• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2151 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
rjajr1

Undivided Souls Cromwell Event Blockade

Ahoy Mates Undivided Souls will be holding an Event Blockade on Cromwell Island. As per the rules this is the post to announce our event. The event is mostly for fun and team building, come join us if you wish, details below.

Location - Cromwell Island
Date Friday Dec 4th, 2009
Time High: Noon Game Time

Blockade settings
Sinking: No Sinking
Cannons Ineffective: No
Ignore Alliances: Yes
Use Maneuvers: Yes
Rounds: 2
Obstacles: Normal
Ship Types: Sloop, Cutter & War Brig

Feel free to talk to Ybbob, Timostamboli Or Oldseadog on game if you wich specifics.
[Dec 1, 2009 5:55:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
donut1001

Re: Undivided Souls Cromwell Event Blockade

Ahoy Mates Undivided Souls will be holding an Event Blockade on Cromwell Island. As per the rules this is the post to announce our event. The event is mostly for fun and team building, come join us if you wish, details below.

What is the point in petitioning an OM asking to post an event blockade, just for fun and team building? I can understand it if it was a token bake-off or something similar, but for fun....?

Why not ask a 'player' governor to post an event blockade for you, or why don't you just enter one of the current event blockades on the pending board?
----------------------------------------
I've quit.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by donut1001 at Dec 2, 2009 1:13:03 AM]
[Dec 2, 2009 1:12:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

What is the point in flaming someone who has created an event which is clearly designed to increase the fun on Sage?

Perhaps they didn't want to get engaged in all the politics that goes with asking a player flag to do it. I support their decision.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Dec 4, 2009 11:25:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Nooblar

I'd be happy to run event blockades for people on Ambush, Barbary, or anything else we end up taking as long as it doesn't cause issues with regular blockades. We could even come and contest and give whoever a little fun on the board if they want, and scheduales allow.

That said, this is also exactly the event blockade islands are for. People to have events on. If someone would rather use Starfish over Amity, or Cromwell over Kiwara, or whatever, thats fine. If the OMs are willing to host the event, then its obviously not a misuse.
Nooblar and/or Nerdbeard on Sage/Emerald
Cartrunner wrote: 

<3
Dear forum alt: since you inquired, no, I do not endorse ban evasion.

Tilinkatar!
[Dec 4, 2009 1:22:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Timo_Legend

Just wanted to thank the people that did turn up to contest with us, it WAS fun and I would like to thank Nooblar for his open invitation, expect a knock on your door XD
TimoStamboli
Seven Deadly Sins
Rum
Sage
[Dec 17, 2009 12:02:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    timo_legend    timo_legend [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates