• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2208 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
dime

[On The List] changing hairstyles... Reply to this Post

How about a barber shop?

There could be a handful of different "phases" of hair. From bald to the most hairy (my guy). Once every game month, your hair grows to the next phase.

And you gotta go get it cut. Or you walk around with a huge beard and haircut..

When I first played, I chose the huge hair and beard because I thought it was the most piratey.. And everyone else in the game is sporting baby faces and goatees. Make them PAY!
[Aug 12, 2003 7:36:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squidbeard

Re: idearrr for a shop/changing hairstyles... Reply to this Post

dime wrote: 
How about a barber shop?

Matey, that's the best idea I've ever heard! I can't believe nobody ever thought of something like this before!

I, for one, would LOVE to see a barber shop. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but this beard of mine is really, really itchy. I think there might be a nest of critters living in there, too...

--Sq
----------------------------------------
Squid
High Priest, Cult of the Red Mantis
[Aug 12, 2003 10:55:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
cycl0ps

Re: [On The List] changing hairstyles... Reply to this Post

Want to implement this easier? Just sell wigs at the clothing stores!

It would change ye hairstyle, but ye could take it off. No permanent changes, exisisting stores exist. You could make em real expensive and dye-intensive (it takes a lot of dye to get the kind of highlights the modern pirates demands, yar)
[Aug 12, 2003 11:19:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cycl0ps

exisisting stores exist

It's been a long morning already and it's only 9:00.

Cyclopean
[Aug 12, 2003 11:20:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

How do you apply a wig to make a beard disappear?

Otherwise, it's a fine idea.
[Aug 13, 2003 12:16:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
cycl0ps

why not remove the beard with a wig? Hats already change ye hair, me guess is that it would not be much of a challenge to implement them changing yer face hair as well. Just a different table assignment, I would think.

And this inspires me to a new idea: Fake beards! A classic tradition for the stylish young pirate!

Cyclopean
[Aug 13, 2003 12:35:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

I'm not saying the COMPUTER couldn't do it -- a wig could change your gender, facial hair, and shoe color if it's programmed that way -- I'm saying it makes no sense to have a wig remove facial hair. Adding hair does not remove it.
[Aug 13, 2003 12:43:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

removin' beards Reply to this Post

I think the idea would be that yer head is always completely hairless, and any hair ye have is a "wig". Then, removin' yer beard would just be takin' off yer "chin wig". *grin*
[Aug 13, 2003 2:30:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kraken

With a barber shop comes barber puzzles! Ye sit in the barber chair while the barber puzzles away your hair, be it facial, head, or other. When you "purchase" your cut, you get to choose from the existing list what it will look like, and the barber will then do some kind of puzzle, and what you end up looking like will be determined by what you chose as your "style" and the skill of the barber doing the puzzling. This could lead to some interesting hair styles from barbers who "booched" the cut :)

Dunno how feasable this is with the art that would be required. You'd also have to make sure people weren't getting a new style that added hair where there wasnt hair before, unless you didnt want to implement hair growing, then I suppose it wouldnt matter.

I could have a full head of hair, go in to get it cut shorter, and end up with half my head bald! Or start with a full beard, and end up with a goatee on one side and a trimmed full beard on the other, or maybe no facial hair at all.
Gorth

Midnight:
-Senior Officer of Dastardly Deviant Devils.

Azure:
-Owner of Spring Blade Iron Monger on Spring Island.
-Senior Officer of Dastardly Deviant Devils.
[Aug 13, 2003 2:58:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Implementing some form of hair changing has been on the list for a while, I believe.
[Aug 13, 2003 3:07:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
raabitias

how about there's a thing in options where you can check if you want it to grow or not
Spelling Nazi.

NinjaGuy wrote: 
Well, that's one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. Congrats.

Avatar done by the extremely talented Kanawinkie.
[Sep 27, 2003 5:36:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    raabitias    Eight Flame [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates