• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 45
Posts: 45   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8365 times and has 44 replies Next Thread
sweetnessc

Re: Rusport get over it!

A history-specific interpersonal conflict isn't really the same thing as a generalized spraying of bad sportsmanship, though.
----------------------------------------
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jan 28, 2011 2:41:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
butlert23

He just cracks me up, that 'ol Rusport. I kicked his butt big time a week or so ago and now he won't even play me. What a rube.

I was specifically referencing the comment quoted above.
I'm not accusing Tlzallen of being just like Rusport.
Simply saying that what he references here is no different than how he acted one week earlier.

Rusport won't play Tlzallen because or the recent history between them that's the same way Tlzallen acted with me. He had no problem playing me until I started kicking his butt.

Is it not true your mute list is stored on the server not on your client?
[Jan 28, 2011 12:14:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Mute lists are stored on your computer. (I just checked this on another computer in our house)

However, they are account wide. If you mute someone on your main, the person will be muted on all alts on that account.
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Jan 28, 2011 12:46:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

He just cracks me up, that 'ol Rusport. I kicked his butt big time a week or so ago and now he won't even play me. What a rube.

I was specifically referencing the comment quoted above.
I'm not accusing Tlzallen of being just like Rusport.
Simply saying that what he references here is no different than how he acted one week earlier.

Rusport won't play Tlzallen because or the recent history between them that's the same way Tlzallen acted with me. He had no problem playing me until I started kicking his butt.

Is it not true your mute list is stored on the server not on your client?

Not to put words in Pie's mouth, but what I believe she was saying, and I happen to agree with, is there's a difference between the recent history being solely that you beat them at a rumble match (or similar) and there being other inter-personal history that causes someone to mute you.

The first description makes someone (at least appear) a sore loser. The second is way more justifiable - even if you don't agree, Spearhalk.
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Jan 28, 2011 1:04:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhapzodi

Sisqi wrote:

Not to put words in Pie's mouth, but what I believe she was saying, and I happen to agree with, is there's a difference between the recent history being solely that you beat them at a rumble match (or similar) and there being other inter-personal history that causes someone to mute you.

The first description makes someone (at least appear) a sore loser. The second is way more justifiable - even if you don't agree, Spearhalk.

/e totally agrees!

& to break it down even further:
There is a difference in someone ALWAYS being a jerk to everyone and someone who is a jerk to someone he/she has had a bit of an unsavory history with.
Rhapzody says, "Would someone tell me again WHY we call them EX's?"
Jthebear says, "X, what you put on the map so you can tell the police where the body is as part of your plea agreement......"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rhapzodi at Jan 28, 2011 2:23:28 PM]
[Jan 28, 2011 2:22:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
waterdropp

Almost want to come back, find him, smash him and quit again... almost...
[Jan 28, 2011 6:10:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
butlert23

Over the last year I have Rumbled Tlzallen 8 or more times, up until recently he had the majority of wins. The last time we rumbled he lost. This is when he acted out, not before.
If it was the history between us and he had booted me from every fight (even this fight) or said good game when he lost before this. I would be inclined to agree that his actions were based on the past instead of just this loss. Had he won he would have said good game and happily accepted a re-match expecting to win again. His comment about muting me was emotionally charged from the loss and over the past I agree.
Regardless of the past I feel my point still stands that; Tlzallen made fun of Rusport for refusing to fight him after a crushing victory. The same as he did with myself and this was hypocritical hence the cartoon of the pot calling the kettle black.

Tlzallen is a decent rumbler and I enjoyed the challenge of fighting him. I thought it was a shame how he reacted. When I saw his post I couldn't help but laugh. I then posted my two cents. Readers may agree or not but this is my feeling of this experience.

Oh and do you know the history between Tlzallen and Rusport?
[Jan 28, 2011 6:39:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

Not to put words in Pie's mouth

Hope i wasn't the only one who read this and thought "Hehe, stuff in pies mouth"
Lesgreg
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lazyeyes1991 at Jan 28, 2011 7:56:11 PM]
[Jan 28, 2011 7:55:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DaneT

Well, more goes on at the Rumble tables then I ever knew, seemingly.
It has been said, my friends, that I like war. My friends, I like War. No...I LOVE WAR!

Danet - An old salt of Y!PP, but not the oldest by a long shot.
[Jan 28, 2011 8:20:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Velariel

Here's a question then for the general population because I am curious, and it fits in fairly well to the conversation.

When I play at the tables, usually in swordfighting but occasionally in other things, I will only play a person once (or at most twice) in a row. This means I will boot them if they sit down at the table again. It honestly has nothing to do with who won/lost, and more to do with me liking to play a variety of people when I do have the time to sit and play. Is this something that could/should be considered rude? I've never thought so, but I'm curious to see what other people think.

Tass
Tacita of Midnight.
Half blind, crippled, and Damned.
[Jan 29, 2011 7:04:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

Here's a question then for the general population because I am curious, and it fits in fairly well to the conversation.

When I play at the tables, usually in swordfighting but occasionally in other things, I will only play a person once (or at most twice) in a row. This means I will boot them if they sit down at the table again. It honestly has nothing to do with who won/lost, and more to do with me liking to play a variety of people when I do have the time to sit and play. Is this something that could/should be considered rude? I've never thought so, but I'm curious to see what other people think.

Tass

I think that as long as you respond kindly to tells asking why you booted that person, there's no reason to think you're being rude. Most people won't bother asking you, but I have been booted after playing the same pirate a few times, and I've also booted people who have already fought me a few times. I don't see anything wrong with the behaviour as long as you are polite when/if questioned.
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Jan 29, 2011 8:54:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Like Sis, I think (think? more like feel. why did you reject me? don't you like meeee?) it's rude unless explained why. I have no problems with people wanting a little bit of variety. I am actually always a bit hesitant to sit back at the same table without an invite, often I'll pop up my own so they can join me if they choose to.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jan 29, 2011 11:20:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

As far as swordfighting goes, I generally won't go sit at a player's table after I have just beaten them. I tend to think along the lines of "I don't want them to think I'm just trying to take their poe by beating up on them repeatedly" Along that lines of thinking, I tend to boot people (or just leave the tables for a while) who are constantly joining my tables after repeatedly beating me because I think that they are thinking along those same lines.
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Jan 29, 2011 6:45:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Springheel

With rumble, if you boot anyone who sits down on your table, it'll probably be 30 min to an hour till your next game. Personally I love playing the same person repeatedly for a few matches. You end up learning about their play style and what things work and what don't and how to improve your own game. Though I understand not wanting to play the same person when you're trying to improve your rank/experience cause consecutive games don't count.

Which is a completely different rational from Rusport's method of booting people who can beat him cause it will affect his able-bashing-boosted rating.
blah blah blah
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Springheel at Jan 29, 2011 7:43:57 PM]
[Jan 29, 2011 7:42:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

As far as swordfighting goes, I generally won't go sit at a player's table after I have just beaten them. I tend to think along the lines of "I don't want them to think I'm just trying to take their poe by beating up on them repeatedly" Along that lines of thinking, I tend to boot people (or just leave the tables for a while) who are constantly joining my tables after repeatedly beating me because I think that they are thinking along those same lines.

That's probably because, unlike me, you beat them. *grins*

Sublime is shame.
[Jan 29, 2011 10:32:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 45   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates