• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1610 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Cleaver
Captain

Banned and never played, perhaps on Dial-up Reply to this Post

We have discovered a problem with our Banning code that makes it amenable to banning large numbers of people who are on dial-up connections. We're sorry about this and have tried to expunge the poor bans. Drop me an email to daniel@threerings.net if you're affected, and rest assurred that with the next release you will be unbanned.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Cleaver at Aug 13, 2003 3:26:55 AM]
[Aug 13, 2003 3:26:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Blighty

Re: Banned and never played, perhaps on Dial-up Reply to this Post

I emailed you...five days ago now and I'm still banned... Not to sound annoying, but everyt'ing okay..?
Arr? Arr.
[Aug 18, 2003 5:24:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.bridgetothestars.net [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

I THINK I'm right in saying that there hasn't been a new release since Cleaver's post (someone will no doubt correct me if I'm talking me usual rubbish) so the new code has not been introduced yet...new releases happen fairly frequently so I'm sure if you're patient there'll be a solution to your problem along soon.

I'd guess there are quite a few people affected by this, so there are probably tons of e-mails now - so it's probably quicker to work on the new release than to take the time to manually unblock hundreds of accounts thereby delaying a release that fixes it.
[Aug 18, 2003 5:33:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aur

Yeah, and here I was waiting patiently for the new release just to get maps back for sale. I feel for those who are completely banned. Hang in there. Shouldn't be long.
~Aur
Original Riot Starter

"So now you know, and knowing is half the battle. The other half is HWFO." -Hermes
[Aug 18, 2003 5:36:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blighty

Yeah, you're probably right... What's the average gaptime between releases, and do you have to downloand everything again? (All this is eating into my free playtime!)
Arr? Arr.
[Aug 18, 2003 5:54:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.bridgetothestars.net [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

At the moment, fairly frequent releases - every couple of weeks or so on average (again, someone with a better memory than me will tell me how wrong I am!) and if you have already downloaded the game, the last release added a feature whereby anything new patches on, rather than a full re-download.
[Aug 18, 2003 6:05:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

The deal with the maps...for the second I was on, I noticed that they were for sale, but I couldn't put any of my personal ones up (I own the shop), didn't get any money for them, and can't adjust prices. Is this just a place to put the maps but not make any money or what?
[Aug 19, 2003 9:55:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Blighty

Well, here be a new release! The release notes don't say anything about the banning bug in particular, but I hope it comes under general bugs fixed. Is that so? Or else I'll be downloading again for nowt.

edit: After five seperate electricity blackouts, I'm in! Seems like I'll have to wait for my broadband modem to arrive though, my 56kbps really can't handle it.
Arr? Arr.
[Aug 20, 2003 4:25:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.bridgetothestars.net [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Bans Reply to this Post

We continue to have problems with this. The next release this week should straighten some of them out.
[Sep 15, 2003 5:41:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Darigan

Hey I e-mailed you a couple days ago mentioning that I was banned and I also got the new release. It still says I'm banned when I try to log on. I haven't played this game before at all. Whats going on?
[Sep 23, 2003 10:00:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zai

My friends are banned for unknown reasons and can't even try Puzzle Pirates. I've told them to write the address listed above and they have, I've written the address above, we've waited through an update of the game, and none of us have gotten an answer or their IPs unbanned. Please advise further.
[Oct 6, 2003 2:47:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates