• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3732 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Kookiez8

New crafting puzzle idea (tailoring but can be adapted) Reply to this Post

Hi I have an idea for a new puzzle which would most likely work as a tailor puzle however I have no idea how to make a prototype, or go about submitting it to the developers so any help would be helpful thanks
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Mar 13, 2010 10:05:57 AM]
[Mar 12, 2010 6:08:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Giemz

Re: New Puzzle Idea Reply to this Post

Well then post here the design. If someone will really like your idea maybe they'll try to code it.

Shameless example
Fair Winds
Barbarosa of Malachite
Mostly retired - burned out at the moment.
[Mar 12, 2010 6:27:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kookiez8

I wasnt sure if there were anyone who could make the game who wanted to team up so to speak without me revealing my idea. If not then ill try to explain it but i might wait till tomorrow to see if anyone wants to help out
[Mar 12, 2010 11:31:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
madzack2918

I wasnt sure if there were anyone who could make the game who wanted to team up so to speak without me revealing my idea. If not then ill try to explain it but i might wait till tomorrow to see if anyone wants to help out

If you want anybody to take you seriously you will need to reveal your idea.
Omegaking of Meridian

Antix says, "Jesus was technically buried in a rock trap, and he came out alive. So I think it's a sign you have to rock trap."
Geologist says, "Wait, you're comparing Kory to Jesus?"

[Mar 12, 2010 12:18:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

A tailoring puzzle has already been selected from the GCPP.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Mar 12, 2010 12:38:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sscthunderbird    SSC Thunderbird    45916581 [Link]  Go to top 
Giemz

I think you are looking from the bad end :) Show us the idea and if it's good then you might attract attention. Nobody will respond with enthusiasm to "I have a briliant idea but I won't tell anyone".
Fair Winds
Barbarosa of Malachite
Mostly retired - burned out at the moment.
[Mar 12, 2010 1:45:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kookiez8

Thanks for all your replys, i think the idea can be adapted for other shop jobs.

Please bear with me as i try and explain this, there are versions of this game around on the internet i believe but i havent seen one to link to,

you start with a square/rectangle and the aim is to cut across the square to get to a certain , however there are enemies which move in the square as well as round the edge. As you complete levels more enemies that are faster appear plus a time limit might be implemented.

Any thoughts? Sorry for a terrible explanation
[Mar 13, 2010 4:24:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
algybot

Sounds like you are describing a game that was originated on the old Commodore 64 computer way back when. It was called Zolyx then, but has been cloned, ported, adapted and done to death on every computer platform since then :)

It was a brilliant game in it's original form, and was definitely one of my favorites. But I don't really see how it can be applied to a crafting puzzle in this game.

There would have been a possibility of using it for the Tailor puzzle, if one hadn't already been selected for that.
-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight
[Mar 13, 2010 7:32:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zack7711

would this be what your talking about?
http://www.worlds-hardest-game.com/
Dup

Cobalt Ocean
[Mar 13, 2010 8:36:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Sounds like you are describing a game that was originated on the old Commodore 64 computer way back when. It was called Zolyx then, but has been cloned, ported, adapted and done to death on every computer platform since then :)

I thought he was talking about Qix, but either way you're right in that it doesn't quite fit the aesthetic of Puzzle Pirates. All of our puzzles use discrete pieces (even gunning) while this game (whichever one it is) doesn't.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Mar 13, 2010 10:35:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates