• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 54
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12658 times and has 53 replies Next Thread
REJBELLS

Re: Kwedit? Reply to this Post

[quote][quote][quote]EDIT:
[quote]But users can print out (or save on their phone) a bar code and take it to any 7-11 store in the U.S. for payment. [/quote]

Well I won't get to try it then D: I finally found the answer by reading the link Cleaver posted. I still refuse to put cash or anything of value in a mail![/quote]

Hmm This is interesting Captain cleaver, sir.
Yes I have had huge problems with paying methods. The new interface is a dream come true.
I live in Canada. That's part of the problem. It still seems to be a problem at the moment.. as the concept of " 7-11 anywhere in the world "is a great one..The reality is " ONLY in the UNITED STATES"so far.
There are also no 7/11 within 50 miles of here.

Secondly.. Not having a printer?? to print out this piece of paper.
Phone.. does this mean cell phone??? and if I was able to use that .. does this mean I would have to let the 7-11 guy .. have something to do with my phone?? like download this chit to his printer?? or something?

What just may work for Family Oceans.. Is the transferring the promise to relative part.
IF.. the parents/PP can put a limit on it as they can on our own accounts here. ie. the credit does not expand.

I don't know about the U.S. but sending cash thru the mail is way discouraged here. Possibly sending it registered mail may help.. to ensure at least it got there.. or not - if there is a dispute
. Sending cash like that .. is such an unwise thing to do in any case.. as who says who got it --pocketed it - is just about impossible to trace. No record of your end of the transaction.

I would say this whole idea is probably akin to an alcoholics need for alcohol in any form.

One of the things that stands out for me in this game.. is the fact that the whole idea is to play the game. that the game is fun and rewarding while on your way to collecting poe.

It's a concept..work first then spend.. spend with your budget.
A concept the game has provided me to help me teach my grandkids who play here, about the value of it.

It was a great struggle to get to where I am .. re being able to pay the real money to play.. and then finding a way to get it from me to PP.. I value the game even more because of that.

Once you pay real cash.. the game does not poof you either.. so if you need to not pay to balance your own budget for a while.. that's fine too.

It feels to me like a whole lot more trouble to have to go thru all this rig -a- morole and then leave your home and make some deadline to physically get to some place to pay for it..

And .. credit .. on your credit card. lol
so you have a bank account that has an overdraught in the form of a credit card which has an over draught accoumt for Kwedit.

Pretty soon we will be seeing K.A.'s advertised like we A.A. now.

Still sounds pretty Kwackers to me.
Winks..
Would love to see the numbers on this tho!
I am sorry to hear that game cards have been dicontinued.

If someone in my situation
----------------------------------------
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Feb 4, 2010 9:10:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

I'd be curious to know what factor is currently being used to determine who is approved for Kwedit. I was sent an email for my alt account, but none for the account Guantanamo is on.
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Feb 4, 2010 9:22:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

- We do not presently have any plans to do anything nasty to anyone's accounts who don't pay apart from not give them any more Kwedit. We're more interested in whether folks pay up, and that will determine whether or not we roll out the service to more players. That said, we reserve the right to abduct your pirate and put you in debtors jail if that turns out to be necessary!

I thought Jails were anti-listed? Does this mean that they are not currently in the pipeline, but should be removed from the anti-list?
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Feb 5, 2010 1:32:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maskforum

Forgot that PP get forwarded to my junk mail. Just took a look, and behold, Kwedit! I may try it out. But I really don't see any difference between this and a CC since you get a grace period.

Edit: After actually READING the email it seems interesting.

If you pay in time your Kwedit limit rises and you can get more next time.
Sounds great in a way for some people.

Edit 2: And its nice to see that there is still a monthly spending limit.
Mask - Hunter Ocean
Island degisner
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Maskforum at Feb 5, 2010 2:53:39 AM]
[Feb 5, 2010 2:48:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cgg1305

I would like to provide my feed-back as a recipient of the mail.

The service Kwedit offers is interesting somehow. Several times I wanted to buy doubloons for accessing Ice when a new release was announced, but I gave up because knowing that I couldn't buy dubs in a couple of days, I would have better waited for the release to be launched on production oceans anyway (read it as a double dig: 1. new releases are not tested long enough on Ice; 2. access to Ice for willing testers is broken).
Problem is, except for timing, Kwedit doesn't fix the issues I have with buying dubs. A few months ago I bought a 19.99$ package, which costed me 10$ in fee (Pay-by-Cash). While I'm very positive about the 20$ I paid to OOO for a game I have been playing for 4 years, I'm pissed off for the 10 bucks I gave to the company that offered a 5 minutes money transfer service.

I would be very happy if you guys could broaden your offer for non-online payments abroad or negotiate better fees for the existing ones.
Thanks.
Pishkirlin of Emerald
[Feb 5, 2010 5:11:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vnork

I live in Canada. That's part of the problem. It still seems to be a problem at the moment.. as the concept of " 7-11 anywhere in the world "is a great one..The reality is " ONLY in the UNITED STATES"so far. There are also no 7/11 within 50 miles of here.

The US is far from having universal coverage by 7-11s as well. The three cities I've spent time in over the past couple years have a combined metro area of >11 million people, and there isn't a 7-11 within 150 miles of any of those cities. I'm not in the target market for Kwedit, but a significant portion of Americans have no easy access to a 7-11.
[Feb 5, 2010 7:08:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

I personally like the game cards as they provided a level of security the other forms generally dont. Sad to see that i cant seem to find them any more. All the stores i would frequent with my spare cash say they have been discontinued.

The Target near me still has OOO game cards, and the CVS still carries the Ultimate Game Card.

Which game card are you unable to find?
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Feb 5, 2010 1:36:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redwinej

I personally like the game cards as they provided a level of security the other forms generally dont. Sad to see that i cant seem to find them any more. All the stores i would frequent with my spare cash say they have been discontinued.

The Target near me still has OOO game cards, and the CVS still carries the Ultimate Game Card.

Which game card are you unable to find?

I have gone to the target and they said they are discontinued, maybe it is only at my store idk. I used to like the $25 one but they dont carry any of them now.

I am not sure what the ultimate game card is. please enlighten me. Oh and i was unaware of CVS i will try there
Redtwo- On every dub ocean

Iron Monger- Holy Foil on Bowditch
[Edit 1 times, last edit by redwinej at Feb 5, 2010 2:58:14 PM]
[Feb 5, 2010 2:57:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Just to check I'm understanding this correctly:

Three Rings are offering players real-life money loans through a mediating company so that players (regardless of their known loyalty) can get the in-game items they want, and Three Rings is expecting this to work well?

I hope I'm missing something here...

From looking at the Kwedit (thing "Elmer Fudd pronouncing credit and wuining the waars"), this is primarily aimed at teenagers looking to learn how credit works. As you pay back your kwedit promises, your kwedit score goes up. That kwedit score can be used to determine eligibility.

In this case, OOO is offering game access and virtual items, which have no incremental cost, for a promise to pay. If you pay, great! OOO may get additional money that they would not have gotten otherwise.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Feb 5, 2010 3:37:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

I have gone to the target and they said they are discontinued, maybe it is only at my store idk. I used to like the $25 one but they dont carry any of them now.

I am not sure what the ultimate game card is. please enlighten me. Oh and i was unaware of CVS i will try there

There was never a $25 OOO game card. They come in $10 and $20 cards. A quick search for "Three Rings Prepaid Card" at Target.com shows that they are still both available.

The Ultimate Game Card is a card that works for many different games, including YPP. I know it's available at my local CVS and I've heard you can also buy it at 7-11. I've never used that one myself, but the billing page confirms that it is accepted.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Feb 5, 2010 9:45:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forumrizzo

Target still has them near me.

I'm glad to see Three Rings is attempting to help promote and collect consumer data for Kwedit but it just really seems exploitable to me. I'd be interested to know if anyone is planning for the "heck yeah I'm going for the free doubloons/subscription time"; I somehow think Three Rings selected their pool of potential testers, but I do not work for Three Rings.
Tomrizzo
Serendipity, Rebel Rousers
Emerald
[Feb 5, 2010 9:46:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randompanzy

- We do not presently have any plans to do anything nasty to anyone's accounts who don't pay apart from not give them any more Kwedit. We're more interested in whether folks pay up, and that will determine whether or not we roll out the service to more players. That said, we reserve the right to abduct your pirate and put you in debtors jail if that turns out to be necessary!

I thought Jails were anti-listed? Does this mean that they are not currently in the pipeline, but should be removed from the anti-list?

im pretty sure he was kidding.....

though i think this is kinda a cool idea and would like to use it if it goes live or if they open up to more people.
Randompanzy from Viridian now sailing on Obsidian
SO of Lion's Roar
Titled Member of Placeholder
The views on my post are of my own and not my flag.

Tranquilized says, u kno yer notorious for lagging? xD

[Feb 6, 2010 1:10:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.teamepsilon.net    phillip1904    GB Fayt    I'm a little kitty that goes MOO! :D [Link]  Go to top 
Charlienoah

The word "Kwedit" is annoying me already.
Nadinya/Nadinyarr
Call me Nads ;o)
Gods of War
Cerulean
[Feb 6, 2010 2:43:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Frostyspyda

im pretty sure he was kidding.....

though i think this is kinda a cool idea and would like to use it if it goes live or if they open up to more people.

I'm pretty sure they were both kidding.
Redspyda,

Hunter
[Feb 7, 2010 6:21:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

I didn't get this for any of my accounts, but darn. If not paying had meant that Cleaver showed up on my doorstep looking for payment, I might be tempted ;)
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Feb 13, 2010 10:36:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
shawn007

Dumbest thing I have ever seen.
Shawnthgreta of Sage
Former Prince of HE
Forme SO of YWN
FO of JFF
[Feb 15, 2010 12:42:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Colbert ripped Kwedit on his show during The Word the other day.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/265469/march-02-2010/the-word---kid-owe
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Mar 4, 2010 10:56:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/265469/march-02-2010/the-word---kid-owe

He's pretty spot-on. It's kind of embarrassing/appalling.

"foo-bituates"
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Mar 4, 2010 11:44:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hallaluah320

The video gave me an understanding of what Kwedit is... A kid-owe version of credit cards
Greenday
[Mar 4, 2010 9:24:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

I hope you all enjoyed the 400$ virtual house 99$ dog house 20$ devalued house joke
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Mar 6, 2010 4:43:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

I hope you all enjoyed the 400$ virtual house 99$ dog house 20$ devalued house joke

Not only did I like that, but I'm comparing it to the price of an Estate here in YPP ...

Seriously, the ending joke line:
If your kids can't pay, ask the banks.
If the banks can't pay, ask the government
The government will borrow from China
And China will get it from your kids.

That's ... brilliant.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Mar 8, 2010 1:01:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

So..I have been away for a month couch surfing and babysitting grandkids while their parents took training courses.. in other cities...

Outside of Colbert's Report! What happening with the test?

Did anyone try it out?

Was it easy and convenient?
Did anyone reneg?

Are they now in those black boxes.. or do the people who reneg just get blown up when they attempt to open it?
That could be great fun for 000! winks!

I am sure hoping that it is not put out as an alternative tho.. I can just imagine trying to explain that In Game there is no mechanism for credit.. and up holding the ..you click on the trade box and kiss ye trade goodbye!..rule.

Anyway.. what's 000 thinking?? now!!
Wildsrose Of:

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by REJBELLS at Mar 8, 2010 1:22:16 PM]
[Mar 8, 2010 1:20:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ex_Kaiho

Anyway.. what's 000 thinking?? now!!

This: (page 2)

Because Kwedit is so new, it's impossible to predict whether it will appeal to enough publishers to make it a success; to date, only two have signed on -- FooMojo for its FooPets and Three Rings Design for its Puzzle Pirates. All the others that Kwedit has approached, recalls Shader, are either taking a wait-and-see attitude... "or are so cynical they don't believe anyone will pay up on their promises."

Daniel James, CEO of Three Rings Design, is more optimistic, calling Kwedit's proposition "an interesting one," and he looks forward to Kwedit becoming a solution to the conversion problem that plagues him -- and all the other free-to-play publishers.
Advertisement

"I'll tell you very honestly that our average conversion rate for someone turning into a paying customer is about 5 percent," he explains. "So we've got a large population of players who are enthusiastically enjoying our game who have not transacted with us which is, of course, part of the free-to-play business model.

"Those people contribute to the game, we want them around, they are part of the community, but if there were a way of getting them to become customers, that would be worthwhile. And so we've signed up with Kwedit."

James confesses that initially he was reluctant to do so until he "got his head around the concept."

Says James, "People ask me, how am I going to be sure that gamers who promise to pay me, pay me? Well, the key thing with Kwedit is you aren't sure. Although you hope they'll pay you, you basically have to assume they won't. This isn't credit, it's Kwedit.

"There's no enforcement. No one is going to show up at your house and say, 'Hey, give us the money, kid!' But since they weren't going to spend money with you anyway, the risk is minimal. On the other hand, if they do pay, the upside could be very large."

If James is able to move his conversion rate from 5 percent to, say, 7.5 percent, he says, that would make a huge material difference to his business. "It is worth taking a risk in order to see if we can do that," he adds.

What enables him to shrug off non-payments, of course, is that the cost of creating the virtual goods that he sells is essentially zero. "We are like the Fed," he explains. "When they need more money, they print it. We do the same."

One risk for publishers is that gamers who might have legitimately bought virtual items with a credit card may now see the advantage of promising to pay instead -- and then reneging.

"That is a key question mark," says James, "and it's one that we will definitely keep an eye on although I like to think that the number of people who would do such a thing is exceedingly small."

Meanwhile, James has no results to report given the fact that Three Rings just began participating in the fledgling Kwedit program.

"People are making Kwedit Promises but I don't have data yet on how many or how quickly they're paying up or even whether they are keeping their promises," reports James. "It's too new. We are basically testing it with a significant number of players to see how they behave and, if the results are good, perhaps we'll roll it out more widely in a few months to some of our other games as well."

Seems to me without enforcement, it's just an experiment in Wishful Thinking.
I'm not yer mate, buddy.
[Mar 16, 2010 11:29:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Sad:

I can see it with the child having permission from the parent with a back up credit card deduction Scenario. and the limit cap.

I can see it for adults playing now..who can pay up with a credit card. Nearly immediatly. If the Kwedit is faster interface.

I can see it as a way to allow those caught in the excitement of the moment.. being able to experience more of the game that they are currently playing.. and perhaps , liking it enough to cough up more cause the game is incredible..

Or at least using it to supplement the earning the poes and exchanging to dubs scenario...That's what I do on the dub oceans.. I have a safety net of cash dubs.. supplemented by a good deal on the exchange with a winfall.

No consequences is never a good scenario. Nothing is ever scott free.. Or Tom or Dick or Harry either!

Just like kids who post or do dumb stuff that gets posted on the internet in their teens (or adults even )
that comes up at that Top Job Interview to bite ye butt. Any internet transaction that is recorded and reneged.. will still be there.

I can just see it now! Blob goes to get a mortgage on the first home he wants to buy. and instead of getting the credit approval he needs.. He gets KWACKED! for reneging on his Kwedit. Runs out of the room when he hears the monstrous Kwaking Kwacking of the angy Kwackers demanding their Kwedit back!
Wildsrose Of:

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Mar 18, 2010 12:18:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates