponds with three Ocean Masters. Please ensure you post your entry in the thread that correspons with the Ocean Master you designed the avatar for.

Prizes:
This event isn't about prizes at all. Nevertheless, the following avatar artists have generously agreed to provide a custom-made avatar for use as a prize in this event.

Cassopia- Example Avatar- entry to "Avatars for Thalia"
Chiichan of Sage- ^_^ Chiichan's Art ^_^
Jayne- Jayne's Avatar Shop!
Lowko- symmetry- an avatar shop
Scheherazade- Delicious, Fluffy Avatars for Your Enjoyment
Springreen- Springee's Avatar Shop

* Thanks to all of them- prizes will be sorted out at the end of the event.
* I may also (possibly) have a few commemorative trinkets to give out- but I'm not making any promises here.
* I'm also looking for anybody else who would be willing to help fund or provide other prizes for this event- if you could, please drop me a Private Message. Thanks.

Deadline and Judging:
Entires posted after 11:59:59PM game time on 23rd April 2010 and entries not posted in the specifed entry thread will not be eligable for prizes. Judging will be completed by me, some of the avatar artists and (possibly) some of the second wave OM's. Prizes may be awarded for depth of skill (high quality of art) or breadth of skill (high quantity of art)- in other words, prizes will be given to those who deserve them. The final results are final.

Useful Links:
Tips and Tricks for Entering Events
How to Post an Image
----------------------------------------
Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Guppyzr at Apr 27, 2010 8:33:06 AM]
[Apr 11, 2010 1:28:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

Re: In the Name Of...- [Deadline 18th April 2010] Reply to this Post

Entries

Adrielle of Viridian:

Kiziak of Viridian:

Lowko of Viridian:

Missjessica of Sage:

Nickipin of Opal:

Sinistergoat of Viridian:

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Guppyzr at Apr 28, 2010 8:19:36 AM]
[Apr 11, 2010 1:29:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

=D
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Apr 11, 2010 8:06:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
ddraigeneth

Any reason you only left it open a week? Lots of people have been busy Doodling. I've just plain been busy.
Gwiddon d'Sage - Making her own avatars since 2005
DeviantART

Is yer sword a foil?
[Apr 18, 2010 3:35:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

Any reason you only left it open a week? Lots of people have been busy Doodling. I've just plain been busy.
Aye, the time limitations were all part of the challenge. But then again, the doodles...

Forget that...

Deadline has been extended to Friday 23rd April 2010- 11:59:59PM game time! Get drawing ;)

[Apr 19, 2010 8:41:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nickipin

Nickipin - Opal
[Apr 21, 2010 5:41:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

For your entries to be fully valid, you will need to post your entries (as individual avatars) in the corresponding entry thread:

[Apr 22, 2010 9:44:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
puppy1254170

Kinda flows, kinda doesn't X)
Missjessica on Sage Emerald

Starting back up from square one. *Sigh*
[Apr 23, 2010 2:55:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

Re: In the Name Of...- [Deadline Passed] Reply to this Post

Apologies for closing this event late.

The deadline for In the Name Of... has now passed and judging is in progress. Results will be revealed as soon as possible!

[Apr 27, 2010 8:32:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nickipin

Is there still an Evaluation?
Nickipin - Opal
[Aug 22, 2010 6:13:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

I don't know, but I think it's safer to assume NOT, and then be delighted if anything happens after all.
[Aug 23, 2010 4:56:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates