• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 918 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Caraibes

3 times the same CI chart ? Reply to this Post

Ahoy,

I've made a search, but not found an answer to my question.

This afternoon, a successfull pilly on a bot gave me 3 CI charts at the same time.

But it's 3 times the exact same map (samne name, same locations, double checked ;) )

So here are my questions:

- Can I make 3 CI run on the same island ?
- I f I sell 2 of them, will it lower the forage done on this island when I 'll go to it ?

Thanks
[Feb 7, 2010 9:58:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

Re: 3 times the same CI chart ? Reply to this Post

Cursed Isles charts are usually rewarded 2 or 3 of the same at a time, and they don't dust like outpost charts, so you can sell the extras. They do go down with the ship if you sink though, so you may want to keep extras.

If multiple ships enter ci at the same time it increases the spawn that resists you, but what treasure you get from the cursed isle foraging is entirely based on your own trip, it is not lessened by others using the same point.

Also see this link:

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Cursed_Isles
----------------------------------------
~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
[Feb 7, 2010 10:44:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Both CI and Atlantis charts are often awarded in this way. As Chris says you only need one chart to keep going back, unless you sink, so you can sell two of them ... but getting a successful trip on a busy map can be a lot harder. The foraging is (as far as we know anyway) based entirely on your own puzzling efforts so no, your expected return would not be lower if other people go there, but your chance of survival will be a bit lower as the board spawns more cultist ships the more player ships enter it before it resets (and if they're chasing another ship, they're more likely to get in your way than if they're trying to chase you).
----------------------------------------
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Feb 8, 2010 6:20:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Caraibes

Thank you two fer the explanations :)
[Feb 8, 2010 6:27:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates