• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1383 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Beserker36

Privateers Presents: Post-Christmas Pillage!

Well mates, its that time of year again! The snow has fallen on the islands and the rigging of the ships has iced up quite nicely. In celebration, I have stocked up that wonderful WF "Jolly Elf" and put a few finishing touches on her.

When & Where:
In keeping with tradition, Privateers will be running a pillage aboard this lovely ship over the Christmas holiday. I myself am quite busy on Christmas Day, so we'll be celebrating a bit late this year... the 26th of December! We will start jobbing shortly before noon pirate time, and hope to shove off by 12:30 or 1:00.

Jobbing Phase:
As we load up, I will be using QuizBot, courtesy of Captain Cuzz, to keep the excitement up; so make sure you bring your thinking (santa) hats! The questions will range from common knowledge of the Holidays to specific events, so it's anyone's game! Peices of eight will be awarded for correct answers, and the champion will earn a "ticket" for a choice of presents at the end.

Presents:
Presents you say? Well, of course there will be presents! Here's some details.
I have placed five wrapped presents on the bow around the tree. Each of them has a small surprise inside, and one may even include a (dramatic buildup please...) brand new sloop!

Alright, now that I have your attention, heres how to get a "ticket" (okay, its a greeting card) to receive a gift: There will be one ticket for winning the QuizBot game. In the event of a tie, there will be a tie-breaker quiz question for those involved. The second way is through good performance. My lovely Elves will be keeping track of the highest scorers (Increds), and the three people with the most amount of incredibles throughout the pillage will also receive a ticket! We may decide to count excellents too, but we're not 100% sure yet. The third (and final) way to earn a ticket is a bit of a secret for now, but will be announced at the end of the pillage!

The present selection will occur at the end of a pillage. If you have received your "ticket" before the pillage ends (i.e. via the QuizBot), and must leave early, do not worry! You will be able to claim your present the next available time, although you're likely to be stuck with only one present to pick. For those who stay around until the end of the pillage, I will post numbers one through five on the presents. The order the winners will pick will be decided by a program that selects one of the five names at random. The lucky pirate who gets to go first will select the number of his/her choice. Then, the other four will follow suit. If a winner is missing, but has received their ticket, they will be skipped to allow for immediate distribution of the other presents, and will receive the one remaining after selection. All presents will be distributed after numbers are picked, so its all a mystery until the presents are given out!

During the Pillage:
Whilst we are underway, the Elves will spreading cheer in various forms, including randomly giving out small gifts! As a note: the Elves have been instructed by Santa to only give gifts to those on the "nice" list, and thus will only be giving presents to stationers!

If things go well, I will also try to locate a large (not huge) non-sinking Imperial Outpost expedition map so we can spread some Christmas cheer to those stingy Imperial Scrooges!

--

Well guys, thats it for our Post-Christmas Pilly! I hope ye all can make it!

Here's one last reminder ;)
December 26th, 12:00 Noon game time aboard the Jolly Elf

Happy Holidays from the Privateers!
----------------------------------------
~ Thetwam of Sage:
Senior Officer of Privateers
Lord of Black Flag
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Beserker36 at Dec 24, 2009 11:56:24 AM]
[Dec 24, 2009 11:55:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thetwam.110mb.com [Link]  Go to top 
Beserker36

Re: Privateers Presents: Post-Christmas Pillage!

Many thanks to all who showed up, We had a blast!
~ Thetwam of Sage:
Senior Officer of Privateers
Lord of Black Flag
[Dec 27, 2009 9:04:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thetwam.110mb.com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates