• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 54
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12659 times and has 53 replies Next Thread
Strider399

Kwedit? Reply to this Post

Who else got the e-mail?

How exactly does it work? Is there a penalty if you're unable to pay?
----------------------------------------
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Strider399 at Feb 3, 2010 6:31:25 PM]
[Feb 3, 2010 6:31:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

Re: Kwedit? Reply to this Post

Who else got the e-mail?

How exactly does it work? Is there a penalty if you're unable to pay?

It says there is no penalties, So If you don't pay up, they just won't let you take the loan again.
Yankeejr of Cerulean Ocean
[Feb 3, 2010 6:51:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

They won't let you loan again... Until you pay? Or ever?
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
[Feb 3, 2010 6:52:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

I'm not exactly sure on that one, You should sent a petition and ask the Om that is online, they will help you out.
Yankeejr of Cerulean Ocean
[Feb 3, 2010 6:53:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Who else got the e-mail?

For those of us who didn't get the email... what are you talking about?
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Feb 3, 2010 8:25:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

I got this email too..

It is a new system that puzzle pirates is trying out
It says that one of my accountas.. names my account.. has been selected to try this out.
It has neat pic of a funny duck.. hence the Kwedit.. quackers and credit! lol

It is a new system of honour.
You agree to pay by a certain date.. and they give you 12 dubs or a week sub. Then you give your email.. which you had to register to get the email .. lol..seems odd.. then you are supposed to go to a 7/11 or pay by credit card etc. by that date.

Personally, one of the things I like most about this game is that there is.. so far.. no interface for borrow/lend.

I would be very sad if this was a legitimate email and PP was actually thinking of doing this.

It boggles my mind!
If it is real.. I would consider helping them test it.
But , on first glance it is a quagmire. Not something I would normally use.

I do not use store cards/game cards /prepaid cards as i do not have access to re dependant on being driven by my kids once every few months to shop.. In one location.. for food.

I do not have credit cards.. I use the online interact route.
I like the promotional offers that have been around of late.

I do appreciate the new accounts and payments interface.. Even I can find my way around it.. and make sense of it all.

The offer is a voluntary participation one.. if you wish to be part of the testing... You still have to pay them whether you do it now.. or later.
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by REJBELLS at Feb 3, 2010 9:41:01 PM]
[Feb 3, 2010 8:36:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

This sounds like a scam/..

It's not a scam. It's a new billing method we're testing out with a few players. You can read more about it on their website, kwedit.com or here:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2010/02/03/kwedit-launches-the-first-completely-unreliable-payment-network/

This is not available to all players (and may not be) for various reasons, but if it goes well (i.e. people settle up their promises) then we'll roll it out more widely.

And yes, it's a wacky idea, but it just might work, and the company are friendly with us so we're helping them find out.
[Feb 3, 2010 8:44:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

This sounds really cool, excited to see what businesses will take advantage of the service.
[Feb 3, 2010 8:59:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

This sounds like a scam/..

It's not a scam. It's a new billing method we're testing out with a few players. You can read more about it on their website, kwedit.com or here:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2010/02/03/kwedit-launches-the-first-completely-unreliable-payment-network/

This is not available to all players (and may not be) for various reasons, but if it goes well (i.e. people settle up their promises) then we'll roll it out more widely.

And yes, it's a wacky idea, but it just might work, and the company are friendly with us so we're helping them find out.

Oh wow.. The one time I post before I checked my email.. and I get a reply from
Captain Cleaver!
I read the email.. then wiped my post and posted again.. still not sure.. .. so
Thank You very much , Cleaver, for your diligent forum cruising and your confirmation that this is not a scam.

I may think ye a bit Kwackers over this Kwedit, but I am pleased to have been choosen to try it out.

Tries to get the other foot out her mouth..and poofs.
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by REJBELLS at Feb 3, 2010 9:42:02 PM]
[Feb 3, 2010 9:19:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lanndser

Should I feel offended I didn't get this email? :P
Ship on Sage
[Feb 3, 2010 10:05:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

Should I feel offended I didn't get this email? :P

Yes, heavily, it's obviously a conspiracy against you.

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Feb 3, 2010 10:07:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
DeepNine

I went through and coughed up the three bucks to try it out. It went through without a hitch, and seemed nifty. If it succeeds, should we expect those with higher kwedit scores to get better deals for longer time periods? The 3$/week charge is much steeper than the 50$/year that most subscribers offered the deal are used to.

With proper limitations on who gets to tie kwedit accounts to pirate accounts, this could be very successful in drawing in those without plastic money. The only problem is, that market seems to be the most likely to renege on payment. I'm curious to see how OOO will choose which pirate accounts are high enough collateral, and how those that trash their kwedit score will be dealt with in-game, if at all.
Nine of Tyr's Own
Currently on loan to: Dies Irae
[Feb 4, 2010 3:45:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shafuraa

I am one of the people who got this, I believe Kwedit themselves are fairly new by the looks of things. The concept is kinda confusing but if you read their help section carefully you'll get this

What happens if I don't pay back my promise?

...Kwedit notifies the publisher that a payment was not received and the publisher decides on the appropriate action...

So it means, if you don't pay Three rings might come up with something which I think could risk your account. (Better pay up your loans kids)

It's an amazing concept once you understand it, and yes they are right to say that 7 Eleven is available anywhere in the world and can potentially be useful in paying for online services. BUT they never mentioned which part of the world you can use Kwedit! Will the 7 Eleven in my country accept this? I don't want to make a promise without knowing if i would be able to pay for it in the first place.

The unclear bit in their support page about the availability of this service to other countries. My english reading comprehension is not that great but what I got from that page is that I can use Kwedit here in my country but I want to be doubly sure :D Debts = Bad Karma.

And for the conspiracy theory why some people didn't get it; I think most people who have not made any payment and have probably expressed how hard it is to make payment without credit card or by sending cash whizzing through the mail would probably be offered this.

I'm already excited :D
Shafuraa of Sage
[Feb 4, 2010 5:08:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

yes they are right to say that 7 Eleven is available anywhere in the world

I'm not so sure about that!

It seems like an interesting idea. I imagine the price is slightly higher in order to cover the risk of default, which will be significant I would expect.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Feb 4, 2010 5:15:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shafuraa

yes they are right to say that 7 Eleven is available anywhere in the world

I'm not so sure about that!

It seems like an interesting idea. I imagine the price is slightly higher in order to cover the risk of default, which will be significant I would expect.

It'll be wicked though if there's one in the antartica. xD

EDIT:

But users can print out (or save on their phone) a bar code and take it to any 7-11 store in the U.S. for payment.

Well I won't get to try it then D: I finally found the answer by reading the link Cleaver posted. I still refuse to put cash or anything of value in a mail!
Shafuraa of Sage
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Shafuraa at Feb 4, 2010 5:43:13 AM]
[Feb 4, 2010 5:30:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

Just to check I'm understanding this correctly:

Three Rings are offering players real-life money loans through a mediating company so that players (regardless of their known loyalty) can get the in-game items they want, and Three Rings is expecting this to work well?

I hope I'm missing something here...
Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
[Feb 4, 2010 8:51:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ellopoppet

First lot to be banned, POKER PLAYERS!!!
~Athens~ Hunter

Want to know who makes my avatars?
[Feb 4, 2010 8:53:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

I think most people who have not made any payment and have probably expressed how hard it is to make payment without credit card or by sending cash whizzing through the mail would probably be offered this.

And the real freeloaders, who never had any intention of ever paying, will have to find another excuse.

Yay!
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Feb 4, 2010 9:15:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redwinej

I personally like the game cards as they provided a level of security the other forms generally dont. Sad to see that i cant seem to find them any more. All the stores i would frequent with my spare cash say they have been discontinued.
Redtwo- On every dub ocean

Iron Monger- Holy Foil on Bowditch
[Edit 1 times, last edit by redwinej at Feb 4, 2010 9:39:12 AM]
[Feb 4, 2010 9:22:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

I notice that Kwedit has a pay-by-mail option. It sounds very secure from an information standpoint. I'm surprised they don't take checks by mail, though. Maybe they assumed that anyone with a checking account will also likely have a debit card or some other way of directly transferring the money online, like PayPal. They didn't mention money orders at all. I guess people only use those to pay for speeding tickets when they're out of state on a business trip and forgot their checkbook. Not that I'd know anything about that. >.>

Oh, and they didn't say what happened if whatever you bought was like $19.95 and you sent in a 20. They won't take change by mail, so do they credit you for 1/5 of a doubloon or what?

Edit: Another question. Does this work outside the US? That would solve the game card distribution problem.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Benzene265 at Feb 4, 2010 10:06:51 AM]
[Feb 4, 2010 9:45:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Maskforum

Personally I don't really like the idea, seems a bit strange to me. I pay for doubs with my CC which is basically the same as 'taking a loan' since I don't have to pay it for two weeks.
So out of curiosity what would happen if no one would pay their 'loan'.
Would they get banned? Some of their expensive items dusted?
Mask - Hunter Ocean
Island degisner
[Feb 4, 2010 9:53:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Killrburrito

Personally I don't really like the idea, seems a bit strange to me. I pay for doubs with my CC which is basically the same as 'taking a loan' since I don't have to pay it for two weeks.

I am not sure on this but I believe it was mentioned in the beginning of the thread that a trade limit would then be instituted upon them and they would not be able to borrow or buy anymore until it is paid off
Partially retired and completely stupid.
[Feb 4, 2010 10:01:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

I would assume thats the whole point of this sample test to see how many people pay it back to determine how viable it is and how strong the punishment needs to be to deter abusement of it.
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Feb 4, 2010 10:45:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

There's an arbitrage scam hidden in here somewhere, I just KNOW it.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Feb 4, 2010 2:09:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Will OOO be making collection calls during dinner?
[removed by SOPA]
[Feb 4, 2010 2:32:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luther8

Will OOO be making collection calls during dinner?

I certainly hope so. Oh and maybe they'll mow my lawn for small payment too!
Luckylad of Midnight
[Feb 4, 2010 2:50:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
treepirate88

Isn't this conducive(sp?) to farming potentially?

I make an account, I use kwedit, I ships doubloons elsewhere, I don't pay, I get banned, I make a new account and do it again....
Expendable - Malachite
Lock it up.
Apollo says, "Expendable, I will now spank you with extreme prejudice"
[Feb 4, 2010 5:34:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Hello again;

- There will be no attempts to collect. Your dinner is safe from Cleaver calling.

- We do not presently have any plans to do anything nasty to anyone's accounts who don't pay apart from not give them any more Kwedit. We're more interested in whether folks pay up, and that will determine whether or not we roll out the service to more players. That said, we reserve the right to abduct your pirate and put you in debtors jail if that turns out to be necessary!

- We believe that farming will not be practical.
[Feb 4, 2010 6:04:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Your dinner is safe from Cleaver calling.

Hehe! :D

I'm curious...do you anticipate an actual increase in subcriptions/doubloons from players that might not be inclined to spend otherwise, particularly casual ones? Or is this primarily an experiment?
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Feb 4, 2010 7:03:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shafuraa

I think most people who have not made any payment and have probably expressed how hard it is to make payment without credit card or by sending cash whizzing through the mail would probably be offered this.

And the real freeloaders, who never had any intention of ever paying, will have to find another excuse.

Yay!

I don't want to be a freeloader. I've paid for other games cause they are much easier to pay for (namely asiasoft). I completely trust the method used by other games where i can be 100% certain my $$ will get there. (Whereby the dollars fly out of the bank and is instantly updated as A-Cash.) Right now I can't say so much about 000 way cause they are not in asia; I really liked the cards idea though. The cards was actually sold over here but was sold so fast that i could barely call dips.

If i have to be labeled as a freeloader, so be it. I rather not risk the money I've worked hard for. I'll just keep waiting for the best option or till Kwedit go global. :D
Shafuraa of Sage
[Feb 4, 2010 8:51:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates