• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 24
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19338 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
REJBELLS

Fruit No one is buying??!!

Ok.. What am I missing.

Last 2 months.. it has benn hard to sell limes. Progressively getting to the point that o bought more sloops to store the limes so i could at least use a ship.

Now ye cannot ^^^sell^^^^ any^^^^ fruit!

Foraging myself and running my ships to port is my main enjoyment here.
That and holding jobs/ doing live puzzling is the only way to pay for a labour badge here.

If the spawning amounts and the buying amounts and the economy stuff are not jiving.. I would think a new dance step is in order! Please
!!

There has to be some way of doing something over here. besides solo sailing, begging someone to make up the 2nd on the tournies, finding a place that needs your labour to do online labour. Merchanting/shoppes seems to be way over crowded.. and taken care of.

Besides.. I am not throwing away my PAID for labour hours, or letting the brigands steal it either. and if monkeys start robbing me ported ships.. well..

Grumbles all the way to the cookie har..
----------------------------------------
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Feb 11, 2010 11:29:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Killrburrito

Re: Fruit No one is buying??!!

whi is this in the parents corner?
Partially retired and completely stupid.
[Feb 11, 2010 11:34:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

why is this in the parents corner?

<fixed>
cause she's playing on Crimson, and PC is the only place to post?

Rose, one solution would be, to forage in Tigerleaf Mountain and move those fruit to Dragon's Nest, since (on all oceans) fruit gets bought (at better prices or at all) in the next arch over. Alternatively, foraging in Cochineal, selling in Lima or Sakejima, though that is an awfully long way.
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Feb 11, 2010 11:50:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Fiest I would have to have a map source for tigerleaf or cochineal that is in steady supply.. My downfall.. Dial up takes forever to mem and the long arches are impossible.. for me and my connection at least.. to mem in one map.. ie possibly get there and not be able to get back. Not thati am complaining. I am endeavouring to mem what I do get .. Every time i get the map.

I have been the tigerleaf route.. with a ..please help me i am sinking crew.. .. It took me 2 hours to get to tigerleaf as we were drilled repeatedly by attacks. I swam behind the sloop to push it back to Dragon's nest. another nightmare.

Just a wee bit of fear on My part I think!..Please note tongue in cheek.
I have progressed to moving gold here tho! YARR! 2x I have made it clean!

There must be many younger ones that do not have the time or the expertise to do the interarches. Especially with Bot attraction amunition.

If there are too many of us finding limes and passion fruit
.. change up the fruit.... Make lemons out of the lemade.. as the saying goes backwards.

The fruit found in this arch cannot be sold anywhere else.
At least, not anywhere I can find. Or that anyone i know knows of.
Has to work both ways.. I would think

Use the new Trading posts to allow us to turn in stuff to get a credit.. or to get another bigger trinket. or something. anything.. something we can sell/trade that makes the labour badge worthwhile.
Whines off into the gookies jar again

Just stopping a whole part of the game is not a solution.

Wildsrose Of:

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Feb 11, 2010 1:30:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hizmet

Well that was also my biggest problem.

Now i got a solution! I PVP with a friend with me and try to get the monkeys and attack them! :D

No other solution...
Criman Of Meridian
[Feb 12, 2010 5:14:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Ohh fun! 100 limes and the monkeys...!

Winks.. and what do ye win!?
Umm MORE Limes!!!
Giggles till she has tears..
I can picture it now..

200 limes and no where to sell them!
Just trying to lighten us
.. Dang ate all the cookies!
Wildsrose Of:

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by REJBELLS at Feb 12, 2010 9:57:15 AM]
[Feb 12, 2010 9:56:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Ye can always run from dragon nest to tigerleaf and come back at reboot time :P

Ye won't be attacked and ye can sell yer fruits for profit at DN :P

During 30 min before reboot no spawn and ye can go to tigerleaf :P
Emerald
Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by etieti at Feb 12, 2010 10:01:43 AM]
[Feb 12, 2010 10:01:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Yes yes.. I understand about reboot sails.. I am not just thinking about me. I am thinking about the kids who play who like foraging and can't do much any more cause they ..
During reboot are:
At school in reboot
doing homework
sleeping
eating dinner/breakfast etc.
Not their computor time.
lost computor privelege for the day.
Parents are not home yet and they can't come on without them

etc..
This is a family ocean. This arch is huge.
It is a lot for the younger ones to even get it memmed/organized/ own all the maps to go from Sakejma or Lima to Dragon's Nest.
Let alone go over long hard arches and then they are stuck their cause the map dusted. Or they missed the reboot. Ot they have not got enough time and help etc.

Since we can/t take our fruit over the arch to sell it.. It does not seem right that on this child friendly ocean we can't sell a sloop load of fruit anywhere???

And.. since it will probaby be a very ling time before another island capable of purchasing our fruit will get opened...
I suggest that some kind of solution be put in place that works specifically for Crimson.

We are not talking GF full of fruit,gems,gold.. We are talking about approx a hundred pieces.. 200 if you are trying to use a wb..
Is anyone actually using an MB or MG to forage .. and move fruit? I can see perhaps an MB with some commodes.. picking up some fruit on the trip perhaps..

There must be something grossly wrong somewhere if one or 2 people are the only ones selling in some kind of hugemain ocean fruit amounts and ruining it for all others.
Change what fruits spawn and where to balance out THIS economy.

So that they may be sold in this arch. Change the amounts that can be sold in by one ship over x time....and or pirate/crew/flag.. something.. anything!
Wildsrose Of:

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Feb 12, 2010 10:26:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

etc..
This is a family ocean. This arch is huge.

You know, that's the one thing that bothers me most about Crimson: why on earth did they have to duplicate the Cobalt/Viridian layout for the family ocean, when there are other layouts with more and smaller clusters of islands?

I understand, it's easier to just replicate what's already there, then to start from scratch. But this is the Family Ocean. Young kids with tiny attention spans and parents with the patience of saints :)

Maybe the idea was originally to have them migrate to Cobalt or Viridian, once they've outgrown the family environment, so they'd have a "familiar" surrounding, though I must say, I've half of Viridian memmed from way back, and getting there on Cobalt, with part of Crimson thrown in, and I'm confuzzling myself all the time, scratching my head, and wondering how come it's not memmed when I need it... oh dang, that was on that ocean...
And I remember my excitement, when I moved from Hunter to Midnight and found this whole completely different layout to mem, which actually was fun!

If you compare the chosen layout to let's say Midnight or Hunter/Opal, Sage... etc. there are smaller clusters of islands comprising the arches.

The solution for Crimson may be to divide the Jade Arch into 2 separate arches... though, that might be too much trouble for the devs :( It sure would solve the fruit problem. And it finally could allow gems to be foraged and sold as well.

sorry for side-railing your lemon thread, Rose
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Feb 12, 2010 10:45:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Don't quote me on this but I think the reasoning behind using the Viridian/Cobalt map was that BECAUSE it's a larger Arch - it's a lot easier to concentrate the population in one arch without having everyone feel close and cluttered.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Feb 13, 2010 12:05:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

I understand that, but the arch is just too big. It takes forever to go from Lima and Sakejima to Dragon's Nest or vice versa. So, maybe another solution would be, to have mini-markets in the other 2 arches to purchase the fruit, like they were added on Hunter, when gems were introduced there....

And speaking of gems, that would also be a nice feature that could be added to Crimson to add more incentives. You'd still have to go interarch, but it gives alternatives.
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Feb 15, 2010 4:48:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Ohhh the Stench!!!

Been away and computorless.. Limes and other fruits still not able to be sold!

Tried dumping some lime and foraging on another island than the foraging island I left it on.. Got mostly limes..

This is getting a bit worrying!..
There have been a couple of interesting suggestions here.. as well as gems added.. No response from the Gods tho.

Not a good sign either. Have we been buried alive?
In heaps and heaps of rotting fruit! On wooden boats getting rotted thru!

To make even the regular labour badge worthwhile.. one has to have BOTH foraging and shoppe jobs. Neither one provides profit on its own.. For non stall owners.

Since I am having trouble getting the maps and memming routes in this arch.. I can only imagine how hard it is for the younger ones with an even greater time constraint.

Whatever the reason for not buying is.. economy balance, inconsistant monitoring of the ocean, time used on other oceans projects etc.. This does need attention.. Please.

It should not be necessary to pay for a badge to play a part of the game that is broken on this ocean.

At least reduce the dub cost of the badge until ye all have time to investigate solutions..please..

Willing to listen to any and all explanations.. Would love an update by a 000 person in the know!

If even a short curt .. No Plans at This time.. so that i may re evaluate my play and re adjust. my thinking.

Thanks.
Wildsrose Of:

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Feb 24, 2010 10:59:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Is now March 11th..

Still cannot sell fruit anywhere.

Still not heard what's going on that they can't be sold.
Redistribute the buy-in pay-outs for fruit so that it balances even.

Put a market in a less travelled route in the arch even.. and make the map available somehow. It was done On Midnight in a small arch even!With a ferry .

Ok ok .. I get it.. Time management.. I'll have to re evaluate my play there.
Drop the labour badges.. Just go over for a quiet sail once in a while when I need to be alone...

Looks at her lovely shippies.. and disappears into the mists of lost time!
Wildsrose Of:

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Mar 11, 2010 2:26:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Bulletin:
Fireworks Explode in the Sky!
Pirate has small HEart Attack trying to Sell Juiced Fruit to Market Before Buy Up Runs Out!

Wilds Is now recouperating At the Crimson Cave Sanitorium .
She is making great progress but has turned bright green!
A spokesman for the Sanitorium said they were not quite sure if it was staining from wading around in all the rotting limes or from the celebratory St. Paddies Day Grog she had later that day!
Only Time will Tell If she will regain her Rosie self.
Wildsrose Of:

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Mar 18, 2010 12:41:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

Fruit doesn't rot.
Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[Mar 18, 2010 1:12:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
wendy20

Wait! Just 2 years and I can open a furnishing stall to buy limes!
:P

-R
Call me Richarrdie.

Now in all English flavors!* **

*This means Crimson as well.
**Not including Hunter
[Mar 27, 2010 7:45:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mikelkk

Ahoy!
I have found an excellent program called Pirate Commodity Trader... with Bleach!
It will tell you who is trading and when. I find that I need to wait a week or so to sell my cheaper fruit, so I check with it regulary and when the prices are at their high, I trade run. Also good for best prices on gold or gems or if you are interested in profitable trade runs.
A superb resource in my opinion, and free.
Hope this helps:)
Cap'n Bentbeard on Sage
[Apr 1, 2010 7:05:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mikelkk

Hmm, had a look and just wanted to add, limes are probably the cheapest fruit there is. Pirates drink rum, not tequila :)

Another suggestion is to find another island to forage at. A little research on Yippi for which islands spawn which fruits and a check of the Trader for prices should do the trick. I had to do this when my favourite forage island became inhabited, grr. I now run mangos and pommies.

Fair winds to ye.
Cap'n Bentbeard on Sage
[Apr 1, 2010 7:21:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

We do not have rum on Crimson at all.. Just need cb to stock a ship.

I would love to see the distill use limes and sugar to make limonade .. or some fancy piraty name for it to replace the rums..
The graphics for the lack of rums sickness.. could be scurvy sickness based..Something pirates did suffer from. Equally if not funnier graphics.

Is the commodity trader even set up to accept Crimson yet..?
Last I checked it was included yet.

We also do not have gems (I hope this is a --Yet-- too).
We only really have One arch. This is the problem. So far, I have only been able to find Passion fruit and limes on any of the foragable islands within my range. I have not yet gotten maps to connect from sak to Dragon's Nest so not sure if ther is any other fruit available there.

I do have a ship I currently purchased with different fruit on it on Tigerleaf. Since early game I have not been able to pillage another map for that run.

I believe there is another interarch somewhere in the top leftish of the map.. But, never been ther or had a map to it.

The econmy on Crimson is struggling.
There do not seem to be buy offers that relate to sell prices of either finished goods or commodities. The meager buy prices are for those who happen to pillafe a cloth or paint or commodity accidntly off a bot shop ship they fought. The opportunity to buy at one island and sell at the next is not a viable opportunity .. yet.

Most of the stall owners are experienced players from other oceans.. so they take care of their own business quite easily. They also are not going to set their buy and sell in such a way as more inexperienced stall owners do.. meaning you are most likely not going to see an offer to buy higer than an offer to sell no matter which island you are on.. across the ocean

Also , dubs here are still outrageously expemsive to buy on the exchange. Next to impossible for any youngster trying to earn enough to purchase anything of higher value.
A base cost of close to a hundred thousand poe to purchase a basic Cutter with no add ons or paint is just ridiculous!

Like the above poster quipped.. 2 years to get a furniture stall so he can buy limes lol..
On any other ocean.. in 2 years.. the average player would be able to purchase a deluxe shoppe! and supply it etc. have the ships to support it.. the social connections to labout it and people to support sales lol... no problem.

Maybe by next year.. stall owners will be able to run stalls without supplementing with dubs from another ocean.

When the game does get to a jumping.. we will all remember the 'old days' wjen you could not even sell the fruit ye foraged!!!

And giggle...I am sure!

Lubs Crimson!!
Wildsrose Of:

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Apr 6, 2010 6:30:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Annikaa6

What fruit can you get from tigerleaf then?
[Nov 11, 2010 5:43:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

Pomegrenades and mangoes
Emerald
Cerulean
[Nov 11, 2010 9:25:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

Pomegrenades and mangoes

Do pomegrenades explode when you throw them?
Kimmy

I play a few oceans :)

[Nov 11, 2010 9:17:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
selyobwoc

Sorry, I usually do not watch this forum, but if any of you want to know the secrets of peddling fruit, I have made millions at it. The problem with fruit is prices change daily on all islands. That is to say, you might be able to sell limes at 16 on Charcoal today, but the next day they will only sell for 3 poe each. So given that every island has different prices for fruit and they change daily, you must get up early and look at every island and decide which is paying the best. Then it is time to sell fruit, not before. sell Rambutan and Passion fruit at 66 or 65 a unit. Sell limes and Pineapples at 16 a unit. The best thing is to keep one large ship at a foraging island so you will have a constant supply. Just keep loading that ship with fruit and move it to the other ship so it will be closer to the selling island. Then wait for the day that that fruit sells the highest. What I normally do is have a large ship in one arch and another large ship in the arch next to it. An example would be Jubilee and Hadrian. this way you can bring ram to Jubilee and on the return run you can bring Passion Fruit to Hadrian. Now, of course you will have to travel further to sell the fruit, but at least you will have a ship load closer to the correct market eventually. You can sell a frigate full of Ram for over 90k. So there is poe in being a fruit merchant, but I will warn you know, it's hard work. You will always be sailing. You will never see your friends. I usually sail around the ocean 3 times a day delivering fruit.

It's a good living, but you must be dedicated. Good luck. Feel free to contact me in game for further tips.
Daperjack on Cobalt

[Jan 14, 2011 12:25:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Sely ???
Are you referring to Cobalt or Crimson?

The only places I have found that buy fruit are on Lima, Skaejima and Dragon's Nest.

I have never seen Limes over 5 or 6 poe on Crimson.
I may have 'missed' ot .. but I do not think so.

If you have a Frigate on Crimson.. How did ye do that?
(90k only gets ye about 18 -19 maybe 20 dubs on a good day on Crimson.)

I will have to check out if Crimson has markets on Jubilee and Hadrian. I have all the islands there on my map.. Do not remember seeing any markets anywhere? outside the one arch.
Not that I could get there in the near future anyway. lol..

The problem we have on Crimson.. is that days and weeks and longer go by before ye happen to get on and happen to be at the right time and happen to be fast enough to get there and sell the fruit before the other ocean players who sit with clients open watching while they play on the other oceans don't sell use it up before ye can get there.

I wish there were higher and lower paying cycles ..What we have is NO offers. Anywhere. 95 percent of the time. I think 95percent is generous too .. lol..as I haven't hit since the summer.

Your method works well on the regular oceans.

If you are selling in frigate loads of fruit on Crimson.. I haven't a chance in heck to sell my 70 limes.!!!

P>S> How many alt badges @ 15 dubs each do you have on Crimson to do the foraging. There are not enough people who have badges that would be on at any one time that would forage for you to fill a frigate let alone a galleon or an MB.. would take years to fill it yeself!
Wildsrose Of:

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by REJBELLS at Jan 14, 2011 7:03:49 PM]
[Jan 14, 2011 6:56:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates